Skip to content

UDFA Signings Thread

The Browns Board
51 23 4.1k
  • Refresh here frequently as they seem to be updating it for all teams, not just NE...

  • Notables so far: QB Chase Daniel (Skins), QB Graham Harrell (Carolina)

  • I'm really surprised that Ogletree didn't drafted. The Cowboys made a smart FA pick up there.

  • I'm really surprised that Ogletree didn't drafted. The Cowboys made a smart FA pick up there.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    I'm really surprised that Ogletree didn't drafted. The Cowboys made a smart FA pick up there.

    He's probably a better prospect than many of the stiffs they drafted today. 🙂

  • We just picked up WR Jordan Norwood (Penn St.)...

  • We just picked up WR Jordan Norwood (Penn St.)...

    mz. said:

    We just picked up WR Jordan Norwood (Penn St.)...

    he is small, he is quick..... he has a huge heart and the best hands u r going to find......

    I just worry about his size, though......

  • Here's what I remember most about Norwood...dude evidently has balls...

  • Here's what I remember most about Norwood...dude evidently has balls...

    mz. said:

    Here's what I remember most about Norwood...dude evidently has balls...

    Yeah, and he came back in not too much later and did well. He made a lot of those types of catches in traffic while taking hits, albeit not quite the magnitude of that one by Mays. I figured he was done after that hit. Norwood won the hands competition at one of the skill showcases in the off-season as well. Hope he does well....

  • Good stuff on Norwood from the Draftguys:

  • Even a Blind Hog finds an acorn once in awhile.

    Mostly 7th round losers.

  • I like Norwood

  • mz. said:

    We just picked up WR Jordan Norwood (Penn St.)...

    he is small, he is quick..... he has a huge heart and the best hands u r going to find......

    I just worry about his size, though......

    @bigbrownsfan said:

    he is small, he is quick..... he has a huge heart and the best hands u r going to find......

    I just worry about his size, though......

    Donnie Avery: 5'11, 183lbs

    Jordan Norwood: 5'11, 179lbs

  • The Raiders got Frantz Joseph. And the Falcons signed Brock Christopher, a guy many of us thought new LB coach Matt Eberflus would bring with him from Mizzou.

  • Good stuff on Norwood from the Draftguys:

    Aloysius said:

    Good stuff on Norwood from the Draftguys:

    Not sure if he'll make the team but regardless, I tend to believe he's more talented than Steptoe right now.

    I could see him being a practice squad guy as a possible replacement for Cribbs as a return man. In case Cribs would get hurt.

  • Obviously the guys who go UDFA are likely to have short, non-memorable careers, but I'm kind of bummed about Ramon Foster going to the Steelers. He was a pretty good OT for the Vols, and was a team leader. Good kid, and I have to hope he does well, even if it's for the enemy.

    Dennis

  • I like Norwood

    @riffer-x said:

    I like Norwood

    Is there any legitimate reason why he wasn't drafted? I thought he would've been gone by the 3rd round.

  • When did Alex Boone turn into an UDFA?

    I mean, I know he wasn't great, but he was considered a solid prospect at Tackle at one point last season. I know he had the DUI or whatever, some mess with the cops and drinking in the last few months.

    I just saw his name on the 49ers list, and totally blanked on his name during the draft. I'm curious I guess.

  • @riffer-x said:

    I like Norwood

    Is there any legitimate reason why he wasn't drafted? I thought he would've been gone by the 3rd round.

    @mr.-t said:

    Is there any legitimate reason why he wasn't drafted? I thought he would've been gone by the 3rd round.

    Scott Wright:

    Jordan Norwood

    Strengths:

    Adequate height...Very quick and agile...Terrific leaper...Runs good routes...Decent ball skills and body control...Has some wiggle...Tough and plays big in traffic...Consistent production...Bunch of experience.

    Weaknesses:

    Does not have the bulk you look for...Small hands...Is not physical and gets pushed around...Isn't a vertical threat...Will not offer much as a blocker...Will drop some balls...Was not a return guy...Limited upside.

    Notes:

    Father, Brian, coached the Nittany Lion secondary and is now the Defensive Coordinator at Baylor...Brother, Gabe, was on the George Mason University basketball team that advanced to the 2006 NCAA Final Four...Started games throughout his college career but worked in a rotation with Derrick Williams and Deon Butler...Solid college player but doesn't necessarily project well to the next level...Doesn't really profile as anything more than a #4 or #5 wideout, at best, in the NFL.

  • Browns added safety Jason Venson from UCF.

  • Found here: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=322205

    Corey Boudreaux, SDSU

    Can't confirm anywhere. Supposedly signed w/Browns.

    I believe he's a Safety.