Skip to content

Carson Wentz

The Browns Board
205 55 13.9k
  • @mike-h said:

    Wentz is not NFL ready

    Lol another dumb statement from you.. Keep'em coming , Dexter...

    @nickers said:

    Lol another dumb statement from you.. Keep'em coming , Dexter...

    I was talking about the Hoyer fags who sucked Goffs dick and said that before the draft. Wentz not being NFL ready is not my opinion you old fart. I loved Wentz

  • Analytics......... Don't draft a QB that is 6'5" 250 lbs, with a rocket arm, that can scramble .......

    All they had to do was take the draft card up to Rodger .........

    @browns149 said:

    Analytics......... Don't draft a QB that is 6'5" 250 lbs, with a rocket arm, that can scramble .......

    All they had to do was take the draft card up to Rodger .........

    I don't care how tall, heavy, fast or rocket arm a QB is because I've seen many fail. But Wentz also brings vision and an ability to hit a tight window and to time a receiver. Combine that with what you've listed and you get a Franchise QB and a terrible draft move by the Browns.

    Also given our history with QB's, I would have signed RG3 and selected Wentz with the second pick. We need to keep selecting QB's until we find one ... The higher we draft them the better.

    If this Regime goes down, they can look no further than their first draft decision as to what set their fate.

  • Comparing Wentz or Coleman is like comparing apples and oranges.

    Comparing Corey Coleman, Shon Coleman, Kessler, Louis, Kindred, Drango, a 2017 first, and a 2018 second with Wentz is apples and apples.

    I like apples.

    I'm digging on the direction this team is taking.

  • I would have passed on wentz if i had to make the call in april. Most here would have done the same we need so much more than a qb right now it isnt even funny.

  • Bullshit.

    Most fans here either wanted goff or wentz. Wentz here. Really doubt there will be anything like him coming out in the draft anytime soon. And fuck the 'we need sooo much more' mentality. The guy is there, he is ur future franchise USE THE FUCKING PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • He hasn't played a good defense yet.

    @one-post said:

    He hasn't played a good defense yet.

    And this is what I was waiting for, thinking the Steelers would come in and provide the reality check that the media and everyone else waiting to crown the next Manning/Brady seemed to have needed, yet, Wentz went in their and looked smart and made the plays and made the Steelers look bad.

    Granted, Wentz would not have had the same success with us, and more than likely probably not even play because of how bad our Oline is. Or, we would have been dumb enough to start him and get him killed in the first few weeks.

    I just don't understand how Hue can look at Kessler and Wentz and say, Wentz isn't our guy. Kessler is only serviceable right now, if that. His arm looks insufficient to make the big throws with our WR's, and he is holding on to the ball way to long at times, and he seems to be afraid to throw and let our WR make a play on it, even if there is coverage. Pryor is the type of receiver you throw to and you let him go up and get it and beat the coverage, and I didn't see much of that.

    But there are some good things happening. Even though we are 0-3, we haven't been slaughtered, and have been competitive with chances of winning, could be 2-1 if we could finish strong. But, our Oline is god awful. Pasztor, goddammit man, 5 penalties, you worthless bag of pussy drops, how in the hell do you manage 5 penalties? Oh, that's right, you're so fucking slow that the only way you can play the game is to move before the ball is snapped or hold your opponent. Well, things could have been worse, we could have played like the Panthers yesterday.

  • You know, the ol' Ghoolster was right about one thing: we fucked up by not drafting Paxton Lynch. That dude is really tearing it up in Denv... ...oh.

  • Both Wentz and Prescott look really good. One thing I noticed though, is that they have all day to stand back and pass. It is unreal how long they have. I also realized the wr and te's that they get to trow to. I'm not sayong the are not good or they won't be good, but damn they got lucky with some talent around them.

  • Comparing Wentz or Coleman is like comparing apples and oranges.

    Comparing Corey Coleman, Shon Coleman, Kessler, Louis, Kindred, Drango, a 2017 first, and a 2018 second with Wentz is apples and apples.

    I like apples.

    I'm digging on the direction this team is taking.

    @alporcini said:

    Comparing Wentz or Coleman is like comparing apples and oranges.

    Comparing Corey Coleman, Shon Coleman, Kessler, Louis, Kindred, Drango, a 2017 first, and a 2018 second with Wentz is apples and apples.

    I like apples.

    I'm digging on the direction this team is taking.

    Well not exactly. Much more complicated since we then took that #8 and traded down to #15 with Titans. We gave up a conditional 4th in 2017 to Philly and our 2016 6th rounder to the Titans. A lot more complicated considering all the trading the Browns FO got involved with throughout the draft.

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-Eagles-agree-to-trade-of-1st-round-draft-picks-other-selections/9d0667e4-ed78-4e13-95de-067103f33f6b

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Cleveland-Browns-trade-No-8-pick-to-Tennessee-Titans/95bf777a-85a5-446a-9e4c-6a128a29181b

    And we still managed to pass over the Cowboys future franchiser in Prescott because we like HS baseball players better.

    Edit-right after I posted this they were arguing about those two passovers by the Browns on NFL Network. There are pluses on each side of the issue (Wentz). I personally am ok with what we got for Wentz but was very dissatisfied that Prescott got a way, even on draft day, not just after the fact of what Prescott is doing so far for the boys.

  • I remember all the wannabe NFL scouts in here saying he wasn't NFL ready, he comes from North Dakota State, blah blah blah. He's the real deal without a doubt. The Browns have proven once again what a shitty team they are picking talent, no matter who is in the front office it seems.

  • Both Wentz and Prescott look really good. One thing I noticed though, is that they have all day to stand back and pass. It is unreal how long they have. I also realized the wr and te's that they get to trow to. I'm not sayong the are not good or they won't be good, but damn they got lucky with some talent around them.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Both Wentz and Prescott look really good. One thing I noticed though, is that they have all day to stand back and pass. It is unreal how long they have. I also realized the wr and te's that they get to trow to. I'm not sayong the are not good or they won't be good, but damn they got lucky with some talent around them.

    And you have pinpointed exactly why Cleveland is where QB's go to die. Boneheaded FO's who don't get (or keep) the talent around the QB either.

  • My congrats and thanks to CW and the iggles for stomping the snot out of the stoolies

  • My congrats and thanks to CW and the iggles for stomping the snot out of the stoolies

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    My congrats and thanks to CW and the iggles for stomping the snot out of the stoolies

    About the only thing positive this weekend.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    My congrats and thanks to CW and the iggles for stomping the snot out of the stoolies

    About the only thing positive this weekend.

    @masterdog said:

    About the only thing positive this weekend.[/quote

    Bungholes losing was a + too

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Both Wentz and Prescott look really good. One thing I noticed though, is that they have all day to stand back and pass. It is unreal how long they have. I also realized the wr and te's that they get to trow to. I'm not sayong the are not good or they won't be good, but damn they got lucky with some talent around them.

    And you have pinpointed exactly why Cleveland is where QB's go to die. Boneheaded FO's who don't get (or keep) the talent around the QB either.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And you have pinpointed exactly why Cleveland is where QB's go to die. Boneheaded FO's who don't get (or keep) the talent around the QB either.

    Why blame the FO. This was Hue's decision - Brown/Depodesta asked is his potential a top 16? and the answer from the evaluators was "no". Do you blame the decision making criteria or the inaacurate assessment used in response?

  • Both Wentz and Prescott look really good. One thing I noticed though, is that they have all day to stand back and pass. It is unreal how long they have. I also realized the wr and te's that they get to trow to. I'm not sayong the are not good or they won't be good, but damn they got lucky with some talent around them.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Both Wentz and Prescott look really good. One thing I noticed though, is that they have all day to stand back and pass. It is unreal how long they have. I also realized the wr and te's that they get to trow to. I'm not sayong the are not good or they won't be good, but damn they got lucky with some talent around them.

    The Philly offensive line is in just as much a state of flux as our offensive line, they have players playing out of position and a looming suspension. Philly also only has one first rounder along their line, unlike us. However, they have what is ranked as the TOP offensive line in terms of athleticism, which is nice.

    http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/5/24/11759990/eagles-most-athletic-offensive-line-nfl-rankings-study-philadelphia-lane-johnson-jason-peters

    Man, oh man. If only we had a highly-ranked athletic offensive line like they do...oh wait....

    When a defense has to respect your quarterback, they don't get the luxury of bringing 5,6,7 guys after the QB. I understand we've had some TERRIBLE offensive line play, especially from RT, but once we get a QB situation that teams have to acknowledge....I'm willing to put money on the fact we'll see an increase in offensive line play.

  • I agree, just seems like the other team is in our backfield within 1 second of snapping the ball.

  • Philly also only has one first rounder along their line, unlike us.

    The Browns only have one first rounder on their line: Joe Thomas. (not counting Erving who is out) Bito round 2. Greco/Bailey/Pasztor...who knows what round they were taken in.

  • A good QB usually can off set some of the inefficiency of the Offensive Line. (See P. Manning and T. Brady over the years).

    The ability to understand blitz and what the defense throws at you cannot be under estimated.

    Wentz did 2 things really well.

    1) He audibled and put the offense in a better opportunity

    2) He was able to slide and BUY time (see the 72 yard pass to Sproles).

  • You know, the ol' Ghoolster was right about one thing: we fucked up by not drafting Paxton Lynch. That dude is really tearing it up in Denv... ...oh.

    @jbluhm86 said:

    You know, the ol' Ghoolster was right about one thing: we fucked up by not drafting Paxton Lynch. That dude is really tearing it up in Denv... ...oh.

    Just because Lynch and Goff aren't playing doesn't mean they aren't any good. If Bridgewater doesn't get hurt, Sam Bradford is STILL the QB in Philly and you guys would be saying how dumb they were for trading up for Wentz.Wentz would be a backup like Lynch and Goff.