Draft Talk
-
There are some nice players in this haul. I bolded the ones that stand out for me. I've just started looking into some of these players... this seems like the earliest I've ever started actually researching players. Usually. It's going to be a long off-season.
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 21 (BALT): Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU
Round 1 Pick 23 (PITT): Desmond King, CB, Iowa
Round 2 Pick 1: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 8 (CINN): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State
Round 2 Pick 13 (BUF): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M
Round 2 Pick 14: Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
Round 2 Pick 18 (G.B.): Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
Round 2 Pick 21 (BALT): DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
Round 2 Pick 23 (PITT): Marcus Maye, FS, Florida
Round 3 Pick 1: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia
Round 3 Pick 13 (BUF): Dion Dawkins, OT, Temple
Round 3 Pick 18 (G.B.): Kevin King, CB, Washington
Round 3 Pick 23 (PITT): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn
Round 4 Pick 1: Jordan Willis, OLB, Kansas State
Round 5 Pick 30: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Riley Bullough, ILB, Michigan State (B-)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick -
-
There are some nice players in this haul. I bolded the ones that stand out for me. I've just started looking into some of these players... this seems like the earliest I've ever started actually researching players. Usually. It's going to be a long off-season.
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 21 (BALT): Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU
Round 1 Pick 23 (PITT): Desmond King, CB, Iowa
Round 2 Pick 1: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 8 (CINN): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State
Round 2 Pick 13 (BUF): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M
Round 2 Pick 14: Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
Round 2 Pick 18 (G.B.): Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
Round 2 Pick 21 (BALT): DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
Round 2 Pick 23 (PITT): Marcus Maye, FS, Florida
Round 3 Pick 1: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia
Round 3 Pick 13 (BUF): Dion Dawkins, OT, Temple
Round 3 Pick 18 (G.B.): Kevin King, CB, Washington
Round 3 Pick 23 (PITT): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn
Round 4 Pick 1: Jordan Willis, OLB, Kansas State
Round 5 Pick 30: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Riley Bullough, ILB, Michigan State (B-)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick... this seems like the earliest I've ever started actually researching players. Usually. It's going to be a long off-season.
Well, by the time you're 0-9 let alone 0-16 it is the off-season.
Unrealistic, but really solid draft effort there... really foundational stuff... and a pair of Kings might take down the pot.
They got a name on it now? Back in the day it was just a place we could go where they never asked for an ID and as long as you didn't cause any trouble the county sheriff might have one with you. We just called it that beer joint over in Snook.
"The Bird" was the nickname in the 90's for the bar right on University in College Station. Actual name was "The Dixie Chicken". It was the official, ring-dunking establishment of the Corps.
-
I know, it seems unrealistic, but realistically; if we own say, the number one overall selection and let's give the eagles a... #7 selection, we could trade down multiple times with both picks! I don't think that's ever been done before. We can't win a game but can kill the shit out a draft.

-
The Kings of Cleveland.
Has a nice ring to it. Shades of the past.
The more I think about it... Is Mitch Trubisky or any another player a once in a lifetime player?
Because what the Browns could walk away with if they were able to pimp the shit out the draft could be a once in a lifetime opportunity. If it was Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, or maybe Derrick Carr, but if there is even a little doubt... "I've got one first round pick, do I hear two? I've got two first round picks, do I hear three? Going once, I've got three. I've got Three first round picks, do I hear four? ..."
I wish it were me that got to make that call. This could get interesting. There's a couple different paths to choose from where we go from here.
-
Here's one just staying put and drafting what came to me. I really like this Pumphrey kid, dude has burners. He could be the answer at PR/KR and a playmaker on 3rd downs and special screens and reverse plays.
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 11: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Desmond King, CB, Iowa (A)
Round 2 Pick 14: Evan Engram, TE/WR, Ole Miss (B+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Kevin King, CB, Washington (C+)
Round 4 Pick 1: Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor (

Round 5 Pick 30: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick
-
Here's one just staying put and drafting what came to me. I really like this Pumphrey kid, dude has burners. He could be the answer at PR/KR and a playmaker on 3rd downs and special screens and reverse plays.
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 11: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Desmond King, CB, Iowa (A)
Round 2 Pick 14: Evan Engram, TE/WR, Ole Miss (B+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Kevin King, CB, Washington (C+)
Round 4 Pick 1: Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor (

Round 5 Pick 30: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick
Here's one just staying put and drafting what came to me. I really like this Pumphrey kid, dude has burners. He could be the answer at PR/KR and a playmaker on 3rd downs and special screens and reverse plays.
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 11: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Desmond King, CB, Iowa (A)
Round 2 Pick 14: Evan Engram, TE/WR, Ole Miss (B+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Kevin King, CB, Washington (C+)
Round 4 Pick 1: Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor (

Round 5 Pick 30: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick
Fournette not dropping past 6.
-
King won't be there in the 2nd
-
The Kings of Cleveland.
Has a nice ring to it. Shades of the past.
The more I think about it... Is Mitch Trubisky or any another player a once in a lifetime player?
Because what the Browns could walk away with if they were able to pimp the shit out the draft could be a once in a lifetime opportunity. If it was Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, or maybe Derrick Carr, but if there is even a little doubt... "I've got one first round pick, do I hear two? I've got two first round picks, do I hear three? Going once, I've got three. I've got Three first round picks, do I hear four? ..."
I wish it were me that got to make that call. This could get interesting. There's a couple different paths to choose from where we go from here.
The Kings of Cleveland.
Has a nice ring to it. Shades of the past.
The more I think about it... Is Mitch Trubisky or any another player a once in a lifetime player?
Because what the Browns could walk away with if they were able to pimp the shit out the draft could be a once in a lifetime opportunity. If it was Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, or maybe Derrick Carr, but if there is even a little doubt... "I've got one first round pick, do I hear two? I've got two first round picks, do I hear three? Going once, I've got three. I've got Three first round picks, do I hear four? ..."
I wish it were me that got to make that call. This could get interesting. There's a couple different paths to choose from where we go from here.
Interesting take. That could get fun indeed. Surely with 6 first rounders we'd hit on someone. Lol
-
Here ya go, Ag...
Browns have 'astronomical grade' on Texas A&M's Myles Garrett, per source
Adam Schefter ESPN Senior Writer
As the 0-12 Cleveland Browns get closer to clinching the No. 1 overall draft pick, there is a real chance that the team will not use its top selection on a quarterback.
The Browns have what one source close to the situation described as an "astronomical grade" on Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett, a blue-chip prospect who could dramatically upgrade Cleveland's defense. The Browns are enamored with Garrett, according to the source.
Then again it is Schefter...
-
Despite being hampered by an injury all year, he's played with one hell of a motor. That, coupled with his eventual athleticism uptick, is very promising.
-
Here ya go, Ag...
Browns have 'astronomical grade' on Texas A&M's Myles Garrett, per source
Adam Schefter ESPN Senior Writer
As the 0-12 Cleveland Browns get closer to clinching the No. 1 overall draft pick, there is a real chance that the team will not use its top selection on a quarterback.
The Browns have what one source close to the situation described as an "astronomical grade" on Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett, a blue-chip prospect who could dramatically upgrade Cleveland's defense. The Browns are enamored with Garrett, according to the source.
Then again it is Schefter...
Here ya go, Ag...
Browns have 'astronomical grade' on Texas A&M's Myles Garrett, per source
Adam Schefter ESPN Senior Writer
As the 0-12 Cleveland Browns get closer to clinching the No. 1 overall draft pick, there is a real chance that the team will not use its top selection on a quarterback.
The Browns have what one source close to the situation described as an "astronomical grade" on Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett, a blue-chip prospect who could dramatically upgrade Cleveland's defense. The Browns are enamored with Garrett, according to the source.
Then again it is Schefter...
Interesting. I think he is the kind of player that can refill the empty seats if they build that defense around his skills. I hope Schefter's source is a good one. Denver fans certainly get charged up by Von Miller. And like Miller his presence can affect every play whether he gets the QB or not, as long as there are others on the team to complement his level of play. The Browns can do that in one draft with what is already on the roster. And if they let some of those D players up for new contracts (like Collins) know they plan to draft him, I think we retain them all. These guys want to be on a D that makes a difference. It's why Ware (and others) signed on with Denver. And you know my bias, build a great D and you are back in the playoffs.
-
You take Myles and put him where you want him.....great players dont need "systems" to be great.....they just get it done...
Garrett has been my choice since last year.....and that aint changing.....
If the Browns trade out of the opportunity to select him.....they will hit 11 plus on my stupid meter....(which goes to 10)
-
You take Myles and put him where you want him.....great players dont need "systems" to be great.....they just get it done...
Garrett has been my choice since last year.....and that aint changing.....
If the Browns trade out of the opportunity to select him.....they will hit 11 plus on my stupid meter....(which goes to 10)
You take Myles and put him where you want him.....great players dont need "systems" to be great.....they just get it done...
Garrett has been my choice since last year.....and that aint changing.....
If the Browns trade out of the opportunity to select him.....they will hit 11 plus on my stupid meter....(which goes to 10)
LOL!
-
You take Myles and put him where you want him.....great players dont need "systems" to be great.....they just get it done...
Garrett has been my choice since last year.....and that aint changing.....
If the Browns trade out of the opportunity to select him.....they will hit 11 plus on my stupid meter....(which goes to 10)
You take Myles and put him where you want him.....
OK... QB! HA!
First stab at FirstPick... I guess you can color me "stupid"...

Your score is: 10066 (GRADE: A-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 7 (CAR): Tim Williams, OLB/DE, Alabama (A+)
Round 1 Pick 19 (WASH): Desmond King, CB, Iowa (B+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (B+)
Round 2 Pick 7 (CAR): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A-)
Round 2 Pick 11 (PHI): Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (A+)
Round 2 Pick 14: Marcus Williams, FS, Utah (A+)
Round 2 Pick 23 (PITT): Marcus Maye, FS, Florida (

Round 3 Pick 1: Anthony Walker Jr., ILB, Northwestern (A-)
Round 3 Pick 23 (PITT): Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss (

Round 4 Pick 1: Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State (A)
Round 5 Pick 30: Riley Bullough, ILB, Michigan State (

Round 6 Pick 1: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A+)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick (CAR)
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick
1. Chicago Bears - 10760
2. Philadelphia Eagles - 10406
3. Cleveland Browns - 10066
4. Jacksonville Jaguars - 9838
-
Like the draft, but someone will have to explain to me why we need McCaffrey with Duke on the roster.
-
I don't see first down runner in his future. Too skinny.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login