Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs Ravens Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
615 57 18.4k
  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    I thought the worse non-call of the game was when McCown fumbled the snap, picked it up, botched the hand off, then fell on the ground just to get hit by 2 DL.

  • I thought the worse non-call of the game was when McCown fumbled the snap, picked it up, botched the hand off, then fell on the ground just to get hit by 2 DL.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    I thought the worse non-call of the game was when McCown fumbled the snap, picked it up, botched the hand off, then fell on the ground just to get hit by 2 DL.

    Agree 10000%

  • @d-bone said:

    1/2: #Browns Pryor on taunting: “I’m just saying there’s other people that can catch a ball and spin it and look at players in the face..."

    Sounds like Pryor meant to taunt, just didn't mean to get called for it....... Like I said, teachable moment and I'm sure Hue will coach him up and he'll be better for it.

    But, as has been said, he's been called for this BEFORE. (preseason game)

    It was a teaching moment then too.

    Is he being taught or not? Or is he just a cockhead?

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    But, as has been said, he's been called for this BEFORE. (preseason game)

    It was a teaching moment then too.

    Is he being taught or not? Or is he just a cockhead?

    ill go with stupid cockhead which go's all the back to getting the sweater vest fired

  • I thought the worse non-call of the game was when McCown fumbled the snap, picked it up, botched the hand off, then fell on the ground just to get hit by 2 DL.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    I thought the worse non-call of the game was when McCown fumbled the snap, picked it up, botched the hand off, then fell on the ground just to get hit by 2 DL.

    and the Browns would have had at least three sacks, except the ratbird oline was allowed to

    hold flagrantly with no call.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Mark O, We have learned not to mess with the Big Guy... I blame this^^^^

    No clue what the hell any of that means.

  • @mark-o said:

    I think this kinda sums up my view on the call at the end as well. This from the ex-head of officiating from the NFL who's great to read during the games because he's not afraid to criticize the officials during the games.

    Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira 51m51 minutes ago

    Pryor dropped the ball on the opponent, but I don't like that call as taunting. Technically it is, but I don't really like it.

    Yep, I agree too.... a tough call, but not the wrong call. If Pryor leaves the ball on the ground, or hands it to the ref, who knows, maybe we're all celebrating a great win. Hopefully the coaches will use it as a teachable moment, and not make excuses for him.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Yep, I agree too.... a tough call, but not the wrong call. If Pryor leaves the ball on the ground, or hands it to the ref, who knows, maybe we're all celebrating a great win. Hopefully the coaches will use it as a teachable moment, and not make excuses for him.

    i put this on coachie coach...FUCKING TELL YOUR PLAYERS TO KEEP THEIR YAPS SHUT AND JUST PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, HAND THE BALL TO THE OFFICIAL. This is suck a ticky tack league now, play it old school..shut your fucking mouth and hand the ball to the official...

  • Well, saw exactly one quarter of some nice looking football....enjoyed that.....immensely....

    Um, but we did NOT lose this game because of officiating....we simply shot ourselves in the foot, stopped executing, made bad choices - bad calls - and bad plays, which became 3 qtrs of crap football....which is the reason we lost.....(bad football)

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Well, saw exactly one quarter of some nice looking football....enjoyed that.....immensely....

    Um, but we did NOT lose this game because of officiating....we simply shot ourselves in the foot, stopped executing, made bad choices - bad calls - and bad plays, which became 3 qtrs of crap football....which is the reason we lost.....(bad football)

    well put.

  • Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 6m6 minutes ago
    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot
    1/2: #Browns Pryor on taunting: “I’m just saying there’s other people that can catch a ball and spin it and look at players in the face..."


    1/2: #Browns Pryor on taunting: “I’m just saying there’s other people that can catch a ball and spin it and look at players in the face..."



    Sounds like Pryor meant to taunt, just didn't mean to get called for it....... Like I said, teachable moment and I'm sure Hue will coach him up and he'll be better for it.



    B browns52 wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    1/2: #Browns Pryor on taunting: “I’m just saying there’s other people that can catch a ball and spin it and look at players in the face..."

    Sounds like Pryor meant to taunt, just didn't mean to get called for it....... Like I said, teachable moment and I'm sure Hue will coach him up and he'll be better for it.

    why wasn't this taught from the get go...this should not be a teachable moment now.. This should have been brought up at preseason team meetings...officiating is so ticky tacky now. Maybe a teachable moment for coachie coach and that's about it...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You can't flip the ball on the defenders head after you make a great play. It was the right call. Hue will not complain to the league office.

    He wasn't even looking the dude he was clearly tossing it towards the ref.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    He wasn't even looking the dude he was clearly tossing it towards the ref.

    then don't toss it...hand it over..send it fedex, whatever. don't toss it. It's the only way to be sure..

  • that taunting call on Pryor was fucking garbage.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    that taunting call on Pryor was fucking garbage.

    no it wasn't. not todays nfl.....fucking coaching issues ONCE AGAIN.....

  • @d-bone said:

    1/2: #Browns Pryor on taunting: “I’m just saying there’s other people that can catch a ball and spin it and look at players in the face..."

    Sounds like Pryor meant to taunt, just didn't mean to get called for it....... Like I said, teachable moment and I'm sure Hue will coach him up and he'll be better for it.

    why wasn't this taught from the get go...this should not be a teachable moment now.. This should have been brought up at preseason team meetings...officiating is so ticky tacky now. Maybe a teachable moment for coachie coach and that's about it...

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @browns52 said:

    why wasn't this taught from the get go...this should not be a teachable moment now.. This should have been brought up at preseason team meetings...officiating is so ticky tacky now. Maybe a teachable moment for coachie coach and that's about it...

    Should've been taught in little league, but in today's 'look-at-me' athlete, it seems to be the norm more often than not.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    That game was bullshit the booger eaters brother is a little fucking bitch with the refs in his pocket! Fuck that, the Ravens got away with drilling the fuck out of McCown for 4 quarters but when the Ravens game was on the line on third down they get a token first down from roughing the passer!!? The most incredible bullshit I've ever seen...

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    that taunting call on Pryor was fucking garbage.

    no it wasn't. not todays nfl.....fucking coaching issues ONCE AGAIN.....

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @browns52 said:

    no it wasn't. not todays nfl.....fucking coaching issues ONCE AGAIN.....

    that is ALL on Pryor.. Jim Tressel had a rule at OSU. You give the ball to the ref, after the play. Pryor didn't learn that lesson.
  • @falcon7 said:

    It's just the Brown's MO to sometimes play well for a half, and then do little in the 2nd half.

    and theres some of you....Hoorta being one of the leaders who continually like to point out the negative so they can be right when it happens. How about enjoy the fact that the team looks good and we're winning.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    and theres some of you....Hoorta being one of the leaders who continually like to point out the negative so they can be right when it happens. How about enjoy the fact that the team looks good and we're winning.

    Mark- in this case I hate to be right. I was at the damn game ya know. You see and feel things there in person that you just don't get sitting in your living room. Were there calls that went against the Browns? Sure- but could you try to score at least once in the second half? Could you try and get some pressure on Flacco like you were getting in the first quarter? Maybe we should ask Gipper when's the last time, and how many times in the last 10 years a team has been up by 20- and lost the game. The Browns played the end of the second quarter poorly- to say the least.

    @mark-o said:

    Josh won't get out of bed tomorrow. he might be done.

    Now who's being negative? Shoot him up and get him back out there.

    @medicineman said:

    We should of had a bottle gate again

    A few Bud Lites hit the field after the game.

  • @mark-o said:

    and theres some of you....Hoorta being one of the leaders who continually like to point out the negative so they can be right when it happens. How about enjoy the fact that the team looks good and we're winning.

    Mark- in this case I hate to be right. I was at the damn game ya know. You see and feel things there in person that you just don't get sitting in your living room. Were there calls that went against the Browns? Sure- but could you try to score at least once in the second half? Could you try and get some pressure on Flacco like you were getting in the first quarter? Maybe we should ask Gipper when's the last time, and how many times in the last 10 years a team has been up by 20- and lost the game. The Browns played the end of the second quarter poorly- to say the least.

    @mark-o said:

    Josh won't get out of bed tomorrow. he might be done.

    Now who's being negative? Shoot him up and get him back out there.

    @medicineman said:

    We should of had a bottle gate again

    A few Bud Lites hit the field after the game.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Mark- in this case I hate to be right. I was at the damn game ya know.

    You don't ever hate to be right. You live to post those words here.

  • @hoorta said:

    Mark- in this case I hate to be right. I was at the damn game ya know.

    You don't ever hate to be right. You live to post those words here.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @mark-o said:

    You don't ever hate to be right. You live to post those words here.

    Boo hoo. Not over the tough loss yet? What you expect me to say- damn that was a great first quarter and it looks like we're falling apart? That's what happened.

  • @mark-o said:

    You don't ever hate to be right. You live to post those words here.

    Boo hoo. Not over the tough loss yet? What you expect me to say- damn that was a great first quarter and it looks like we're falling apart? That's what happened.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Boo hoo. Not over the tough loss yet? What you expect me to say- damn that was a great first quarter and it looks like we're falling apart? That's what happened.

    Nope be honest....you're happy they lost. Makes it easier for you to come in here and say you were right and the Browns are terrible and you all should've listened to me when I told you that they are going to suck.

  • My buddy is sitting with keslers mom at a browns backer bar in san diego

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @lbc-mike said:

    My buddy is sitting with keslers mom at a browns backer bar in san diego

    Did she shit herself too when Josh was dragging his shoulder the third or fourth time?

    Z

  • @hoorta said:

    Boo hoo. Not over the tough loss yet? What you expect me to say- damn that was a great first quarter and it looks like we're falling apart? That's what happened.

    Nope be honest....you're happy they lost. Makes it easier for you to come in here and say you were right and the Browns are terrible and you all should've listened to me when I told you that they are going to suck.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @mark-o said:

    Nope be honest....you're happy they lost. Makes it easier for you to come in here and say you were right and the Browns are terrible and you all should've listened to me when I told you that they are going to suck.

    Wrong. Not at all Mark. I'm never happy when the Browns lose. You really think I'm happy with 440 miles of driving and 6 hours in the car going to the game & back seeing a monumental El Foldo? The stadium was electric the first quarter. But that nasty thought kept popping up in the back of my mind- hey, we're the Browns, we're going to screw this up somehow. Mission accomplished, another long unhappy drive home. Do you really think I'm happy that we're in all likelihood not going to be very good this year? It's just what I saw starting with the preseason. It wasn't exactly Rocket Science either. I ditched my rose colored glasses years ago. If you think I'm coming off like a Ghoolie knowitall, that's not my intention. Did I say listen to me? That was my opinion Mark, that's all.

    Here's the major problem as I see it- walking back to the car, the general reaction was, oh well, we lost again, so what? It's been so long since the Browns were good- fans are just showing up for the Tailgates and 1\2 expecting to lose. The game is sort of an afterthought. Tell you what- the crowd in the Upper Deck was looking pretty sparse. Need I mention in my (supposedly) sold out section 111- I was surrounded by Ravens fans? The season ticket holders were so enthused about the Browns and opening day- they'd rather cash in selling them to Rat Bird fans. If this keeps up the stadium is going to be a ghost town Christmas Eve for the last home game against the Chargers. Negative, or reality. I'll let you decide.

  • lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by

    You can't really blame the no shows, or the overall lack of support on anyone other than the organization.