Draft Talk
-
As a prospect, sure, Garrett is equal to Trubisky, apparently.
But Garrett is NOT a Quarterback. And if you saw my recent thread about #1 overall picked QBs....you know that a QB has been taken in that slot 14 times in the last 20 years. Again...hello....QBs get the premium treatment.
Plus...I think that the Browns can get a closer to Garrett like talent with the Eagles pick than they can get a Trubisky like talent with that pick.
Just my opinion.
But, hell.....let's go with PoG's suggestion. Trade up that Eagles pick so we take 1 and 2 and get them both. I'm game. What would it cost?
Ever consider that the QB premium might be inflating Mitch's stock?
Ever consider that the QB premium might be inflating Mitch's stock?
Yes....just as it has inflated the stock of every QB drafted the last 20 years. But from what I have seen...in limited time, he fits right in with the upper echelon of those taken whose stock was either inflated or not.
-
So you've been watching tape on Mitch and scouting him yourself then?
A bit. But also, as I said, most other prospect surveys have him now in like the Top 5. So, its not like I made this shit up or something.
A bit.
Cool... sincerely... cool... More of this, please, and posts bringing what you see for discussion and debate. Less citing of mocks and rankings and "reports" of our intentions to bludgeon Mitch to the top of everyone's boards.
I have a feeling that my mind is going to change about a billion times during the next 5 months. Right now, I'm having a VERY hard time getting my mind off of Garrett. That speed around the edge, and his ability to actually stop the run are so tantalizing (did I say tantalizing?). With Ogbah stringing together a stretch of 8 games where he is top ten in the NFL in "QB Pressures", AND actually finishing a few sacks, the ability to put a speed rusher on the other side might be too much to pass over. Danny Shelton made a HUGE leap this year, and if he can get better next year, we could have consistent pressure from the sides AND the middle. That's how you completely bugger an offense. Toss in Desmond Bryant for good measure, and you have the beginning of a nasty front.
But...if we do that, we're back to the age old, "WTF do we do about the QB position?!". Best case scenario for us is that we fall in love with the other QB prospects. We're obviously NOT going to get both Garrett and Mitch, so we'll have to hope that either Watson is the real deal, or Kizer is better than many think. Kizer seems so difficult to fully evaluate because of the cluster chicken that is Notre Dame. Let's hope Hue Jackson and the front office know what they're doing.
Edit: Just saw a mock draft that had us taking Mitch with #1, and then Alabama's Rueben Foster with the Eagle's pick. He's a NASTY inside linebacker, and probably the hardest hitter in the entire draft. He does NOT mess around, and there are more than a few Browns' fans that would love a "nasty" type player enforcing the middle. The thing is....I don't understand where he'd play, assuming we manage to keep Collins. Kirksey is a good player, Collins is amazing...so what do you do? Move Collins to the outside and keep Kirksey and Foster inside? I dunno.
I'm moving Myles' way as well. Love Allen, and his fit, but every time I do the First-Pick thing, I can't pull the trigger on him at #1. Despite the assurances of Mud and others tho, I still suffer from Garrett-scheme-paranoia.
Assume we go Garrett and 4-3... Would Foster in the middle flanked by Collins and Kirksey, in an Iowa, OLB redux, float your boat?
-
Ever consider that the QB premium might be inflating Mitch's stock?
Yes....just as it has inflated the stock of every QB drafted the last 20 years. But from what I have seen...in limited time, he fits right in with the upper echelon of those taken whose stock was either inflated or not.
Yes....just as it has inflated the stock of every QB drafted the last 20 years. But from what I have seen...in limited time, he fits right in with the upper echelon of those taken whose stock was either inflated or not.
In your evaluation, what makes you think that Trubisky is on the level of Manning, Luck, Newton, Elway, Stafford, etc?
-
A bit.
Cool... sincerely... cool... More of this, please, and posts bringing what you see for discussion and debate. Less citing of mocks and rankings and "reports" of our intentions to bludgeon Mitch to the top of everyone's boards.
I have a feeling that my mind is going to change about a billion times during the next 5 months. Right now, I'm having a VERY hard time getting my mind off of Garrett. That speed around the edge, and his ability to actually stop the run are so tantalizing (did I say tantalizing?). With Ogbah stringing together a stretch of 8 games where he is top ten in the NFL in "QB Pressures", AND actually finishing a few sacks, the ability to put a speed rusher on the other side might be too much to pass over. Danny Shelton made a HUGE leap this year, and if he can get better next year, we could have consistent pressure from the sides AND the middle. That's how you completely bugger an offense. Toss in Desmond Bryant for good measure, and you have the beginning of a nasty front.
But...if we do that, we're back to the age old, "WTF do we do about the QB position?!". Best case scenario for us is that we fall in love with the other QB prospects. We're obviously NOT going to get both Garrett and Mitch, so we'll have to hope that either Watson is the real deal, or Kizer is better than many think. Kizer seems so difficult to fully evaluate because of the cluster chicken that is Notre Dame. Let's hope Hue Jackson and the front office know what they're doing.
Edit: Just saw a mock draft that had us taking Mitch with #1, and then Alabama's Rueben Foster with the Eagle's pick. He's a NASTY inside linebacker, and probably the hardest hitter in the entire draft. He does NOT mess around, and there are more than a few Browns' fans that would love a "nasty" type player enforcing the middle. The thing is....I don't understand where he'd play, assuming we manage to keep Collins. Kirksey is a good player, Collins is amazing...so what do you do? Move Collins to the outside and keep Kirksey and Foster inside? I dunno.
I'm moving Myles' way as well. Love Allen, and his fit, but every time I do the First-Pick thing, I can't pull the trigger on him at #1. Despite the assurances of Mud and others tho, I still suffer from Garrett-scheme-paranoia.
Assume we go Garrett and 4-3... Would Foster in the middle flanked by Collins and Kirksey, in an Iowa, OLB redux, float your boat?
Cool... sincerely... cool... More of this, please, and posts bringing what you see for discussion and debate. Less citing of mocks and rankings and "reports" of our intentions to bludgeon Mitch to the top of everyone's boards.
I'm moving Myles' way as well. Love Allen, and his fit, but every time I do the First-Pick thing, I can't pull the trigger on him at #1. Despite the assurances of Mud and others tho, I still suffer from Garrett-scheme-paranoia.
Assume we go Garrett and 4-3... Would Foster in the middle flanked by Collins and Kirksey, in an Iowa, OLB redux, float your boat?
I don't see why we'd have to subscribe one way or the other, to be honest. With Collins, Garrett, Kirksey, Nassib, Ogbah and Shelton on the field, we'd be able to transition from 3-4 to 4-3 on the field seamlessly.
4-3 LBs: ROLB Kirksey MLB Foster LOLB Collins
4-3 DL: RE Garrett DT Cooper?? DT Shelton LE Nassib/Ogbah
Moving to a 3-4, just trot Garrett back to ROLB and slide Cooper to RE. Having guys like Nassib, Ogbah, and Collins enables us to have a transformative defense.
-
-
-
-
A bit.
Cool... sincerely... cool... More of this, please, and posts bringing what you see for discussion and debate. Less citing of mocks and rankings and "reports" of our intentions to bludgeon Mitch to the top of everyone's boards.
I have a feeling that my mind is going to change about a billion times during the next 5 months. Right now, I'm having a VERY hard time getting my mind off of Garrett. That speed around the edge, and his ability to actually stop the run are so tantalizing (did I say tantalizing?). With Ogbah stringing together a stretch of 8 games where he is top ten in the NFL in "QB Pressures", AND actually finishing a few sacks, the ability to put a speed rusher on the other side might be too much to pass over. Danny Shelton made a HUGE leap this year, and if he can get better next year, we could have consistent pressure from the sides AND the middle. That's how you completely bugger an offense. Toss in Desmond Bryant for good measure, and you have the beginning of a nasty front.
But...if we do that, we're back to the age old, "WTF do we do about the QB position?!". Best case scenario for us is that we fall in love with the other QB prospects. We're obviously NOT going to get both Garrett and Mitch, so we'll have to hope that either Watson is the real deal, or Kizer is better than many think. Kizer seems so difficult to fully evaluate because of the cluster chicken that is Notre Dame. Let's hope Hue Jackson and the front office know what they're doing.
Edit: Just saw a mock draft that had us taking Mitch with #1, and then Alabama's Rueben Foster with the Eagle's pick. He's a NASTY inside linebacker, and probably the hardest hitter in the entire draft. He does NOT mess around, and there are more than a few Browns' fans that would love a "nasty" type player enforcing the middle. The thing is....I don't understand where he'd play, assuming we manage to keep Collins. Kirksey is a good player, Collins is amazing...so what do you do? Move Collins to the outside and keep Kirksey and Foster inside? I dunno.
I'm moving Myles' way as well. Love Allen, and his fit, but every time I do the First-Pick thing, I can't pull the trigger on him at #1. Despite the assurances of Mud and others tho, I still suffer from Garrett-scheme-paranoia.
Assume we go Garrett and 4-3... Would Foster in the middle flanked by Collins and Kirksey, in an Iowa, OLB redux, float your boat?
Cool... sincerely... cool... More of this, please, and posts bringing what you see for discussion and debate. Less citing of mocks and rankings and "reports" of our intentions to bludgeon Mitch to the top of everyone's boards.
I am not sure why you would want to hear more of my opinion about this, really. As I am not an expert. I know that I like what I see. I am assuming that those doing the mocks and rankings are done by professionals.
So...perhaps you should be thankful that I do list the opinions of those others....as, if you really want my opinions, those can be had by the payment of my hourly rate. Where should I send my invoice?

-
Yes....just as it has inflated the stock of every QB drafted the last 20 years. But from what I have seen...in limited time, he fits right in with the upper echelon of those taken whose stock was either inflated or not.
In your evaluation, what makes you think that Trubisky is on the level of Manning, Luck, Newton, Elway, Stafford, etc?
In your evaluation, what makes you think that Trubisky is on the level of Manning, Luck, Newton, Elway, Stafford, etc?
Well, from my unprofessional point of view (unless you too wish to be paying me for my professional point of view), I just see a certain innate talent.
Marino/Namath like quickness of release. As strong an arm as any of those (except probably Elway....who has ever had a stronger arm). Accuracy, poise. Mobility. Touch.
-
Cool... sincerely... cool... More of this, please, and posts bringing what you see for discussion and debate. Less citing of mocks and rankings and "reports" of our intentions to bludgeon Mitch to the top of everyone's boards.
I am not sure why you would want to hear more of my opinion about this, really. As I am not an expert. I know that I like what I see. I am assuming that those doing the mocks and rankings are done by professionals.
So...perhaps you should be thankful that I do list the opinions of those others....as, if you really want my opinions, those can be had by the payment of my hourly rate. Where should I send my invoice?

I am not sure why you would want to hear more of my opinion about this, really. As I am not an expert. I know that I like what I see. I am assuming that those doing the mocks and rankings are done by professionals.
So...perhaps you should be thankful that I do list the opinions of those others....as, if you really want my opinions, those can be had by the payment of my hourly rate. Where should I send my invoice?

Did you mean to say "stick"?
Because it's your opinion of a player vs. your opinion of an opinion or opinions.
Shit, Gip... we're all amateur evaluators here... something you remind us of almost daily. And we can also all read mocks and rankings... whenever we want to.
Right now, I choose to pretty much ignore the published stuff. With so much time to go... so many league-wide needs TBD... so many underclassmen yet to decide... I find that it's just not worth the time yet.
-
A bit.
Cool... sincerely... cool... More of this, please, and posts bringing what you see for discussion and debate. Less citing of mocks and rankings and "reports" of our intentions to bludgeon Mitch to the top of everyone's boards.
I have a feeling that my mind is going to change about a billion times during the next 5 months. Right now, I'm having a VERY hard time getting my mind off of Garrett. That speed around the edge, and his ability to actually stop the run are so tantalizing (did I say tantalizing?). With Ogbah stringing together a stretch of 8 games where he is top ten in the NFL in "QB Pressures", AND actually finishing a few sacks, the ability to put a speed rusher on the other side might be too much to pass over. Danny Shelton made a HUGE leap this year, and if he can get better next year, we could have consistent pressure from the sides AND the middle. That's how you completely bugger an offense. Toss in Desmond Bryant for good measure, and you have the beginning of a nasty front.
But...if we do that, we're back to the age old, "WTF do we do about the QB position?!". Best case scenario for us is that we fall in love with the other QB prospects. We're obviously NOT going to get both Garrett and Mitch, so we'll have to hope that either Watson is the real deal, or Kizer is better than many think. Kizer seems so difficult to fully evaluate because of the cluster chicken that is Notre Dame. Let's hope Hue Jackson and the front office know what they're doing.
Edit: Just saw a mock draft that had us taking Mitch with #1, and then Alabama's Rueben Foster with the Eagle's pick. He's a NASTY inside linebacker, and probably the hardest hitter in the entire draft. He does NOT mess around, and there are more than a few Browns' fans that would love a "nasty" type player enforcing the middle. The thing is....I don't understand where he'd play, assuming we manage to keep Collins. Kirksey is a good player, Collins is amazing...so what do you do? Move Collins to the outside and keep Kirksey and Foster inside? I dunno.
I'm moving Myles' way as well. Love Allen, and his fit, but every time I do the First-Pick thing, I can't pull the trigger on him at #1. Despite the assurances of Mud and others tho, I still suffer from Garrett-scheme-paranoia.
Assume we go Garrett and 4-3... Would Foster in the middle flanked by Collins and Kirksey, in an Iowa, OLB redux, float your boat?
Cool... sincerely... cool... More of this, please, and posts bringing what you see for discussion and debate. Less citing of mocks and rankings and "reports" of our intentions to bludgeon Mitch to the top of everyone's boards.
I'm moving Myles' way as well. Love Allen, and his fit, but every time I do the First-Pick thing, I can't pull the trigger on him at #1. Despite the assurances of Mud and others tho, I still suffer from Garrett-scheme-paranoia.
Assume we go Garrett and 4-3... Would Foster in the middle flanked by Collins and Kirksey, in an Iowa, OLB redux, float your boat?
Ya...it sure as hell WOULD. I think Dick LaBeaux (sp?) once said, "You can NEVER have enough linebackers." Obviously, he was speaking in terms of a 3-4, but I believe it applies to our 4-3 as well. For all intents and purposes, we pretty much play a 4-3 now. I'm guessing our front 4 would look something like Ogbah, Shelton, D. Bryant, and Nassib. Our linebackers would then be Kirksey, Foster, and Collins. Now, I don't want to get ahead of myself, but geez...that doesn't actually look terrible. However, if we take Foster with Eagles' pick, we obviously can't take Garrett with our first pick because of the whole "we still don't have an effing QB" thingy. We take Foster, we have to go QB first. UNLESS we have a guy identified that will be available in the second, but then the odds of finding a "day 1" starter get pretty low. And make no bones about it, we NEED a day 1 starter.
There's one more option, and most aren't going to like it. Many years there are QB's (and other players) that slip in the first round for whatever reason. Maybe they had a bad pro day, didn't run as fast, or scored low on the Wonderlic. Remember how Teddy Twatwater was the #1 pick all year, and then all of the sudden he was thin, had a weak arm, and lord knows what else? Suppose we take Garrett first, then Foster with next pick...and then someone like Kizer or Watson starts to slip. He gets past the teams that need a QB, and the "QB rich" teams obviously pass on him. Then...we're sitting with the first pick of the second round....and then we TRADE UP to grab our QB. We have the resources to make this happen. Day 1 could very easily look like Garrett, Foster, and Watson. We get the dynamic pass rusher to go opposite Ogbah (sorry Nassib, haven't shown me anything lately), who is also stout against the run. Keep in mind that Garrett is VERY young, and his frame could easily hold another 15 pounds without sacrificing much speed. Then you add Foster...the ruthless, feared enforcer we desperately need. And make no mistake about it, we NEED somebody to instill FEAR inside the opposition. You want your TE to come across the middle?? Ok, well he's about to visit La-La Land. Then you tack on Watson, perhaps the most important of everyone. Would it hurt to give up resources? Hell yes. But if we grade Watson out to be a starter....then it's completely worth it.
-
I am not sure why you would want to hear more of my opinion about this, really. As I am not an expert. I know that I like what I see. I am assuming that those doing the mocks and rankings are done by professionals.
So...perhaps you should be thankful that I do list the opinions of those others....as, if you really want my opinions, those can be had by the payment of my hourly rate. Where should I send my invoice?

Did you mean to say "stick"?
Because it's your opinion of a player vs. your opinion of an opinion or opinions.
Shit, Gip... we're all amateur evaluators here... something you remind us of almost daily. And we can also all read mocks and rankings... whenever we want to.
Right now, I choose to pretty much ignore the published stuff. With so much time to go... so many league-wide needs TBD... so many underclassmen yet to decide... I find that it's just not worth the time yet.
Did you mean to say "stick"?
Because it's your opinion of a player vs. your opinion of an opinion or opinions.
Shit, Gip... we're all amateur evaluators here... something you remind us of almost daily. And we can also all read mocks and rankings... whenever we want to.
Right now, I choose to pretty much ignore the published stuff. With so much time to go... so many league-wide needs TBD... so many underclassmen yet to decide... I find that it's just not worth the time yet.
Well, then, if you ignore the published stuff....then there is nothing else to look at. Except watching things on your own.
So, riddle me this: who cares about "league wide" needs? Browns likely got #1 overall....it don't matter what other teams need...not as far as that pick is concerned. (perhaps with our second pick)
and most of the rankings apply to those who could be eligible to come out, so the best of them are included. (unless you really want to delve into 3-4-5-6-7 round picks.
-
As long as we don't trade up to #22...
One QB seems to always fall... often thru no fault of their own. Agree that waiting at #33 would likely be perilous and a trade to 28-ish would not be very expensive... even trivial if you hit. Plus there's the whole 5th year option thing that comes with 1st rounders...
-
Cool... sincerely... cool... More of this, please, and posts bringing what you see for discussion and debate. Less citing of mocks and rankings and "reports" of our intentions to bludgeon Mitch to the top of everyone's boards.
I'm moving Myles' way as well. Love Allen, and his fit, but every time I do the First-Pick thing, I can't pull the trigger on him at #1. Despite the assurances of Mud and others tho, I still suffer from Garrett-scheme-paranoia.
Assume we go Garrett and 4-3... Would Foster in the middle flanked by Collins and Kirksey, in an Iowa, OLB redux, float your boat?
Ya...it sure as hell WOULD. I think Dick LaBeaux (sp?) once said, "You can NEVER have enough linebackers." Obviously, he was speaking in terms of a 3-4, but I believe it applies to our 4-3 as well. For all intents and purposes, we pretty much play a 4-3 now. I'm guessing our front 4 would look something like Ogbah, Shelton, D. Bryant, and Nassib. Our linebackers would then be Kirksey, Foster, and Collins. Now, I don't want to get ahead of myself, but geez...that doesn't actually look terrible. However, if we take Foster with Eagles' pick, we obviously can't take Garrett with our first pick because of the whole "we still don't have an effing QB" thingy. We take Foster, we have to go QB first. UNLESS we have a guy identified that will be available in the second, but then the odds of finding a "day 1" starter get pretty low. And make no bones about it, we NEED a day 1 starter.
There's one more option, and most aren't going to like it. Many years there are QB's (and other players) that slip in the first round for whatever reason. Maybe they had a bad pro day, didn't run as fast, or scored low on the Wonderlic. Remember how Teddy Twatwater was the #1 pick all year, and then all of the sudden he was thin, had a weak arm, and lord knows what else? Suppose we take Garrett first, then Foster with next pick...and then someone like Kizer or Watson starts to slip. He gets past the teams that need a QB, and the "QB rich" teams obviously pass on him. Then...we're sitting with the first pick of the second round....and then we TRADE UP to grab our QB. We have the resources to make this happen. Day 1 could very easily look like Garrett, Foster, and Watson. We get the dynamic pass rusher to go opposite Ogbah (sorry Nassib, haven't shown me anything lately), who is also stout against the run. Keep in mind that Garrett is VERY young, and his frame could easily hold another 15 pounds without sacrificing much speed. Then you add Foster...the ruthless, feared enforcer we desperately need. And make no mistake about it, we NEED somebody to instill FEAR inside the opposition. You want your TE to come across the middle?? Ok, well he's about to visit La-La Land. Then you tack on Watson, perhaps the most important of everyone. Would it hurt to give up resources? Hell yes. But if we grade Watson out to be a starter....then it's completely worth it.
Suppose we take Garrett first, then Foster with next pick...and then someone like Kizer or Watson starts to slip. He gets past the teams that need a QB, and the "QB rich" teams obviously pass on him. Then...we're sitting with the first pick of the second round....and then we TRADE UP to grab our QB. We have the resources to make this happen. Day 1 could very easily look like Garrett, Foster, and Watson...
As long as we don't trade up to #22...
One QB seems to always fall... often thru no fault of their own. Personally I'd just as see it be Kizer, but regardless I agree that waiting at #33 would likely be perilous and a trade to 28-ish would not be very expensive... even trivial, if you hit.
Plus there's the whole 5th year option thing that comes with 1st rounder...
-
As long as we don't trade up to #22...
One QB seems to always fall... often thru no fault of their own. Agree that waiting at #33 would likely be perilous and a trade to 28-ish would not be very expensive... even trivial if you hit. Plus there's the whole 5th year option thing that comes with 1st rounders...
For the fifth year option alone I'd rather take a QB at 28 and give up say a third or fourth round pick. And while we're at it is rather give up our low third comp pick than the first pick in the fourth round - take the extra 24 hours to decide on your pick. And, you know, do better than Joe Schobert.As long as we don't trade up to #22...
One QB seems to always fall... often thru no fault of their own. Agree that waiting at #33 would likely be perilous and a trade to 28-ish would not be very expensive... even trivial if you hit. Plus there's the whole 5th year option thing that comes with 1st rounders...
-
That's a fair point. The other guy I see entering into the "mid first round" area is Mason Rudolph from Oklahoma State. He runs that shotgun "read-option" style of offense that Hue Jackson appears to favor. Hell, we got most of our good runs from either a draw or the read-option formation. He's not fast, but not slow either. Throws a gorgeous, looping deep ball which allows his receivers to run under the ball, but can also juice it when needed. Good size, too. I haven't done any "research" on him, but at least he's another name to consider. I know other people on this board have mentioned him earlier, but this is the first time I've read up on him.
Man, it's mid-December and I'm already so stoked about this draft. The damn 49's choked on Sunday (naturally), and I'm a little worried the Chargers won't travel well and we'll sneak out an ugly victory that does nothing but cost us the first pick. LOL. I remember a few years ago when we played the Bolts in the snow and we won a 9-6 game or something close to it. With them out of the playoff hunt, possibly moving cities...I could see them mailing it in.
-
-
Sure, lets go for average. We can always get another Charlie Frye, Colt McCoy, Kessler etc. with a 3rd round pick.
(how many Russell Wilson's or Dak Prescotts come from those rounds?)
-
Did you mean to say "stick"?
Because it's your opinion of a player vs. your opinion of an opinion or opinions.
Shit, Gip... we're all amateur evaluators here... something you remind us of almost daily. And we can also all read mocks and rankings... whenever we want to.
Right now, I choose to pretty much ignore the published stuff. With so much time to go... so many league-wide needs TBD... so many underclassmen yet to decide... I find that it's just not worth the time yet.
Well, then, if you ignore the published stuff....then there is nothing else to look at. Except watching things on your own.
So, riddle me this: who cares about "league wide" needs? Browns likely got #1 overall....it don't matter what other teams need...not as far as that pick is concerned. (perhaps with our second pick)
and most of the rankings apply to those who could be eligible to come out, so the best of them are included. (unless you really want to delve into 3-4-5-6-7 round picks.
Well, then, if you ignore the published stuff....then there is nothing else to look at. Except watching things on your own.
So, riddle me this: who cares about "league wide" needs? Browns likely got #1 overall....it don't matter what other teams need...not as far as that pick is concerned. (perhaps with our second pick)
and most of the rankings apply to those who could be eligible to come out, so the best of them are included. (unless you really want to delve into 3-4-5-6-7 round picks.
I do end up going Day three deep... if nothing else that damn First-Pick game drags me there. But nothing like unearthing a sleeper in your studies.
I do try to ignore the stuff, but some of it is unavoidable... here... on EPSN...
As far as league wide needs... I care... just helps to develop the Day 1 picture. Sure #1 is immune, but not #9-ish... or #33.
-
lol... I swear... at this point a win would hurt.
But if it happens... Allen at #2? I could pull the trigger on him at #2.
Then add Foster at 9-ish...
Still works... not as sexy, but still works.
lol... I swear... at this point a win would hurt.
But if it happens... Allen at #2? I could pull the trigger on him at #2.
Then add Foster at 9-ish...
Still works... not as sexy, but still works.
The sexiest thing I could think of would be us grabbing Garrett at #1, then SF taking Watson at #2 and Chicago taking Trubisky at #4 and the Jets passing on QB with their first round pick.
That would leave us the option of getting Robinson or Foster at #9-#10 and conceivably having Kizer slide all the way to us at #33.
EDIT:
Or, even better, Fournette.
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 10: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame (B+)
Round 2 Pick 15: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan (A)
Round 3 Pick 1: Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M (

Round 5 Pick 31: John Johnson, FS, Boston College (A-)
Round 6 Pick 1: Sean Harlow, OG, Oregon State (B-)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login