Skip to content

Carson Wentz

The Browns Board
205 55 13.9k
  • I wanted us to draft Wentz.

    After the trade I wanted us to draft Lynch towards the end of round 1 (we decided not to get in position to do that)

    Instead we drafted Kessler in round 3 when many pundits had other QB's rated higher.

    I wanted tall, strong armed QB. So now I hope that Kessler turns out to be the next Brian Sipe. 🙂 (what else can ya do?)

  • @masterdog said:

    I would give my left nut for Carson Wentz.

    For the record... I, too, would have given your left nut for him.

    @tour2ma said:

    For the record... I, too, would have given your left nut for him.

    My laugh of the day. I Cried 😆 ...F Wentz & F LT Lane Johnson on still playing us & properly 2 more on a 10 game PED charge back in F'n June..Bet your ass a Brown would have sat game 1 thur 10. Break both there legs #clefromeagles

  • Vikings will destroy wentz

    @stillmotion said:

    Vikings will destroy wentz

    Good possibility seeing as they just destroyed the Packers and Rodgers
  • Vikings will destroy wentz

    @stillmotion said:

    Vikings will destroy wentz

    One problem. They play the Steelers, not the Vikings.

  • He hasn't played a good defense yet.

    "One said:

    He hasn't played a good defense yet.

    The Bears are top ten in passing and overall defense.

  • DISCLAIMER (puke in the back of my mouth before saying this)

    I hope pit kicks the living shit outta wentz and philly (i have allways hated them also & we have their first round pick) fuck it injuries abound for both teams

  • "One said:

    He hasn't played a good defense yet.

    The Bears are top ten in passing and overall defense.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The Bears are top ten in passing and overall defense.

    against whom did they play ?

  • sydS syd

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The Bears are top ten in passing and overall defense.

    against whom did they play ?

    @syd said:

    against whom did they play ?

    They played Carson Wentz - 9th ranked QB in the league.
  • I wouldn't take anything away from Wentz, they're still NFL defenses the dude wasn't even playing FBS defenses in college.

    But there's no sense in drooling over him now

  • sydS syd

    DISCLAIMER (puke in the back of my mouth before saying this)

    I hope pit kicks the living shit outta wentz and philly (i have allways hated them also & we have their first round pick) fuck it injuries abound for both teams

    @syd said:

    DISCLAIMER (puke in the back of my mouth before saying this)

    I hope pit kicks the living shit outta wentz and philly (i have allways hated them also & we have their first round pick) fuck it injuries abound for both teams

    While I may not want to jump on the Wentz bandwagon....NEVER would I make a wish such as this. Fuck the Steelers...regardless of who plays them.

  • @syd said:

    DISCLAIMER (puke in the back of my mouth before saying this)

    I hope pit kicks the living shit outta wentz and philly (i have allways hated them also & we have their first round pick) fuck it injuries abound for both teams

    While I may not want to jump on the Wentz bandwagon....NEVER would I make a wish such as this. Fuck the Steelers...regardless of who plays them.

    @the-gipper said:

    While I may not want to jump on the Wentz bandwagon....NEVER would I make a wish such as this. Fuck the Steelers...regardless of who plays them.

    What will make you pleased being the trivia guru that you are, is that the Steelers have gone through the entire Super Bowl era never winning in Philly...the last Steeler victory in Philly was in 1965!

    That's gotta change.

  • I wouldn't take anything away from Wentz, they're still NFL defenses the dude wasn't even playing FBS defenses in college.

    But there's no sense in drooling over him now

    @bbedward said:

    I wouldn't take anything away from Wentz, they're still NFL defenses the dude wasn't even playing FBS defenses in college.

    But there's no sense in drooling over him now

    I think there's a vast difference in drooling over someone and being able to admit that it's starting to look like the evaluation of Wentz was a bit off-the-mark.

    His biggest (and almost only) knock was that the speed of the game would be too much for him, coming from a FCS school. Philadelphia has done a great job in helping him prepare and has padded his learning curve by playing to his strengths while giving him higher percentage plays to ease him in, however his preparation and mental acuity have shown that this game isn't too much for him.

    His first drive against Chicago is EXACTLY the right thing to do for a young QB - lean on his experience in the no huddle, give him three or four hand signals, let him walk to the line and diagnose what the defense gives him and then adjust his receivers to routes he feels comfortable with using his hand signals. He set a pace and was able to get into a groove. Yet he was still facing a NFL caliber defense, with NFL caliber talent, coached by a very solid and experienced NFL DC.

    The whole "he hasn't played anyone" narrative is both wrong and stupid. He's played the teams on his schedule, and has beaten them. That's all he's been asked to do, and it's something none of our QB's have ever done.

  • @bbedward said:

    I wouldn't take anything away from Wentz, they're still NFL defenses the dude wasn't even playing FBS defenses in college.

    But there's no sense in drooling over him now

    I think there's a vast difference in drooling over someone and being able to admit that it's starting to look like the evaluation of Wentz was a bit off-the-mark.

    His biggest (and almost only) knock was that the speed of the game would be too much for him, coming from a FCS school. Philadelphia has done a great job in helping him prepare and has padded his learning curve by playing to his strengths while giving him higher percentage plays to ease him in, however his preparation and mental acuity have shown that this game isn't too much for him.

    His first drive against Chicago is EXACTLY the right thing to do for a young QB - lean on his experience in the no huddle, give him three or four hand signals, let him walk to the line and diagnose what the defense gives him and then adjust his receivers to routes he feels comfortable with using his hand signals. He set a pace and was able to get into a groove. Yet he was still facing a NFL caliber defense, with NFL caliber talent, coached by a very solid and experienced NFL DC.

    The whole "he hasn't played anyone" narrative is both wrong and stupid. He's played the teams on his schedule, and has beaten them. That's all he's been asked to do, and it's something none of our QB's have ever done.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think there's a vast difference in drooling over someone and being able to admit that it's starting to look like the evaluation of Wentz was a bit off-the-mark.

    Still way too early to say we blew it on Wentz

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think there's a vast difference in drooling over someone and being able to admit that it's starting to look like the evaluation of Wentz was a bit off-the-mark.

    Still way too early to say we blew it on Wentz

    @bbedward said:

    Still way too early to say we blew it on Wentz

    I'm not saying that we blew it. We won't know that for more than a few years, it's wholly dependent on how our draft picks perform.

    I'm saying that I don't know what this means for us as a franchise moving forward.

    Wentz has the makings of a franchise QB in every single aspect - height, weight, athleticism, intangibles, etc. - and if he continues on the route he is on... he'll be much more than a top-20 guy. And that's what scares me about our current people in charge of QB evaluation. They felt Wentz wouldn't be, so what values are they putting at the top of their list? Short accuracy? Mobility? Appearances in bowl games? Highly recruited coming out of high school?

    If they didn't believe Wentz would be a top player, that's fine. But how does that project to next year's draft? If we assume our staff doesn't place a high value in what Wentz brings to the table, that would probably then eliminate Kizer from contention for us next year since they are oddly similar in stature, athletic ability, and overall personality.

    Does that put us more in the market for Watson or Kelly? Does that put us out of the running for any QB in next year's draft?

    I'm just more intrigued by what our scouts DIDN'T see in Wentz moreso than what they did see in Goff - if the reports are to be believed.

  • @the-gipper said:

    While I may not want to jump on the Wentz bandwagon....NEVER would I make a wish such as this. Fuck the Steelers...regardless of who plays them.

    What will make you pleased being the trivia guru that you are, is that the Steelers have gone through the entire Super Bowl era never winning in Philly...the last Steeler victory in Philly was in 1965!

    That's gotta change.

    @stinkhole said:

    What will make you pleased being the trivia guru that you are, is that the Steelers have gone through the entire Super Bowl era never winning in Philly...the last Steeler victory in Philly was in 1965!

    That's gotta change.

    Interesting. How many times have they played there? I don't know...some people think Wentz is the new BR (big strapping guy, accurate, from a smaller college)

  • @stinkhole said:

    What will make you pleased being the trivia guru that you are, is that the Steelers have gone through the entire Super Bowl era never winning in Philly...the last Steeler victory in Philly was in 1965!

    That's gotta change.

    Interesting. How many times have they played there? I don't know...some people think Wentz is the new BR (big strapping guy, accurate, from a smaller college)

    @the-gipper said:

    Interesting. How many times have they played there? I don't know...some people think Wentz is the new BR (big strapping guy, accurate, from a smaller college)

    I knew you'd ask lol. Only 8...which makes it somewhat less eye opening.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Interesting. How many times have they played there? I don't know...some people think Wentz is the new BR (big strapping guy, accurate, from a smaller college)

    I knew you'd ask lol. Only 8...which makes it somewhat less eye opening.

    @stinkhole said:

    I knew you'd ask lol. Only 8...which makes it somewhat less eye opening.

    Well, actually, 8 is a lot.

  • Enough of Wentz already

    In our current team in front of this O line he'd be 0-2 and probably injured. Carson Palmer record at the Raiders was what, 8-16 or something? It's not as simple as plugging someone in at QB here and them excelling off the bat, I can understand the fans fustration but the media can get fucked, are there no NFL writers that can see it's not that easy?

    Enough of Wentz already

  • Enough of Wentz already

    In our current team in front of this O line he'd be 0-2 and probably injured. Carson Palmer record at the Raiders was what, 8-16 or something? It's not as simple as plugging someone in at QB here and them excelling off the bat, I can understand the fans fustration but the media can get fucked, are there no NFL writers that can see it's not that easy?

    Enough of Wentz already

    @londonbrown said:

    In our current team in front of this O line he'd be 0-2 and probably injured. Carson Palmer record at the Raiders was what, 8-16 or something? It's not as simple as plugging someone in at QB here and them excelling off the bat, I can understand the fans fustration but the media can get fucked, are there no NFL writers that can see it's not that easy?

    Sometimes it is that easy. Sometimes people fabricate scenarios in order to make themselves feel better. Sometimes a good QB makes those around him better. Since you went with Palmer, so will I. Arizona went from 5-11 without Palmer to 10-6 in his first year there.

    Who's to say our offensive line would be performing as bad if Wentz was getting the ball out to his receivers early on?

    I think our offensive line performed decently admirably in the first half of the Ravens game, wouldn't you say? McCown wasn't doing anything more than being a distributor, and that's exactly what Wentz's role has been in Philadelphia.

    It's infinitely easier to build around a franchise QB than it is to build a team of Pro Bowl players first. Problem is, you can't keep changing QB's and coaches every year.

  • Some teams get it right. Some don't. The cupboard hasn't been bare ALL these years.