Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • Word. He was a play taker-offer in 2014 (true freshman), no doubt. Better in 2015. Last Saturday he didn't seem to and that was driven home repeatedly by Danielson (who had criticized him a lot for doing so the last two years). That said, when games were on the line he did put the team on his back and make a play several times (notably when the Alabama game was slipping away--tipped pass to himself for INT and I believe a blocked punt).

    He's a special talent. Really special. Am I in love with him like I was Von? Not really. Just adding here since I've seen so much.

    Also zero character issues and not on social media.

  • Apparently ND's Kizer is also in the discussions for the #1 QB slot.

    Anyone watch him play vs Texas this past week?

  • Apparently ND's Kizer is also in the discussions for the #1 QB slot.

    Anyone watch him play vs Texas this past week?

    @unsympathetic said:

    Apparently ND's Kizer is also in the discussions for the #1 QB slot.

    Anyone watch him play vs Texas this past week?

    Page 1 & 2 of this thread...

  • Today during highlights, former FSU/NFL QB Danny Kanell said Buechele has the best deep ball in the Big 12 since RG3. I'm guessing that implies it's accurate too. If we still suck by the time he enters the draft, do I even need to type what happened to my fortune teller days?

  • HA!! man, i dunno flugs.... kinda soured on those big 12 guys after getting burned a couple of times.

  • Why would we still suck in a couple years?

  • Why would we still suck in a couple years?

    @tour2ma said:

    Why would we still suck in a couple years?

    THAT was the right answer Tour!

  • So if we end up with the #1 overall pick (outlook seems headed that way), will we repeat the trade down process once again or draft a franchise player?

  • So if we end up with the #1 overall pick (outlook seems headed that way), will we repeat the trade down process once again or draft a franchise player?

    @texasag1969 said:

    So if we end up with the #1 overall pick (outlook seems headed that way), will we repeat the trade down process once again or draft a franchise player?

    Magic 8 ball says it depends on what the eagles' pick looks like. If that's high I can see us taking a 'franchise player' and trading theirs. If not I suspect we trade ours. Just my 2c.

  • So if we end up with the #1 overall pick (outlook seems headed that way), will we repeat the trade down process once again or draft a franchise player?

    @texasag1969 said:

    So if we end up with the #1 overall pick (outlook seems headed that way), will we repeat the trade down process once again or draft a franchise player?

    Too early to know the answer...

    Not too early to see the premise...

  • haven't seen anyone yet in the college ranks that has me going "that's the guy!" yeah, i know it will happen later with the heisman consideration and as things trickle down but sorry watson? no. rosen? ehh. then just ehh.

  • Since it appears that the Browns are on a long term rebuilding program....and that winning games is of no consequences to them at this point.......why don't we Browns fans just exclusively focus on what is important to the team: The Draft. Lets not bother watching or talking about the games. I may in fact put a personal embargo on talking about the Browns actual games this season. So, here we go, the #1 thing for Browns management and fans: 2017 Draft prospects at areas of need for the Browns:

    1. Quarterback.....possible Choices: DeShaun Watson Clemson, Brad Kaaya Miami, Chad Kelly Ole Miss.

    2.Cornerback....Marlon Humphrey Alabama, Teez Tabor Florida, Adoree Jackson USC

    3. Safeties....Budda Baker Washington, Marcus Maye, Florida, Jabil Peppers Michigan, Jamal Adams LSU

    4. Defensive Tackles...Malik McDowell, Mich State. Lowell Lotuleili Utah, Jarron Jones Notre Dame

    5. Inside Linebacker: Raekwon McMillan, Ohio St., Reuben Foster Alabama

    6. Guards: Dan Feeney Indiana, Billy Price Ohio St.

    7. OTs: Cam Robinson Alabama, Roderick Johnson LSU

    8. Defensive Ends: Myles Garret Texas A&M

    9. OLBs: Tim William Alabama

    10. Center: Pat Elflein Ohio St.

    Maybe the Browns should just adopt a policy: only draft players from Alabama and Ohio St. Those teams seem to get the best talent and dominate the draft every year anyway.

  • I'm going to go out on a limb and say safety, particularly strong safety, isn't a position of need for the browns. Campbell and Kindred look legitimate NFL players. Poyer is serviceable but could be upgraded

    Also, Alabama players - fine, just no backs - running or quarter.

  • haven't seen anyone yet in the college ranks that has me going "that's the guy!" yeah, i know it will happen later with the heisman consideration and as things trickle down but sorry watson? no. rosen? ehh. then just ehh.

    @miktoxic said:

    haven't seen anyone yet in the college ranks that has me going "that's the guy!" yeah, i know it will happen later with the heisman consideration and as things trickle down but sorry watson? no. rosen? ehh. then just ehh.

    Rosen is just another Manziel.

    Watson can make any throw you want an NFL QB to make, and deliver it when it needs to be delivered. Only problem is he's a little undersized. He is this year's Goff, but more talented with his legs.

    Kizer has the ability to make any throw you'd want but is less polished than Watson. However, he has fantastic intangibles and size. He is this year's Wentz, only at a big program. And he's an Ohio guy, which is nice.

    Those are the only two I'm in on right now. I am tentatively following Mahomes right now, he has the size and the arm talent but he's a developmental guy for sure.

  • @miktoxic said:

    haven't seen anyone yet in the college ranks that has me going "that's the guy!" yeah, i know it will happen later with the heisman consideration and as things trickle down but sorry watson? no. rosen? ehh. then just ehh.

    Rosen is just another Manziel.

    Watson can make any throw you want an NFL QB to make, and deliver it when it needs to be delivered. Only problem is he's a little undersized. He is this year's Goff, but more talented with his legs.

    Kizer has the ability to make any throw you'd want but is less polished than Watson. However, he has fantastic intangibles and size. He is this year's Wentz, only at a big program. And he's an Ohio guy, which is nice.

    Those are the only two I'm in on right now. I am tentatively following Mahomes right now, he has the size and the arm talent but he's a developmental guy for sure.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Rosen is just another Manziel.

    Watson can make any throw you want an NFL QB to make, and deliver it when it needs to be delivered. Only problem is he's a little undersized. He is this year's Goff, but more talented with his legs.

    Kizer has the ability to make any throw you'd want but is less polished than Watson. However, he has fantastic intangibles and size. He is this year's Wentz, only at a big program. And he's an Ohio guy, which is nice.

    Those are the only two I'm in on right now. I am tentatively following Mahomes right now, he has the size and the arm talent but he's a developmental guy for sure.

    Kizer played well last year in the games I saw. I thought Rosen was a bigger dude than Manziel but I've never seen him play, just heard a lot about him that he's way over on the cocky side, which if he can back it up would be just fine but I don't want another midget who's the village idiot running around back there.

  • Rosen looked good last week under tremendous pressure. I believe he's the first QB to throw for 300 yards against A&M since 2014, and there likely won't be another one this year. Id be interested to hear how he compared to Manziel as I don't see it at all.

  • Rosen looked good last week under tremendous pressure. I believe he's the first QB to throw for 300 yards against A&M since 2014, and there likely won't be another one this year. Id be interested to hear how he compared to Manziel as I don't see it at all.

    @wargograw said:

    Rosen looked good last week under tremendous pressure. I believe he's the first QB to throw for 300 yards against A&M since 2014, and there likely won't be another one this year. Id be interested to hear how he compared to Manziel as I don't see it at all.

    The only one I know of (Ive never seen him play) is that I've heard hes quite cocky. Which Manziel was as well..

  • Josh Rosen

    6-4

    218 lbs

    maybe a tad skinny...but still only a sophomore.

    Way way bigger than midget manziel.

  • Rosen looked good last week under tremendous pressure. I believe he's the first QB to throw for 300 yards against A&M since 2014, and there likely won't be another one this year. Id be interested to hear how he compared to Manziel as I don't see it at all.

    @wargograw said:

    Rosen looked good last week under tremendous pressure. I believe he's the first QB to throw for 300 yards against A&M since 2014, and there likely won't be another one this year. Id be interested to hear how he compared to Manziel as I don't see it at all.

    He brought a hot tub into his dorm room his freshman year and apparently he's quite the asshole.

    Guys who grow up thinking the rules don't apply to them very rarely become franchise QB's. But, by all means, if you guys wanna go that route again...

  • Who are the top 5 pro style QB's coming out this year? Pure passers no more duel threats been doing that for 4 years now lets get back to real pro football for a change