James Davis+Jerome Harrison= Thunder & Lightning?
-
He was considered the thunder at clemson while CJ Spiller was the lightning. That'd be a sick tandem with those two in the backfield.
-
5'11" at 218 is college thunder but pro I'm not too sure and isn't describe as a good interior runner such as a thunder would be. He is described as to able to run over an occasional college defender but thats not gonna translate
Plus 17 bench press reps at the combine isn't someone who is powerful. Not to mention his only 32" vertical which is very low for a back and shows his lack of power in his legs.
-
He's the second coming of a guy we just released that went to Arizona.... and his name is Jason Wright, I know Jennings went in the 7th but in my opinion we are extremely dumb for not picking him. He was in the top 5 people in every singlge workout category, he was also the best performer at the senior bowl, not to mention he was voted the best body (sound gay I know)
His highlights were great, and he does everything well, he is a poor mans Peterson and Jacksonville gets him. I am soooo pissed at this organization.
I agreed with the Alex Mack pick, but not picking Rey in the second was straight stupidity, not taking Jennings in the 6th, wa once again complete and utter stupidity. Im not saying we diddnt pick good players, Im saying we could have done alot better, we couldve snagged a few 1st round sliders and gotten the A++ draft stamp. We had the opportunity to draft better players.
-
He's the second coming of a guy we just released that went to Arizona.... and his name is Jason Wright, I know Jennings went in the 7th but in my opinion we are extremely dumb for not picking him. He was in the top 5 people in every singlge workout category, he was also the best performer at the senior bowl, not to mention he was voted the best body (sound gay I know)
His highlights were great, and he does everything well, he is a poor mans Peterson and Jacksonville gets him. I am soooo pissed at this organization.
I agreed with the Alex Mack pick, but not picking Rey in the second was straight stupidity, not taking Jennings in the 6th, wa once again complete and utter stupidity. Im not saying we diddnt pick good players, Im saying we could have done alot better, we couldve snagged a few 1st round sliders and gotten the A++ draft stamp. We had the opportunity to draft better players.
His highlights were great, and he does everything well, he is a poor mans Peterson and Jacksonville gets him. I am soooo pissed at this organization.
I think that's part of the problem here. Jennings may look like a 2nd round player in highlights, but the league pretty much agreed that he's a borderline draftable player. Rey may have top 10 highlights, but teams that watched the good and the bad thought he was a 2nd round guy.
Clearly, grading guys off of highlights isn't the right way to do things. Ideally, you should watch entire games, keying on a couple players of interest. If not, you should try to find clips like those I linked to in the film room thread: ones that show any play in which the player had an impact, good or bad.
Otherwise, you end up with too rosy a view of these guys. And you miss out on important things, like - according to Charlie Casserly - Jennings' struggles running in between the tackles.
-
He's the second coming of a guy we just released that went to Arizona.... and his name is Jason Wright, I know Jennings went in the 7th but in my opinion we are extremely dumb for not picking him. He was in the top 5 people in every singlge workout category, he was also the best performer at the senior bowl, not to mention he was voted the best body (sound gay I know)
His highlights were great, and he does everything well, he is a poor mans Peterson and Jacksonville gets him. I am soooo pissed at this organization.
I agreed with the Alex Mack pick, but not picking Rey in the second was straight stupidity, not taking Jennings in the 6th, wa once again complete and utter stupidity. Im not saying we diddnt pick good players, Im saying we could have done alot better, we couldve snagged a few 1st round sliders and gotten the A++ draft stamp. We had the opportunity to draft better players.
His highlights were great, and he does everything well, he is a poor mans Peterson and Jacksonville gets him. I am soooo pissed at this organization.
With those big 'ol bookend tackles that the Jags got this weekend along with Manuwie and the possibilty of moving Pashos to guard, Jennings may just do ok! What a line in Jacksonville!
I'm just having fun with you man. I knew you would be one upset guy.
-
He's the second coming of a guy we just released that went to Arizona.... and his name is Jason Wright, I know Jennings went in the 7th but in my opinion we are extremely dumb for not picking him. He was in the top 5 people in every singlge workout category, he was also the best performer at the senior bowl, not to mention he was voted the best body (sound gay I know)
His highlights were great, and he does everything well, he is a poor mans Peterson and Jacksonville gets him. I am soooo pissed at this organization.
I agreed with the Alex Mack pick, but not picking Rey in the second was straight stupidity, not taking Jennings in the 6th, wa once again complete and utter stupidity. Im not saying we diddnt pick good players, Im saying we could have done alot better, we couldve snagged a few 1st round sliders and gotten the A++ draft stamp. We had the opportunity to draft better players.
He's the second coming of a guy we just released that went to Arizona.... and his name is Jason Wright, I know Jennings went in the 7th but in my opinion we are extremely dumb for not picking him. He was in the top 5 people in every singlge workout category, he was also the best performer at the senior bowl, not to mention he was voted the best body (sound gay I know)
His highlights were great, and he does everything well, he is a poor mans Peterson and Jacksonville gets him. I am soooo pissed at this organization.
I agreed with the Alex Mack pick, but not picking Rey in the second was straight stupidity, not taking Jennings in the 6th, wa once again complete and utter stupidity. Im not saying we diddnt pick good players, Im saying we could have done alot better, we couldve snagged a few 1st round sliders and gotten the A++ draft stamp. We had the opportunity to draft better players.
wha-wha-wha-happened?!?
extremely dumb? straight stupidity? complete and utter stupidity? i think stupid might be the operative word for why, friend. might be good players, maybe just not brainy enough for our team's liking. or tough. or selfless. or whatever. only they know why. i feel for ya, it happens to the best of us. you had to expect this from me btw.
cheer up tho, we're gonna be better than we all thought. 
-
He was considered the thunder at clemson while CJ Spiller was the lightning. That'd be a sick tandem with those two in the backfield.
He was considered the thunder at clemson while CJ Spiller was the lightning. That'd be a sick tandem with those two in the backfield.
who had the faster 40 time, Davis or Harrison? Harrison?
-
I think the "thunder" was more a nickname than anything.
Davis isn't a power runner, but he is a inside runner.
He has good vision to see the hole, and is quick and decisive to the hole. While he isn't going to piledrive people and carry them 5 yards, he isn't a weak runner. He runs with a good pad level and can shed tackles.
When I think of Davis, I think of Joseph Addai. They are the same type of back and I honestly think the skill levels are close.
I don't think there are many people who wouldn't want Joseph Addai in their backfield.
In time, I think there won't be many who wouldn't want James Davis lugging the rock.
-
Does this imply that Davis is more of a power back?
-
Does this imply that Davis is more of a power back?
Does this imply that Davis is more of a power back?
yes and no. i think that the big knock on davis is that he doesn't have the speed as other backs do. unfortunately he doesn't have the size like a lendale white, jonathan stewart or even a beanie wells. he is an in-betweener.
-
There is a reason these guys go in the later rounds, history has shown if your style of running doesn't fit the mold of a NFL back then your gonna get killed.
Just like good college qb's can't translate to good nfl qb's.
Some can make the adjustment and some are what they are- 6th round picks
-
Does this imply that Davis is more of a power back?
Does this imply that Davis is more of a power back?
Like I said...think Joseph Addai
-
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f8dc7e
Lowers his shoulder and keeps his feet chopping.
-
I think the "thunder" was more a nickname than anything.
Davis isn't a power runner, but he is a inside runner.
He has good vision to see the hole, and is quick and decisive to the hole. While he isn't going to piledrive people and carry them 5 yards, he isn't a weak runner. He runs with a good pad level and can shed tackles.
When I think of Davis, I think of Joseph Addai. They are the same type of back and I honestly think the skill levels are close.
I don't think there are many people who wouldn't want Joseph Addai in their backfield.
In time, I think there won't be many who wouldn't want James Davis lugging the rock.
I think the "thunder" was more a nickname than anything.
Davis isn't a power runner, but he is a inside runner.
He has good vision to see the hole, and is quick and decisive to the hole. While he isn't going to piledrive people and carry them 5 yards, he isn't a weak runner. He runs with a good pad level and can shed tackles.
When I think of Davis, I think of Joseph Addai. They are the same type of back and I honestly think the skill levels are close.
I don't think there are many people who wouldn't want Joseph Addai in their backfield.
In time, I think there won't be many who wouldn't want James Davis lugging the rock.
Joseph Addia was a first round pick(30th) there skill levels are not even close. Davis may make the team by default but he's a long ways from JA.
-
As has been said a lot this weekend, it'll take 3 years to know how this draft went (maybe sooner with Mack, Robiski, and the NY players).
However, if we really wanted Mack, then the trade down to the Eagles allowing us to pick up Thunder Davis was worth doing, IMHO.
The vid above gets me going about him. Yes, it's a highlight real, but he does seem to break tackles against good competition (not like team who UConn or Liberty would play)- a must in the AFC North. It's nice to be somewhat hopeful about a 6th rounder.
-
As has been said a lot this weekend, it'll take 3 years to know how this draft went (maybe sooner with Mack, Robiski, and the NY players).
However, if we really wanted Mack, then the trade down to the Eagles allowing us to pick up Thunder Davis was worth doing, IMHO.
The vid above gets me going about him. Yes, it's a highlight real, but he does seem to break tackles against good competition (not like team who UConn or Liberty would play)- a must in the AFC North. It's nice to be somewhat hopeful about a 6th rounder.
As has been said a lot this weekend, it'll take 3 years to know how this draft went (maybe sooner with Mack, Robiski, and the NY players).
However, if we really wanted Mack, then the trade down to the Eagles allowing us to pick up Thunder Davis was worth doing, IMHO.
The vid above gets me going about him. Yes, it's a highlight real, but he does seem to break tackles against good competition (not like team who UConn or Liberty would play)- a must in the AFC North. It's nice to be somewhat hopeful about a 6th rounder.
When Davis was interviewed, he was quoted as saying the best part of it was that the Browns are his favorite team.
-
As has been said a lot this weekend, it'll take 3 years to know how this draft went (maybe sooner with Mack, Robiski, and the NY players).
However, if we really wanted Mack, then the trade down to the Eagles allowing us to pick up Thunder Davis was worth doing, IMHO.
The vid above gets me going about him. Yes, it's a highlight real, but he does seem to break tackles against good competition (not like team who UConn or Liberty would play)- a must in the AFC North. It's nice to be somewhat hopeful about a 6th rounder.
When Davis was interviewed, he was quoted as saying the best part of it was that the Browns are his favorite team.
-
Davis was a GREAT pick !
Because, the NFL, when Davis was a junior, in 07, when he had a great year, designated him potentially a 2nd? or at least 3rd round pick.
Like stated above, his much lower numbers weren't his ability, the offense struggle outside of his abilities to run the football.
The exciting thing is, we will finally get to see these players see playing time !
I have always hated the Browns coaches that put rookies on the "not going to play list until I have no choice" list.
that was always stupid.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login