Skip to content

UDFA Signings Thread

The Browns Board
51 23 4.1k
  • Browns added safety Jason Venson from UCF.

  • Found here: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=322205

    Corey Boudreaux, SDSU

    Can't confirm anywhere. Supposedly signed w/Browns.

    I believe he's a Safety.

  • Found here: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=322205

    Corey Boudreaux, SDSU

    Can't confirm anywhere. Supposedly signed w/Browns.

    I believe he's a Safety.

    @ndneighbor said:

    Found here: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=322205

    The Raider Fan who's post the link links to has the following signature line under his Al Davis banner signature:

    Michael Mitchell=From Ohio to Oakland--The Next Jack Tatum

    I mean, there's no limit to fan delusion...............

  • @ndneighbor said:

    Found here: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=322205

    The Raider Fan who's post the link links to has the following signature line under his Al Davis banner signature:

    Michael Mitchell=From Ohio to Oakland--The Next Jack Tatum

    I mean, there's no limit to fan delusion...............

    mz. said:

    The Raider Fan who's post the link links to has the following signature line under his Al Davis banner signature:

    I mean, there's no limit to fan delusion...............

    Yes. He's delusional. The name came up in a google search before I saw it on your Pats link. Sorry.

  • No sweat 🙂

  • Looks like Curtis Brinkley will someday replace LT in San Diego. That, or he'll find a comfy spot for two years on their practice squad.

  • Looks like Curtis Brinkley will someday replace LT in San Diego. That, or he'll find a comfy spot for two years on their practice squad.

    Aloysius said:

    Looks like Curtis Brinkley will someday replace LT in San Diego. That, or he'll find a comfy spot for two years on their practice squad.

    Yeah? Well, at least he has a cool, original nickname ("Boonah") instead of something weak and totally stolen from Lawrence Taylor...

  • The guys at theOBR are reporting that the Browns have been in contact with Graham Harrell.

  • According to the link mz the pussy. posted, we have nabbed these guys:

    WR Jordan Norwood (Penn St.)

    S Jason Venson (UCF)

    OG Marlon Davis (Alabama)

    DB Corey Boudreaux (SDSU)

    QB Graham Harrel (Texas Tech) (Tryout for Contract)

    Also, Brian Hoyer signed with the Pats. I am happy for him, he is a really nice guy and smart too.

  • I thought Harrell signed with Carolina??? I dunno.....

  • Who we have so far.

    Browns

    WR Jordan Norwood (Penn St.)

    S Jason Venson (UCF)

    OG Marlon Davis (Alabama)

    DB Corey Boudreaux (SDSU)

    WR Brent Casteel (Utah)

    p Chris Lynch (Albany)

  • I thought Harrell signed with Carolina??? I dunno.....

    mz. said:

    I thought Harrell signed with Carolina??? I dunno.....

    Cowboys

  • It's being reported in the local paper that we are supposed to sign and bring into camp DL Adam Hoppel from Cincinnati. He's a local boy from where I live and he was a beast in high school.. I like the pick up.

  • Just for the people who care: here is a list of the undrafted rookies. I think that there are some guys like Bennett, Casillas and Parrish are all guys that could contribute. I am not saying will start, but they could be decednt role players.

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/ins...%3fid%3d4103469

    These players might not have been drafted, but they still could find their way onto an NFL roster. Here's a look at the top 20 undrafted players:

    1. Michael Bennett, DE, Texas A&M

    Bennett is our highest-ranked free agent still available at this point. His ability to hold up against the run makes him a solid value as a five-technique in 3-4 defensive front.

    2. Gerald Cadogan, OT, Penn State

    Although Cadogan isn't dominant in any one area, he does possess the size and strength to come into camp and compete for a backup role.

    3. C.J. Spillman, DS, Marshall

    Spillman's lack of fluidity brings up concerns about his overall range. However, he possesses strong football intelligence and is a reliable open-field tackler.

    4. Augustus Parrish, OT, Kent State

    A lack of overall athleticism may make Parrish more suited for the guard position. We feel he plays with adequate leverage and has the toughness to potentially add depth to the offensive line.

    5. Emanuel Cook, DS, South Carolina

    There are concerns about Cook's ability to hold up in man coverage and in center field. Still, his overall range in run support makes a case for him to potentially develop into a sub-package run-defender and special teams contributor.

    6. Darry Beckwith, ILB, LSU

    Beckwith brings strong overall instincts and a physical attitude when defending the run on the interior. At the very least, he should get a chance to compete for a backup role.

    7. Jonathan Casillas, OLB, Wisconsin

    Casillas is undersized at 228 pounds, but he has a great blend of instincts, fluidity and range. In addition, he can bring added value as a special teams contributor.

    8. Brian Hoyer, QB, Michigan State

    Hoyer admittedly needs to take better care of the ball at times. Still, we believe he is underrated thanks in large part to a mediocre receiving corps. Teams willing to take the time could make him into a valuable backup.

    9. Mitch King, DT, Iowa

    King is a bit of a tweener who is going to have problems finding a true niche in the NFL. That said, he may have the potential to develop into a versatile reserve.

    10. Cornelius Lewis, OT, Tennessee State

    Lewis has excellent size, but one of the reasons he may not have been drafted is due to his lack of agility. That said, we believe he can develop into an effective guard, if he doesn't work out at the tackle position.

  • I was watching this right before the draft. I basically said whoever got this guy was going to have a great WR! This guy is the shit when it comes to hands. It is unreal we got him. I think he will come out and be someone great. watch this

    4:50 in is when he did the perfect run!!

    Check those hands!

  • I was watching this right before the draft. I basically said whoever got this guy was going to have a great WR! This guy is the shit when it comes to hands. It is unreal we got him. I think he will come out and be someone great. watch this

    4:50 in is when he did the perfect run!!

    Check those hands!

    @tru-status said:

    I was watching this right before the draft. I basically said whoever got this guy was going to have a great WR! This guy is the shit when it comes to hands. It is unreal we got him. I think he will come out and be someone great.

    4:50 in is when he did the perfect run!!

    Check those hands!

    Wow...he makes catching look easy. The anti-BE.

  • happy to see norwood.......that vid says it all......

  • The video on Norwood is nice, but guys go UDFA for a reason; for every Josh Cribbs there's, well, every other UDFA the team has signed over the last ten years. Besides, if skills competitions were accurate demonstrations of a player's potential--as opposed to nice entertainment when the games aren't being played--one would expect to see Craig Hodges somewhere in the NBA's all-time top ten in scoring.

    Dennis

  • Thats very true, but to see him go against Nicks pick #29 and do well, tells me if he was 2 inches taller he would have been drafted higher. This kid is good.

  • Don't get the skills competition analogy. Most people agree that play during the practices of senior all star games is a fairly good predictor of NFL success.

    Norwood's rail thin and lacks deep speed (4.58 40), but he could develop into a decent slot receiver. And from how well he comes off in the interview, you can tell that he's a Mangini type.

    Two more UDFA's have been added: safety Nate Ness (Arizona) and d-lineman Adam Hoppel (Cincinnati). Maybe AZBrowns can give us the inside scoop on Ness.