Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • Nickel is a 4-2 front... I am very sure tia knows the difference.

    Since Collins' arrival we have played more 3-4, but prior to that our base look definitely favored the 4-3.

    @tour2ma said:

    Nickel is a 4-2 front... I am very sure tia knows the difference.

    Since Collins' arrival we have played more 3-4, but prior to that our base look definitely favored the 4-3.

    When we haven't subbed out the bigs it's been 33 with Collins on the weakside in odd fronts.

    Needless to say, aside from Danny, we have no player in which you say 'this is what we're committing to'. Even then, that type of mentality is only dominant on the offensive side of the ball.

  • you mean nickel tia...thats the word your looking for... Nickel

    @cainedesoulis said:

    you mean nickel tia...thats the word your looking for... Nickel

    No, actually it isn't. Nickel is your DB grouping. You can run 4 man fronts from 43 under/ over and 44 looks without being nickel.

  • we play nickel in over 40% of our defensive snaps with 4 down lineman. I can count on both hands the times we have played 4-4 or 4-6. When we are in nickel we rarely send more than 4 and when we do its an S. Most of our other snaps have been 3 down lineman with one rushing LB

    I figure we are going to lose Pryor,Crowell in FA atleast. With Pryor he can be replaced by Devalve because of the similar measurables and Seth did Play WR in College. Regardless its he can be replaced pretty easily, i mean really how hard is it to find someone that can push off and is tall. Devalve makes up for the 2 in height disadvantage with the 10in jump advantage.

  • I feel like there is a fundamental lack of understanding the term "nickel" happening in this very moment.

  • Let it be on record that I am in favor of the 25 defense.

    The more linebackers the better. Who needs those big fat fatty fats bumping titties.

  • Suggesting devalve over Pryor?

    At this point you're just fuckin trolling me.

  • Devalve will be on our team next year and Pryor wont thats the point i'm making. He's no big loss Jordan payton any big bodied receiver would work

  • Trololololololol. And done.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Somone just read Brian Hartline's take?

    http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/ex-browns-player-brian-hartline-says-terrelle-pryor-not-no-1-wide-receiver-shouldn-t-be-re-signed-hue-jackson-still-deems-him-building-block-1.735188

    I caught a lot of that on radio. Between Hartline and a few others TP got crucified. not 100% but wow. I think he has the skills to improve but to a green, brown level? And to be fair, most all the media reports involving our Winless Browns are pretty damning one way or the other.
  • I think Hartline is just a bit miffed that a QB is a better NFL WR than him.

  • Devalve will be on our team next year and Pryor wont thats the point i'm making. He's no big loss Jordan payton any big bodied receiver would work

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Devalve will be on our team next year and Pryor wont thats the point i'm making. He's no big loss Jordan payton any big bodied receiver would work

    "With the shape of a L on your forehead"..Huejax been in many more locker rooms than we have..He's got this

  • I agree with Hartline, Pryor is a #2 receiver.

  • I agree with Hartline, Pryor is a #2 receiver.

    @canton-dawg said:

    I agree with Hartline, Pryor is a #2 receiver.

    Yes, but with his physical attributes and with the right attitude, do you think he can become a number one guy? Even a 2 is good though. He does seem like the type to push ...Maybe not a j Jones..But close is great

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I agree with Hartline, Pryor is a #2 receiver.

    Yes, but with his physical attributes and with the right attitude, do you think he can become a number one guy? Even a 2 is good though. He does seem like the type to push ...Maybe not a j Jones..But close is great

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Yes, but with his physical attributes and with the right attitude, do you think he can become a number one guy? Even a 2 is good though. He does seem like the type to push ...Maybe not a j Jones..But close is great

    TP is an athletic freak, the only thing holding him back lies inside the helmet.

    I think he's going to want #1 WR money to stay, and I don't think he's worth it.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Yes, but with his physical attributes and with the right attitude, do you think he can become a number one guy? Even a 2 is good though. He does seem like the type to push ...Maybe not a j Jones..But close is great

    TP is an athletic freak, the only thing holding him back lies inside the helmet.

    I think he's going to want #1 WR money to stay, and I don't think he's worth it.

    @canton-dawg said:

    TP is an athletic freak, the only thing holding him back lies inside the helmet.

    I think he's going to want #1 WR money to stay, and I don't think he's worth it.

    I'm sure you're right about the money. The packers were sniffing heavy at trade deadline and still like him. I half expect him to go there and Excell. Our FO won't part with the money for him
  • So do we draft another big WR to replace Pryor?

  • So do we draft another big WR to replace Pryor?

    @cainedesoulis said:

    So do we draft another big WR to replace Pryor?

    Nah, we'll be getting Josh Gordon back with like 2 years left on his original contract. We might convince TP to stay with JG to draw massive coverage to the opposite side, it'll be a track meet. Plus, Coleman will be a veteran player as well, should make a substantial jump next season especially with the addition of Gordon.

  • I managed this masterpiece. Would anyone be upset with this draft?

    Your score is: 10667 (GRADE: A)

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 18 (BALT): Desmond King, CB, Iowa ( 😎

    Round 1 Pick 28 (NYG): Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (A-)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (A)

    Round 2 Pick 6 (NYJ): Marcus Williams, FS, Utah (A-)

    Round 2 Pick 20 (HOU): Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan (A)

    Round 3 Pick 12 (N.O.): Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami (Fla.) (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 24 (DET): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M ( 😎

    Round 4 Pick 24 (DET): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A-)

    Your Future Picks:

    2018 Round 1 Pick

    2018 Round 1 Pick (JAX)

    2018 Round 1 Pick (PHI)

    2019 Round 1 Pick

    Keep in mind that's 3 first rounders next year, possible that all three would be top 15 picks. Also, we have PHI's 2nd rounder as well. So that would be 3 in the first and two seconds.

  • 4 first rounders in 2018 ....we would still fuck it up if it was real 🙂


    Round 1 Pick 13 (BUF): Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 20 (HOU): Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA (B+)

    Round 2 Pick 4 (CHI): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson (B+)

    Round 2 Pick 11 (CAR): Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan (A-)

    Round 2 Pick 13 (BUF): Marcus Williams, FS, Utah (A)

    Round 2 Pick 17: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (A)

    Round 2 Pick 20 (HOU): Garett Bolles, OT, Utah (A)

    Round 3 Pick 1: Steven Taylor, OLB, Houston (B+)

    Round 4 Pick 1: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU (B-)

    Round 5 Pick 31: Darren Carrington II, WR, Oregon (A+)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Ed Paris, CB, LSU (B-)


    Your Future Picks:

    2018 Round 1 Pick (CHI)

    2018 Round 1 Pick

    2018 Round 1 Pick (HOU)

    2019 Round 1 Pick