Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I read from an analyst's review that Watson is similar to Mariota, but not as fast, strong, accurate, or big.

    lol... Looks like it would have been faster to list the similarities.

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... Looks like it would have been faster to list the similarities.

    In other words, Watson is just like Mariota minus the everything.

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... Looks like it would have been faster to list the similarities.

    In other words, Watson is just like Mariota minus the everything.

    @tiamat63 said:

    In other words, Watson is just like Mariota minus the everything.

    Lesser is like Brady minus the size, strength and decision making.
  • Not quite, just seems like the Diet Coke of Mariota, LOL. I get what the author was saying.

  • So with that in mind, how does your draft go? How about something like this:



    1: Myles Garrett, Edge, Texas Farming School


    14: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama


    33: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan


    47: Budda Baker, FS, Washington


    65: Tyler Orlovsky, C, West Virginia



    Or, this:



    1. Trubisky QB


    14. Tim Williams OLB, Alabama


    33. Pocic OC


    47. Baker FS, OK


    65.Harold Landry DE BC



    ???


  • You mean Baker FS, Washington?

  • Yeah that's the 'I'm not drafting a starting QB draft'. I don't see Hue Jackson giving up on Kessler just now - I think he's going to really try and work with him in the offseason and get him to a Dalton kind of level. If it doesn't work and we're 6-10 next year then yeah another QB.

    BUT, it wouldn't surprise me if we did draft a QB, and then the draft changes quite a bit. Feel free to put your own up.

    @gftchris said:

    Yeah that's the 'I'm not drafting a starting QB draft'. I don't see Hue Jackson giving up on Kessler just now - I think he's going to really try and work with him in the offseason and get him to a Dalton kind of level. If it doesn't work and we're 6-10 next year then yeah another QB.

    BUT, it wouldn't surprise me if we did draft a QB, and then the draft changes quite a bit. Feel free to put your own up.

    6-10 would be solid. What are you expecting?

    Also, Texas Farming School. Love it!

  • Anyone who doesn't think Mahomes II isn't the top dawg coming out hasn't seen him play. The guy is for real and has everything you want in a starting qb. Now if the Browns draft a qb with their first pick and sit him, it is a wasted pick because our qb's currently on the team aren't worth a Damn.....

  • Anyone who doesn't think Mahomes II isn't the top dawg coming out hasn't seen him play. The guy is for real and has everything you want in a starting qb. Now if the Browns draft a qb with their first pick and sit him, it is a wasted pick because our qb's currently on the team aren't worth a Damn.....

    @elkdawg said:

    Anyone who doesn't think Mahomes II isn't the top dawg coming out hasn't seen him play. The guy is for real and has everything you want in a starting qb. Now if the Browns draft a qb with their first pick and sit him, it is a wasted pick because our qb's currently on the team aren't worth a Damn.....

    He just won the Sammy Baugh award, but is it the QB or is it Kliff Kingsbury's system (remember JFF?).

    And so far he hasn't declared for the draft has he?

  • @gftchris said:

    Yeah that's the 'I'm not drafting a starting QB draft'. I don't see Hue Jackson giving up on Kessler just now - I think he's going to really try and work with him in the offseason and get him to a Dalton kind of level. If it doesn't work and we're 6-10 next year then yeah another QB.

    BUT, it wouldn't surprise me if we did draft a QB, and then the draft changes quite a bit. Feel free to put your own up.

    6-10 would be solid. What are you expecting?

    Also, Texas Farming School. Love it!

    @wargograw said:

    6-10 would be solid. What are you expecting?

    Also, Texas Farming School. Love it!

    Something in that area. 4-12 would be obviously better than this year, but if things had fallen a little differently early in the season we could be there now. I'm not sure who the starting QB will be - Kessler or RG3 my guess - but I expect to see a couple of very good draft picks coming in to solidify some shaky areas and allow us to progress. So 6-10 or 7-9 would be a good but not unreasonable improvement.

  • I like Mahomes more than anyone else as well.

  • Just draft the whole Alabama team. They could do better than the Browns by at least 2 games a season. 😆

  • What does everyone think of Marlon Humphrey? The guy looks like the next Darrelle Revis. And I havent said that since Patrick Peterson.

    Anyways,

    My dream draft would be

    1. Myles Garrett

    6. (Trade our #13 & #65) Marlon Humphrey

    33. Caleb Brantley

    47. Christian McCaffrey (I don't believe in Crow)

  • With that said,

    I like the idea of Haden at safety to shore up our huge hole at free safety.

  • With that said,

    I like the idea of Haden at safety to shore up our huge hole at free safety.

    @secondwave said:

    With that said,

    I like the idea of Haden at safety to shore up our huge hole at free safety.

    I used to think that was an option - but I'm not sure about that anymore.

  • I like Mahomes more than anyone else as well.

    @wargograw said:

    I like Mahomes more than anyone else as well.

    really intersting kid, but it's said he wouldn't be nfl-ready. Seems to rarely drop back and set

    his feet before throwing...to wide open wr's who apparently are outstanding. Very strong arm, looks

    like jm with his scrambling to find a wr to throw to...He is impressive...

    might very well stay in school. Maybe Trubiski stays in school... but I don't think so. But Trubisky

    is the real deal as his college experience can show it.

  • Mahomes is a very interesting QB prospect. just watched his game against Oklahoma and besides the obvious size, athleticism, and arm strength, he also displayed very good pocket awareness. Mahomes senses pressure really well which allows him to extend plays and allows his receivers to get downfield.

  • Trace Mcsorley is pretty damn money.

  • iggles lost to the Bengals today...improving our 2nd first round pick.

    The Bengals at 4-7-1 are currently drafting ahead of the iggles (5-7).

    Next week if the Skins can beat the iggles then that pick would improve yet again as they'll jump ahead of the Bengals (who play us).

    -------------

    The Bears crushed the 49'ers.

    Man, the 9'ers are bad.

  • iggles lost to the Bengals today...improving our 2nd first round pick.

    The Bengals at 4-7-1 are currently drafting ahead of the iggles (5-7).

    Next week if the Skins can beat the iggles then that pick would improve yet again as they'll jump ahead of the Bengals (who play us).

    -------------

    The Bears crushed the 49'ers.

    Man, the 9'ers are bad.

    @orion said:

    iggles lost to the Bengals today...improving our 2nd first round pick.

    The Bengals at 4-7-1 are currently drafting ahead of the iggles (5-7).

    Next week if the Skins can beat the iggles then that pick would improve yet again as they'll jump ahead of the Bengals (who play us).

    -------------

    The Bears crushed the 49'ers.

    Man, the 9'ers are bad.

    Really, really bad. I watched most of that game. Maybe even worse than the Browns. We're a bunch of missed FGs against the Dolphins of being tied with them.

  • Hasn't been against great teams, but quietly Barkley has now had two nice games in a row.