Skip to content

Hue Jackon Became Too Focused on RG3

The Browns Board
99 27 3.1k
  • Mike,

    It's been a phase of every season since I've been here. Why should this one be different?

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @tour2ma said:

    Mike,

    It's been a phase of every season since I've been here. Why should this one be different?

    Tour,

    I understand what you're saying, but it usually doesn't involve some of our best & most knowledgeable posters against one another. That's what bothered me.

    Mike

  • Boy, this is starting to look like a dirty political campaign that seems to be creating animosity among some well respected posters. There is no need to "call out" a poster because of differing points of view or pit one poster against another. I don't believe that was any of their intention. It's still far too early for any of us to know where the Browns are headed down the road and as Fans we have a variety of opinions but they need not put us in "attack mode". Can we just agree to disagree in a civil manner?

    I'm taking the "wait & see" approach and sticking to my philosophy that positives do not result from negatives.

    I'll support the Coaches & Players on the Browns, whoever they may be & GO BROWNS!!

    Mike

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #51

    @canton-mike said:

    Boy, this is starting to look like a dirty political campaign that seems to be creating animosity among some well respected posters. There is no need to "call out" a poster because of differing points of view or pit one poster against another. I don't believe that was any of their intention. It's still far too early for any of us to know where the Browns are headed down the road and as Fans we have a variety of opinions but they need not put us in "attack mode". Can we just agree to disagree in a civil manner?

    I'm taking the "wait & see" approach and sticking to my philosophy that positives do not result from negatives.

    I'll support the Coaches & Players on the Browns, whoever they may be & GO BROWNS!!

    Mike

    Thanks Mike! I appreciate that!

    Yeah, it's a lot of fun responding to an accusation that isn't true especially when I consider Mud as one of the best posters we have. If anyone gives him more great posts and green thatta boys than me - I'd be surprised. I also told him I've always enjoyed the game face promoted in here.

    I started a Happy Birthday thread Mud because I can't wait to dis-respect him. I also gave him a great to see you back in the mix when he returned to the board because my priority is disrespecting him of all people.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Mike,

    It's been a phase of every season since I've been here. Why should this one be different?

    Tour,

    I understand what you're saying, but it usually doesn't involve some of our best & most knowledgeable posters against one another. That's what bothered me.

    Mike

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @canton-mike said:

    Tour,

    I understand what you're saying, but it usually doesn't involve some of our best & most knowledgeable posters against one another. That's what bothered me.

    Mike

    Thanks Mike!

    People can read Hoorta calling people the Sunshine Train and understand Mud never slung the same mud or created the same precedent Hoorta has.

    There's more than just me and Zombo seeing the difference between Hoorta and Mud. Those that want to see it really easy.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #53

    Flugs,

    For the record... I do not believe you're as dense as you are pretending to be.

    Also not trying to "guilt" you... just reflecting reality which is that hoorta's views are closer to Mud's than you seem to want to admit. When you interjected yourself in h's discussion with Z, you left the door open for Mud to join in as well. By going after h, you went after Mud by proxy. Same as h, Mud is just defending his skepticism.

    It happens in forums... lotta cross-currents in them. Intent sometimes doesn't matter.

  • @canton-mike said:

    Tour,

    I understand what you're saying, but it usually doesn't involve some of our best & most knowledgeable posters against one another. That's what bothered me.

    Mike

    Thanks Mike!

    People can read Hoorta calling people the Sunshine Train and understand Mud never slung the same mud or created the same precedent Hoorta has.

    There's more than just me and Zombo seeing the difference between Hoorta and Mud. Those that want to see it really easy.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @flugel said:

    Those that want to see it really easy.

    That's true...

    On the other hand a neutral observer...

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #55

    Notre Dame vs Michigan St. Tonight. Get a good look at Kiser. He does have size at 6'5" 230lbs. I can't believe we didn't take Wentz and we are talking about QB's for 2017. OMG

  • Flugs,

    For the record... I do not believe you're as dense as you are pretending to be.

    Also not trying to "guilt" you... just reflecting reality which is that hoorta's views are closer to Mud's than you seem to want to admit. When you interjected yourself in h's discussion with Z, you left the door open for Mud to join in as well. By going after h, you went after Mud by proxy. Same as h, Mud is just defending his skepticism.

    It happens in forums... lotta cross-currents in them. Intent sometimes doesn't matter.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @tour2ma said:

    Flugs,

    For the record... I do not believe you're as dense as you are pretending to be.

    Also not trying to "guilt" you... just reflecting reality which is that hoorta's views are closer to Mud's than you seem to want to admit. When you interjected yourself in h's discussion with Z, you left the door open for Mud to join in as well. By going after h, you went after Mud by proxy. Same as h, Mud is just defending his skepticism.

    It happens in forums... lotta cross-currents in them. Intent sometimes doesn't matter.

    Thanks Tour! FWIW, Larry and I have known each other since 98 and we're getting together in Nashville so there's a mutual understanding between us there is no hostility outside the ribbing in here.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #57

    beavis-and-butt-head-300x225_zpspgrpzad6

  • Flugs,

    For the record... I do not believe you're as dense as you are pretending to be.

    Also not trying to "guilt" you... just reflecting reality which is that hoorta's views are closer to Mud's than you seem to want to admit. When you interjected yourself in h's discussion with Z, you left the door open for Mud to join in as well. By going after h, you went after Mud by proxy. Same as h, Mud is just defending his skepticism.

    It happens in forums... lotta cross-currents in them. Intent sometimes doesn't matter.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #58

    Right...Flugel, Zombo....Im not trying to be a dick and it'shard to create proper tone on the forum...you guys are great and super fans.....dont let my Browns disappointment make you think Im pissed at you or its a personal thing,,,,Zombo nailed my state of mind...

    @tour2ma said:

    ... just reflecting reality which is that hoorta's views are closer to Mud's than you seem to want to admit. When you interjected yourself in h's discussion with Z, you left the door open for Mud to join in as well. By going after h, you went after Mud by proxy. Same as h, Mud is just defending his skepticism.

    And Tour nailed this ^^^^^.....spot on......just stepping up to the plate for the "skeptics" who were being called out....and include myself in that group currently and was just trying to convey our point of view....

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @d-bone said:

    beavis-and-butt-head-300x225_zpspgrpzad6

    Only thing missing is Flug in the middle as Bobby "the brain" Hennan πŸ˜‰ ..Thanks Canton Mike..The voice of reason(it's gunna be a long season)

  • Notre Dame vs Michigan St. Tonight. Get a good look at Kiser. He does have size at 6'5" 230lbs. I can't believe we didn't take Wentz and we are talking about QB's for 2017. OMG

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @opal312 said:

    Notre Dame vs Michigan St. Tonight. Get a good look at Kiser. He does have size at 6'5" 230lbs. I can't believe we didn't take Wentz and we are talking about QB's for 2017. OMG

    MSU making him look pedestrian.

  • @d-bone said:

    beavis-and-butt-head-300x225_zpspgrpzad6

    Only thing missing is Flug in the middle as Bobby "the brain" Hennan πŸ˜‰ ..Thanks Canton Mike..The voice of reason(it's gunna be a long season)

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @gumby73 said:

    Only thing missing is Flug in the middle as Bobby "the brain" Hennan πŸ˜‰ ..Thanks Canton Mike..The voice of reason(it's gunna be a long season)

    Thanks Gumby & I believe you when you state "it's gunna be a long season", but I also think we'll continue to see some bright spots with this young Team that will bode well for the future.

    Mike

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #62

    I'm not sure if I'm Beavis or Butthead, but I have been feeling kinda like a Butthead all day, so I will delete the post where I snapped on Larry and hope he comes back.

    We are about to go undefeated in the division and the conference and he should be able to watch me enjoy it.

    Z

  • Right...Flugel, Zombo....Im not trying to be a dick and it'shard to create proper tone on the forum...you guys are great and super fans.....dont let my Browns disappointment make you think Im pissed at you or its a personal thing,,,,Zombo nailed my state of mind...

    @tour2ma said:

    ... just reflecting reality which is that hoorta's views are closer to Mud's than you seem to want to admit. When you interjected yourself in h's discussion with Z, you left the door open for Mud to join in as well. By going after h, you went after Mud by proxy. Same as h, Mud is just defending his skepticism.

    And Tour nailed this ^^^^^.....spot on......just stepping up to the plate for the "skeptics" who were being called out....and include myself in that group currently and was just trying to convey our point of view....

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @mudfly said:

    Right...Flugel, Zombo....Im not trying to be a dick and it'shard to create proper tone on the forum...you guys are great and super fans.....dont let my Browns disappointment make you think Im pissed at you or its a personal thing,,,,Zombo nailed my state of mind...

    Thanks Mud! I can assure you nobody ever thinks you're a dick. If anything, I like that you challenge me to rethink something like you did with Pettine last year. Your football opinions are easy to respect. The rare times I disagree with you - you do a great job of letting me know where you're coming from.

    We're right where we need to be. Ready for week 2...

  • @mudfly said:

    Right...Flugel, Zombo....Im not trying to be a dick and it'shard to create proper tone on the forum...you guys are great and super fans.....dont let my Browns disappointment make you think Im pissed at you or its a personal thing,,,,Zombo nailed my state of mind...

    Thanks Mud! I can assure you nobody ever thinks you're a dick. If anything, I like that you challenge me to rethink something like you did with Pettine last year. Your football opinions are easy to respect. The rare times I disagree with you - you do a great job of letting me know where you're coming from.

    We're right where we need to be. Ready for week 2...

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @flugel said:

    Thanks Mud! I can assure you nobody ever thinks you're a dick.

    Well..I think he's a dick.

    😁 πŸ˜„ just kidding....but c'mon...someone had to say it.

  • @mudfly said:

    The real problem is that anyone who has an opinion opposing yours is a drama queen, wants attention, etc etc....

    And there are a bunch of folks here who dont want you to post your opinion, unless it matches their opinion....

    So, post a matching opinion and no one says anything....but post an opposing opinion and get attacked....o

    Posting your opinion is not being a drama queen....BUT CONSTANTLY GOING AFTER FOLKS WITH OPPOSING OPINIONS IS...so, I think Horta has every right to voice his opinion without all you guys jumping him for it....

    So, instead of calling him names and chopping him at the knees, why dont you look in the mirror and realize that it's not drama till you make it such, by trying to silence opinions you dont like...

    Somehow, people here can EASILY see the greatness that is 5 years away.....YET, the same people claim its premature and not possible for us to see anything bad now, because it's too soon....so, how does that work???

    My opinion(a word I like ....a LOT)...opinion////

    There are very few people here who say that they know for absolute certainty it will work. However, lots of folks are already crying about the decisions made as if they know this regime is clueless and their plan won't work.

    Reading too much of either side is painful. We just happen to have one side of the wagon loaded up with soothsayers who absolutely know this won't work and cry about it all day.

    Edit:I don't follow Flugel's take on Hoorta at all. I just think Hoorta is tired of seeing shitty football. I get it. But to say that repeatedly and to infer that the new regime sucks is just beating a dead horse.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #65

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Edit:I don't follow Flugel's take on Hoorta at all. I just think Hoorta is tired of seeing shitty football. I get it. But to say that repeatedly and to infer that the new regime sucks is just beating a dead horse.

    You know you couldn't keep me away the night before a game. πŸ™‚

    ^^^^ Yeah- I suppose that's it. Just tired of lousy losing football. I'm afraid it's finally beaten me down. It hurts to tune into every national sports radio show in the car and (/45op4510- my pal's cat just gave his opinion walking on the keyboard) hearing them ragging on how bad the Browns are and laughing about it. Look, I don't want anyone fired (unlike Ghoolie) I'm at least willing to give Sashi and Depodesta a chance- certainly until the end of next season. It's not that the new regime sucks- it's yet unproven, there's a difference. Yup- there's some bright spots- but I'm afraid this is going to be a long season with a lot of growing pains.

    & Flugs- OK I was wrong about Sheldon. I wasn't focusing on Sheldon every play like PFF. But my take was he wasn't doing anything special.

    I think everyone just needs to calm down, and take the season as it comes. I'll try to not let my frustrations show, if the losses start piling up.

    @canton-mike said:

    Boy, this is starting to look like a dirty political campaign that seems to be creating animosity among some well respected posters. There is no need to "call out" a poster because of differing points of view or pit one poster against another. I don't believe that was any of their intention. It's still far too early for any of us to know where the Browns are headed down the road and as Fans we have a variety of opinions but they need not put us in "attack mode". Can we just agree to disagree in a civil manner?

    I'm taking the "wait & see" approach and sticking to my philosophy that positives do not result from negatives.

    I'll support the Coaches & Players on the Browns, whoever they may be & GO BROWNS!!

    Mike

    Exactly Mike. This shouldn't be a "us Vs. them". In the long run- we all want the Browns to win, some of us are just being more patient about the process. If the goal is to turn the Browns into a long term winner, I just hope the current incarnation of the FO and coaching staff is the right one to accomplish that goal.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Edit:I don't follow Flugel's take on Hoorta at all. I just think Hoorta is tired of seeing shitty football. I get it. But to say that repeatedly and to infer that the new regime sucks is just beating a dead horse.

    You know you couldn't keep me away the night before a game. πŸ™‚

    ^^^^ Yeah- I suppose that's it. Just tired of lousy losing football. I'm afraid it's finally beaten me down. It hurts to tune into every national sports radio show in the car and (/45op4510- my pal's cat just gave his opinion walking on the keyboard) hearing them ragging on how bad the Browns are and laughing about it. Look, I don't want anyone fired (unlike Ghoolie) I'm at least willing to give Sashi and Depodesta a chance- certainly until the end of next season. It's not that the new regime sucks- it's yet unproven, there's a difference. Yup- there's some bright spots- but I'm afraid this is going to be a long season with a lot of growing pains.

    & Flugs- OK I was wrong about Sheldon. I wasn't focusing on Sheldon every play like PFF. But my take was he wasn't doing anything special.

    I think everyone just needs to calm down, and take the season as it comes. I'll try to not let my frustrations show, if the losses start piling up.

    @canton-mike said:

    Boy, this is starting to look like a dirty political campaign that seems to be creating animosity among some well respected posters. There is no need to "call out" a poster because of differing points of view or pit one poster against another. I don't believe that was any of their intention. It's still far too early for any of us to know where the Browns are headed down the road and as Fans we have a variety of opinions but they need not put us in "attack mode". Can we just agree to disagree in a civil manner?

    I'm taking the "wait & see" approach and sticking to my philosophy that positives do not result from negatives.

    I'll support the Coaches & Players on the Browns, whoever they may be & GO BROWNS!!

    Mike

    Exactly Mike. This shouldn't be a "us Vs. them". In the long run- we all want the Browns to win, some of us are just being more patient about the process. If the goal is to turn the Browns into a long term winner, I just hope the current incarnation of the FO and coaching staff is the right one to accomplish that goal.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #66

    @hoorta said:

    You know you couldn't keep me away the night before a game. πŸ™‚

    ^^^^ Yeah- I suppose that's it. Just tired of lousy losing football. I'm afraid it's finally beaten me down. It hurts to tune into every national sports radio show in the car and (/45op4510- my pal's cat just gave his opinion walking on the keyboard) hearing them ragging on how bad the Browns are and laughing about it. Look, I don't want anyone fired (unlike Ghoolie) I'm at least willing to give Sashi and Depodesta a chance- certainly until the end of next season. It's not that the new regime sucks- it's yet unproven, there's a difference. Yup- there's some bright spots- but I'm afraid this is going to be a long season with a lot of growing pains.

    & Flugs- OK I was wrong about Sheldon. I wasn't focusing on Sheldon every play like PFF. But my take was he wasn't doing anything special.

    I think everyone just needs to calm down, and take the season as it comes. I'll try to not let my frustrations show, if the losses start piling up.

    Good idea Larry! FWIW, I've been glad you're a Browns fan since the day I met you. It's not your fault I had way too much caffeine/coffee when I was replying and ribbing you in a cyberspace sports topic. My frustration should never be that I can't influence your opinion into the one I have. I'll try to do a better job of remembering the 1 thing we all keep in common is we're sick and tired of losing regardless of our varied pov about who's at fault for the sum of it all today and how much time is reasonable. It would be nice to get a season full of high 5s for a refreshing change but we know exactly what we signed up for.

  • @d-bone said:

    beavis-and-butt-head-300x225_zpspgrpzad6

    Only thing missing is Flug in the middle as Bobby "the brain" Hennan πŸ˜‰ ..Thanks Canton Mike..The voice of reason(it's gunna be a long season)

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #67

    @gumby73 said:

    Only thing missing is Flug in the middle as Bobby "the brain"

    LOL! Brain or hollow dome? I even embarrassed my village idiot hat.

  • 1) Why Hue fell in love with RG3 remains a mystery, McCown is a better quarterback and was always a better choice to be the starter - but Hue chose to start the worse option anyway

    2) RG3 will probably start for the browns again this season, I suspect McCown won't make it 15 games.

    3) Thank god we didn't trade McCown, starting Kessler in week 2 would probably have been a disaster.

    4) I don't "trust hue on this one." Everybody agrees with overdrafted Kessler, and he hasn't shown us anything in the pre-season.

    5) We're probably going to draft a top QB in 2017

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @bbedward said:

    1) Why Hue fell in love with RG3 remains a mystery, McCown is a better quarterback and was always a better choice to be the starter - but Hue chose to start the worse option anyway

    2) RG3 will probably start for the browns again this season, I suspect McCown won't make it 15 games.

    3) Thank god we didn't trade McCown, starting Kessler in week 2 would probably have been a disaster.

    4) I don't "trust hue on this one." Everybody agrees with overdrafted Kessler, and he hasn't shown us anything in the pre-season.

    5) We're probably going to draft a top QB in 2017

    Some great points here so I only have a few piggybacks.

    Like they often said down in Texas during basketball season regarding Yao Ming: "Made in China = Stayed on sideline." That might end up being a blessing for everyone but RG3.

    McCown might not make it the full year; but Kessler isn't the only rookie QB we have here any more. This is just a question but did the current Head Coach at Stanford (running a Pro Style Offense) coach under Hue in Oakland? If so, maybe Hogan catches on to Hue's system quicker...

    Yes, we probably will draft a QB in 2017 but that doesn't guarantee us the supply will cooperate with our demand unfortunately.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #69

    I guess this means I can leave my Indians batting helmet at home...