Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Barber Shop Talk
  3. Lost my cat :(

Lost my cat :(

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Barber Shop Talk
33 Posts 10 Posters 2.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 9k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #1

    I was out of town last night and balling my eyes out because when I got back my dog was there but my cat that usually greets me at the door too was nowhere to be found.

    I got him as a baby and he was abandoned by his mother along with the rest of his litter, he was bottle fed and cured of all kinds of parasites that he had. He was a sick palm sized kitten basically. He is the most dog like social cat ever though now - I think due to the fact thay he was basically raised by humans since the beginning

    Anyway I come home today after being gone all night and I can't find him. Roommate or roommate's brother inadvertently let him out or he slipped out, whatever.

    Not that he hasn't been out before but typically I call his name and he's back in a flash.

    This time, however, nothing. Scoured the whole neighborhood and he's not anywhere.

    I just had to vent because he's one of the #1 things I care about and I can't find him and I'm so sad right now. Have to call all the animal shelters tomorrow.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
      • 28k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Believe it or not they say putting out the cat's litter box can draw them back. They can smell their scent up to two miles away. Give it a try.

      "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 9k Posts
        • 1k Reputation
        bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Good idea, just put it out and sprinkled some of it around

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
          • 15k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
          #4

          My cat is sometimes out for literal months at a time and always finds her way home. Cats are survivors.

          Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
            • 15k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I just brought my cat inside the other day. She's been out since may. I had to trick her and put a food bowl inside and wait behind the door to slam it on her.

            Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Hope you get her back

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 9k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I live in blue-haired hippy town though and he's a real friendly people cat, I could see some blue-haired liberal arts punk seeing him and saying "oh what a super friendly, healthy adult cat - I'm sure he doesn't already have a home let me keep him"

                The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • bbedwardB bbedward

                  I live in blue-haired hippy town though and he's a real friendly people cat, I could see some blue-haired liberal arts punk seeing him and saying "oh what a super friendly, healthy adult cat - I'm sure he doesn't already have a home let me keep him"

                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
                  #8

                  @bbedward said:

                  I live in blue-haired hippy town though and he's a real friendly people cat, I could see some blue-haired liberal arts punk seeing him and saying "oh what a super friendly, healthy adult cat - I'm sure he doesn't already have a home let me keep him"

                  Uhmm, blue hairs are what is usually meant by really old women in like nursing homes. Do you live in a nursing home?

                  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blue%20hair

                  bbedwardB 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • The GipperT The Gipper

                    @bbedward said:

                    I live in blue-haired hippy town though and he's a real friendly people cat, I could see some blue-haired liberal arts punk seeing him and saying "oh what a super friendly, healthy adult cat - I'm sure he doesn't already have a home let me keep him"

                    Uhmm, blue hairs are what is usually meant by really old women in like nursing homes. Do you live in a nursing home?

                    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blue%20hair

                    bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 9k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @the-gipper said:

                    Uhmm, blue hairs are what is usually meant by really old women in like nursing homes. Do you live in a nursing home?

                    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blue%20hair

                    Meant more like this

                    Screen-Shot-2015-10-28-at-15.17.201.png

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                      • 15k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
                      #10

                      Or they'll post a pic on Facebook no one will respond to it then they'll take him to a shelter, when if they just left him alone chances are hed find his way back.

                      Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 9k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=969060893200323&id=600400863399663

                        There's a post there if anybody on here wants to share it to their own Facebook timeline

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 9k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I have to have at least 50 flyers all around the immediate area I've gotten calls from people just to tell me they're looking.

                          I doubt he'd go very far so I'd think somebody would have to see one of them if they took him.

                          I'll be stopping at the local shelter tomorrow and faxing the information to every vet/shelter in the area that I can't stop in myself. Already hit some of the local ones here in Lakewood

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                            • 57k Posts
                            • 4k Reputation
                            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Good luck

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 9k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Somebody saw him having a party yesterday evening like 5 houses down, so that's good news at least

                              Going to go out around 2am and try to draw him out

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 9k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Found my cat 🙂

                                Got a report that someone saw him yesterday on the other side of the street. I went over in that direction around 8pm calling him and couldn't hear anything.

                                Decided I was gonna go out around midnight when it was quiet and dark. Once I crossed the train tracks (like 7 houses down) I heard meowing from some bushes across the street. Went over and that bastard jumped right out and followed me all the way home.

                                mjp28M 1 Reply Last reply
                                👍
                                Quote Reply
                                • gftChris gftChrisG
                                  • 13k Posts
                                  • 428 Reputation
                                  gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Glad you found him again. Lost pets suck. My parents lost one of their (two) cats last year - went missing from about early december, and turned up again looking emaciated and bedraggled but otherwise in good health about two months later.

                                  Also, I recently watched Keanu (key and peele film) on a flight, and since your guy turned up, I feel less bad about suggesting you go undercover as a gangster to find him. Surprisingly excellent film.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • One Post One PostO
                                    • 4k Posts
                                    • 284 Reputation
                                    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Good deal bbedward. You're lucky the Chinese restaurant owners didn't find him first.

                                    https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                      • 57k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Good job.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                        • 28k Posts
                                        • 6k Reputation
                                        DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Glad too hear it. Outdoor cats life span is far less then living indoors.

                                        "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                        T 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 9k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
                                          #20

                                          I do let him out from time to time but generally supervised if I'm out grilling or something he'll be out there sunbathing

                                          It's just not really the neighborhood for an indoor/outdoor cat IMO

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate