Josh McCown
-
Agreed.
He clearly puts TEAM ahead of his own safety & health. Truly a warrior. He has my respect & would love to see him back here after his playing days.
Mike
Hopefully as the QB coach who actually gets to pick the QB and has input on the rest of the O players from the draft and FA.

I think at this point, Mongo from blazing saddles would make better QB choices than this org.Hopefully as the QB coach who actually gets to pick the QB and has input on the rest of the O players from the draft and FA.

-
We still don't know how long Josh will be out. If there is no structural damage, like a broken bone or torn ligament, Josh could be back sooner than later. I would guess maybe 2 games missed...knowing him. If Josh can come back for game 4, that'd be huge. That gives him 3 weeks of rest and treatment and that COULD be enough to get him healthy enough to play. At the most, Josh misses three games and comes back just in time to throw the ball to Mr. Gordon. For me personally, I've been dreaming about McCown throwing the ball to Josh because McCown really likes to get it down field, and Josh excels at that.
However, I don't think we know if there IS any structural damage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the results of medical testing have been reported. Josh is extremely tough, and if nothing is severely damaged, he'll be back sooner than later.
As far as THIS WEEK, I don't know what to tell you guys. I really don't. Our offensive line struggled to keep the pocket clean, and while the Fins aren't close to being a good team, they DO have nasty pass rushers. Perhaps the very best trio IN THE LEAGUE. Ndamongoken Suh, Cameron Wake, and Mario Williams. I can tell you with utmost certainty that Kessler will not make it through the entire game. Not even close. He'll get destroyed, crunched, and abused.
As far as how Kessler will play, I do not foresee much of anything good happening. He simply isn't ready from EVERYTHING I've seen and read. And when I say "not ready", I mean we're completely screwed. We're obviously going to try and run the ball, but of course the Fins will know this and will stack the box accordingly. I'm talking at LEAST 8 in the box on first and second down. I want everybody to be ready for A LOT of punts. If we face 3rd and long, and I fully expect to face it often, we will see a TON of throws short of the sticks in hopes our receivers break 19 tackles for the first down. I'm serious. When you combine the facts that we can't pass protect well, the Dolphins have awesome pass rushers, AND we have a jello-armed QB who can't throw it 15 yards....well...it's not pretty.
Can I be wrong? Of course I can. Stranger things have happened than a 3rd round QB playing well enough to win.
But I certainly wouldn't hold your breath. Sorry guys.
-
Mary Kay has reported that McCown will miss "significant time" with his shoulder injury, but I don't think anything concrete has been posted. The report from the below link says McCown is "week to week", which is consistent with what I stated. If he remains at that status and no medical reports come forward stating he has structural damage, I firmly believe we'll see Josh sooner than later. Possibly two weeks, but I'd guess DEFINITELY back in time to connect with Josh Gordon. I hope I'm right. Not looking forward to seeing Kessler. Again, I've never wanted to be wrong more in my life.
And OF COURSE, Wentz leads his team to a freaking 2-0 start. You can't make this shit up.
-
Mary Kay has reported that McCown will miss "significant time" with his shoulder injury, but I don't think anything concrete has been posted. The report from the below link says McCown is "week to week", which is consistent with what I stated. If he remains at that status and no medical reports come forward stating he has structural damage, I firmly believe we'll see Josh sooner than later. Possibly two weeks, but I'd guess DEFINITELY back in time to connect with Josh Gordon. I hope I'm right. Not looking forward to seeing Kessler. Again, I've never wanted to be wrong more in my life.
And OF COURSE, Wentz leads his team to a freaking 2-0 start. You can't make this shit up.
Mary Kay has reported that McCown will miss "significant time" with his shoulder injury, but I don't think anything concrete has been posted. The report from the below link says McCown is "week to week", which is consistent with what I stated. If he remains at that status and no medical reports come forward stating he has structural damage, I firmly believe we'll see Josh sooner than later. Possibly two weeks, but I'd guess DEFINITELY back in time to connect with Josh Gordon. I hope I'm right. Not looking forward to seeing Kessler. Again, I've never wanted to be wrong more in my life.
And OF COURSE, Wentz leads his team to a freaking 2-0 start. You can't make this shit up.
Yeah.. They have a head coach who played the position in the pros.. even did a stint for us.... And we get.. Hue and RGKnee.. The football Gods clearly hate us..
-
We still don't know how long Josh will be out. If there is no structural damage, like a broken bone or torn ligament, Josh could be back sooner than later. I would guess maybe 2 games missed...knowing him. If Josh can come back for game 4, that'd be huge. That gives him 3 weeks of rest and treatment and that COULD be enough to get him healthy enough to play. At the most, Josh misses three games and comes back just in time to throw the ball to Mr. Gordon. For me personally, I've been dreaming about McCown throwing the ball to Josh because McCown really likes to get it down field, and Josh excels at that.
However, I don't think we know if there IS any structural damage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the results of medical testing have been reported. Josh is extremely tough, and if nothing is severely damaged, he'll be back sooner than later.
As far as THIS WEEK, I don't know what to tell you guys. I really don't. Our offensive line struggled to keep the pocket clean, and while the Fins aren't close to being a good team, they DO have nasty pass rushers. Perhaps the very best trio IN THE LEAGUE. Ndamongoken Suh, Cameron Wake, and Mario Williams. I can tell you with utmost certainty that Kessler will not make it through the entire game. Not even close. He'll get destroyed, crunched, and abused.
As far as how Kessler will play, I do not foresee much of anything good happening. He simply isn't ready from EVERYTHING I've seen and read. And when I say "not ready", I mean we're completely screwed. We're obviously going to try and run the ball, but of course the Fins will know this and will stack the box accordingly. I'm talking at LEAST 8 in the box on first and second down. I want everybody to be ready for A LOT of punts. If we face 3rd and long, and I fully expect to face it often, we will see a TON of throws short of the sticks in hopes our receivers break 19 tackles for the first down. I'm serious. When you combine the facts that we can't pass protect well, the Dolphins have awesome pass rushers, AND we have a jello-armed QB who can't throw it 15 yards....well...it's not pretty.
Can I be wrong? Of course I can. Stranger things have happened than a 3rd round QB playing well enough to win.
But I certainly wouldn't hold your breath. Sorry guys.
As far as THIS WEEK, I don't know what to tell you guys. I really don't. Our offensive line struggled to keep the pocket clean, and while the Fins aren't close to being a good team, they DO have nasty pass rushers. Perhaps the very best trio IN THE LEAGUE. Ndamongoken Suh, Cameron Wake, and Mario Williams. I can tell you with utmost certainty that Kessler will not make it through the entire game. Not even close. He'll get destroyed, crunched, and abused.As far as how Kessler will play, I do not foresee much of anything good happening. He simply isn't ready from EVERYTHING I've seen and read. And when I say "not ready", I mean we're completely screwed. We're obviously going to try and run the ball, but of course the Fins will know this and will stack the box accordingly. I'm talking at LEAST 8 in the box on first and second down. I want everybody to be ready for A LOT of punts. If we face 3rd and long, and I fully expect to face it often, we will see a TON of throws short of the sticks in hopes our receivers break 19 tackles for the first down. I'm serious. When you combine the facts that we can't pass protect well, the Dolphins have awesome pass rushers, AND we have a jello-armed QB who can't throw it 15 yards....well...it's not pretty.
Can I be wrong? Of course I can.
As can I, and while I'll not predict a win I'll take issue with part of your case... namely the Fins's pass rush.
- Mario is not what he once was. JT can handle him.
- Wake hasn't a single tackle this season let alone a sack. Set a TE or RB to chip any speed rush and Paz has a good chance to stone him.
- That leaves Suh... personally I like the chances of a Bito-Greco-Bailey interior to contain him.
Key then becomes reaction to blitzes. If Cody can recognize and make them pay early (even if only with short passes), then he'll live to see another day. He is not going to be able to average 3 YPA as he did in preseason.
-
And on Josh...
If there was any doubt what vet we'd want to mentor our franchise QB of the future, I think it's been eliminated.
-
We might have to keep him around until he's a senior citizien if we want him to mentor our QBOTF.
He can be our QB coach
-
Josh is a coach in uniform, I would love to see him on the Browns sidelines after he hangs up his helmet.
-
A friend of mine met mccown at a bar during the offseason and he took a photo with him and picked up their tab. He's a class act all around. Love having him in Cleveland.
-
-
Quaker steak is family friendly, couldn't imagine McC out late at night downing beers like a certain other former QB - I think he's a pretty devout christian guy.
McC is probably my favorite Browns QB since 99'
-
I like him and his toughness but man, he loses a lot of football matches. I would rather he wasn't around when he retires. Type of guy that falls into a barrell of tits and comes out sucking his thumb.
-
I like him and his toughness but man, he loses a lot of football matches. I would rather he wasn't around when he retires. Type of guy that falls into a barrell of tits and comes out sucking his thumb.
Its a team sport and most his losses are definitely a team loss. He is one bad ass mofo who I respect the hell out of. Love to see him here long term in some capacity. He's the old school guy that would bite off a finger to finish a game.I like him and his toughness but man, he loses a lot of football matches. I would rather he wasn't around when he retires. Type of guy that falls into a barrell of tits and comes out sucking his thumb.
-
I like him and his toughness but man, he loses a lot of football matches. I would rather he wasn't around when he retires. Type of guy that falls into a barrell of tits and comes out sucking his thumb.
I like him and his toughness but man, he loses a lot of football matches. I would rather he wasn't around when he retires.
Interesting statement.....but just FYI...if you want to cool with the lingo....no one calls it a football match. (That term would apply to tennis or chess or golf, not football...its a game.)
Type of guy that falls into a barrell of tits and comes out sucking his thumb.
But, this is a great line. Present quite an image.
-
ESPN is reporting that Josh has a broken left clavicle and could be out for most if not the rest of the season.
-
ESPN is reporting that Josh has a broken left clavicle and could be out for most if not the rest of the season.
ESPN is reporting that Josh has a broken left clavicle and could be out for most if not the rest of the season.
Actually at coordinator presser, Ray Horton slips up & tells media. "That Josh played courageously with a broken left Clavicle" than Bill Belicheck rolled on the floor & died laughing
..per NFL Radio -
ESPN is reporting that Josh has a broken left clavicle and could be out for most if not the rest of the season.
Actually at coordinator presser, Ray Horton slips up & tells media. "That Josh played courageously with a broken left Clavicle" than Bill Belicheck rolled on the floor & died laughing
..per NFL Radio
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
