Carson Wentz
-
I wouldn't take anything away from Wentz, they're still NFL defenses the dude wasn't even playing FBS defenses in college.
But there's no sense in drooling over him now
-
301 passing yards
2td
125 passing rating
Against the steelers!!!
Just watch this guy play man. He's a stud.
-
It seems more like the NFL isn't Carson Wentz-ready.
It seems more like the NFL isn't Carson Wentz-ready.
Just most Browns fan. We like the Manziel/RG3 and hate the Carrs and Wentz.
-
Would any of you guys seriously rather have Carson wentz over Coleman right now? Big young accurate qbs who are poised in the pocket are a dime a dozen in today's nfl....I mean what's the best case scenario for Carson wentz? Some combination of Peyton and Brady's career? Give me a poor mans Antonio brown paired with a scrappy fighter like Cody Kessler any day over that....
Would any of you guys seriously rather have Carson wentz over Coleman right now? Big young accurate qbs who are poised in the pocket are a dime a dozen in today's nfl....I mean what's the best case scenario for Carson wentz? Some combination of Peyton and Brady's career? Give me a poor mans Antonio brown paired with a scrappy fighter like Cody Kessler any day over that....
Wentz over Coleman as of right now? Yes
But it is still early
-
Analytics......... Don't draft a QB that is 6'5" 250 lbs, with a rocket arm, that can scramble .......
All they had to do was take the draft card up to Rodger .........
-
-
Analytics......... Don't draft a QB that is 6'5" 250 lbs, with a rocket arm, that can scramble .......
All they had to do was take the draft card up to Rodger .........
Analytics......... Don't draft a QB that is 6'5" 250 lbs, with a rocket arm, that can scramble .......
All they had to do was take the draft card up to Rodger .........
I don't care how tall, heavy, fast or rocket arm a QB is because I've seen many fail. But Wentz also brings vision and an ability to hit a tight window and to time a receiver. Combine that with what you've listed and you get a Franchise QB and a terrible draft move by the Browns.
Also given our history with QB's, I would have signed RG3 and selected Wentz with the second pick. We need to keep selecting QB's until we find one ... The higher we draft them the better.
If this Regime goes down, they can look no further than their first draft decision as to what set their fate.
-
Comparing Wentz or Coleman is like comparing apples and oranges.
Comparing Corey Coleman, Shon Coleman, Kessler, Louis, Kindred, Drango, a 2017 first, and a 2018 second with Wentz is apples and apples.
I like apples.
I'm digging on the direction this team is taking.
-
I would have passed on wentz if i had to make the call in april. Most here would have done the same we need so much more than a qb right now it isnt even funny.
-
Bullshit.
Most fans here either wanted goff or wentz. Wentz here. Really doubt there will be anything like him coming out in the draft anytime soon. And fuck the 'we need sooo much more' mentality. The guy is there, he is ur future franchise USE THE FUCKING PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! -
He hasn't played a good defense yet.
And this is what I was waiting for, thinking the Steelers would come in and provide the reality check that the media and everyone else waiting to crown the next Manning/Brady seemed to have needed, yet, Wentz went in their and looked smart and made the plays and made the Steelers look bad.
Granted, Wentz would not have had the same success with us, and more than likely probably not even play because of how bad our Oline is. Or, we would have been dumb enough to start him and get him killed in the first few weeks.
I just don't understand how Hue can look at Kessler and Wentz and say, Wentz isn't our guy. Kessler is only serviceable right now, if that. His arm looks insufficient to make the big throws with our WR's, and he is holding on to the ball way to long at times, and he seems to be afraid to throw and let our WR make a play on it, even if there is coverage. Pryor is the type of receiver you throw to and you let him go up and get it and beat the coverage, and I didn't see much of that.
But there are some good things happening. Even though we are 0-3, we haven't been slaughtered, and have been competitive with chances of winning, could be 2-1 if we could finish strong. But, our Oline is god awful. Pasztor, goddammit man, 5 penalties, you worthless bag of pussy drops, how in the hell do you manage 5 penalties? Oh, that's right, you're so fucking slow that the only way you can play the game is to move before the ball is snapped or hold your opponent. Well, things could have been worse, we could have played like the Panthers yesterday.
-
You know, the ol' Ghoolster was right about one thing: we fucked up by not drafting Paxton Lynch. That dude is really tearing it up in Denv... ...oh.
-
Both Wentz and Prescott look really good. One thing I noticed though, is that they have all day to stand back and pass. It is unreal how long they have. I also realized the wr and te's that they get to trow to. I'm not sayong the are not good or they won't be good, but damn they got lucky with some talent around them.
-
Comparing Wentz or Coleman is like comparing apples and oranges.
Comparing Corey Coleman, Shon Coleman, Kessler, Louis, Kindred, Drango, a 2017 first, and a 2018 second with Wentz is apples and apples.
I like apples.
I'm digging on the direction this team is taking.
Comparing Wentz or Coleman is like comparing apples and oranges.
Comparing Corey Coleman, Shon Coleman, Kessler, Louis, Kindred, Drango, a 2017 first, and a 2018 second with Wentz is apples and apples.
I like apples.
I'm digging on the direction this team is taking.
Well not exactly. Much more complicated since we then took that #8 and traded down to #15 with Titans. We gave up a conditional 4th in 2017 to Philly and our 2016 6th rounder to the Titans. A lot more complicated considering all the trading the Browns FO got involved with throughout the draft.
And we still managed to pass over the Cowboys future franchiser in Prescott because we like HS baseball players better.
Edit-right after I posted this they were arguing about those two passovers by the Browns on NFL Network. There are pluses on each side of the issue (Wentz). I personally am ok with what we got for Wentz but was very dissatisfied that Prescott got a way, even on draft day, not just after the fact of what Prescott is doing so far for the boys.
-
I remember all the wannabe NFL scouts in here saying he wasn't NFL ready, he comes from North Dakota State, blah blah blah. He's the real deal without a doubt. The Browns have proven once again what a shitty team they are picking talent, no matter who is in the front office it seems.
-
Both Wentz and Prescott look really good. One thing I noticed though, is that they have all day to stand back and pass. It is unreal how long they have. I also realized the wr and te's that they get to trow to. I'm not sayong the are not good or they won't be good, but damn they got lucky with some talent around them.
Both Wentz and Prescott look really good. One thing I noticed though, is that they have all day to stand back and pass. It is unreal how long they have. I also realized the wr and te's that they get to trow to. I'm not sayong the are not good or they won't be good, but damn they got lucky with some talent around them.
And you have pinpointed exactly why Cleveland is where QB's go to die. Boneheaded FO's who don't get (or keep) the talent around the QB either.
-
My congrats and thanks to CW and the iggles for stomping the snot out of the stoolies
-
My congrats and thanks to CW and the iggles for stomping the snot out of the stoolies
My congrats and thanks to CW and the iggles for stomping the snot out of the stoolies
About the only thing positive this weekend.
-
My congrats and thanks to CW and the iggles for stomping the snot out of the stoolies
About the only thing positive this weekend.
About the only thing positive this weekend.[/quote
Bungholes losing was a + too
-
Both Wentz and Prescott look really good. One thing I noticed though, is that they have all day to stand back and pass. It is unreal how long they have. I also realized the wr and te's that they get to trow to. I'm not sayong the are not good or they won't be good, but damn they got lucky with some talent around them.
And you have pinpointed exactly why Cleveland is where QB's go to die. Boneheaded FO's who don't get (or keep) the talent around the QB either.
And you have pinpointed exactly why Cleveland is where QB's go to die. Boneheaded FO's who don't get (or keep) the talent around the QB either.
Why blame the FO. This was Hue's decision - Brown/Depodesta asked is his potential a top 16? and the answer from the evaluators was "no". Do you blame the decision making criteria or the inaacurate assessment used in response?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login