Draft Talk
-
The most flattering comparison I have seen so far was he is a shorter, weaker Newton. I guess take that for what its worth.
Chad Kelly is a far less talent Johnny Football.
Well, I don't know about that, but in round 7, a chance could be taken. Fair to say?
I mean, if the Browns took NO QB before then, he could still be worth a shot in round 7, no?
(and lets note this: despite everything.... JFF did have some fair football talent, to an extent. He had little or no maturity or life choice talent...but he did/does have some football talent.
I think, if straightened up, he could go to Canada and do reasonably well in that system)
Well, I don't know about that, but in round 7, a chance could be taken. Fair to say?
I mean, if the Browns took NO QB before then, he could still be worth a shot in round 7, no?
(and lets note this: despite everything.... JFF did have some fair football talent, to an extent. He had little or no maturity or life choice talent...but he did/does have some football talent.
I think, if straightened up, he could go to Canada and do reasonably well in that system)
I get what you are saying, but he has a clear pattern of poor behavior. He just doesn't seem like someone who is worth the trouble.
-
Not quite. Hard to follow with grammatical errors.
I'm also still unsure how you really feel. Don't compare him to Allen. We're not talking about taking TW #1 so there's no reason to compare. Outside of comparisons all you've said was Williams is "solid," "worthy player," (not sure of what), and he will carve out a solid NFL career.
I wanna know what you think his draft value is and how you'd put him up next to the other pass rushers in this draft.
Not quite. Hard to follow with grammatical errors.
I'm also still unsure how you really feel. Don't compare him to Allen. We're not talking about taking TW #1 so there's no reason to compare. Outside of comparisons all you've said was Williams is "solid," "worthy player," (not sure of what), and he will carve out a solid NFL career.
I wanna know what you think his draft value is and how you'd put him up next to the other pass rushers in this draft.
99% of my posts are from my phone with a cracked ass screen from the Tribe watch party I'm too lazy to fix. My apologies, really don't feel like proof reading.
That being said, I did give you my eval on Williams with the Floyd comparison from last year.
In this draft? Below Garrett, above Barnett. Haven't watched Watt yet to give input on where I might scale him in there.
-
Well, I don't know about that, but in round 7, a chance could be taken. Fair to say?
I mean, if the Browns took NO QB before then, he could still be worth a shot in round 7, no?
(and lets note this: despite everything.... JFF did have some fair football talent, to an extent. He had little or no maturity or life choice talent...but he did/does have some football talent.
I think, if straightened up, he could go to Canada and do reasonably well in that system)
I get what you are saying, but he has a clear pattern of poor behavior. He just doesn't seem like someone who is worth the trouble.
I get what you are saying, but he has a clear pattern of poor behavior. He just doesn't seem like someone who is worth the trouble.
For a 7th rounder I would take a shot. And get his uncle in to kick his ass if he gets out of line.
-
I get what you are saying, but he has a clear pattern of poor behavior. He just doesn't seem like someone who is worth the trouble.
For a 7th rounder I would take a shot. And get his uncle in to kick his ass if he gets out of line.
For a 7th rounder I would take a shot. And get his uncle in to kick his ass if he gets out of line.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but after he got injured this year he went to a cousins football game and tried to rush the field to beat the shit out of someone.
-
So far to say that Watson most likely just jumped his draft stock after his performance last night against one of the best defenses in the country. Most likely a lock as a top 16 player in the draft.
-
So far to say that Watson most likely just jumped his draft stock after his performance last night against one of the best defenses in the country. Most likely a lock as a top 16 player in the draft.
So far to say that Watson most likely just jumped his draft stock after his performance last night against one of the best defenses in the country. Most likely a lock as a top 16 player in the draft.
Yep, I tend to agree. That defense was NO JOKE, and is loaded with NFL talent. He definitely struggled at times, but it's too much to expect ANY QB to play a perfect game against a team like that. I was impressed with how he hung in there, didn't really force things that weren't there, threw the ball away when he had to, and made the most of his opportunities. You know what else I like about Watson? He throws a very good "jump ball" to his big receiver. Wouldn't that look nice going to Pryor? Watson isn't a perfect candidate, but he's definitely interesting. And what's this garbage I read about his frame being thin? He looked pretty damn tough to me, and he's FAR from skinny. He might be a tad narrow in the shoulders, but his arms look roped with muscle, and he's a fluid athlete. We shall see.
-
I think one of his worst attributes is his arm power. It's far from elite, but still above average. Isn't he like 6'3 220? One positive thing about him is he doesn't let mistakes get to hi. He got intercepted twice by OSU who had 3 1st round players in the secondary, 2 of which could be top 10 picks and he didn't do great, but he never let his mistakes pressure him. Each time he started the next drive he did well.
-
I think one of his worst attributes is his arm power. It's far from elite, but still above average. Isn't he like 6'3 220? One positive thing about him is he doesn't let mistakes get to hi. He got intercepted twice by OSU who had 3 1st round players in the secondary, 2 of which could be top 10 picks and he didn't do great, but he never let his mistakes pressure him. Each time he started the next drive he did well.
I think one of his worst attributes is his arm power. It's far from elite, but still above average. Isn't he like 6'3 220? One positive thing about him is he doesn't let mistakes get to hi. He got intercepted twice by OSU who had 3 1st round players in the secondary, 2 of which could be top 10 picks and he didn't do great, but he never let his mistakes pressure him. Each time he started the next drive he did well.
That's a pretty good observation. Mistakes are made, but how does a player react to them in pressure situations? Watson displayed cool touch on some of those late throws, and he also got helped by his teammates who made some outstanding receptions.
-
So far to say that Watson most likely just jumped his draft stock after his performance last night against one of the best defenses in the country. Most likely a lock as a top 16 player in the draft.
So far to say that Watson most likely just jumped his draft stock after his performance last night against one of the best defenses in the country. Most likely a lock as a top 16 player in the draft.
He will be a Top 5 pick in the draft.
-
So far to say that Watson most likely just jumped his draft stock after his performance last night against one of the best defenses in the country. Most likely a lock as a top 16 player in the draft.
He will be a Top 5 pick in the draft.
I'll ask the question I asked in "must target" thread here as well...
Who saw Watson throw to someone not his first read and how many times?
He will be a Top 5 pick in the draft.
How many does that make in your top five now?
-
I'll ask the question I asked in "must target" thread here as well...
Who saw Watson throw to someone not his first read and how many times?
He will be a Top 5 pick in the draft.
How many does that make in your top five now?
I'll ask the question I asked in "must target" thread here as well...
Who saw Watson throw to someone not his first read and how many times?
How many does that make in your top five now?
I have said all along that these 2 QBs will go Top 5. Watson and Trub. I have never predicted anyone else, but everyone has assumed that Garrett and Allen will also go there.
So, I have only said 2, others assume 2. That leaves another spot open.
Give us what you think will be your Top 5...
-
So far to say that Watson most likely just jumped his draft stock after his performance last night against one of the best defenses in the country. Most likely a lock as a top 16 player in the draft.
He will be a Top 5 pick in the draft.
He will be a Top 5 pick in the draft.
I agree that is most likely, but I was mostly commenting about all the mock drafts I have been seeing where Watson was falling to the 2nd and even 3rd round. If I see that continue to happen I'll know that whoever is making the mock is most likely a jack off.
-
Round 1 Pick 7 (S.D.): Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A)
Round 1 Pick 12: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (B+)
Round 2 Pick 6 (S.D.): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (

Round 2 Pick 20: Desmond King, FS, Iowa (A)
Round 3 Pick 16 (MINN): Kevin King, CB, Washington (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B-)
Round 4 Pick 7 (WASH): Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M (

Round 4 Pick 17 (WASH): Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (A-)
Round 5 Pick 32: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A-)
Round 6 Pick 17 (WASH): Elijah Hood, RB, North Carolina (B-)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2018 Round 1 Pick (S.D.)
2019 Round 1 Pick
Would love to see this happen.
Get the QB I was going to take #1 anyways at the seventh spot... Get that QB protection on the OL, C/RG/RT. Get a 'stud' RB in McC. Get a dynamic KR/PR in Pumphrey, he can also tote the rock, plus we get Hood, who is a Crowell clone IMO on the cheap. Gives us a talented FS and CB. A potential starting TE before his injury, we take him and nurse him back to health and he takes over for big play barnidge in two years. We get a monster DE in Hall. Getting Switzer, a talented WR with the ball in his hands, who also has great hands is a steal. To top it off we can pick up an extra first next draft! I know it doesn't fix everything, but we also have FA and Udfa. We could make a big jump next season.
-
-
Thank you!
-
I think all of this talk about Watson being a second or even third round pick is simply ridiculous. NFL teams need QB's, and they are willing to take chances on them time after time. Even if Watson "slides" in the first round a bit, there will be teams fighting over each other to trade up with the teams that don't need QB's in order to snatch him.
-
I think all of this talk about Watson being a second or even third round pick is simply ridiculous. NFL teams need QB's, and they are willing to take chances on them time after time. Even if Watson "slides" in the first round a bit, there will be teams fighting over each other to trade up with the teams that don't need QB's in order to snatch him.
I think all of this talk about Watson being a second or even third round pick is simply ridiculous. NFL teams need QB's, and they are willing to take chances on them time after time. Even if Watson "slides" in the first round a bit, there will be teams fighting over each other to trade up with the teams that don't need QB's in order to snatch him.
Watson will be a Top 5 pick.
-
Lattimore declaring now gives some shake up to DBs in the late 1st to mid 2nd round range.
-
Lattimore declaring now gives some shake up to DBs in the late 1st to mid 2nd round range.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login