Hue Jackon Became Too Focused on RG3
-
There are very few people here who say that they know for absolute certainty it will work. However, lots of folks are already crying about the decisions made as if they know this regime is clueless and their plan won't work.The real problem is that anyone who has an opinion opposing yours is a drama queen, wants attention, etc etc....
And there are a bunch of folks here who dont want you to post your opinion, unless it matches their opinion....
So, post a matching opinion and no one says anything....but post an opposing opinion and get attacked....o
Posting your opinion is not being a drama queen....BUT CONSTANTLY GOING AFTER FOLKS WITH OPPOSING OPINIONS IS...so, I think Horta has every right to voice his opinion without all you guys jumping him for it....
So, instead of calling him names and chopping him at the knees, why dont you look in the mirror and realize that it's not drama till you make it such, by trying to silence opinions you dont like...
Somehow, people here can EASILY see the greatness that is 5 years away.....YET, the same people claim its premature and not possible for us to see anything bad now, because it's too soon....so, how does that work???
My opinion(a word I like ....a LOT)...opinion////
Reading too much of either side is painful. We just happen to have one side of the wagon loaded up with soothsayers who absolutely know this won't work and cry about it all day.
Edit:I don't follow Flugel's take on Hoorta at all. I just think Hoorta is tired of seeing shitty football. I get it. But to say that repeatedly and to infer that the new regime sucks is just beating a dead horse.
There are very few people here who say that they know for absolute certainty it will work. However, lots of folks are already crying about the decisions made as if they know this regime is clueless and their plan won't work.
Edit:I don't follow Flugel's take on Hoorta at all. I just think Hoorta is tired of seeing shitty football. I get it. But to say that repeatedly and to infer that the new regime sucks is just beating a dead horse.
Funny thing is that is not where hoorta started... and it's really not where he is. In defending his skepticism he has been cast in a negative light. And there are others in hoorta's boat as well. Your "tally" of where folks stand says as much.
I'll add that I disagree with your tally in a couple ways.
- First: The scale is not as simple as one end or the other. There's a whole continuum of views from totally negative to totally positive.
- Second: The true count at the two extremes is not lopsided to the negative, but rather it is essentially equal. The bulk of the forum is actually somewhere in the middle, skeptics awaiting data.
Both myself and Horta are on record as saying we will wait and see....we WANT them to do well....we HOPE they are great.....and this all gets ignored and twisted into "we are rooting for the Browns to fail....we're not giving the FO a chance.....we want them fired....etc....
Or to summarize: "If you ain't with us, then you're against us." Some folks simply can't handle more than binary options...
Zombo said:
I know Larry very well, and he is a longtime loyal Browns fan. I'm going to see him next week, we are going to break bread and watch the Miami game together. Tour too. (Poor Tour, he's probably thinking "What have I got myself into!).
lol... I have to admit that I was thinking of packing my old, Indians' batting helmet...
-
but...but...Kessler's first pass was for a touchdown!
-
Zombo said:
if you start responding to all of my posts, regardless of which thread, just to be disagreeable with me ... I take the gloves off.You've stayed clear of me ... I respect your opinion. Larry kept snipping at me ... he gets my opinion explained to him in no uncertain terms.
Zombo
Much better said than I did - but totally agree with 100% of it on my behalf as well. I'm not calling out Mud - Hoorta keeps attaching his name like people are calling out Mud. The 2 guys came from very different positions before Larry has come to pretend there's only a small nucleus of fans thinking they're better off with a wait and see first. Did any of Hoorta's preseason summaries look anything close to he's on a wait and see first mode? They looked pretty conclusive to me and others.
Much better said than I did - but totally agree with 100% of it on my behalf as well. I'm not calling out Mud - Hoorta keeps attaching his name like people are calling out Mud. The 2 guys came from very different positions before Larry has come to pretend there's only a small nucleus of fans thinking they're better off with a wait and see first. Did any of Hoorta's preseason summaries look anything close to he's on a wait and see first mode? They looked pretty conclusive to me and others.
Looked to me like Mud's been calling you out. Since I've done it more than a few times I think I know what it looks like.
-
Much better said than I did - but totally agree with 100% of it on my behalf as well. I'm not calling out Mud - Hoorta keeps attaching his name like people are calling out Mud. The 2 guys came from very different positions before Larry has come to pretend there's only a small nucleus of fans thinking they're better off with a wait and see first. Did any of Hoorta's preseason summaries look anything close to he's on a wait and see first mode? They looked pretty conclusive to me and others.
Looked to me like Mud's been calling you out. Since I've done it more than a few times I think I know what it looks like.
Looked to me like Mud's been calling you out. Since I've done it more than a few times I think I know what it looks like.
So I need to pretend I've treated him horribly all this time in here or that I singled out Mud and repeatedly announced he's is crybaby without a single cut and paste of me doing that? Sorry, I'm not taking the guilt trip. You ought to be used to that one too even though it's been awhile...

I was only talking to Hoorta and directing my comments at him when Mud chimed in. You know that.
-
Boy, this is starting to look like a dirty political campaign that seems to be creating animosity among some well respected posters. There is no need to "call out" a poster because of differing points of view or pit one poster against another. I don't believe that was any of their intention. It's still far too early for any of us to know where the Browns are headed down the road and as Fans we have a variety of opinions but they need not put us in "attack mode". Can we just agree to disagree in a civil manner?
I'm taking the "wait & see" approach and sticking to my philosophy that positives do not result from negatives.
I'll support the Coaches & Players on the Browns, whoever they may be & GO BROWNS!!
Mike
-
-
Mike,
It's been a phase of every season since I've been here. Why should this one be different?
-
Boy, this is starting to look like a dirty political campaign that seems to be creating animosity among some well respected posters. There is no need to "call out" a poster because of differing points of view or pit one poster against another. I don't believe that was any of their intention. It's still far too early for any of us to know where the Browns are headed down the road and as Fans we have a variety of opinions but they need not put us in "attack mode". Can we just agree to disagree in a civil manner?
I'm taking the "wait & see" approach and sticking to my philosophy that positives do not result from negatives.
I'll support the Coaches & Players on the Browns, whoever they may be & GO BROWNS!!
Mike
Boy, this is starting to look like a dirty political campaign that seems to be creating animosity among some well respected posters. There is no need to "call out" a poster because of differing points of view or pit one poster against another. I don't believe that was any of their intention. It's still far too early for any of us to know where the Browns are headed down the road and as Fans we have a variety of opinions but they need not put us in "attack mode". Can we just agree to disagree in a civil manner?
I'm taking the "wait & see" approach and sticking to my philosophy that positives do not result from negatives.
I'll support the Coaches & Players on the Browns, whoever they may be & GO BROWNS!!
Mike
Thanks Mike! I appreciate that!
Yeah, it's a lot of fun responding to an accusation that isn't true especially when I consider Mud as one of the best posters we have. If anyone gives him more great posts and green thatta boys than me - I'd be surprised. I also told him I've always enjoyed the game face promoted in here.
I started a Happy Birthday thread Mud because I can't wait to dis-respect him. I also gave him a great to see you back in the mix when he returned to the board because my priority is disrespecting him of all people.
-
Tour,
I understand what you're saying, but it usually doesn't involve some of our best & most knowledgeable posters against one another. That's what bothered me.
Mike
Thanks Mike!
People can read Hoorta calling people the Sunshine Train and understand Mud never slung the same mud or created the same precedent Hoorta has.
There's more than just me and Zombo seeing the difference between Hoorta and Mud. Those that want to see it really easy.
-
Flugs,
For the record... I do not believe you're as dense as you are pretending to be.
Also not trying to "guilt" you... just reflecting reality which is that hoorta's views are closer to Mud's than you seem to want to admit. When you interjected yourself in h's discussion with Z, you left the door open for Mud to join in as well. By going after h, you went after Mud by proxy. Same as h, Mud is just defending his skepticism.
It happens in forums... lotta cross-currents in them. Intent sometimes doesn't matter.
-
Tour,
I understand what you're saying, but it usually doesn't involve some of our best & most knowledgeable posters against one another. That's what bothered me.
Mike
Thanks Mike!
People can read Hoorta calling people the Sunshine Train and understand Mud never slung the same mud or created the same precedent Hoorta has.
There's more than just me and Zombo seeing the difference between Hoorta and Mud. Those that want to see it really easy.
-
-
Flugs,
For the record... I do not believe you're as dense as you are pretending to be.
Also not trying to "guilt" you... just reflecting reality which is that hoorta's views are closer to Mud's than you seem to want to admit. When you interjected yourself in h's discussion with Z, you left the door open for Mud to join in as well. By going after h, you went after Mud by proxy. Same as h, Mud is just defending his skepticism.
It happens in forums... lotta cross-currents in them. Intent sometimes doesn't matter.
Flugs,
For the record... I do not believe you're as dense as you are pretending to be.
Also not trying to "guilt" you... just reflecting reality which is that hoorta's views are closer to Mud's than you seem to want to admit. When you interjected yourself in h's discussion with Z, you left the door open for Mud to join in as well. By going after h, you went after Mud by proxy. Same as h, Mud is just defending his skepticism.
It happens in forums... lotta cross-currents in them. Intent sometimes doesn't matter.
Thanks Tour! FWIW, Larry and I have known each other since 98 and we're getting together in Nashville so there's a mutual understanding between us there is no hostility outside the ribbing in here.
-
-
Flugs,
For the record... I do not believe you're as dense as you are pretending to be.
Also not trying to "guilt" you... just reflecting reality which is that hoorta's views are closer to Mud's than you seem to want to admit. When you interjected yourself in h's discussion with Z, you left the door open for Mud to join in as well. By going after h, you went after Mud by proxy. Same as h, Mud is just defending his skepticism.
It happens in forums... lotta cross-currents in them. Intent sometimes doesn't matter.
Right...Flugel, Zombo....Im not trying to be a dick and it'shard to create proper tone on the forum...you guys are great and super fans.....dont let my Browns disappointment make you think Im pissed at you or its a personal thing,,,,Zombo nailed my state of mind...
... just reflecting reality which is that hoorta's views are closer to Mud's than you seem to want to admit. When you interjected yourself in h's discussion with Z, you left the door open for Mud to join in as well. By going after h, you went after Mud by proxy. Same as h, Mud is just defending his skepticism.
And Tour nailed this ^^^^^.....spot on......just stepping up to the plate for the "skeptics" who were being called out....and include myself in that group currently and was just trying to convey our point of view....
-
-
Notre Dame vs Michigan St. Tonight. Get a good look at Kiser. He does have size at 6'5" 230lbs. I can't believe we didn't take Wentz and we are talking about QB's for 2017. OMG
-
Only thing missing is Flug in the middle as Bobby "the brain" Hennan
..Thanks Canton Mike..The voice of reason(it's gunna be a long season) Thanks Gumby & I believe you when you state "it's gunna be a long season", but I also think we'll continue to see some bright spots with this young Team that will bode well for the future.
Mike
-
I'm not sure if I'm Beavis or Butthead, but I have been feeling kinda like a Butthead all day, so I will delete the post where I snapped on Larry and hope he comes back.
We are about to go undefeated in the division and the conference and he should be able to watch me enjoy it.
Z
-
Right...Flugel, Zombo....Im not trying to be a dick and it'shard to create proper tone on the forum...you guys are great and super fans.....dont let my Browns disappointment make you think Im pissed at you or its a personal thing,,,,Zombo nailed my state of mind...
... just reflecting reality which is that hoorta's views are closer to Mud's than you seem to want to admit. When you interjected yourself in h's discussion with Z, you left the door open for Mud to join in as well. By going after h, you went after Mud by proxy. Same as h, Mud is just defending his skepticism.
And Tour nailed this ^^^^^.....spot on......just stepping up to the plate for the "skeptics" who were being called out....and include myself in that group currently and was just trying to convey our point of view....
Right...Flugel, Zombo....Im not trying to be a dick and it'shard to create proper tone on the forum...you guys are great and super fans.....dont let my Browns disappointment make you think Im pissed at you or its a personal thing,,,,Zombo nailed my state of mind...
Thanks Mud! I can assure you nobody ever thinks you're a dick. If anything, I like that you challenge me to rethink something like you did with Pettine last year. Your football opinions are easy to respect. The rare times I disagree with you - you do a great job of letting me know where you're coming from.
We're right where we need to be. Ready for week 2...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login
