Skip to content

Five Teams Out, Five Teams In

The Browns Board
23 7 839
  • Except for like one year a couple of years ago, every year in this century and before it has happened that at least 5 teams that made the playoffs the previous year failed to return, and 5 teams that failed to make it the prior year made it.

    So, Who are the 5 in and 5 out this year. Here is my prediction for the playoffs this year:

    AFCE Patriots

    AFCN Bengals

    AFCS Jaguars

    AFCW Chiefs

    WCs: Jets, Raiders

    NFCE: Giants

    NFCN: Packers

    NFCS: Carolina

    NFCW: Cardinals

    WCs: Seahawks, Falcons (or maybe Buccaneers...still 5 either way)

    Highlighted are new teams in.

    Teams aufed:

    Texans...no confidence in Osweiler

    Steelers....defense still wins ....Steelers don't have a good one

    Vikings...psychological blow with loss of the Twat. No confidence in Bradford

    Redskins...thoughest choice...if I didn't have to remove 5 I would still have put them in.

    Broncos....still good defense, iffy QB situation.....stronger competition to face.

    Say who your 5 in and 5 out would be.

  • Bengals, Broncos, Steelers, Vikings, Redskins OUT

    Browns, Raiders, Jets, Giants, Buccaneers IN

    Z

  • Bengals, Broncos, Steelers, Vikings, Redskins OUT

    Browns, Raiders, Jets, Giants, Buccaneers IN

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Bengals, Broncos, Steelers, Vikings, Redskins OUT

    Browns, Raiders, Jets, Giants, Buccaneers IN

    Z

    We agree on 4 out of 5 basically. I certainly hope you are right about the Browns.....it would be the biggest story of the year in the NFL if they made it.

  • Keep you eyes on the longer horizon Z. 1st year of a 5 year plan with this many rookies has to be added to with two or more classes of rookies before this thing really takes off. The hope lies in how they come along this year and next, not whether they make the playoffs. If it happens, fine. But that would certainly not disappoint me with so many high picks coming along sooner than later if they are just a shade off.

  • Keep you eyes on the longer horizon Z. 1st year of a 5 year plan with this many rookies has to be added to with two or more classes of rookies before this thing really takes off. The hope lies in how they come along this year and next, not whether they make the playoffs. If it happens, fine. But that would certainly not disappoint me with so many high picks coming along sooner than later if they are just a shade off.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Keep you eyes on the longer horizon Z. 1st year of a 5 year plan with this many rookies has to be added to with two or more classes of rookies before this thing really takes off. The hope lies in how they come along this year and next, not whether they make the playoffs. If it happens, fine. But that would certainly not disappoint me with so many high picks coming along sooner than later if they are just a shade off.

    So, who are your 5 in and 5 out?

  • Keep you eyes on the longer horizon Z. 1st year of a 5 year plan with this many rookies has to be added to with two or more classes of rookies before this thing really takes off. The hope lies in how they come along this year and next, not whether they make the playoffs. If it happens, fine. But that would certainly not disappoint me with so many high picks coming along sooner than later if they are just a shade off.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Keep you eyes on the longer horizon Z. 1st year of a 5 year plan with this many rookies has to be added to with two or more classes of rookies before this thing really takes off. The hope lies in how they come along this year and next, not whether they make the playoffs. If it happens, fine. But that would certainly not disappoint me with so many high picks coming along sooner than later if they are just a shade off.

    Don't fucking tell me where to keep my eyes, you Denver homo.

    Z

  • I think this will be one of those years that less than 5 go each way.

  • I think this will be one of those years that less than 5 go each way.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think this will be one of those years that less than 5 go each way.

    Denver will NOT make the playoffs, put your eye on that, Clyde.

    Z

  • I think this will be one of those years that less than 5 go each way.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think this will be one of those years that less than 5 go each way.

    Fine.....just tell us which teams you think will be in and will be out. 3-4-2-10 whatever.

    I said the Broncos....because I had to get to 5 and they have made an important change there.

    Besides....how are you a Bronco fan? Thought you lived in Texas, or did you just go to A&M

  • Denver needs more Semen.

  • Denver needs more Semen.

    @one-post said:

    Denver needs more Semen.

    I hope to make a deposit this evening. Oh...TMI?

  • Ok, 5 in will be the Browns, Jags, Raiders, Giants and da Lions.

    5 out, Stools, Bungholes, Colts, Packers and Denver

  • I lived in Greeley and Cheyenne (50 miles north) for about 8 years and went to some of the Broncos training camps in Greeley when at the U. of Northern Colorado. It was the Elway/Kubiac era. I have two brothers and a sister that live in the area and I visit almost every summer. I think the Broncos still make it because they made it last year with a relative unknown and an old guy losing his touch at QB. They proved again last night that a defense is still an important aspect of the game. Z doesn't like it when I objectively point out things like that or that rookies cause losses until they aren't rookies anymore. Long view on the Browns is what I take and playoffs don't happen for rookie laden teams. They will get better and be in contention by 2018. Just MO. Defense laden teams though do get in. I hope we concentrate on that in Cleveland before we go QB hunting once again. I also expect a new team in will be one that will try to control the ball with a good running game. That would be the Titans. I suspect too that Winston may carry the Bucs in. Houston likely out with QB issues and a coach that has not impressed me yet. Dallas is an unknown until we see if Dak is for real once the regular season starts. So they are a maybe in. That would put Wash. out IMO. Giants I just don't know. Flip a coin.

    PS-And despite the missed field goal, Carolina takes it all this year. They are a damn good team.

  • I lived in Greeley and Cheyenne (50 miles north) for about 8 years and went to some of the Broncos training camps in Greeley when at the U. of Northern Colorado. It was the Elway/Kubiac era. I have two brothers and a sister that live in the area and I visit almost every summer. I think the Broncos still make it because they made it last year with a relative unknown and an old guy losing his touch at QB. They proved again last night that a defense is still an important aspect of the game. Z doesn't like it when I objectively point out things like that or that rookies cause losses until they aren't rookies anymore. Long view on the Browns is what I take and playoffs don't happen for rookie laden teams. They will get better and be in contention by 2018. Just MO. Defense laden teams though do get in. I hope we concentrate on that in Cleveland before we go QB hunting once again. I also expect a new team in will be one that will try to control the ball with a good running game. That would be the Titans. I suspect too that Winston may carry the Bucs in. Houston likely out with QB issues and a coach that has not impressed me yet. Dallas is an unknown until we see if Dak is for real once the regular season starts. So they are a maybe in. That would put Wash. out IMO. Giants I just don't know. Flip a coin.

    PS-And despite the missed field goal, Carolina takes it all this year. They are a damn good team.

    @texasag1969 said:

    . Z doesn't like it when I objectively point out things like that or that rookies cause losses until they aren't rookies anymore.

    Z doesn't like it when you tell Z how to feel about his team. (Not yours).

    I don't tell you how to feel about the Broncos.

    I have been just about the ONLY one preaching all offseason that is all for the long haul, and they are finally doing things RIGHT. I'm not saying "Show me". I'm saying "These guys get it." HIred the best coach on the market. Not overpaying for average ballplayers. Cutting out the dead wood and bringing in productive rookies as fast as they can. Getting a possible franchise QB on the open market. Instead of just cutting over-inflated players, trading them to accumulate more draft stock: Mingo for a fifth, punter for a fourth, Gilbert to a rival ... this year is already a success regardless of wins and losses!

    And now we get watch the young guys play. God Bless them. As long as Hue gets the most out of them every week, I'm happy.

    Zombo

  • I'll give it a shot:

    In- Raiders, Buccaneers, Lions, Rams, Cowboys

    Out- Broncos, Chiefs, Colts, Vikings, Redskins

  • those 5 team out stats don't stand up to muster.

    afc west will be strong this year. afc east will crush each other as usual and we'll have the same finish in our division as we've had in the last bazillion years with everyone but the browns in playoff contention.

    afc: pats, kc, oakland, texans and pitt

    nfc will win the superbowl this year with not much change with the contenders.

    nfc: az, carolina, seattle, green bay and the lions.

    lions beat the chiefs 43-17 in the superbowl.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    . Z doesn't like it when I objectively point out things like that or that rookies cause losses until they aren't rookies anymore.

    Z doesn't like it when you tell Z how to feel about his team. (Not yours).

    I don't tell you how to feel about the Broncos.

    I have been just about the ONLY one preaching all offseason that is all for the long haul, and they are finally doing things RIGHT. I'm not saying "Show me". I'm saying "These guys get it." HIred the best coach on the market. Not overpaying for average ballplayers. Cutting out the dead wood and bringing in productive rookies as fast as they can. Getting a possible franchise QB on the open market. Instead of just cutting over-inflated players, trading them to accumulate more draft stock: Mingo for a fifth, punter for a fourth, Gilbert to a rival ... this year is already a success regardless of wins and losses!

    And now we get watch the young guys play. God Bless them. As long as Hue gets the most out of them every week, I'm happy.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Z doesn't like it when you tell Z how to feel about his team. (Not yours).

    I don't tell you how to feel about the Broncos.

    I have been just about the ONLY one preaching all offseason that is all for the long haul, and they are finally doing things RIGHT. I'm not saying "Show me". I'm saying "These guys get it." HIred the best coach on the market. Not overpaying for average ballplayers. Cutting out the dead wood and bringing in productive rookies as fast as they can. Getting a possible franchise QB on the open market. Instead of just cutting over-inflated players, trading them to accumulate more draft stock: Mingo for a fifth, punter for a fourth, Gilbert to a rival ... this year is already a success regardless of wins and losses!

    And now we get watch the young guys play. God Bless them. As long as Hue gets the most out of them every week, I'm happy.

    Zombo

    And that preaching about the long haul is what induced my comment about keeping your eyes focused on the horizon. We don't really disagree on the long haul or the fact we are attempting to do it right. But saying this team will make the playoffs generates false hope on something that is very unlikely to happen now (but damn sure likely in the not too distant future). I don't want people disappointed with lumps we are likely to take with such a young team. I want them to see that there may be lumps, but by mid-season we can expect to see a real team beginning to form and lay a foundation for the future.

  • Zombo said:

    Z doesn't like it when you tell Z how to feel about his team. (Not yours).

    I don't tell you how to feel about the Broncos.

    I have been just about the ONLY one preaching all offseason that is all for the long haul, and they are finally doing things RIGHT. I'm not saying "Show me". I'm saying "These guys get it." HIred the best coach on the market. Not overpaying for average ballplayers. Cutting out the dead wood and bringing in productive rookies as fast as they can. Getting a possible franchise QB on the open market. Instead of just cutting over-inflated players, trading them to accumulate more draft stock: Mingo for a fifth, punter for a fourth, Gilbert to a rival ... this year is already a success regardless of wins and losses!

    And now we get watch the young guys play. God Bless them. As long as Hue gets the most out of them every week, I'm happy.

    Zombo

    And that preaching about the long haul is what induced my comment about keeping your eyes focused on the horizon. We don't really disagree on the long haul or the fact we are attempting to do it right. But saying this team will make the playoffs generates false hope on something that is very unlikely to happen now (but damn sure likely in the not too distant future). I don't want people disappointed with lumps we are likely to take with such a young team. I want them to see that there may be lumps, but by mid-season we can expect to see a real team beginning to form and lay a foundation for the future.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And that preaching about the long haul is what induced my comment about keeping your eyes focused on the horizon. We don't really disagree on the long haul or the fact we are attempting to do it right. But saying this team will make the playoffs generates false hope on something that is very unlikely to happen now (but damn sure likely in the not too distant future). I don't want people disappointed with lumps we are likely to take with such a young team. I want them to see that there may be lumps, but by mid-season we can expect to see a real team beginning to form and lay a foundation for the future.

    Eat a bag of dicks.

    No Bronco fan is going tell me what I feel about me team or what I am going to post about them.

    Z

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And that preaching about the long haul is what induced my comment about keeping your eyes focused on the horizon. We don't really disagree on the long haul or the fact we are attempting to do it right. But saying this team will make the playoffs generates false hope on something that is very unlikely to happen now (but damn sure likely in the not too distant future). I don't want people disappointed with lumps we are likely to take with such a young team. I want them to see that there may be lumps, but by mid-season we can expect to see a real team beginning to form and lay a foundation for the future.

    Eat a bag of dicks.

    No Bronco fan is going tell me what I feel about me team or what I am going to post about them.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Eat a bag of dicks.

    No Bronco fan is going tell me what I feel about me team or what I am going to post about them.

    Z

    I love you too Z. 😛

    Some day when I am rooting for the Browns to beat my Broncos in the playoffs, you will see me differently. 😁

    Broncos have had their turns plenty of times. I want to see it for the Browns before we all kick the bucket.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    . Z doesn't like it when I objectively point out things like that or that rookies cause losses until they aren't rookies anymore.

    Z doesn't like it when you tell Z how to feel about his team. (Not yours).

    I don't tell you how to feel about the Broncos.

    I have been just about the ONLY one preaching all offseason that is all for the long haul, and they are finally doing things RIGHT. I'm not saying "Show me". I'm saying "These guys get it." HIred the best coach on the market. Not overpaying for average ballplayers. Cutting out the dead wood and bringing in productive rookies as fast as they can. Getting a possible franchise QB on the open market. Instead of just cutting over-inflated players, trading them to accumulate more draft stock: Mingo for a fifth, punter for a fourth, Gilbert to a rival ... this year is already a success regardless of wins and losses!

    And now we get watch the young guys play. God Bless them. As long as Hue gets the most out of them every week, I'm happy.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Z doesn't like it when you tell Z how to feel about his team. (Not yours).

    I don't tell you how to feel about the Broncos.

    I have been just about the ONLY one preaching all offseason that is all for the long haul, and they are finally doing things RIGHT. I'm not saying "Show me". I'm saying "These guys get it." HIred the best coach on the market. Not overpaying for average ballplayers. Cutting out the dead wood and bringing in productive rookies as fast as they can. Getting a possible franchise QB on the open market. Instead of just cutting over-inflated players, trading them to accumulate more draft stock: Mingo for a fifth, punter for a fourth, Gilbert to a rival ... this year is already a success regardless of wins and losses!

    And now we get watch the young guys play. God Bless them. As long as Hue gets the most out of them every week, I'm happy.

    Zombo

    Agree on most, except I don't know about that franchise QB statement. That is not looking accurate at this point.