Davis Webb
-
Do you think if Jared goff would have went out and had a spectacular rookie season that Webb would be the top rated qb in this draft? With Webb having the better size and arm strength I have to think goffs underachieving rookie season hurt webbs draft stock, agree or disagree? I haven't watched any cal games nor do I study film like some people on here but what did goff do better than Davis? Mobility? Just wondering
-
Do you think if Jared goff would have went out and had a spectacular rookie season that Webb would be the top rated qb in this draft? With Webb having the better size and arm strength I have to think goffs underachieving rookie season hurt webbs draft stock, agree or disagree? I haven't watched any cal games nor do I study film like some people on here but what did goff do better than Davis? Mobility? Just wondering
Do you think if Jared goff would have went out and had a spectacular rookie season that Webb would be the top rated qb in this draft? With Webb having the better size and arm strength I have to think goffs underachieving rookie season hurt webbs draft stock, agree or disagree? I haven't watched any cal games nor do I study film like some people on here but what did goff do better than Davis? Mobility? Just wondering
Good questions...
It certainly did not help Webb that Goff shit down his leg most of 2016. But there were a lot of contributing factors to Goff's LAR, rookie pratfall. My guess is the impact on Webb simply varies team to team...
I do not think that if Goff lit it up, it would help Webb significantly. The tape is simply not there... neither in quality or quantity.
Comparing the two at Cal? I saw everything in Goff... pocket presence... reads... composure... arm... mechanics... and I saw them consistently. Webb? Glimpses here and there of most of those attributes, but I did not watch as much tape on Webb basically because I saw little to draw me in deeper.
-
Thanks tour, I have not seen have we brought him in for a private workout? If not I guess that saying Hue has seen all he needed to at senior bowl which does not look good for our interest in him
-
Browns Source 'You see we don't have bridge QB. Maybe we trade for McCarron. Bengals appear opposed to that. We like Trubisky & Webb.'
With the recent rumors of trading back into the first round i believe Webb is the target
Nothing really to add except he has been viewed by teams as a trade up target.
Also interesting to note is that the browns are not interested in Mahomes -
And I thought taking Watson at #1 was bad! if the browns trade back into rd 1 to take Webb, we can start looking for a new regime now.
-
And I thought taking Watson at #1 was bad! if the browns trade back into rd 1 to take Webb, we can start looking for a new regime now.
And I thought taking Watson at #1 was bad! if the browns trade back into rd 1 to take Webb, we can start looking for a new regime now.
To me that is as idiotic as taking Kessler in the 3 or 4 wr's. Just poor drafting. Unfortunately we only have last year to look at for a track record for this FO. And it was not good compared to most others. In two weeks we get to see if to rookies learned anything. I've never been impressed with Sushi. Why would we trade up for someone likely to be there @ 33? Doesn't make any sense.
-
More of a "what have we learned" about FO Ag. A Better talented draft this season thru deeper rounds vs. last season.Maybe we won't pass for building picks? Clearly Kessler was on our board or moved to top of board than took a move down to still get him. #1.They will stick to guy at top of their board. If we have thoughts of moving up from 33? S & CB look better of landing a good one in a slimming down class by 20'ish pick,maybe a top DT aside Garrett? 4 WR's was like throwing lawn darts at the garbage can lids..1 or 2 may stick..
-
And I thought taking Watson at #1 was bad! if the browns trade back into rd 1 to take Webb, we can start looking for a new regime now.
And I thought taking Watson at #1 was bad! if the browns trade back into rd 1 to take Webb, we can start looking for a new regime now.
To me that is as idiotic as taking Kessler in the 3 or 4 wr's. Just poor drafting. Unfortunately we only have last year to look at for a track record for this FO. And it was not good compared to most others. In two weeks we get to see if to rookies learned anything. I've never been impressed with Sushi. Why would we trade up for someone likely to be there @ 33? Doesn't make any sense.
There's no Guarantee that Webb will be there at 33 as the Cardinals,Chiefs,Chargers,Rams,Jets,Steelers,49ers and Bears have all met with Webb at various times throughout the draft process. The Jets,Bears,49ers,Chiefs,Browns have all been linked to Webb in roughly the second round but... the cost for the browns to move up and secure the 5th year option and jump high enough to take Webb without worry of someone else jumping up and taking him is fairly low all things considered. Denvers (20) for Browns (33) and one Future 2nd round and a 4th rounder 2017.
Breaking it down if we Take Mahomes and Kizer out of the equation as browns are supposedly not interested in either QB, if Mitch goes to the jets at 6 and Watson goes to the bills at 10 we have a top 10 non QB at 12. an Impact player OJH or Hooker or Foster or Mike Williams or top CB you get the picture there. Mahomes keeps getting slotted to the cards at 13 for some reason and assuming that he goes there that means the potential Trade down targets are the 49ers,Chiefs and Bears not even going to mention the Plethora of teams that need a Backup or a QB of the Future Ravens/Bucs/Saints that may use less assets to swap spots and take one of the Best Developmental Prospects at QB. Size+,Athleticism+,Arm Talent+. Physically he has all the tools needed to be a franchise QB, He just needs time to develop and the correct coaching to do it. Do we have that i dont know.
Also TexasAG, QB Play was not the reason we lost so much last year, Trash Defense is why we lost so much. if i had to pick one thing. Cody Played damn well for a rookie and the best a Browns Rookie QB has played. and we NEEDED as many shots at WR as possible after Ray Fucking Farmer drafted 1(Vince Mayle) in 2 years and let the position become the absolute worst in the league. Devon Bess, Dwayne Bowe,Miles Austin Wastes of space.
-
maybe I've been unfair to Webb and should watch more of his tape but the first go around I saw a guy who won't be able to cope with the pressure he sees in the NFL. Admittedly, it didn't take me a whole lot of time to come to that conclusion, but I just don't think his brain works fast enough for the pro game.
-
Furthermore, how would any of us know who the Browns do or don't like at QB? This FO doesn't ever tip their hand. No one knew Coleman was the guy last year, the Osweiler trade caught everyone out of left, but if they think that using multiple day 2 picks on Webb is the way to address the QB situation, I'll barf up the Browns Kool-aid.
-
Isn't Webb the QB prospect that came off as a super dick at the Combine?
Anyone may not make it anywhere in the draft. You cannot fuckin' draft scared... especially over midling talent.
I heard just the other day that Garrett may not make it to #2...

Isn't Webb the QB prospect that came off as a super dick at the Combine?
Anyone may not make it anywhere in the draft. You cannot fuckin' draft scared... especially over midling talent.
I heard just the other day that Garrett may not make it to #2...

Right... but if you WANT the guy then just hoping he falls into your lap is pretty foolhardy...
If you want to talk about midling talent the Kizer thread is on page 2 currently...
-
kizer has a higher ceiling, is a lot smarter and isn't socially re-tarded though. Webb is the kid who thinks you make friends by having cool toys.
-
Isn't Webb the QB prospect that came off as a super dick at the Combine?
Anyone may not make it anywhere in the draft. You cannot fuckin' draft scared... especially over midling talent.
I heard just the other day that Garrett may not make it to #2...

Right... but if you WANT the guy then just hoping he falls into your lap is pretty foolhardy...
If you want to talk about midling talent the Kizer thread is on page 2 currently...
If you want to talk about midling talent the Kizer thread is on page 2 currently...
I've said all I'm going to say about that...
-
Greg Cosell has given his bitesize piece on.....
DAVIS WEBB
College: Cal-Berkeley (after transferring from Texas Tech)
College offence: Shotgun spread
College starts: 26
Last season: Senior
Age: 22
Hometown: Prosper, Texas
Height: 6-foot-4 3/4
Weight: 229 pounds
Hand size: 9 1/4 inches
Greg Cosell says:
STRENGTHS
Showed an awareness and understanding of progressions within the context of his (Air Raid spread) offence. At times looked very natural throwing the ball with an easy delivery. A very good touch thrower. Good arm but not a gun, not a high-velocity thrower. Showed the feel and poise to stand in a muddied pocket and deliver with comfort. Played with a far better understanding of the concepts of the Air Raid offence than Pat Mahomes.
WEAKNESSES
Very loose and undisciplined with his throwing mechanics. A little too deliberate in his movement. As with many shotgun-spread college QBs, Webb did not always plant his back foot and transfer his weight as he delivered. Question as to whether he has a live arm that can drive the ball when needed. Deep-ball accuracy must improve. At times he missed routine throws, a concern. Did not show a lot of pocket toughness.
BOTTOM LINE
Played in a highly schemed offence that defined throws with limited progression reading. A developmental QB with the skill set to eventually become a quality NFL starter. Some similarities to Paxton Lynch. Overall maybe the best QB prospect in this years draft, with a higher ceiling than Mitch Trubisky and Deshaun Watson. DeShone Kizer has excellent arm talent but Webb has a more refined feel to his game.
-
i guess my eyes are not all that bad lol
-
I've been pretty rough on Webb and a lot of it is because I want to barf every time I hear him speak, but he could end up being this year's Derek Carr. I'm still putting my money on a wasted draft pick, but who knows how these guys respond once they get to the league. All I know is that I never have to interact with him over the sound of him slurping his own chode.
-
I don't know but with a name like Davis web I just think this guys should be like a golfer or something it's not a football name
-
I don't know but with a name like Davis web I just think this guys should be like a golfer or something it's not a football name
I don't know but with a name like Davis web I just think this guys should be like a golfer or something it's not a football name
Or have a first name like Spud and dunk basketballs or something.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login