Skip to content

Kessler looking good so far

The Browns Board
56 28 1.7k
  • @unsympathetic said:

    Not bad, but would have still been available in round 5 rather than with our compensatory at the end of 3

    You don't know that for sure. Could always be another team that had him graded as high as us. It's not open book. When it comes to QBs, if you like a guy, take him sooner rather than later. For a third round pick, this guy already looks like at the very least a solid backup with a long career with the ceiling of a decent starter. I'll throw a third at that.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    You don't know that for sure. Could always be another team that had him graded as high as us. It's not open book. When it comes to QBs, if you like a guy, take him sooner rather than later. For a third round pick, this guy already looks like at the very least a solid backup with a long career with the ceiling of a decent starter. I'll throw a third at that.

    Zombo

    I agree Z, Kessler has been a pleasant surprise so far. (Especially after how he non-performed in the preseason) Looks to be better than our other third round qbs Frye and McCoy. Was pretty accurate until the end of the game, I thought the pressure got to him a bit. The Redskins were playing a mile off the ball in full prevent mode, knowing he had to pass. I want to see how he does tossing the deep stuff in bad weather before I get too excited though. Shows decent pocket awareness and is mobile enough most times to not get killed back there when protection breaks down. Even the int wasn't that poorly thrown.

    I posted in another thread I hope we've seen the end of Robert Glass as our starting qb when he heals up (assuming Kessler continues to play 1\2 decent). Though if Kessler had Griffin's arm, he wouldn't have lasted until the 3rd round.

  • I also thought he threw a beautiful long ball that was incomplete because the rookie receiver slowed down while trying to locate football.

  • @baconhound said:

    Kessler has been ok. Hasn't looked great or terrible.

    HE has not been our worse problem.

    @the-gipper said:

    HE has not been our worse problem.

    No he hasn't

  • I also thought he threw a beautiful long ball that was incomplete because the rookie receiver slowed down while trying to locate football.

    @browns_fucking_rule said:

    I also thought he threw a beautiful long ball that was incomplete because the rookie receiver slowed down while trying to locate football.

    you are correct, Louis should have caught that ball for sure. He worked to close to the sideline
  • What's the over/under on Mingo having a pick 6, 3 sacks, or something else incredible on Kessler? LOL.

  • What's the over/under on Mingo having a pick 6, 3 sacks, or something else incredible on Kessler? LOL.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    What's the over/under on Mingo having a pick 6, 3 sacks, or something else incredible on Kessler? LOL.

    0 - 0

  • @mudfly said:

    tell it to cal...have never once mentioned Wentz.....

    though, now that Ive been tossed into the wentz ring, his team having enough faith to trade their starter and insert him as starter in game one is a LOT different than actually being 3rd string on day one and having your coaches choose to start 2 other guys ahead of you.....

    The Eagles entire plan was to tank, just like us (even though you don't like it). It didn't work out that way, but this had NOTHING to do with "faith" in Wentz.

    Kessler has not shit the bed and that's good, but he also has not shown "franchise" potential... yet.

    Look at the running attack that he has been the beneficiary of. And when it was eliminated late Kess kinda folded... and that's fine for now. Chalk it up to OJT.

    The game did appear to slow some in his second start... right up to that bad INT he threw behind Pryor... late.

    @wargograw said:

    The Eagles entire plan was to tank, just like us (even though you don't like it). It didn't work out that way, but this had NOTHING to do with "faith" in Wentz.

    They wanted to tank so we get another high pick?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not yet. But that is something a good s & c coach can help him improve.

    When has that ever happened at the pro level?

  • Just another game manager at best.

  • Kessler has not shit the bed and that's good, but he also has not shown "franchise" potential... yet.

    Look at the running attack that he has been the beneficiary of. And when it was eliminated late Kess kinda folded... and that's fine for now. Chalk it up to OJT.

    The game did appear to slow some in his second start... right up to that bad INT he threw behind Pryor... late.

    @wargograw said:

    The Eagles entire plan was to tank, just like us (even though you don't like it). It didn't work out that way, but this had NOTHING to do with "faith" in Wentz.

    They wanted to tank so we get another high pick?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not yet. But that is something a good s & c coach can help him improve.

    When has that ever happened at the pro level?

    @tour2ma said:

    They wanted to tank so we get another high pick?

    High picks aren't just for the first round...

  • "Game manager" is what Tom Brady is to New England, I'll take it

  • i like him better than rg and j.m, as someone else here said i would just name him the starter for the rest of the year,what do we have to lose

  • We get a few wins under his belt and it will come together. I really do think we have a team coming together here and they say the first win is the hardest to get but we are not far off. Take out the first game of the season and we been in every game so far.

  • @tour2ma said:

    They wanted to tank so we get another high pick?

    High picks aren't just for the first round...

    @wargograw said:

    High picks aren't just for the first round...

    uh-huh...

  • @mudfly said:

    I thought Kessler looked better this week....he has definitely improved from his horrid preseason.....I dont see anything like greatness in him, but he wasnt embarrassing either....certainly not all excited about him, but feel he's shown enough quick progress, that Id expect more of the same to come....could become a decent player with time....(though probably not the star #1 we all covet)

    So here is the question we need to ask about the "non-NFL body". Is he the next Drew Brees? Watched that lil old guy bring his team way back to a win the last 5 min. yesterday. Still amazing for a guy that size. Still able to read D's like he wrote the book.

    @texasag1969 said:

    So here is the question we need to ask about the "non-NFL body". Is he the next Drew Brees? Watched that lil old guy bring his team way back to a win the last 5 min. yesterday. Still amazing for a guy that size. Still able to read D's like he wrote the book.

    ....and Brees didn't read Ds like that in his rookie year. I love Kessler's accuracy, poise, work ethic, & willingness to address his own shortcomings. There is a lot to work with in the kid. Personally, at this point, I do not see a dominant college QB for next years draft, so if Kessler continues to progress, why not go heavy on D early next draft?

    Mike

  • @texasag1969 said:

    So here is the question we need to ask about the "non-NFL body". Is he the next Drew Brees? Watched that lil old guy bring his team way back to a win the last 5 min. yesterday. Still amazing for a guy that size. Still able to read D's like he wrote the book.

    ....and Brees didn't read Ds like that in his rookie year. I love Kessler's accuracy, poise, work ethic, & willingness to address his own shortcomings. There is a lot to work with in the kid. Personally, at this point, I do not see a dominant college QB for next years draft, so if Kessler continues to progress, why not go heavy on D early next draft?

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    so if Kessler continues to progress, why not go heavy on D early next draft?

    Mike

    Best post everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

    In fact, why not go heavy D no matter what....if Hue gets 4 WR's.....then Mud should get 4 LB's AND 4 CB's......fair is fair

    Edit.....and sign a few OL in FA......(which should have already happened....but, I digress.......)

  • I think no matter what they will have to address defense. A Myles Garrett plus one other defensive player first round would be damn nice.

  • I like Kessler so far. But I'm going to need to see him stretch the field (if he can).

    Almost everything has been very short passes. Defenses will defend a shorter field on him which will make it more difficult to run.

    Obviously we need to draft defense....but we cannot forget about the OL.

    And WR might still be an issue. Right now it's Pryor or nothing.

  • I like Kessler so far. But I'm going to need to see him stretch the field (if he can).

    Almost everything has been very short passes. Defenses will defend a shorter field on him which will make it more difficult to run.

    Obviously we need to draft defense....but we cannot forget about the OL.

    And WR might still be an issue. Right now it's Pryor or nothing.

    @orion said:

    And WR might still be an issue. Right now it's Pryor or nothing.

    ....we just drafted 4 of em....NO!

    I keep hearing Higgins was a star at camp and Payton & Louis are solid too.....so play em!

    (where is Higgins anyway???)

    And Colemans just got a hand issue, he's not gone forever....no WR's in the draft(repeat repeat)

  • I like Kessler so far. But I'm going to need to see him stretch the field (if he can).

    Almost everything has been very short passes. Defenses will defend a shorter field on him which will make it more difficult to run.

    Obviously we need to draft defense....but we cannot forget about the OL.

    And WR might still be an issue. Right now it's Pryor or nothing.

    @orion said:

    I like Kessler so far. But I'm going to need to see him stretch the field (if he can).

    Almost everything has been very short passes. Defenses will defend a shorter field on him which will make it more difficult to run.

    Obviously we need to draft defense....but we cannot forget about the OL.

    And WR might still be an issue. Right now it's Pryor or nothing.

    I also agree that we cannot forget about OL, but that can be addressed mid draft or later. Get the defensive PLAYMAKERS early.

    Mike

  • @wargograw said:

    High picks aren't just for the first round...

    uh-huh...

    @tour2ma said:

    uh-huh...

    ?

    It's true.