Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • @taco918 said:

    How I Met Your Mother?

    Well, he's off my board now.....

    That is pretty egregious.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    That is pretty egregious.

    Compared to some of the disqualifing factors thrown around last year before the draft, my tounge in cheek remark seems pretty logical.

    I mean, that is kind of an odd favorite show for a college kid. I guess it's better than Real Housewives or something like that.

  • Wow, I'm actually a little surprised by that. Don't get me wrong, he's a hell of a college Qb. I just didn't think there would be that much interest in the NFL for him. I guess I'm wrong there.

    @mld-woody said:

    Wow, I'm actually a little surprised by that. Don't get me wrong, he's a hell of a college Qb. I just didn't think there would be that much interest in the NFL for him. I guess I'm wrong there.

    I wasn't expecting that high of a grade either. I figured he would be a late round flier/QB to WR project. Then again, I don't watch much of the other OSU so my opinion is probably moot.

  • Well... JT's a running QB... so there's that. Also a bit undersized by NFL standards...

    But his arm is good and he has displayed some decision making capacity. Also folks forget that he was mentioned in the Heisman hunt two years ago before he was hurt and Cardale turned into Cinderella.

    Only one big game so far this year... OU. Need to see what he does vs. the schedule the rest of way.

    @tour2ma said:

    Well... JT's a running QB... so there's that. Also a bit undersized by NFL standards...

    But his arm is good and he has displayed some decision making capacity. Also folks forget that he was mentioned in the Heisman hunt two years ago before he was hurt and Cardale turned into Cinderella.

    Only one big game so far this year... OU. Need to see what he does vs. the schedule the rest of way.

    But I expect OSUs QB to always be mentioned with the Heismen.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Well... JT's a running QB... so there's that. Also a bit undersized by NFL standards...

    But his arm is good and he has displayed some decision making capacity. Also folks forget that he was mentioned in the Heisman hunt two years ago before he was hurt and Cardale turned into Cinderella.

    Only one big game so far this year... OU. Need to see what he does vs. the schedule the rest of way.

    But I expect OSUs QB to always be mentioned with the Heismen.

    @mld-woody said:

    But I expect OSUs QB to always be mentioned with the Heismen.

    Miller and Garrett certainly deserved mentioned. Not so much Cardale.

  • I don't want any if the QBs playing college football right now. None of them are first round picks..yet. It could change. The Browns should trade the Eagles pick for Jimmy Garapolo.

  • I don't want any if the QBs playing college football right now. None of them are first round picks..yet. It could change. The Browns should trade the Eagles pick for Jimmy Garapolo.

    @opal312 said:

    I don't want any if the QBs playing college football right now. None of them are first round picks..yet. It could change. The Browns should trade the Eagles pick for Jimmy Garapolo.

    Why would the Pats trade the heir apparent to their 39 year old QB? People here are delusional about the Pats trading away Garapolo.

  • @opal312 said:

    I don't want any if the QBs playing college football right now. None of them are first round picks..yet. It could change. The Browns should trade the Eagles pick for Jimmy Garapolo.

    Why would the Pats trade the heir apparent to their 39 year old QB? People here are delusional about the Pats trading away Garapolo.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    People here are delusional about the Pats trading away Garapolo.

    fixed...

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    People here are delusional about the Pats trading away Garapolo.

    fixed...

    @tour2ma said:

    fixed...

    Beat me to it. A year ago it was Ryan Mallet we should trade a first for. The year before that it was Foles. The year before that it was Mettenberger. A few year before that it was Flynn.

    Crazy to think that Mallett, Mettenberger, Foles and Flynn are the top 4 QB's this year, isn't it? If only we'd have traded for them, we'd be set.

  • @tour2ma said:

    fixed...

    Beat me to it. A year ago it was Ryan Mallet we should trade a first for. The year before that it was Foles. The year before that it was Mettenberger. A few year before that it was Flynn.

    Crazy to think that Mallett, Mettenberger, Foles and Flynn are the top 4 QB's this year, isn't it? If only we'd have traded for them, we'd be set.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Beat me to it. A year ago it was Ryan Mallet we should trade a first for. The year before that it was Foles. The year before that it was Mettenberger. A few year before that it was Flynn.

    Crazy to think that Mallett, Mettenberger, Foles and Flynn are the top 4 QB's this year, isn't it? If only we'd have traded for them, we'd be set.

    On a positive note... no one is demanding we trade for DA this week. I guess his fan base found a 3-turnover, MNF start to be off-putting.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Beat me to it. A year ago it was Ryan Mallet we should trade a first for. The year before that it was Foles. The year before that it was Mettenberger. A few year before that it was Flynn.

    Crazy to think that Mallett, Mettenberger, Foles and Flynn are the top 4 QB's this year, isn't it? If only we'd have traded for them, we'd be set.

    On a positive note... no one is demanding we trade for DA this week. I guess his fan base found a 3-turnover, MNF start to be off-putting.

    @tour2ma said:

    On a positive note... no one is demanding we trade for DA this week. I guess his fan base found a 3-turnover, MNF start to be off-putting.

    Boy that was the easiest pick of hte weekend.. I knew DA had that soul crushing game changing interception in him. Just had to wait a bit for it but god it looked so familiar.

  • @tour2ma said:

    On a positive note... no one is demanding we trade for DA this week. I guess his fan base found a 3-turnover, MNF start to be off-putting.

    Boy that was the easiest pick of hte weekend.. I knew DA had that soul crushing game changing interception in him. Just had to wait a bit for it but god it looked so familiar.

    @mark-o said:

    Boy that was the easiest pick of hte weekend.. I knew DA had that soul crushing game changing interception in him. Just had to wait a bit for it but god it looked so familiar.

    I walked around work with an extra pep in my step.

    My office is a block from the stadium and all week all I heard from my coworkers was "How could you let DA go, dude is a better QB than half of the starters in the league."

    Needless to say...today was a quiet day.

  • @mld-woody said:

    But I expect OSUs QB to always be mentioned with the Heismen.

    Miller and Garrett certainly deserved mentioned. Not so much Cardale.

    @the-gipper said:

    Miller and Garrett certainly deserved mentioned. Not so much Cardale.

    None of them deserved/s mention in the hesman discussion.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Miller and Garrett certainly deserved mentioned. Not so much Cardale.

    None of them deserved/s mention in the hesman discussion.

    @miktoxic said:

    None of them deserved/s mention in the hesman discussion.

    Of course they do. Miller in fact was very high in the Heisman voting one year...finishing 5th in 2012 and 9th once.

    Barrett will be very high this year....probably not win, but he is generally thought to be one of the top 3 candidates everywhere I have looked. And in 2014 he finished 5th.

    Cardale, no. Not even a full time starter at any point.

    So, finishing 5th is a "mention" for certain.

  • @miktoxic said:

    None of them deserved/s mention in the hesman discussion.

    Of course they do. Miller in fact was very high in the Heisman voting one year...finishing 5th in 2012 and 9th once.

    Barrett will be very high this year....probably not win, but he is generally thought to be one of the top 3 candidates everywhere I have looked. And in 2014 he finished 5th.

    Cardale, no. Not even a full time starter at any point.

    So, finishing 5th is a "mention" for certain.

    @the-gipper said:

    Cardale, no. Not even a full time starter at any point.

    Except for that whole BIG10-championship/college-playoff-run thing... yeah...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Cardale, no. Not even a full time starter at any point.

    Except for that whole BIG10-championship/college-playoff-run thing... yeah...

    @tour2ma said:

    Except for that whole BIG10-championship/college-playoff-run thing... yeah...

    Does a three game stretch because of injury to the first choice count as "full time starter" now?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Except for that whole BIG10-championship/college-playoff-run thing... yeah...

    Does a three game stretch because of injury to the first choice count as "full time starter" now?

    @gftchris said:

    Does a three game stretch because of injury to the first choice count as "full time starter" now?

    It does when I feel like poking at Gipper... 🙂

  • Mitch, Mitch, Mitch

  • made the number 10 defense in the nation look like bowling green all game they were talking about how Mitch was a better pro prospect than the "Deshauns" and Kaaya. his comparison was a Much Much more athletic Kirk Cousins but hey thats what the announcers were saying

  • Deshone Kizer just got benched for performance reasons 🙁 not a good game to do that especially with the browns scouts watching.

    Alright so because qb seems to be the focus. the stats for the top 6?

    Luke Falk 28/48 261 0 TD 1 INT 47.2 rat

    7 rush for -1

    D. Watson 39/52 378 2 TD 1 INT 80.6 rat

    13 rush for 38 yds and 1 TD

    C. Kelly 18/39 253 1 TD 1 INT 52.5 rat

    14 rush for 89 yds and 2 TD

    B. Kaaya 16/31 224 0 TD 0 INT 27.9 rat

    2 rush for -17

    M. Trubisky 33/46 299 2 TD 0 INT 75.0 rat

    13 rush for 47 yds

    D. Kizer 14/26 154 0 TD 2 INT 43.7 rat

    11 rush for 83 yds and 1 TD

    1.Watson

    2.Mitch

    3.Kelly

    4.Falk

    5.Kaaya

    6.Kizer

    Btw Kaaya lacks in a lot of attributes but he has a great play action motion

  • I like Trubisky next year and Hornibrook the year after. Those are attributes I could work with.