Roll Call
-
Born: Edenbridge, Kent, England
Now: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England
FYI 40ish miles South East of London.
My mother grew up in Gillingham. My aunt and uncle both lived there, another lived in Chatham. Another uncle lived down the road, but don't recall the city.
My mother grew up in Gillingham. My aunt and uncle both lived there, another lived in Chatham. Another uncle lived down the road, but don't recall the city.
Maidstone?
-
You guys are making me hungry.
You guys are making me hungry.
I'll bet.
-
Born and raised in Hamilton, Ohio. Live in Fort Wayne, Indiana
-
The Youngstown area has to have, per capita the best local pizza in the country. I live 5-10 minutes away from wedgewood, uptown, Gia's, Cocca's, Belleria as well as several I haven't even tried yet. 5 minutes further and I can hit up Elmton, V2, Avalon, MVR... add in all the chain places (including the regional pizza joes) and it's safe to say that Youngstown eats plenty of pie.
-
Hiram. Summer home of the Cleveland Browns for many many years.
Now: Louisiana
...And Mary's in Lisbon...Fattest Pie you'll ever put your lips to!!!
-
The Youngstown area has to have, per capita the best local pizza in the country. I live 5-10 minutes away from wedgewood, uptown, Gia's, Cocca's, Belleria as well as several I haven't even tried yet. 5 minutes further and I can hit up Elmton, V2, Avalon, MVR... add in all the chain places (including the regional pizza joes) and it's safe to say that Youngstown eats plenty of pie.
The Youngstown area has to have, per capita the best local pizza in the country. I live 5-10 minutes away from wedgewood, uptown, Gia's, Cocca's, Belleria as well as several I haven't even tried yet. 5 minutes further and I can hit up Elmton, V2, Avalon, MVR... add in all the chain places (including the regional pizza joes) and it's safe to say that Youngstown eats plenty of pie.
Wedgewood (no delivery!), Belleria, Elmton will keep you in pizza heaven for awhile. Plus even a lot of the ESPN announcing staff have hit the MVR down by YSU in ol' Smokey Hollow to enjoy some great Italian food and play some bocce, a totally hidden gem for many.
-
The Youngstown area has to have, per capita the best local pizza in the country. I live 5-10 minutes away from wedgewood, uptown, Gia's, Cocca's, Belleria as well as several I haven't even tried yet. 5 minutes further and I can hit up Elmton, V2, Avalon, MVR... add in all the chain places (including the regional pizza joes) and it's safe to say that Youngstown eats plenty of pie.
Wedgewood (no delivery!), Belleria, Elmton will keep you in pizza heaven for awhile. Plus even a lot of the ESPN announcing staff have hit the MVR down by YSU in ol' Smokey Hollow to enjoy some great Italian food and play some bocce, a totally hidden gem for many.
Wedgewood (no delivery!), Belleria, Elmton will keep you in pizza heaven for awhile. Plus even a lot of the ESPN announcing staff have hit the MVR down by YSU in ol' Smokey Hollow to enjoy some great Italian food and play some bocce, a totally hidden gem for many.
The whole Mahoning valley is peppered with some of the greatest Italian eateries anywhere. Jaks even has genuine Amish made pizza...very unique in most of the country. Had some Belleria Italian fries at lunch today. As far as pizza slut or pappy Juan's, yinzers like that crap
-
Wedgewood (no delivery!), Belleria, Elmton will keep you in pizza heaven for awhile. Plus even a lot of the ESPN announcing staff have hit the MVR down by YSU in ol' Smokey Hollow to enjoy some great Italian food and play some bocce, a totally hidden gem for many.
The whole Mahoning valley is peppered with some of the greatest Italian eateries anywhere. Jaks even has genuine Amish made pizza...very unique in most of the country. Had some Belleria Italian fries at lunch today. As far as pizza slut or pappy Juan's, yinzers like that crap
The whole Mahoning valley is peppered with some of the greatest Italian eateries anywhere. Jaks even has genuine Amish made pizza...very unique in most of the country. Had some Belleria Italian fries at lunch today. As far as pizza slut or pappy Juan's, yinzers like that crap
The best Pizza I have tasted is from a family owned business in Wintersville, Oh called "Di Carlos". Haven't found anything out here in Cali thats close.
-
My mother grew up in Gillingham. My aunt and uncle both lived there, another lived in Chatham. Another uncle lived down the road, but don't recall the city.
Maidstone?
Maidstone?
I don't remember. I was there in 1976 for a single evening and was driven there by my uncle, so I don't remember the town.
-
Anybody here born in Cleveland, raised in Cleveland, worked in Cleveland, retired in Cleveland, planning on staying in Cleveland? Just curious.
Kind of like the reverse in Spring break in 1969 and the early 1970s in Florida, I never met a native Floridian.
Anybody here born in Cleveland, raised in Cleveland, worked in Cleveland, retired in Cleveland, planning on staying in Cleveland? Just curious.
Kind of like the reverse in Spring break in 1969 and the early 1970s in Florida, I never met a native Floridian.
I lived (Shaker Square) and worked (CMHA on W. 25th) and went to law school (Cleveland-Marshall) in Cleveland for 3 years. Then moved back to Akron area. But now, where I sit is literally about 5 blocks from where I was born.
-
Ridgway, PA? I'm retired now but when I was in the steel joist and deck business back in the mid 1980s we had to deliver a really small load of joist for a job up in God's country up there in Ridgway.Zombo said:
Born: Ridgway, PA
Live: Naples, FL
Zombo
A full sized semi with 40' trailer from our plant in Indiana to the site, our sales office was responsible for eastern Ohio, western, PA and northern WVA and we had to get the drivers in there and out. I believe it was for a small store addition and I distinctly remember the driver saying "you want me to go where with this". Oh yeah, small world.
-
Anybody here born in Cleveland, raised in Cleveland, worked in Cleveland, retired in Cleveland, planning on staying in Cleveland? Just curious.
Kind of like the reverse in Spring break in 1969 and the early 1970s in Florida, I never met a native Floridian.
I lived (Shaker Square) and worked (CMHA on W. 25th) and went to law school (Cleveland-Marshall) in Cleveland for 3 years. Then moved back to Akron area. But now, where I sit is literally about 5 blocks from where I was born.
Wow 5 blocks, I almost did that the week I got my Bachelors degree I bought a house 200' from my parents house, loved it out in the country big lake about 1/4 mile away and I could shoot my firearms there! When I got my MBA I decided to go upscale to the cul-de-sac bigger house -but- still surrounded by woods and only 4 miles from my office.I lived (Shaker Square) and worked (CMHA on W. 25th) and went to law school (Cleveland-Marshall) in Cleveland for 3 years. Then moved back to Akron area. But now, where I sit is literally about 5 blocks from where I was born.
I do still miss the old neighborhood but don't tell my wife.

-
I remember finding Ridgway on the map was just part of it we then had to get these guys to the job site which was scary at times. Sometimes you could almost see it but can't make a turn or back up or my big nightmare they'd drop to their axles in mud and I'd have to find bulldozers to pull them out.
I loved that job we also did skyscrapers in Pittsburgh, the Canton HOF expansion, you name it but these small town jobs were unique. I was the inside man that coordinated the salesmen, engineering, manufacturing, delivery and everything else including job site visits as necessary. Fun high pressure job.
Oh we owned all of our semis and trailers, our loss if they got trashed!
-
Wow 5 blocks, I almost did that the week I got my Bachelors degree I bought a house 200' from my parents house, loved it out in the country big lake about 1/4 mile away and I could shoot my firearms there! When I got my MBA I decided to go upscale to the cul-de-sac bigger house -but- still surrounded by woods and only 4 miles from my office.I lived (Shaker Square) and worked (CMHA on W. 25th) and went to law school (Cleveland-Marshall) in Cleveland for 3 years. Then moved back to Akron area. But now, where I sit is literally about 5 blocks from where I was born.
I do still miss the old neighborhood but don't tell my wife.

Wow 5 blocks, I almost did that the week I got my Bachelors degree I bought a house 200' from my parents house, loved it out in the country big lake about 1/4 mile away and I could shoot my firearms there! When I got my MBA I decided to go upscale to the cul-de-sac bigger house -but- still surrounded by woods and only 4 miles from my office.
I do still miss the old neighborhood but don't tell my wife.

In my case, what I mean is that my office is only about 5 blocks from the hospital in which I was born (not the house where I grew up...that is about 6.5 miles from where I live.)
-
Dover, Ohio
-
Dayton Ohio! Tipp city to be exact
-
Hiram. Summer home of the Cleveland Browns for many many years.
Now: Louisiana
...And Mary's in Lisbon...Fattest Pie you'll ever put your lips to!!!
Hiram. Summer home of the Cleveland Browns for many many years.
Now: Louisiana
...And Mary's in Lisbon...Fattest Pie you'll ever put your lips to!!!
Mary's is fantastic Pizza, the pizza equivalent of another Lisbon Staple: Steel Trolley Diner, home to some of the best burgers created by man.
-
Good Pizza?:
My good friend's place: Trecaso's on Highland Square in Akron. He also runs Mary Coyle Ice Cream Parlor out of the same location.
Pizza and ice cream. Now you know why my blood sugar is high.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login