***Official Browns Vs Ravens Game Day Thread***
-
Well, saw exactly one quarter of some nice looking football....enjoyed that.....immensely....
Um, but we did NOT lose this game because of officiating....we simply shot ourselves in the foot, stopped executing, made bad choices - bad calls - and bad plays, which became 3 qtrs of crap football....which is the reason we lost.....(bad football)
Well, saw exactly one quarter of some nice looking football....enjoyed that.....immensely....
Um, but we did NOT lose this game because of officiating....we simply shot ourselves in the foot, stopped executing, made bad choices - bad calls - and bad plays, which became 3 qtrs of crap football....which is the reason we lost.....(bad football)
well put.
-
1/2: #Browns Pryor on taunting: “I’m just saying there’s other people that can catch a ball and spin it and look at players in the face..."
Sounds like Pryor meant to taunt, just didn't mean to get called for it....... Like I said, teachable moment and I'm sure Hue will coach him up and he'll be better for it.
1/2: #Browns Pryor on taunting: “I’m just saying there’s other people that can catch a ball and spin it and look at players in the face..."
Sounds like Pryor meant to taunt, just didn't mean to get called for it....... Like I said, teachable moment and I'm sure Hue will coach him up and he'll be better for it.
why wasn't this taught from the get go...this should not be a teachable moment now.. This should have been brought up at preseason team meetings...officiating is so ticky tacky now. Maybe a teachable moment for coachie coach and that's about it...
-
You can't flip the ball on the defenders head after you make a great play. It was the right call. Hue will not complain to the league office.
He wasn't even looking the dude he was clearly tossing it towards the ref.
-
that taunting call on Pryor was fucking garbage.
that taunting call on Pryor was fucking garbage.
no it wasn't. not todays nfl.....fucking coaching issues ONCE AGAIN.....
-
1/2: #Browns Pryor on taunting: “I’m just saying there’s other people that can catch a ball and spin it and look at players in the face..."
Sounds like Pryor meant to taunt, just didn't mean to get called for it....... Like I said, teachable moment and I'm sure Hue will coach him up and he'll be better for it.
why wasn't this taught from the get go...this should not be a teachable moment now.. This should have been brought up at preseason team meetings...officiating is so ticky tacky now. Maybe a teachable moment for coachie coach and that's about it...
why wasn't this taught from the get go...this should not be a teachable moment now.. This should have been brought up at preseason team meetings...officiating is so ticky tacky now. Maybe a teachable moment for coachie coach and that's about it...
Should've been taught in little league, but in today's 'look-at-me' athlete, it seems to be the norm more often than not.
-
That game was bullshit the booger eaters brother is a little fucking bitch with the refs in his pocket! Fuck that, the Ravens got away with drilling the fuck out of McCown for 4 quarters but when the Ravens game was on the line on third down they get a token first down from roughing the passer!!? The most incredible bullshit I've ever seen...
-
that taunting call on Pryor was fucking garbage.
no it wasn't. not todays nfl.....fucking coaching issues ONCE AGAIN.....
-
It's just the Brown's MO to sometimes play well for a half, and then do little in the 2nd half.
and theres some of you....Hoorta being one of the leaders who continually like to point out the negative so they can be right when it happens. How about enjoy the fact that the team looks good and we're winning.
and theres some of you....Hoorta being one of the leaders who continually like to point out the negative so they can be right when it happens. How about enjoy the fact that the team looks good and we're winning.
Mark- in this case I hate to be right. I was at the damn game ya know. You see and feel things there in person that you just don't get sitting in your living room. Were there calls that went against the Browns? Sure- but could you try to score at least once in the second half? Could you try and get some pressure on Flacco like you were getting in the first quarter? Maybe we should ask Gipper when's the last time, and how many times in the last 10 years a team has been up by 20- and lost the game. The Browns played the end of the second quarter poorly- to say the least.
Josh won't get out of bed tomorrow. he might be done.
Now who's being negative? Shoot him up and get him back out there.
We should of had a bottle gate again
A few Bud Lites hit the field after the game.
-
and theres some of you....Hoorta being one of the leaders who continually like to point out the negative so they can be right when it happens. How about enjoy the fact that the team looks good and we're winning.
Mark- in this case I hate to be right. I was at the damn game ya know. You see and feel things there in person that you just don't get sitting in your living room. Were there calls that went against the Browns? Sure- but could you try to score at least once in the second half? Could you try and get some pressure on Flacco like you were getting in the first quarter? Maybe we should ask Gipper when's the last time, and how many times in the last 10 years a team has been up by 20- and lost the game. The Browns played the end of the second quarter poorly- to say the least.
Josh won't get out of bed tomorrow. he might be done.
Now who's being negative? Shoot him up and get him back out there.
We should of had a bottle gate again
A few Bud Lites hit the field after the game.
-
-
Boo hoo. Not over the tough loss yet? What you expect me to say- damn that was a great first quarter and it looks like we're falling apart? That's what happened.
Nope be honest....you're happy they lost. Makes it easier for you to come in here and say you were right and the Browns are terrible and you all should've listened to me when I told you that they are going to suck.
-
Boo hoo. Not over the tough loss yet? What you expect me to say- damn that was a great first quarter and it looks like we're falling apart? That's what happened.
Nope be honest....you're happy they lost. Makes it easier for you to come in here and say you were right and the Browns are terrible and you all should've listened to me when I told you that they are going to suck.
Nope be honest....you're happy they lost. Makes it easier for you to come in here and say you were right and the Browns are terrible and you all should've listened to me when I told you that they are going to suck.
Wrong. Not at all Mark. I'm never happy when the Browns lose. You really think I'm happy with 440 miles of driving and 6 hours in the car going to the game & back seeing a monumental El Foldo? The stadium was electric the first quarter. But that nasty thought kept popping up in the back of my mind- hey, we're the Browns, we're going to screw this up somehow. Mission accomplished, another long unhappy drive home. Do you really think I'm happy that we're in all likelihood not going to be very good this year? It's just what I saw starting with the preseason. It wasn't exactly Rocket Science either. I ditched my rose colored glasses years ago. If you think I'm coming off like a Ghoolie knowitall, that's not my intention. Did I say listen to me? That was my opinion Mark, that's all.
Here's the major problem as I see it- walking back to the car, the general reaction was, oh well, we lost again, so what? It's been so long since the Browns were good- fans are just showing up for the Tailgates and 1\2 expecting to lose. The game is sort of an afterthought. Tell you what- the crowd in the Upper Deck was looking pretty sparse. Need I mention in my (supposedly) sold out section 111- I was surrounded by Ravens fans? The season ticket holders were so enthused about the Browns and opening day- they'd rather cash in selling them to Rat Bird fans. If this keeps up the stadium is going to be a ghost town Christmas Eve for the last home game against the Chargers. Negative, or reality. I'll let you decide.
-
You can't really blame the no shows, or the overall lack of support on anyone other than the organization.
-
I saw a highly motivated team, out there against the Ratbirds. The defense played pretty well....not great, the receivers and running backs played well. McCown played great until he got injured, and still played pretty good. The glaring problems were the O line, and the special teams. I'm really optimistic after yesterday. I know that game was a carbon copy of so many others. If the refs would have been less determined to give the game to Baltimore, it could have been a last second win for us.
-
Competitive game, and they looked better than the week before.... I'll take it, but the debbie downers won't.
Competitive game, and they looked better than the week before....
Yes, they did... probably for a number of reasons... but the bottom line is: they did.
Honestly, I'm only going to say this once and let it go. But, it's calls like this one that make me wonder about if pockets are lined for Vegas. The spread was 4.5 on most all major lines this week in favor of the Ravens..they cover with a 5 point win. The second they went up 5 I looked at my wife and said "let's see how the refs call this knowing the spread has been covered"
Only works if you know that more money was taking the Browns and the points. Raising the line late says that was not the case. It says that a sizable late bet came in on the Ravens and Vegas reacted by trying to attract more late money to the Browns.
I'm surprised your wife did not explain that to you...
Mike Pereira @MikePereira 51m51 minutes ago
Pryor dropped the ball on the opponent, but I don't like that call as taunting. Technically it is, but I don't really like it.
This kind of shit makes me laugh. It only leads to inconsistency which leads to "Vegas conspiracies". It's a rule; you see it, you call it... end of story.
-
The Browns didn't do much offensively after the 20-2 lead so I'm not blaming the loss on the officials but I have always thought towards the end of a close game the refs should not call anything unless it is a flagrant penalty and not anything questionable or ticky tack they may have called earlier in the game. Let the game be decided by the players on the field and not the refs.
-
Competitive game, and they looked better than the week before....
Yes, they did... probably for a number of reasons... but the bottom line is: they did.
Honestly, I'm only going to say this once and let it go. But, it's calls like this one that make me wonder about if pockets are lined for Vegas. The spread was 4.5 on most all major lines this week in favor of the Ravens..they cover with a 5 point win. The second they went up 5 I looked at my wife and said "let's see how the refs call this knowing the spread has been covered"
Only works if you know that more money was taking the Browns and the points. Raising the line late says that was not the case. It says that a sizable late bet came in on the Ravens and Vegas reacted by trying to attract more late money to the Browns.
I'm surprised your wife did not explain that to you...
Mike Pereira @MikePereira 51m51 minutes ago
Pryor dropped the ball on the opponent, but I don't like that call as taunting. Technically it is, but I don't really like it.
This kind of shit makes me laugh. It only leads to inconsistency which leads to "Vegas conspiracies". It's a rule; you see it, you call it... end of story.
This kind of shit makes me laugh. It only leads to inconsistency which leads to "Vegas conspiracies". It's a rule; you see it, you call it... end of story.
Tour watch this vid , especially the 2nd angle and tell me there is any stretch of the imagination that makes this a legit taunting call. it is not even in the realm of taunting. I have seen Pryor run his mouth , taunt and act immature but this was a straight bullshit call.
-
Nope be honest....you're happy they lost. Makes it easier for you to come in here and say you were right and the Browns are terrible and you all should've listened to me when I told you that they are going to suck.
Wrong. Not at all Mark. I'm never happy when the Browns lose. You really think I'm happy with 440 miles of driving and 6 hours in the car going to the game & back seeing a monumental El Foldo? The stadium was electric the first quarter. But that nasty thought kept popping up in the back of my mind- hey, we're the Browns, we're going to screw this up somehow. Mission accomplished, another long unhappy drive home. Do you really think I'm happy that we're in all likelihood not going to be very good this year? It's just what I saw starting with the preseason. It wasn't exactly Rocket Science either. I ditched my rose colored glasses years ago. If you think I'm coming off like a Ghoolie knowitall, that's not my intention. Did I say listen to me? That was my opinion Mark, that's all.
Here's the major problem as I see it- walking back to the car, the general reaction was, oh well, we lost again, so what? It's been so long since the Browns were good- fans are just showing up for the Tailgates and 1\2 expecting to lose. The game is sort of an afterthought. Tell you what- the crowd in the Upper Deck was looking pretty sparse. Need I mention in my (supposedly) sold out section 111- I was surrounded by Ravens fans? The season ticket holders were so enthused about the Browns and opening day- they'd rather cash in selling them to Rat Bird fans. If this keeps up the stadium is going to be a ghost town Christmas Eve for the last home game against the Chargers. Negative, or reality. I'll let you decide.
Here's the major problem as I see it- walking back to the car, the general reaction was, oh well, we lost again, so what?
Well....there is a true success story for the FO....nothing better than creating a situation where your fans totally accept losing, dont even expect to win, cheer when you cut all your starting vets and think that waiting 5 years is an awesome plan....
Shashi fist pump!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
