Skip to content

What we are up against Sunday

The Browns Board
41 18 1.5k
  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I thought Jets looked pretty damn good. At least they can throw the ball. Oh, and they had a touchdown run from around the 17 yard line. I know that would blow our minds as Browns fan, but I swear to God...they handed the ball off, they blocked well, and the RB scored a touchdown. It looked really fun. I too would like to score a running touchdown in the red zone (and not just a 2 yard scamper when we get an interference call).

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Two takeaways here:

    1. I was shocked at how vulnerable the vaunted Jets D was to the pass... to BUF's passing game...
    2. This Bills' season looks like the end of Rex.
  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Not sure if Rex has the balls to go back to being a DC or if he's just too damn stubborn/proud.

  • Two takeaways here:

    1. I was shocked at how vulnerable the vaunted Jets D was to the pass... to BUF's passing game...
    2. This Bills' season looks like the end of Rex.
    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tour2ma said:

    Two takeaways here:

    1. I was shocked at how vulnerable the vaunted Jets D was to the pass... to BUF's passing game...
    2. This Bills' season looks like the end of Rex.

    Would you, or anyone else for that matter, be interested in Rex as a DC if he was willing to do it and Horton gets the chop?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Two takeaways here:

    1. I was shocked at how vulnerable the vaunted Jets D was to the pass... to BUF's passing game...
    2. This Bills' season looks like the end of Rex.

    Would you, or anyone else for that matter, be interested in Rex as a DC if he was willing to do it and Horton gets the chop?

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Would you, or anyone else for that matter, be interested in Rex as a DC if he was willing to do it and Horton gets the chop?

    No.

    You'll be watching Rex and brother Rob on some pregame show before the end of the season.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I'm not a gambling man but if I were...Rex Ryan to FBS in 2017.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Two takeaways here:

    1. I was shocked at how vulnerable the vaunted Jets D was to the pass... to BUF's passing game...
    2. This Bills' season looks like the end of Rex.

    Would you, or anyone else for that matter, be interested in Rex as a DC if he was willing to do it and Horton gets the chop?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I think FBS would be an interesting option. I would imagine the guy could recruit...

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Would you, or anyone else for that matter, be interested in Rex as a DC if he was willing to do it and Horton gets the chop?

    #NeverRex... Watched his Dad destroy a promising Oiler team from his DC slot.

  • We are up against ourselves and a severe lack of talent. Watching our players drop some big throws, especially early, was enough to make me vomit. The Coleman slant really hurt. I don't remember, but it looked like he could've caught it and run. He scored a bunch of TD's in college that way. And Gary...CATCH THE DAMN BALL.

    I don't think we'll lose by 19 again, but I do think we'll lose by around 10. The differences in the game are:

    We'll struggle (again) in red zone, and Ravens won't. We'll get FG's, they'll get TD's.

    We won't get pressure on Flacco, and they'll get plenty on us. Josh holds the ball a bit too long, and we'll notice it this week.

    We won't be able to run the ball, and Ravens will.

    That's what we're up against.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @jiggins7919 said:

    We are up against ourselves and a severe lack of talent. Watching our players drop some big throws, especially early, was enough to make me vomit. The Coleman slant really hurt. I don't remember, but it looked like he could've caught it and run. He scored a bunch of TD's in college that way. And Gary...CATCH THE DAMN BALL.

    I don't think we'll lose by 19 again, but I do think we'll lose by around 10. The differences in the game are:

    We'll struggle (again) in red zone, and Ravens won't. We'll get FG's, they'll get TD's.

    We won't get pressure on Flacco, and they'll get plenty on us. Josh holds the ball a bit too long, and we'll notice it this week.

    We won't be able to run the ball, and Ravens will.

    That's what we're up against.

    we can't sack our way out of a fucking wet paper bag, so flake-0 will tear us a new asshole. Until we can sack the qb or come close we are fucked..

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Drago McCown beats the shitbirds

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    We are up against ourselves and a severe lack of talent. Watching our players drop some big throws, especially early, was enough to make me vomit. The Coleman slant really hurt. I don't remember, but it looked like he could've caught it and run. He scored a bunch of TD's in college that way. And Gary...CATCH THE DAMN BALL.

    I don't think we'll lose by 19 again, but I do think we'll lose by around 10. The differences in the game are:

    We'll struggle (again) in red zone, and Ravens won't. We'll get FG's, they'll get TD's.

    We won't get pressure on Flacco, and they'll get plenty on us. Josh holds the ball a bit too long, and we'll notice it this week.

    We won't be able to run the ball, and Ravens will.

    That's what we're up against.

    we can't sack our way out of a fucking wet paper bag, so flake-0 will tear us a new asshole. Until we can sack the qb or come close we are fucked..

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @browns52 said:

    we can't sack our way out of a fucking wet paper bag, so flake-0 will tear us a new asshole. Until we can sack the qb or come close we are fucked..

    Crow - Recipes - Cooks.com
    www.cooks.com › Recipes
    Results 1 - 10 of 12 - Sportmen learn that the crow as well as being an ... and occasionally add a bit of water. Cook until tender. Season with H.P. Sauce or ...
  • I'm not a gambling man but if I were...Rex Ryan to FBS in 2017.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @gftchris said:

    I'm not a gambling man but if I were...Rex Ryan to FBS in 2017.

    Beginning of the end...

    Rex Ryan: 'My move' to fire Bills OC Greg Roman

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2016/09/16/greg-roman-offensive-coordinator-fired-buffalo-rex-ryan/90501996/

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #22

    We are up against ourselves this and every game. If we do not beat ourselves, no other team can hang. We get penalties, drop balls and don't finish off the ball carrier very well. Look for that to change this week. We can be a great team if we;

    1-Wrap the Ball Carrier to the ground.

    2-Eliminate bad penalties against us... off sides, false starts, pass interferences....

    3-Secure the ball, minimize drops and for goodness sakes- don't snap the ball over the QB and into the endzone...

    4-Play with passion and a desire to win, we must protect our house!

  • @gftchris said:

    I'm not a gambling man but if I were...Rex Ryan to FBS in 2017.

    Beginning of the end...

    Rex Ryan: 'My move' to fire Bills OC Greg Roman

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2016/09/16/greg-roman-offensive-coordinator-fired-buffalo-rex-ryan/90501996/

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tour2ma said:

    Rex Ryan already ended the Roman Empire in Buffalo?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I like the comment that we're up against ourselves. 🙂 It's true. We're up against our defense. We have to move the ball down the field as much as they allow...and that's a tall order for our offense.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Damn it, Rex.. Shady was my first RB in fantasy. Good thing I have competent backups..

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I hope Kindred's ankle is okay. He's fun to watch man!

  • @gftchris said:

    I'm not a gambling man but if I were...Rex Ryan to FBS in 2017.

    Beginning of the end...

    Rex Ryan: 'My move' to fire Bills OC Greg Roman

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2016/09/16/greg-roman-offensive-coordinator-fired-buffalo-rex-ryan/90501996/

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @tour2ma said:

    Beginning of the end...

    Rex Ryan: 'My move' to fire Bills OC Greg Roman

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2016/09/16/greg-roman-offensive-coordinator-fired-buffalo-rex-ryan/90501996/

    After throwing up 31 on a decent defense? Why? I hate coach firings.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Beginning of the end...

    Rex Ryan: 'My move' to fire Bills OC Greg Roman

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2016/09/16/greg-roman-offensive-coordinator-fired-buffalo-rex-ryan/90501996/

    After throwing up 31 on a decent defense? Why? I hate coach firings.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @wargograw said:

    After throwing up 31 on a decent defense? Why? I hate coach firings.

    Rex is not waving but...

  • Damn it, Rex.. Shady was my first RB in fantasy. Good thing I have competent backups..

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @unsympathetic said:

    Damn it, Rex.. Shady was my first RB in fantasy. Good thing I have competent backups..

    And he was my replacement this week for Gurley who had a miserable day against SF and now has to face a far better D in Seattle's. Crap!

  • We are up against ourselves this and every game. If we do not beat ourselves, no other team can hang. We get penalties, drop balls and don't finish off the ball carrier very well. Look for that to change this week. We can be a great team if we;

    1-Wrap the Ball Carrier to the ground.

    2-Eliminate bad penalties against us... off sides, false starts, pass interferences....

    3-Secure the ball, minimize drops and for goodness sakes- don't snap the ball over the QB and into the endzone...

    4-Play with passion and a desire to win, we must protect our house!

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @poeticg said:

    We are up against ourselves this and every game. If we do not beat ourselves, no other team can hang. We get penalties, drop balls and don't finish off the ball carrier very well. Look for that to change this week. We can be a great team if we;1-Wrap the Ball Carrier to the ground.2-Eliminate bad penalties against us... off sides, false starts, pass interferences....3-Secure the ball, minimize drops and for goodness sakes- don't snap the ball over the QB and into the endzone...4-Play with passion and a desire to win, we must protect our house!

    Basic coaching 101