Skip to content

Browns/Eagles Game Predictions

The Browns Board
85 37 3.3k
  • I think calling the Eagles' offense "mediocre" is a stretch...possibly a big one. Think about starting a division 2 rookie QB that only played in the first preseason game and didn't take ANY first team reps until 3 days ago. Now, the QB is just ONE POSITION, but it's a pretty big part of the equation. They have decent receivers, good TE's, a good OL, solid RB's, and Sproles is always dangerous, but everything keeps going back to the QB....

    I know this will sound absolutely nuts, but here it goes. I think the reason the Browns lose this game is because it would just HURT that much. Imagine the headline, "Cleveland Browns lose to a rookie QB who just started practicing on Monday with the starters and hasn't played since week 1 of the preseason. Oh, and it's the same QB they passed on with the second pick."

    It just makes WAAAAAAY too much sense for us to lose. LOL. Oh, and it's a season opener, so that alone screws us royally.

    In all seriousness, the stars couldn't align any better for our beleaguered team to actually win a season opener. Not only that, but if we win, we help our draft order for next year. Look at the numbers for rookie starting QB's, and look especially at their wins-losses. The vast majority of rookie QB's have terrible records. This Eagles' pick could be VERY high...

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I think calling the Eagles' offense "mediocre" is a stretch...possibly a big one. Think about starting a division 2 rookie QB that only played in the first preseason game and didn't take ANY first team reps until 3 days ago.

    To make Wentz comfortable, the Eagle's OC is running his college offensive scheme.

    The Browns D will need to rattle Wentz's cage early and often, that would be enough to squeak out a win.

    The young'uns will shine on D and RGIII returns to his rookie form

    Browns - 28

    Iggles - 27

  • im sure at has been said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but just Blitz the hell out of wentz fuck him blitz every down that punk fron n.d state will fold under the pressure

  • @opal312 said:

    If someone tells the rookies that the Browns own the longest active streak of opening day losses, maybe they'll be fired up and win! Right now the streak is 11 and hopefully it stops on Sunday.

    It'd be nice for a change.

    Got a feeling a lot of teams will be upset for not jumpin on the chance to draft wentz. Not saying he'll beat us sunday or he'll be a pro-bowler this year BUT......

    @miktoxic said:

    It'd be nice for a change.

    Got a feeling a lot of teams will be upset for not jumpin on the chance to draft wentz. Not saying he'll beat us sunday or he'll be a pro-bowler this year BUT......

    Mik I predict that Nassib is going to send Wentz to the locker room by early in the 2nd quarter. Re aggravated cracked ribs as we begin to establish a nasty streak in our front D.
  • @tour2ma said:

    Really nice analysis...

    I'll add that the Eagles have an established D that was simply put on the field too much last year by Chip Kelly's high-paced, misfiring Offense. Loosening them up with the pass will require us to take a different tact than they will need to take to loosen us up. Namely I think we have to stretch the field early.

    The other thing I'll mention is I think it is important for us to rattle Wentz early. If he makes it to halftime with "decent" stats and no Pick-6 scale, self-inflicted wounds, then I think he gets stronger in the second half.

    So we need to steal the A&M gameplan against UCLA's Rosen, rattle him early and often with multiple disguised blitzes. Sounds good on paper anyway.

    @texasag1969 said:

    So we need to steal the A&M gameplan against UCLA's Rosen, rattle him early and often with multiple disguised blitzes. Sounds good on paper anyway.

    Wentz is gonna see blitzes he's never seen before. Key is stopping the Beagles running game.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Really nice analysis...

    I'll add that the Eagles have an established D that was simply put on the field too much last year by Chip Kelly's high-paced, misfiring Offense. Loosening them up with the pass will require us to take a different tact than they will need to take to loosen us up. Namely I think we have to stretch the field early.

    The other thing I'll mention is I think it is important for us to rattle Wentz early. If he makes it to halftime with "decent" stats and no Pick-6 scale, self-inflicted wounds, then I think he gets stronger in the second half.

    So we need to steal the A&M gameplan against UCLA's Rosen, rattle him early and often with multiple disguised blitzes. Sounds good on paper anyway.

    @texasag1969 said:

    So we need to steal the A&M gameplan against UCLA's Rosen, rattle him early and often with multiple disguised blitzes. Sounds good on paper anyway.

    Wentz is gonna see blitzes he's never seen before. Key is stopping the Beagles running game.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    So we need to steal the A&M gameplan against UCLA's Rosen, rattle him early and often with multiple disguised blitzes. Sounds good on paper anyway.

    Wentz is gonna see blitzes he's never seen before. Key is stopping the Beagles running game.

    @hoorta said:

    Wentz is gonna see blitzes he's never seen before. Key is stopping the Beagles running game.

    THAT involves tackling.....let's hope Hue and Horty have that as part of their game plan, cause they left it out of the preseason prep.... 😉

    When the opposing RB has the ball, they should play Pinball Wizard on the PA.....cause thats what it looks like.....with the Browns being the bumpers....

  • I guess I should also jump back in and say Im picking the Browns, just because we are up against a QB who has never played a game, nor has he had any reps with his team, nor has he even played top college talent, let alone Pro talent...

    We better fucking beat him.....

    So....

    Browns 20

    Iggles 16

  • Cleveland 30 Philly 26.

    Philly's Defense ranked 30th in 2015 (32nd vrs the Rush, 28th vrs the Pass). My guess is Philly's defense will find the less frantic game pace to be much more refreshing on their legs. I can't imagine anyone on the defense likes it if/when the offense goes 3 and out running the no huddle. That said, their offense ranked 12th overall in their 7-9 season.

    I'm expecting Philly to protect their young QB with a ball control offense balancing short and screen passes with running game to challenge our front 7. We'll see how our young guys respond and how well our Coordinators play gridiron chess.

    A lot of our rookies were only in 4th or 5th grade the last time this franchise won an opener 12 years ago. Time to change that nonsense...

  • Cleveland 30 Philly 26.

    Philly's Defense ranked 30th in 2015 (32nd vrs the Rush, 28th vrs the Pass). My guess is Philly's defense will find the less frantic game pace to be much more refreshing on their legs. I can't imagine anyone on the defense likes it if/when the offense goes 3 and out running the no huddle. That said, their offense ranked 12th overall in their 7-9 season.

    I'm expecting Philly to protect their young QB with a ball control offense balancing short and screen passes with running game to challenge our front 7. We'll see how our young guys respond and how well our Coordinators play gridiron chess.

    A lot of our rookies were only in 4th or 5th grade the last time this franchise won an opener 12 years ago. Time to change that nonsense...

    @flugel said:

    Cleveland 30 Philly 26.

    Philly's Defense ranked 30th in 2015 (32nd vrs the Rush, 28th vrs the Pass). My guess is Philly's defense will find the less frantic game pace to be much more refreshing on their legs. I can't imagine anyone on the defense likes it if/when the offense goes 3 and out running the no huddle. That said, their offense ranked 12th overall in their 7-9 season.

    I'm expecting Philly to protect their young QB with a ball control offense balancing short and screen passes with running game to challenge our front 7. We'll see how our young guys respond and how well our Coordinators play gridiron chess.

    A lot of our rookies were only in 4th or 5th grade the last time this franchise won an opener 12 years ago. Time to change that nonsense...

    Gridiron chess that's another term for a special teams TD for da Browns!
  • Well I just checkled for I hope the last time this week, this game opened CLE +7' and now is CLE +3' or maybe +3 after all of the QB shuffles. (vegasinsider.com)

    The O/U total points went from 45 to 41 a fairly big move, like a 21-20 game (oh wait that was Thursday's score 😉 )

    Week 1 is also a big guess for the casinos anyway many pick or -2 or -3 games, only SEA -10', AZ -7 and KC -6' have any real points.

    So the BROWNS might have a chance afterall. So there you go. ......

  • The Browns are now one with nature.

    Mother Earth is at their feet.

    and our God is up above them

    and we'll sing our song of victory.

    (well, I can't figure out all of the words yet... but I really love the song.)

    Browns will win. The Eaglets have no idea what is going to hit them. It's Browns destiny.

    MV5BMjA1MDkyMTg1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU5

  • The Browns are now one with nature.

    Mother Earth is at their feet.

    and our God is up above them

    and we'll sing our song of victory.

    (well, I can't figure out all of the words yet... but I really love the song.)

    Browns will win. The Eaglets have no idea what is going to hit them. It's Browns destiny.

    MV5BMjA1MDkyMTg1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU5

    @calfoxwc said:

    The Browns are now one with nature.

    Mother Earth is at their feet.

    and our God is up above them

    and we'll sing our song of victory.

    (well, I can't figure out all of the words yet... but I really love the song.)

    Browns will win. The Eaglets have no idea what is going to hit them. It's Browns destiny.

    MV5BMjA1MDkyMTg1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU5

    God bless ya Cal! It's only 6:13AM here in Nashville and I already hit the deck.

  • Flugel. Question for ya.

    ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

  • tavern going to be open ??

  • I won't try to dress up my prediction in some kind of analysis, I'm just going to toss out out 21-13 for the Browns win.

  • Flugel. Question for ya.

    ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

    @one-post said:

    Flugel. Question for ya.

    ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

    Oh yeah! How about you?

  • @one-post said:

    Flugel. Question for ya.

    ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

    Oh yeah! How about you?

    @flugel said:

    Oh yeah! How about you?

    I was up at 4am on a day off. Back in my drinking days I'd be having a bloody Mary right now. Sober and still happy for kickoff Sunday!
  • unfortunately the weather hasn't broke in the east yet. still gettin hammered with 90+ degree days. always look for the leaves to change and the cooler crisper air to move in from the north. but god damn i am ready for some football. lost my ass yesterday on my friend's take of the georgia game. bye bye money. got better odds today with the browns i think as i'm predicting a 10 point win as well...

    BROWNS 27 EAGLES 17.

  • In between all our sic em, sock em and sack em - how about some long drives and high 5s?

  • I predict.. "PAIN"