Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by PoeticG

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 4 (CHI): Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (A)

    Round 2 Pick 15: Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A)

    Round 4 Pick 1: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B+)

    Round 5 Pick 31: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A-)

    Your Future Picks:

    2019 Round 1 Pick

    I like this draft. I solved problems. I got skills and talent. mic drop

    I got Garrett's teammate Hall, he made plays as well. I think that with a front of Nassib, Shelton, Hall flanked by Ogbah, Collins, Kirksey and Garrett would be lethal. Back em up with Haden and Kindred at Safety, put Jackson and Taylor at corners... we'll have a strong D, with a lot of other players returning from injury. I mean you could even keep Haden at CB and put Jackson in the slot for a while. We found a good player in DKindred, he reminds me a little of Ward. We could try and pick up a FA Safety to cover the other slot or see if Campbell can take it.

    Offense is sick looking. Our Oline will recover next season... Our line will look ages better with Trubisky's dual threat and quick release. Our WR triple threat... GORDON! Pryor and Coleman will finally materialize. RB group of Duke, McCaf and Pumphrey will be to quick and fast to catch.

    And we got a legitimate contender to hold Dawson's jockstrap.

  • Ag has guaranteed he'll be great for us, so must mean he'll sign with us.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Ag has guaranteed he'll be great for us, so must mean he'll sign with us.

    LOL! You know you want him with the Browns. We take him he won't weasel out. And I know you've seen enough to add your guarantee too. 😆

  • Scratch Derek Barnett off my first round list and as a premium pass rusher.

    Next up, Tim Williams tape.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Scratch Derek Barnett off my first round list and as a premium pass rusher.

    Next up, Tim Williams tape.

    Mistake

  • so what are the legitimate chances that we select garrett and he declines it and asked for trade immediately?

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    so what are the legitimate chances that we select garrett and he declines it and asked for trade immediately?

    Zero.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Agree with war on both counts.

  • Scratch Derek Barnett off my first round list and as a premium pass rusher.

    Next up, Tim Williams tape.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Scratch Derek Barnett off my first round list and as a premium pass rusher.

    Next up, Tim Williams tape.

    What did you see that made you scratch Barnett?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Scratch Derek Barnett off my first round list and as a premium pass rusher.

    Next up, Tim Williams tape.

    Mistake

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Mistake

    Oh?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Scratch Derek Barnett off my first round list and as a premium pass rusher.

    Next up, Tim Williams tape.

    What did you see that made you scratch Barnett?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    What did you see that made you scratch Barnett?

    It's what I didnt see. His first step lacks explosion, kid plays heavy footed.

    No ability to dip and bend getting under and by the tackle. Also saw no strong bull rush to compensate.

    Makes decent enough use of his hands, stacks and sheds well enough. But if this team is looking for a pass rusher first and foremost, he ain't it.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    What did you see that made you scratch Barnett?

    It's what I didnt see. His first step lacks explosion, kid plays heavy footed.

    No ability to dip and bend getting under and by the tackle. Also saw no strong bull rush to compensate.

    Makes decent enough use of his hands, stacks and sheds well enough. But if this team is looking for a pass rusher first and foremost, he ain't it.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    It's what I didnt see. His first step lacks explosion, kid plays heavy footed.

    No ability to dip and bend getting under and by the tackle. Also saw no strong bull rush to compensate.

    Makes decent enough use of his hands, stacks and sheds well enough. But if this team is looking for a pass rusher first and foremost, he ain't it.

    Thanks for the insight. I hadn't watched the kid so I wanted to know what the hangup was.

  • S secondwave wrote on last edited by

    I'm looking at WalterFootball and Charlie Campbell has got us:

    1. Myles Garrett (DE/OLB)

    9. Mike McGlinchey (OT)

    33. Gareon Conley (CB)

    50. Marcus Maye (S)

    Two questions:

    1. What does everyone think about us skipping an offensive lineman and stocking up on stud defensive players? I wouldn't mind grabbing Marlon Humphrey (if he slides to the 9th) or Jamal Adams as opposed to another OL. I know that this draft class is loaded with defensive backs, but why not og after the two best ones? Humphrey looks special.

    2. Charlie Campbell has Tim Williams at 27, and he questions his ability to be an every-down backer/end. Isn't he the more reputable one vs. Walter?

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    I'm happy skipping OL in a weak OL class, given our *relative* depth at the position.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Plus... and this is simply based on history... I think there will be at least one hidden, OL gem waiting to be mined on Days 2 and 3.

  • Plus... and this is simply based on history... I think there will be at least one hidden, OL gem waiting to be mined on Days 2 and 3.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Plus... and this is simply based on history... I think there will be at least one hidden, OL gem waiting to be mined on Days 2 and 3.

    I know, at least between myself and you, this has been a theme for the past couple years.

    In that time I've seen these value picks bloom so I'm on board with day 2 or 3 lineman.

    But to ignore the OL completely if it's suggested...? Not a chance.

  • I'm looking at WalterFootball and Charlie Campbell has got us:

    1. Myles Garrett (DE/OLB)

    9. Mike McGlinchey (OT)

    33. Gareon Conley (CB)

    50. Marcus Maye (S)

    Two questions:

    1. What does everyone think about us skipping an offensive lineman and stocking up on stud defensive players? I wouldn't mind grabbing Marlon Humphrey (if he slides to the 9th) or Jamal Adams as opposed to another OL. I know that this draft class is loaded with defensive backs, but why not og after the two best ones? Humphrey looks special.

    2. Charlie Campbell has Tim Williams at 27, and he questions his ability to be an every-down backer/end. Isn't he the more reputable one vs. Walter?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @secondwave said:

    I'm looking at WalterFootball and Charlie Campbell has got us:

    1. Myles Garrett (DE/OLB)

    9. Mike McGlinchey (OT)

    33. Gareon Conley (CB)

    50. Marcus Maye (S)

    Two questions:

    1. What does everyone think about us skipping an offensive lineman and stocking up on stud defensive players? I wouldn't mind grabbing Marlon Humphrey (if he slides to the 9th) or Jamal Adams as opposed to another OL. I know that this draft class is loaded with defensive backs, but why not og after the two best ones? Humphrey looks special.

    2. Charlie Campbell has Tim Williams at 27, and he questions his ability to be an every-down backer/end. Isn't he the more reputable one vs. Walter?

    Me qb #1, BPA defense with the Eagles pick, and BPA o-line with either of the second round picks.

  • Plus... and this is simply based on history... I think there will be at least one hidden, OL gem waiting to be mined on Days 2 and 3.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Plus... and this is simply based on history... I think there will be at least one hidden, OL gem waiting to be mined on Days 2 and 3.

    There always is....still hoping Drango was last years.....you never know.....

    @tiamat63 said:

    I know, at least between myself and you, this has been a theme for the past couple years.

    In that time I've seen these value picks bloom so I'm on board with day 2 or 3 lineman.

    But to ignore the OL completely if it's suggested...? Not a chance.

    FA....FA....FA.....

    Im hoping the Browns decide to sign someone this year.....and OL would be the perfect place to start to avoid a repeat of this season and also avoid the inevitable growing pains of a rookie(or 2) on the OL.....which would(again) be a repeat of this year.....

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    Ok....just did my first "draft game" of the season.....and went against everything Ive been saying....traded back...then drafted a QB high.....then drafted OL help, instead of just signing some......none the less, Id take it.....gonna try another approach on the next one tho.....

    Your score is: 10487 (GRADE: A)

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 5 (TENN): Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 10: Teez Tabor, CB, Florida (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 15 (TENN): Tim Williams, OLB/DE, Alabama (A­)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)

    Round 2 Pick 15: Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A)

    Round 3 Pick 1: Vita Vea, DT, Washington (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 5 (TENN): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A)

    Round 4 Pick 1: Zach Banner, OG, Southern California (B+)

    Round 5 Pick 31: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU (A+)

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    All Offense. Franchise QB, Franchise RB, Rebuilt the Oline from the Center out to the RT, picked up a dual threat FB and a change of pace back that doubles as a dangerous threat on KR/PR... and didn't touch the next two drafts.

    I think defensively once we get everyone back healthy next season we will be good.

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 4 (CHI): Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 10: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 13 (BUF): Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (A)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (A)

    Round 2 Pick 4 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A-)

    Round 5 Pick 31: Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State (A+)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A-)

    Your Future Picks:

    2018 Round 1 Pick

    2019 Round 1 Pick

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    My fuck it get 'em both draft while throwing away the future.

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 3 (JAX): Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 4 (CHI): Jonathan Allen, DE/DT, Alabama (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 1: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A)
    Round 3 Pick 1: Marcus Maye, FS, Florida (B+)
    Round 4 Pick 1: Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss (B+)
    Round 5 Pick 31: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A-)

    Your Future Picks: Gone

  • @tour2ma said:

    Plus... and this is simply based on history... I think there will be at least one hidden, OL gem waiting to be mined on Days 2 and 3.

    There always is....still hoping Drango was last years.....you never know.....

    @tiamat63 said:

    I know, at least between myself and you, this has been a theme for the past couple years.

    In that time I've seen these value picks bloom so I'm on board with day 2 or 3 lineman.

    But to ignore the OL completely if it's suggested...? Not a chance.

    FA....FA....FA.....

    Im hoping the Browns decide to sign someone this year.....and OL would be the perfect place to start to avoid a repeat of this season and also avoid the inevitable growing pains of a rookie(or 2) on the OL.....which would(again) be a repeat of this year.....

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @mudfly said:

    There always is....still hoping Drango was last years.....you never know.....

    FA....FA....FA.....

    Im hoping the Browns decide to sign someone this year.....and OL would be the perfect place to start to avoid a repeat of this season and also avoid the inevitable growing pains of a rookie(or 2) on the OL.....which would(again) be a repeat of this year.....

    I'll add this veteran idea to the discussion with mixed feelings. The TN Titans are not going to re-sign Chance Warmack this year and their line has improved quite a bit in his absence. They were talking on the radio at length about this the other day and it was said that he had a choice to play through an injury (that their medical staff felt was doable with ongoing rehab) or get the surgery. He chose the surgery and it was another thing that rubbed their brass the wrong way about his commitment. If I'm a player, I'd want the surgery that brings me back closer to 100% than performing at a fraction of my capability so I'm not sure I agree with how he is perceived by the Tits.

    I'm leaning toward hoping we can try to sign Warmack with the uncertainties to both of our OGs. Both Warmack and Cooper were elite prospects coming out in the draft. Both guys are young too; and it would free up other areas/priorities on draft day to address first. We also have plenty of money to do this without worrying about cap health.

    At the draft, I'd like to focus on defense early and often beginning with Allen or Garrett and then upgrading help at Safety and Corner.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Like the sentiment, Flugs... just not sure about the target.

    I know how controversial PFF OL grades are here, but we'd be pulling a piece of their 29th ranked, 2015 OL of which they wrote:

    Summary: They’ve tried to fix the line, but it just hasn’t worked. Taylor Lewan looks like a hit, but Chance Warmack has never lived up to the billing. Outside of that, they have a lot of guys playing, but none catching the eye, making up a particularly porous protection unit.

    Not exactly a condemnation, but not an endorsement either.

    Did he make a leap this year?