Skip to content

Boy were they foolish...

The Browns Board
80 22 3.5k
  • The first game Jamarcus Russell started in 2008 he went 17 of 26 (65%) with 2 TD's and no INT's. His rating that game was 111. Jamarcus Russell was a big, strong QB as well.

    Carson Wentz rating was 101 exactly against most likely the worst defense in the NFL. You guys are honestly ridiculous sometimes-let's see how the guy plays more than once against better defenses before saying "we missed that boat". In other words, calm the fuck down and let's see what we got.

    @jrb12711 said:

    The first game Jamarcus Russell started in 2008 he went 17 of 26 (65%) with 2 TD's and no INT's. His rating that game was 111. Jamarcus Russell was a big, strong QB as well.

    Carson Wentz rating was 101 exactly against most likely the worst defense in the NFL. You guys are honestly ridiculous sometimes-let's see how the guy plays more than once against better defenses before saying "we missed that boat". In other words, calm the fuck down and let's see what we got.

    What does a start by Russell in his 2nd year in the league have anything to do with what Wentz did? Absolutely fucking nothing. BTW Russell lost that game as well 41-14 Wentz didn't lose his. Hey if aren't or never were a Wentz fan that's fine but don't post moronic shit that has nothing to do with each other. It make you look stupid and your credibility worthless.
  • @jrb12711 said:

    The first game Jamarcus Russell started in 2008 he went 17 of 26 (65%) with 2 TD's and no INT's. His rating that game was 111. Jamarcus Russell was a big, strong QB as well.

    Carson Wentz rating was 101 exactly against most likely the worst defense in the NFL. You guys are honestly ridiculous sometimes-let's see how the guy plays more than once against better defenses before saying "we missed that boat". In other words, calm the fuck down and let's see what we got.

    What does a start by Russell in his 2nd year in the league have anything to do with what Wentz did? Absolutely fucking nothing. BTW Russell lost that game as well 41-14 Wentz didn't lose his. Hey if aren't or never were a Wentz fan that's fine but don't post moronic shit that has nothing to do with each other. It make you look stupid and your credibility worthless.

    @richiswhere said:

    What does a start by Russell in his 2nd year in the league have anything to do with what Wentz did? Absolutely fucking nothing. BTW Russell lost that game as well 41-14 Wentz didn't lose his. Hey if aren't or never were a Wentz fan that's fine but don't post moronic shit that has nothing to do with each other. It make you look stupid and your credibility worthless.

    Yep, got me! Making reasonable comparisons validated by others sure means nothing. Of course i also forgot a QB is the only reason teams win games and not their competition or team around them.

    But yes, using stats and data to create a point is stupid. Its definitely not a post like yours that has no critical thinking skills. Nope, that type of post wouldnt be the one to make you look like a moron and your credibility worthless.

    I would explain sarcasm but I am certain it would fall on deaf ears.

  • @richiswhere said:

    What does a start by Russell in his 2nd year in the league have anything to do with what Wentz did? Absolutely fucking nothing. BTW Russell lost that game as well 41-14 Wentz didn't lose his. Hey if aren't or never were a Wentz fan that's fine but don't post moronic shit that has nothing to do with each other. It make you look stupid and your credibility worthless.

    Yep, got me! Making reasonable comparisons validated by others sure means nothing. Of course i also forgot a QB is the only reason teams win games and not their competition or team around them.

    But yes, using stats and data to create a point is stupid. Its definitely not a post like yours that has no critical thinking skills. Nope, that type of post wouldnt be the one to make you look like a moron and your credibility worthless.

    I would explain sarcasm but I am certain it would fall on deaf ears.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Yep, got me! Making reasonable comparisons validated by others sure means nothing. Of course i also forgot a QB is the only reason teams win games and not their competition or team around them.

    But yes, using stats and data to create a point is stupid. Its definitely not a post like yours that has no critical thinking skills. Nope, that type of post wouldnt be the one to make you look like a moron and your credibility worthless.

    I would explain sarcasm but I am certain it would fall on deaf ears.

    Come on man you suckered people into thinking that Russell's number were from his first year and the first game on the season but that's just not true. Your stats and data are completely irrelevant. Comparing a rookie who was hurt most of the preseason and wasn't even the starter a week ago to a guy in his 2nd year in the league. Yeah moron & worthless credibility might be a good start to describe you.
  • @domcucch1994 said:

    They let Mack walk which was stupid..

    Mack voided his contract and sought another deal. He didn't want to play in Cleveland and no logical amount of money would have kept him here. That's completely different from letting him walk.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Mack voided his contract and sought another deal. He didn't want to play in Cleveland and no logical amount of money would have kept him here. That's completely different from letting him walk.

    Don't let facts get in the way of a good bitch session.

  • You want to change your culture? 2. Continuity in FO & on field with same players. 3.Draft Play makers that change the culture on the field that make plays. Most real Play makers our not found on the Street? Cuz their whipping your ass on another team on Sundays #1. QB is always #1...Again imo Goff or Wentz was Hue's pick till 5 FA's went packing & than Sashi went to Trade Mart..

  • Look I am by no means saying that Wentz will be enshrined in Canton after one game against the Browns.

    All I am pointing out is the irony behind this. WE passed him up and HE tears it up out there on the field against us!

    It's just such a Browns thing to happen to us.

    That being said, I believe if they don't take a QB next year, someone who has the size, accuracy, makes good decisions, and can go through his progressions, they will only further slip into mediocrity.

    They need to take a QB and G in the first round, a T in the second, then defensive help the rest of the draft.

    And it wouldn't hurt to sign a quality FA every now and then...

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Mack voided his contract and sought another deal. He didn't want to play in Cleveland and no logical amount of money would have kept him here. That's completely different from letting him walk.

    Don't let facts get in the way of a good bitch session.

    @mark-o said:

    Don't let facts get in the way of a good bitch session.

    We should push to make this the official motto of the board.

  • A chance to draft a big, strong QB and we traded that opportunity away, only to get beat by said QB in hist first NFL start..

    You seriously can't make this up folks. Browns are still snakebitten but maybe, just maybe, the venom can be sucked out.

    I was never big on McCown after he tried to do his John Elway impersonation and helicopter dive into the endzone on the first drive of last season's opener. But I do think he can be effective if given time and that is a very big IF.

    I know it is only Wentz's first game, but he looked great back there and made good throws and took hits. Something that I doubt McCown and Kessler can do week in and week out with that line protecting them.

    But it's a long season.. Anything can happen... Only time will decide whether or not our lawyer and baseball guru FO guys made the right call on passing up on a potentially great signal caller... But I have a bad feeling that history will repeat itself.

    Anyways, rant over, go Browns, lets at least be competitive!

    @domcucch1994 said:

    A chance to draft a big, strong QB and we traded that opportunity away, only to get beat by said QB in hist first NFL start..

    You seriously can't make this up folks. Browns are still snakebitten but maybe, just maybe, the venom can be sucked out.

    I was never big on McCown after he tried to do his John Elway impersonation and helicopter dive into the endzone on the first drive of last season's opener. But I do think he can be effective if given time and that is a very big IF.

    I know it is only Wentz's first game, but he looked great back there and made good throws and took hits. Something that I doubt McCown and Kessler can do week in and week out with that line protecting them.

    But it's a long season.. Anything can happen... Only time will decide whether or not our lawyer and baseball guru FO guys made the right call on passing up on a potentially great signal caller... But I have a bad feeling that history will repeat itself.

    Anyways, rant over, go Browns, lets at least be competitive!

    I was right then, and I am right now!

    But Sashi and his cronies screwed the pooch and now look where we are..

    0-7, our QBs have a total of 4 tds

    Meanwhile, the 6-1 Eagles have a great QB who has thrown 17TDs and only 4INTs.. His interception total matches our total of 4TDs.. And we've played 3 Shmucking QBs this season!

    AAAHH When is this Sheet going to end? Who do we pass on next year that is going to end up kicking our asses for the next 10 seasons?

  • @domcucch1994 said:

    A chance to draft a big, strong QB and we traded that opportunity away, only to get beat by said QB in hist first NFL start..

    You seriously can't make this up folks. Browns are still snakebitten but maybe, just maybe, the venom can be sucked out.

    I was never big on McCown after he tried to do his John Elway impersonation and helicopter dive into the endzone on the first drive of last season's opener. But I do think he can be effective if given time and that is a very big IF.

    I know it is only Wentz's first game, but he looked great back there and made good throws and took hits. Something that I doubt McCown and Kessler can do week in and week out with that line protecting them.

    But it's a long season.. Anything can happen... Only time will decide whether or not our lawyer and baseball guru FO guys made the right call on passing up on a potentially great signal caller... But I have a bad feeling that history will repeat itself.

    Anyways, rant over, go Browns, lets at least be competitive!

    I was right then, and I am right now!

    But Sashi and his cronies screwed the pooch and now look where we are..

    0-7, our QBs have a total of 4 tds

    Meanwhile, the 6-1 Eagles have a great QB who has thrown 17TDs and only 4INTs.. His interception total matches our total of 4TDs.. And we've played 3 Shmucking QBs this season!

    AAAHH When is this Sheet going to end? Who do we pass on next year that is going to end up kicking our asses for the next 10 seasons?

    @domcucch1994 said:

    I was right then, and I am right now!

    Again, why don't you go masturbate to the thought of Carson Wentz.

    But Sashi and his cronies screwed the pooch and now look where we are..

    Maybe we have you to blame for that.

    0-7, our QBs have a total of 4 tds

    Meanwhile, the 6-1 Eagles have a great QB who has thrown 17TDs and only 4INTs.. His interception total matches our total of 4TDs.. And we've played 3 Shmucking QBs this season!

    Then why don't you just go join an Eagles Board and quit bothering the rest of us with this Sheet. Fuhuck off.

    AAAHH When is this Sheet going to end? Who do we pass on next year that is going to end up kicking our asses for the next 10 seasons?

    Why do you care....go be an Eagles fan

  • @domcucch1994 said:

    I was right then, and I am right now!

    Again, why don't you go masturbate to the thought of Carson Wentz.

    But Sashi and his cronies screwed the pooch and now look where we are..

    Maybe we have you to blame for that.

    0-7, our QBs have a total of 4 tds

    Meanwhile, the 6-1 Eagles have a great QB who has thrown 17TDs and only 4INTs.. His interception total matches our total of 4TDs.. And we've played 3 Shmucking QBs this season!

    Then why don't you just go join an Eagles Board and quit bothering the rest of us with this Sheet. Fuhuck off.

    AAAHH When is this Sheet going to end? Who do we pass on next year that is going to end up kicking our asses for the next 10 seasons?

    Why do you care....go be an Eagles fan

    @the-gipper said:

    Wow Gip did I strike a nerve or something?
    Why don't you go masturbate to the fantasy that the Browns might actually put together a winning team and not pass on good QBs?

  • It puzzles me that decent posters fight with other decent posters on here when there are some easy dbag targets just asking for it on here.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Wow Gip did I strike a nerve or something?
    Why don't you go masturbate to the fantasy that the Browns might actually put together a winning team and not pass on good QBs?

    @domcucch1994 said:

    Wow Gip did I strike a nerve or something?
    Why don't you go masturbate to the fantasy that the Browns might actually put together a winning team and not pass on good QBs?

    What you struck was the "I am an ignoramous" gong.   We have already passed on this motherShmucker and many others.  There aint a fuhucking thing we can do about it....yet you want to sit here and cry about.  Sit there and whine and bitch and moan and grown about who we don't have does not do us any good. 

    And yes....it IS a fantasy of mine that the Browns might put together a winning team and not pass on a good QB.  Now....tell me how the fuhuck that pining away for Wentz/Watson/Carr/BR/Rodgers/Prescott/Brady/Montana/Unitas/Sammy Baugh etc. etc. etc. is going to help bring that fantasy about? 

    Water over the bridge.   Try turning on a tap that we can drink from....not one that is past poison.

  • @domcucch1994 said:

    Wow Gip did I strike a nerve or something?
    Why don't you go masturbate to the fantasy that the Browns might actually put together a winning team and not pass on good QBs?

    What you struck was the "I am an ignoramous" gong.   We have already passed on this motherShmucker and many others.  There aint a fuhucking thing we can do about it....yet you want to sit here and cry about.  Sit there and whine and bitch and moan and grown about who we don't have does not do us any good. 

    And yes....it IS a fantasy of mine that the Browns might put together a winning team and not pass on a good QB.  Now....tell me how the fuhuck that pining away for Wentz/Watson/Carr/BR/Rodgers/Prescott/Brady/Montana/Unitas/Sammy Baugh etc. etc. etc. is going to help bring that fantasy about? 

    Water over the bridge.   Try turning on a tap that we can drink from....not one that is past poison.

    @the-gipper said:

    What you struck was the "I am an ignoramous" gong.   We have already passed on this motherShmucker and many others.  There aint a fuhucking thing we can do about it....yet you want to sit here and cry about.  Sit there and whine and bitch and moan and grown about who we don't have does not do us any good. 

    And yes....it IS a fantasy of mine that the Browns might put together a winning team and not pass on a good QB.  Now....tell me how the fuhuck that pining away for Wentz/Watson/Carr/BR/Rodgers/Prescott/Brady/Montana/Unitas/Sammy Baugh etc. etc. etc. is going to help bring that fantasy about? 

    Water over the bridge.   Try turning on a tap that we can drink from....not one that is past poison.

    I guess that tap is DeShone Kizer because he looks real great right? 

    We aren't going to win Sheet with a baseball exec and a lawyer in charge of football personnel.. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    What you struck was the "I am an ignoramous" gong.   We have already passed on this motherShmucker and many others.  There aint a fuhucking thing we can do about it....yet you want to sit here and cry about.  Sit there and whine and bitch and moan and grown about who we don't have does not do us any good. 

    And yes....it IS a fantasy of mine that the Browns might put together a winning team and not pass on a good QB.  Now....tell me how the fuhuck that pining away for Wentz/Watson/Carr/BR/Rodgers/Prescott/Brady/Montana/Unitas/Sammy Baugh etc. etc. etc. is going to help bring that fantasy about? 

    Water over the bridge.   Try turning on a tap that we can drink from....not one that is past poison.

    I guess that tap is DeShone Kizer because he looks real great right? 

    We aren't going to win Sheet with a baseball exec and a lawyer in charge of football personnel.. 

    @domcucch1994 said:

    I guess that tap is DeShone Kizer because he looks real great right? 

    We aren't going to win Sheet with a baseball exec and a lawyer in charge of football personnel.. 

    Kizer is still a rookie having serious growing pains.....and I don't think really that his HC/OC is doing him any good much as he seems to be a major inflictor of that pain with his decision making and play calling. 

    And we really don't know about your last sentence.   To me, the analytics that Podesta brings is really just that...analytics, a thing ALL teams use...be it football, baseball, basketball, hockey.  So I don't think Podesta is any more of a baseball guy than he is a football guy. Its just that he originally applied his techniques to baseball. I mean, if anything, he is a Math guy.  

    And fyi, any number of lawyers have done well in sports.  Tony LaRussa was a HOF manager and a lawyer.

    And FYI further....Sachi isn't the only lawyer/GM in the NFL......All of the following are/were also Lawyer/GMs (this list may be a few years old...so it may not be current:

    Nick Caserio...Pats

    John Idzik...Jets

    Mickey Loomis...Saints

    Martin Mayhew...Lions

    Bruce Allen....Redskins

    Howard Roseman...Eagles

  • A chance to draft a big, strong QB and we traded that opportunity away, only to get beat by said QB in hist first NFL start..

    You seriously can't make this up folks. Browns are still snakebitten but maybe, just maybe, the venom can be sucked out.

    I was never big on McCown after he tried to do his John Elway impersonation and helicopter dive into the endzone on the first drive of last season's opener. But I do think he can be effective if given time and that is a very big IF.

    I know it is only Wentz's first game, but he looked great back there and made good throws and took hits. Something that I doubt McCown and Kessler can do week in and week out with that line protecting them.

    But it's a long season.. Anything can happen... Only time will decide whether or not our lawyer and baseball guru FO guys made the right call on passing up on a potentially great signal caller... But I have a bad feeling that history will repeat itself.

    Anyways, rant over, go Browns, lets at least be competitive!

    @domcucch1994 said:

    A chance to draft a big, strong QB and we traded that opportunity away, only to get beat by said QB in hist first NFL start..

    You seriously can't make this up folks. Browns are still snakebitten but maybe, just maybe, the venom can be sucked out.

    I was never big on McCown after he tried to do his John Elway impersonation and helicopter dive into the endzone on the first drive of last season's opener. But I do think he can be effective if given time and that is a very big IF.

    I know it is only Wentz's first game, but he looked great back there and made good throws and took hits. Something that I doubt McCown and Kessler can do week in and week out with that line protecting them.

    But it's a long season.. Anything can happen... Only time will decide whether or not our lawyer and baseball guru FO guys made the right call on passing up on a potentially great signal caller... But I have a bad feeling that history will repeat itself.

    Anyways, rant over, go Browns, lets at least be competitive!

    I could not agree more. People here who think that you cannot compare a DT with a QB, are Haslam/Browns apologists. Of course you can compare the two. You compare the two in answering the question...."Who got more value for their #1 draft pick". Wentz has immediately changed the fortunes of his team. Myles Garrett has made absolutely no impact. He is not making highlight films, he is not disrupting anything. He is providing decent performance, although Ogbah is much more aggressive and disruptive to offenses.

    Haslam has to be puking in his own bush watching all the great players he passed on while his team is 0 - 7.

  • Look I am by no means saying that Wentz will be enshrined in Canton after one game against the Browns.

    All I am pointing out is the irony behind this. WE passed him up and HE tears it up out there on the field against us!

    It's just such a Browns thing to happen to us.

    That being said, I believe if they don't take a QB next year, someone who has the size, accuracy, makes good decisions, and can go through his progressions, they will only further slip into mediocrity.

    They need to take a QB and G in the first round, a T in the second, then defensive help the rest of the draft.

    And it wouldn't hurt to sign a quality FA every now and then...

    @domcucch1994 said:

    Look I am by no means saying that Wentz will be enshrined in Canton after one game against the Browns.

    All I am pointing out is the irony behind this. WE passed him up and HE tears it up out there on the field against us!

    It's just such a Browns thing to happen to us.

    That being said, I believe if they don't take a QB next year, someone who has the size, accuracy, makes good decisions, and can go through his progressions, they will only further slip into mediocrity.

    They need to take a QB and G in the first round, a T in the second, then defensive help the rest of the draft.

    And it wouldn't hurt to sign a quality FA every now and then...

    We took Garrett....like I said, total F up of a #1 pick. Trubisky baby!

  • @domcucch1994 said:

    A chance to draft a big, strong QB and we traded that opportunity away, only to get beat by said QB in hist first NFL start..

    You seriously can't make this up folks. Browns are still snakebitten but maybe, just maybe, the venom can be sucked out.

    I was never big on McCown after he tried to do his John Elway impersonation and helicopter dive into the endzone on the first drive of last season's opener. But I do think he can be effective if given time and that is a very big IF.

    I know it is only Wentz's first game, but he looked great back there and made good throws and took hits. Something that I doubt McCown and Kessler can do week in and week out with that line protecting them.

    But it's a long season.. Anything can happen... Only time will decide whether or not our lawyer and baseball guru FO guys made the right call on passing up on a potentially great signal caller... But I have a bad feeling that history will repeat itself.

    Anyways, rant over, go Browns, lets at least be competitive!

    I could not agree more. People here who think that you cannot compare a DT with a QB, are Haslam/Browns apologists. Of course you can compare the two. You compare the two in answering the question...."Who got more value for their #1 draft pick". Wentz has immediately changed the fortunes of his team. Myles Garrett has made absolutely no impact. He is not making highlight films, he is not disrupting anything. He is providing decent performance, although Ogbah is much more aggressive and disruptive to offenses.

    Haslam has to be puking in his own bush watching all the great players he passed on while his team is 0 - 7.

    @ghoolie said:

    . He is providing decent performance, although Ogbah is much more aggressive and disruptive to offenses.

    Ok ghoolie pack it up. Its now even more painfully obvious ur actually clinically blind and can only hear games on sunday. But id still tbink ur brail statsheet would tell u garrett had more sacks in 2-3 games than ogbah had in 7 while playing on a bad ankle.

    Ogbah is also our worst run defender but in ur defense u cant actually see the runs pop over his side and cant see him getting seal blocked inside inside on the replays of every long run that has broken this year. 

    He's a "terrible" edge defender. Now take the troll hook out and throw me back in u sonovabitch

  • @domcucch1994 said:

    Look I am by no means saying that Wentz will be enshrined in Canton after one game against the Browns.

    All I am pointing out is the irony behind this. WE passed him up and HE tears it up out there on the field against us!

    It's just such a Browns thing to happen to us.

    That being said, I believe if they don't take a QB next year, someone who has the size, accuracy, makes good decisions, and can go through his progressions, they will only further slip into mediocrity.

    They need to take a QB and G in the first round, a T in the second, then defensive help the rest of the draft.

    And it wouldn't hurt to sign a quality FA every now and then...

    We took Garrett....like I said, total F up of a #1 pick. Trubisky baby!

    @ghoolie said:

    We took Garrett....like I said, total F up of a #1 pick. Trubisky baby!

    Mr 4 completions?

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Passing on DeShaun Watson was a good choice

    Was this meant to be sarcastic? PFF even says that he is a mid tier QB according to their rankings and that his first game dragged down his scores. That is a rookie QB who is in the middle of the pack of QBs. I crapped on Watson coming out but passing on him was definitely a miss as it currently stands.