Skip to content

Roll Call

The Browns Board
206 62 9.2k 1
  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    Airforce baby born in Savannah Georgia and then moved to Forth Worth....but, basically, grew up in Cleveland Heights....and now, 25 years in Painesville Township.....

  • @browns149 said:

    Born in the old Berea hospital. Lived in Sheffield, Cleveland, North Olmsted, Lakewood, Fairview Park, and Parma.

    I guess I'm a westsider

    Cool, got any pink flamingos?
    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Cool, got any pink flamingos?

    Hey my one aunt and uncle and kids lived in Parma (before moving to CAL and later Tampa), many childhood memories there!

    And pink flamingos, never could get that but thanks to our childhood leader Ghoulardi's influence they still live on......I guess are there really any still left there?

  • I rarely post due to not having much to say but I'm on here every night reading! I'm from Ashland, KY.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @kybrowns said:

    I rarely post due to not having much to say but I'm on here every night reading! I'm from Ashland, KY.

    Some friends of mine used to go to some kind of film festival in Ashland. Years ago. Do you have recollection of such a thing?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Great participation. Thanks to all. In fact, I think we can take this a little further....and do sort of a "Roots" thing with it, and state your geographical lineage. I will go first:

    Father: Born in Bowling Green KY, grew up partly there and partly Barberton Oh. WWII Vet

    Mother: Born Cobh, County Cork Ireland, raised in Gillingham England and on Malta. War Bride

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Wow these could get interesting or complicated:

    Dad: Born just outside of Niles, OH where I grew up, NAVY WWII Veteran European and WestPac put his 10 years in 1940-49 and out. But uncle Sam called him back because he was the chief electrician on BB-62 the New Jersey for Korea. I was born in 1950 when he was over there.

    Mom: Born in Cleveland, moved around some but settled in the Niles area.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    Dad: born and raised in Cleveland, went to West Tech high school

    Mom: also born and raised in Cleveland, went to West High

  • @browns149 said:

    Born in the old Berea hospital. Lived in Sheffield, Cleveland, North Olmsted, Lakewood, Fairview Park, and Parma.

    I guess I'm a westsider

    Cool, got any pink flamingos?
    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Cool, got any pink flamingos?

    not yet. I do have a chrome ball on a stand in the back garden
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Another interesting thread with questions like where are you from/live now? Where did you go to school?  Favorite things to do?  Favorite pizza and whatever else.

    I am from Niles live in Boardman, went to Niles McKinley '68, retired sports bum, and Wedgewood Pizza of course.  Plus GO BROWNS and INDIANS of course.

  • Dayton Ohio by way of East Cleveland Benedictine- did you notice our guy Jerome Baker (LB) in the last OSU game? Our two more famous alums Tom Weiskoff and Chuck Noll.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Dayton Ohio by way of East Cleveland Benedictine- did you notice our guy Jerome Baker (LB) in the last OSU game? Our two more famous alums Tom Weiskoff and Chuck Noll.

    MJ drug this back up, but you seem to be the only one actually originally from within the borders of Cleveland proper. 

  • Born in Cleveland.. Living in Kirtland.. Moving back to Cleveland next Friday the 31st.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Born in Cleveland.. Living in Kirtland.. Moving back to Cleveland next Friday the 31st.

    OK, you too.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    A lot of names on this thread...former regulars we have not heard from in a while.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Well I've never been to Cleveland. But I've been to Oklahoma, not Arizona! ?

  • A lot of names on this thread...former regulars we have not heard from in a while.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    A lot of names on this thread...former regulars we have not heard from in a while.

    I noticed that and the BROWNS performance has had a lot to do with that especially the 1-31 skid.  

    Some might be the Guests who pop in from time to time.

  • Here is what we have so far. I am counting both where someone may be from and where they are now (so some of you count double)

    Ohio areas:

    Akron Area: 2

    Columbus area: 2

    Stark County: 4

    Cuyahoga County(Cleveland area): 6

    Youngstown/NE ohio corner: 4

    Dayton area: 1

    Toledo area: 1

    Rural/small town Ohio: 3

    Out of state:

    Chicago/Illinois: 2

    New Jersey: 1

    West Va.: 1

    Texas: 3

    California: 4

    Florida: 2

    Arizona: 1

    Virginia: 1

    Oregon: 1

    Canada: 1

    England: 1

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is what we have so far. I am counting both where someone may be from and where they are now (so some of you count double)

    Ohio areas:

    Akron Area: 2

    Columbus area: 2

    Stark County: 4

    Cuyahoga County(Cleveland area): 6

    Youngstown/NE ohio corner: 4

    Dayton area: 1

    Toledo area: 1

    Rural/small town Ohio: 3

    Out of state:

    Chicago/Illinois: 2

    New Jersey: 1

    West Va.: 1

    Texas: 3

    California: 4

    Florida: 2

    Arizona: 1

    Virginia: 1

    Oregon: 1

    Canada: 1

    England: 1

    Inside of two days had this many where are you from visits.  The BROWNS  fans are from far and wide.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    We could start over again, and ask newbies since 2016 to do the same.  My info has not changed.   Born in Barberton, grew up in Norton, live in Wadsworth.  At one point in my career I had to pay taxes to all 3 cities  plus a couple of others: Doylestown and Smithville, all at the same time.   Lived in Cleveland 3 years during law school. 

  • @nickers said:

    Born in Cleveland.. Living in Kirtland.. Moving back to Cleveland next Friday the 31st.

    OK, you too.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, you too.

    i now live in Concord lol

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, you too.

    i now live in Concord lol

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    i now live in Concord lol

    Once upon a time Diamond Shamrock had their research facility there. Property backed up to I-90. I worked there one summer.

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, you too.

    i now live in Concord lol

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    i now live in Concord lol

    What state 

  • @nickers said:

    i now live in Concord lol

    What state 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    What state 

    Ohio.. , Charlie!

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    Born in Pamplona, studied in Pamplona. 26 and still living and working in Pamplona. Though I may move to a bigger city in the future...