Corey Coleman
-
and the negative nancies, who bashed him for being a loser pick...especially Ghoolish, should apologize to everybody else on the board.
and the negative nancies, who bashed him for being a loser pick...especially Ghoolish, should apologize to everybody else on the board.
slow your roll Travis Benjamin had a few of these in Brown and Orange and he wasn't worth the #15 in the draft. Coleman made strides and I hope this is scratching the surface but pardon me for needing to see the entire year to make sure this isn't the same "Browns Effect" that made everyone think Cameron, Benjamin and Barnidge were future Hall of Famers.
But I will eat a small serving of crow because Coleman did his job today.
-
now we need a kessler to coleman combo
-
I enjoyed watching his catches and RAC's but he was also one of the reasons we lost the game.
Coleman on the Person Foul
Pryor on two big penalties
Irving on the snap infraction
McCowan on the late first half INT
Kicker on missed field goals
Ravens score two TD's on poor plays by the Defensive Backs
3 easy interceptions that were dropped
I could add refs and coaches and poor clock management in the last three minutes but my point is this team is young and needs to learn how not to beat themselves.
-
Not gonna nominate him for HOF status just yet, but am happy to see he finally showed up for a game and made some plays.....and he didnt drop any passes(even though he's still catching with his body).....So, hopefully he builds off this performance and starts stringing some good games together, w/o the drops and bone head penalties.....
-
Coleman on the Person Foul
the db initiated the punching, and Coleman retaliated.
Naturally, the refs played ball. Like they didn't call the ravens for offensive
line holding a dozen times I saw it.
Like plowing into McCown when he simply slid down on his butt. They nailed him. No call.
Like calling Haden for pass interference, when he just had his hand on the guy
But the Browns are coming together. The oline played poor pass protection several times and let
McCown get NAILED. (the Browns oline is never allowed to hold, like other teams.)
The defense against the run kicked ass. They are coming together. Maybe a win next week.
-
Obviously alot of things went against the team this week, mostly refs letting a more veteran team slide on tough (and in some cases obvious calls) while nailing the younger Browns. But what I saw today was a young team full of promising players showing growth. If you went into this season thinking we would win more than 4 games, then I feel sorry for you. We should all know 4 wins would be huge for a team this young and inexperienced. But what I am seeing from the 1st preseason game to now is most of these young players showing improvement. I mean we lost a game by 5 to what is a much better all around team than the Eagles.
P.S. I don't care how good or not good McCown is in anyones eyes. The guy has the biggest set of balls of any QB in this league. I bet he separated his shoulder at least twice this game and still went in and played. Also, I don't care what Pryor was or was not doing. You can check the replay. He was flipping the ball to the ref and Smith got up/walked in the way of the ball. Pryor wasn't even looking at him. Bullshit call.
-
Obviously alot of things went against the team this week, mostly refs letting a more veteran team slide on tough (and in some cases obvious calls) while nailing the younger Browns. But what I saw today was a young team full of promising players showing growth. If you went into this season thinking we would win more than 4 games, then I feel sorry for you. We should all know 4 wins would be huge for a team this young and inexperienced. But what I am seeing from the 1st preseason game to now is most of these young players showing improvement. I mean we lost a game by 5 to what is a much better all around team than the Eagles.
P.S. I don't care how good or not good McCown is in anyones eyes. The guy has the biggest set of balls of any QB in this league. I bet he separated his shoulder at least twice this game and still went in and played. Also, I don't care what Pryor was or was not doing. You can check the replay. He was flipping the ball to the ref and Smith got up/walked in the way of the ball. Pryor wasn't even looking at him. Bullshit call.
Also, I don't care what Pryor was or was not doing. You can check the replay. He was flipping the ball to the ref and Smith got up/walked in the way of the ball. Pryor wasn't even looking at him. Bullshit call.
1/2: #Browns Pryor on taunting: “I’m just saying there’s other people that can catch a ball and spin it and look at players in the face..."
^ Doesn't sound like a dude who was "flipping the ball to the ref"....... Sounds like a dude who meant to taunt, but didn't mean to get called for it.
-
^ Doesn't sound like a dude who was "flipping the ball to the ref"....... Sounds like a dude who meant to taunt, but didn't mean to get called for it. Dbone
*****************************
sounds like "guys TAUNT and don't get called for it, and all I did was toss the ball to the ref and the db got up
and the ball glanced off his helmet"
Pryor was not in the db's face, nor was he looking at him.
-
I agree Calfox, I too saw many holding penalties that didn't get called against the Ravens O-Line. And there was a lot of fight in the dawg today - responding to the challenge of playing on Sunday. Yes, they are coming together ... and still have a long way to go ... but showing potential - especially with decent QB play.
On O I want to see more distribution to Duke and Barnage, better 2 minute time management play, and better pass protection. On D, tighter play by the secondary, figure out why RB's are making catches in open spaces, and of course a better pass rush. On Special Teams, better coverage on punts and kicks, and better field goal play.
But today was a moral victory simply based on talent and effort.
-
^ Doesn't sound like a dude who was "flipping the ball to the ref"....... Sounds like a dude who meant to taunt, but didn't mean to get called for it. Dbone
*****************************
sounds like "guys TAUNT and don't get called for it, and all I did was toss the ball to the ref and the db got up
and the ball glanced off his helmet"
Pryor was not in the db's face, nor was he looking at him.
^ Doesn't sound like a dude who was "flipping the ball to the ref"....... Sounds like a dude who meant to taunt, but didn't mean to get called for it. Dbone
*****************************
sounds like "guys TAUNT and don't get called for it, and all I did was toss the ball to the ref and the db got up
and the ball glanced off his helmet"
Pryor was not in the db's face, nor was he looking at him.
HA! Hopefully our coaching staff doesn't just make excuses for the OSU grad, and hopefully they coach the kid up so he doesn't make that mistake again.... Time will tell.
-
Also, I don't care what Pryor was or was not doing. You can check the replay. He was flipping the ball to the ref and Smith got up/walked in the way of the ball. Pryor wasn't even looking at him. Bullshit call.
1/2: #Browns Pryor on taunting: “I’m just saying there’s other people that can catch a ball and spin it and look at players in the face..."
^ Doesn't sound like a dude who was "flipping the ball to the ref"....... Sounds like a dude who meant to taunt, but didn't mean to get called for it.
1/2: #Browns Pryor on taunting: “I’m just saying there’s other people that can catch a ball and spin it and look at players in the face..."
^ Doesn't sound like a dude who was "flipping the ball to the ref"....... Sounds like a dude who meant to taunt, but didn't mean to get called for it.
2/2: Pryor: "But if I get up and drop the ball, clearly I wasn’t trying to drop it on nobody. But I’ll let coach Jackson handle that.”
Sounds like someone who was tossing the ball down/to ref and didn't mean to hit a player.
-
Bottom line is he tossed the ball, and it hit the opponent. That is simply the fact. If he doesn't let the ball out of his hand, then the ref can't make the bad/terrible/tough/good call.
Again, hopefully our coaching staff doesn't just make excuses for the kid, and instead they coach him up so he doesn't put his team in a bad spot again. I think he's going to make the transition to WR just fine, and will be a good one if he's coachable on all aspects, including this one.
-
Bottom line is he tossed the ball, and it hit the opponent. That is simply the fact. If he doesn't let the ball out of his hand, then the ref can't make the bad/terrible/tough/good call.
Again, hopefully our coaching staff doesn't just make excuses for the kid, and instead they coach him up so he doesn't put his team in a bad spot again. I think he's going to make the transition to WR just fine, and will be a good one if he's coachable on all aspects, including this one.
Bottom line is he tossed the ball, and it hit the opponent. That is simply the fact. If he doesn't let the ball out of his hand, then the ref can't make the bad/terrible/tough/good call.
Again, hopefully our coaching staff doesn't just make excuses for the kid, and instead they coach him up so he doesn't put his team in a bad spot again. I think he's going to make the transition to WR just fine, and will be a good one if he's coachable on all aspects, including this one.
I'm not going to look up the exact quotes from Hue, but basically he straight up said 1: He wasn't going to use the bad refs excuse for the game or players and said "We have to work on getting to ball into the refs hands."
-
Bottom line is he tossed the ball, and it hit the opponent. That is simply the fact. If he doesn't let the ball out of his hand, then the ref can't make the bad/terrible/tough/good call.
Again, hopefully our coaching staff doesn't just make excuses for the kid, and instead they coach him up so he doesn't put his team in a bad spot again. I think he's going to make the transition to WR just fine, and will be a good one if he's coachable on all aspects, including this one.
I'm not going to look up the exact quotes from Hue, but basically he straight up said 1: He wasn't going to use the bad refs excuse for the game or players and said "We have to work on getting to ball into the refs hands."
I'm not going to look up the exact quotes from Hue, but basically he straight up said 1: He wasn't going to use the bad refs excuse for the game or players and said "We have to work on getting to ball into the refs hands."
Good to hear.... Lots of young dudes on both sides of the ball and this won't be the last mistake by one of the kids, just so long as they don't keep making the same ones over and over.
-
Obviously alot of things went against the team this week, mostly refs letting a more veteran team slide on tough (and in some cases obvious calls) while nailing the younger Browns. But what I saw today was a young team full of promising players showing growth. If you went into this season thinking we would win more than 4 games, then I feel sorry for you. We should all know 4 wins would be huge for a team this young and inexperienced. But what I am seeing from the 1st preseason game to now is most of these young players showing improvement. I mean we lost a game by 5 to what is a much better all around team than the Eagles.
P.S. I don't care how good or not good McCown is in anyones eyes. The guy has the biggest set of balls of any QB in this league. I bet he separated his shoulder at least twice this game and still went in and played. Also, I don't care what Pryor was or was not doing. You can check the replay. He was flipping the ball to the ref and Smith got up/walked in the way of the ball. Pryor wasn't even looking at him. Bullshit call.
Obviously alot of things went against the team this week, mostly refs letting a more veteran team slide on tough (and in some cases obvious calls) while nailing the younger Browns. But what I saw today was a young team full of promising players showing growth. If you went into this season thinking we would win more than 4 games, then I feel sorry for you. We should all know 4 wins would be huge for a team this young and inexperienced. But what I am seeing from the 1st preseason game to now is most of these young players showing improvement. I mean we lost a game by 5 to what is a much better all around team than the Eagles.
P.S. I don't care how good or not good McCown is in anyones eyes. The guy has the biggest set of balls of any QB in this league. I bet he separated his shoulder at least twice this game and still went in and played. Also, I don't care what Pryor was or was not doing. You can check the replay. He was flipping the ball to the ref and Smith got up/walked in the way of the ball. Pryor wasn't even looking at him. Bullshit call.
that's exactly how I saw it,,,,,,,,WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THROWING BOTTLES
-
Obviously alot of things went against the team this week, mostly refs letting a more veteran team slide on tough (and in some cases obvious calls) while nailing the younger Browns. But what I saw today was a young team full of promising players showing growth. If you went into this season thinking we would win more than 4 games, then I feel sorry for you. We should all know 4 wins would be huge for a team this young and inexperienced. But what I am seeing from the 1st preseason game to now is most of these young players showing improvement. I mean we lost a game by 5 to what is a much better all around team than the Eagles.
P.S. I don't care how good or not good McCown is in anyones eyes. The guy has the biggest set of balls of any QB in this league. I bet he separated his shoulder at least twice this game and still went in and played. Also, I don't care what Pryor was or was not doing. You can check the replay. He was flipping the ball to the ref and Smith got up/walked in the way of the ball. Pryor wasn't even looking at him. Bullshit call.
that's exactly how I saw it,,,,,,,,WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THROWING BOTTLES
-
Coleman on the Person Foul
the db initiated the punching, and Coleman retaliated.
Naturally, the refs played ball. Like they didn't call the ravens for offensive
line holding a dozen times I saw it.
Like plowing into McCown when he simply slid down on his butt. They nailed him. No call.
Like calling Haden for pass interference, when he just had his hand on the guy
But the Browns are coming together. The oline played poor pass protection several times and let
McCown get NAILED. (the Browns oline is never allowed to hold, like other teams.)
The defense against the run kicked ass. They are coming together. Maybe a win next week.
Coleman on the Person Foul
the db initiated the punching, and Coleman retaliated.
Naturally, the refs played ball. Like they didn't call the ravens for offensive
line holding a dozen times I saw it.
Like plowing into McCown when he simply slid down on his butt. They nailed him. No call.
Like calling Haden for pass interference, when he just had his hand on the guy
But the Browns are coming together. The oline played poor pass protection several times and let
McCown get NAILED. (the Browns oline is never allowed to hold, like other teams.)
The defense against the run kicked ass. They are coming together. Maybe a win next week.
Amen!! the officiating was pure shit and to the point of a rigged game. That taunting call at the end takes the cake, pure fucking horseshit, I screamed so much I cant even talk now lol, tomorrows conference call is fucking cancelled
-
^ Doesn't sound like a dude who was "flipping the ball to the ref"....... Sounds like a dude who meant to taunt, but didn't mean to get called for it. Dbone
*****************************
sounds like "guys TAUNT and don't get called for it, and all I did was toss the ball to the ref and the db got up
and the ball glanced off his helmet"
Pryor was not in the db's face, nor was he looking at him.
^ Doesn't sound like a dude who was "flipping the ball to the ref"....... Sounds like a dude who meant to taunt, but didn't mean to get called for it. Dbone
*****************************
sounds like "guys TAUNT and don't get called for it, and all I did was toss the ball to the ref and the db got up
and the ball glanced off his helmet"
Pryor was not in the db's face, nor was he looking at him.
That play was literally 17 rows in front of me and there is no fucking way it should have been called. ESPECIALLY at that point of a game with the impact it had. This game was fixed
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
