Skip to content

Per Schefter, Kessler Starting Week 3

The Browns Board
53 30 2.0k
  • We wanted to know what we have. Its early to bring him in, yes, but we will still be able to see if he seems to have "it" in any way. Not expecting wins, but is it so bad if Kessler starts the next 6 or so before RgIII comes back and we get some sample size? Maybe there will be a decision to make then?

    @cvcanedy said:

    We wanted to know what we have. Its early to bring him in, yes, but we will still be able to see if he seems to have "it" in any way. Not expecting wins, but is it so bad if Kessler starts the next 6 or so before RgIII comes back and we get some sample size? Maybe there will be a decision to make then?

    I feel the same way, but I'm much more concerned about him not dying out there. We're 0-2 in that department so far-but at least this time I'll see it live and in color in Miami. If Kessler gets hurt I'm serious that we might as well sign Tim Tebow because God has shunned us.

  • @cvcanedy said:

    We wanted to know what we have. Its early to bring him in, yes, but we will still be able to see if he seems to have "it" in any way. Not expecting wins, but is it so bad if Kessler starts the next 6 or so before RgIII comes back and we get some sample size? Maybe there will be a decision to make then?

    I feel the same way, but I'm much more concerned about him not dying out there. We're 0-2 in that department so far-but at least this time I'll see it live and in color in Miami. If Kessler gets hurt I'm serious that we might as well sign Tim Tebow because God has shunned us.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I feel the same way, but I'm much more concerned about him not dying out there. We're 0-2 in that department so far-but at least this time I'll see it live and in color in Miami. If Kessler gets hurt I'm serious that we might as well sign Tim Tebow because God has shunned us.

    We'll deposesta does have an in with the Mets...

  • @cvcanedy said:

    We wanted to know what we have. Its early to bring him in, yes, but we will still be able to see if he seems to have "it" in any way. Not expecting wins, but is it so bad if Kessler starts the next 6 or so before RgIII comes back and we get some sample size? Maybe there will be a decision to make then?

    I feel the same way, but I'm much more concerned about him not dying out there. We're 0-2 in that department so far-but at least this time I'll see it live and in color in Miami. If Kessler gets hurt I'm serious that we might as well sign Tim Tebow because God has shunned us.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I feel the same way, but I'm much more concerned about him not dying out there. We're 0-2 in that department so far-but at least this time I'll see it live and in color in Miami. If Kessler gets hurt I'm serious that we might as well sign Tim Tebow because God has shunned us.

    Even Tebow might say % %/#@%^ not the %#@*(&g BROWNS 😆

  • "Trust me" there ain't no damn indians on the Little Bighorn.-Custer

    @texasag1969 said:

    "Trust me" there ain't no damn indians on the Little Big Horn

    🤔

    Oh yeah even the bravest of the young rookie or very old currently unemployed QBs have to be thinking that before getting a game check with the BROWNS.

    Geeezzz what a quandary! And how many starting QBs before week 17, under/over 4.5? 5.5?

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I feel the same way, but I'm much more concerned about him not dying out there. We're 0-2 in that department so far-but at least this time I'll see it live and in color in Miami. If Kessler gets hurt I'm serious that we might as well sign Tim Tebow because God has shunned us.

    We'll deposesta does have an in with the Mets...

    @cvcanedy said:

    We'll deposesta does have an in with the Mets...

    Has there ever been an "inter-league" trade?

  • NEXT victim.

    Kessler, "Who...ME?"

    We could call Rex Grossman...but I bet his wife won't let him sign with us.

  • We are the first team in history to start 5 games in a row with 5 different QB's . That's just awesome. There's even a decent chance we can go 6 for 6.

  • 5 BQ's in 5 games.....yet, no OL help in FA or the draft....sheez....

    Here are the starters for our last 5 regular season games...

    Manziel - Cheifs

    Davis - Stools

    RGIII - Eagles

    McCown- Ravens

    Kessler - Dolphins

    Not good

  • 5 BQ's in 5 games.....yet, no OL help in FA or the draft....sheez....

    Here are the starters for our last 5 regular season games...

    Manziel - Cheifs

    Davis - Stools

    RGIII - Eagles

    McCown- Ravens

    Kessler - Dolphins

    Not good

    @mudfly said:

    5 BQ's in 5 games.....yet, no OL help in FA or the draft....sheez....

    Here are the starters for our last 5 regular season games...

    Manziel - Cheifs

    Davis - Stools

    RGIII - Eagles

    McCown- Ravens

    Kessler - Dolphins

    Not good

    Hogan--whoever the hell is on the schedule next.

  • 5 BQ's in 5 games.....yet, no OL help in FA or the draft....sheez....

    Here are the starters for our last 5 regular season games...

    Manziel - Cheifs

    Davis - Stools

    RGIII - Eagles

    McCown- Ravens

    Kessler - Dolphins

    Not good

    @mudfly said:

    Here are the starters for our last 5 regular season games...

    Manziel - Cheifs

    Davis - Stools

    RGIII - Eagles

    McCown- Ravens

    Kessler - Dolphin

    I know I say, "you always have to be looking for your next QB," but this is a bit much...

  • 5 BQ's in 5 games.....yet, no OL help in FA or the draft....sheez....

    Here are the starters for our last 5 regular season games...

    Manziel - Cheifs

    Davis - Stools

    RGIII - Eagles

    McCown- Ravens

    Kessler - Dolphins

    Not good

    @mudfly said:

    5 QB's in 5 games.....yet, no OL help in FA or the draft....sheez....

    Two china dolls and a rook plus a pancake artist in the middle of the OL. What on earth could have gone wrong with that plan Mud? 😉

  • Did anybody watch Hues presser? Kess won't be asked to be Superman here..Dink,Run,Dunk,Run, Heev' a couple..Am Damn interested to see what Hue was thinking on "Trust me on this one". Well, Babies got to walk at sometime..Lets go Cody!!

  • Rumor has it Atlanta started 5 different QB's a while back.

    Kessler was praised for his ability to handle adversity in college. Adversity now is just a bit bigger and faster. Good luck kid. What hospital do you prefer?

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    cody-kessler-usc-trojans-fe2.jpg?w=1296

    holy feathered hair Batman!

    if feathered hair is an indication of NFL success, CK will be a 1st ballot HOF'er by Halloween.

    my QB's feathered hair can beat up your QB's nappy bun.

    feathered hair gives you wings.

    71e97ebe9652ea178aa9efd363316b54.jpg

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    cody-kessler-usc-trojans-fe2.jpg?w=1296

    holy feathered hair Batman!

    if feathered hair is an indication of NFL success, CK will be a 1st ballot HOF'er by Halloween.

    my QB's feathered hair can beat up your QB's nappy bun.

    feathered hair gives you wings.

    71e97ebe9652ea178aa9efd363316b54.jpg

    @sisky-fringo said:

    holy feathered hair Batman!

    if feathered hair is an indication of NFL success, CK will be a 1st ballot HOF'er by Halloween.

    my QB's feathered hair can beat up your QB's nappy bun.

    feathered hair gives you wings.

    71e97ebe9652ea178aa9efd363316b54.jpg

    Still beats griffin's bun.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    cody-kessler-usc-trojans-fe2.jpg?w=1296

    holy feathered hair Batman!

    if feathered hair is an indication of NFL success, CK will be a 1st ballot HOF'er by Halloween.

    my QB's feathered hair can beat up your QB's nappy bun.

    feathered hair gives you wings.

    71e97ebe9652ea178aa9efd363316b54.jpg

    @sisky-fringo said:

    my QB's feathered hair can beat up your QB's nappy bun.

    @gftchris said:

    Still beats griffin's bun.

    we agree.

    Kess is thick, he can take hits better than most human pinatas. miami will probably load the box expecting the run...and TP and CC will face 1 on 1s all day long. if CK can beat the blitz and throw accurately i suspect he will pass for a lot of yards this weekend.

    this season is like an extended preseason for evaluating players. at this rate we will have our starters by week 6, and know exactly what we've got in just about everyone by seasons end. and hopefully draft appropriately...

  • Rumor has it Atlanta started 5 different QB's a while back.

    Kessler was praised for his ability to handle adversity in college. Adversity now is just a bit bigger and faster. Good luck kid. What hospital do you prefer?

    @orion said:

    Rumor has it Atlanta started 5 different QB's a while back.

    Kessler was praised for his ability to handle adversity in college. Adversity now is just a bit bigger and faster. Good luck kid. What hospital do you prefer?

    ATL did have 5 different starting QBs in 5 different games....in the strike year, Replacement player era. First time it has happened outside that circumstance.

  • Per Zombo, Cody Kessler now the starting quarterback for "Zombo's Brown Dawgs" in League 1.

    Zombo

  • One thing I am expecting to see is an accurate thrower. Hopefully it isn't run, run, dink from Hue as Miami will just pretend the field is 10yds long and it will be a long ass day. Hue is going to have to not be afraid to let the kid rip it on some 1st downs.

  • My local boy is gonna lead my team.... Hell yea! "Hue gotta trust me on this one".

    @d-bone said:

    My local boy is gonna lead my team.... Hell yea! "Hue gotta trust me on this one".

    Where are you from?