So....who gets cut??
-
I think the 19 above is a good start, but have a few comments.
Regarding Fraley, couldn't Steinbach and Hadnot be the backups at C while still being starting Gs? I know Steinbach is thought of as a backup at T, but am I right in thinking that he would be a backup C as well? If Mack starts day 1, then that would enable you to cut Fraley - Steinbach would be able to handle the mentoring thing as well assist in line calls. I can't imagine a new coach who is trying to turn over his roster keeping a backup o-lineman (and a tired old vet to boot) that can play only one position.
Also, if steptoe is cut, then who is the backup kick returner?
-
the less intelligent ones:
Beau Bell
Lawrence Vickers
Kamerian Wimbley
Beau Bell
Lawrence Vickers
Kamerian Wimbley
Holy shit was this post stupid...
-
@inspecta said:
We gave lewis a 6 million roster bonus in march, he's not going anywhere this year.Looks like you put your thinking cap on and figured out how that kind of thing works. Nice job inspecta.
-
the less intelligent ones:
Beau Bell
Lawrence Vickers
Kamerian Wimbley
the less intelligent ones:
Beau Bell
Lawrence Vickers
Kamerian Wimbley
What?! Vickers was a pro bowl alternate and they have nobody to really replace Wimbley yet.
-
QB Richard Bartel
RB Marcus Thomas
RB Patrick Allen
WR Ellis Devale
WR Donte Stallworth
WR Steve Sanders
OL Kurt Quarterman
DL Melila Purcell
LB Titus Brown
LB David Holloway
LB Leon Williams
DB Hazma Abdullah
Take your pick.
QB Richard Bartel
RB Marcus Thomas
RB Patrick Allen
WR Ellis Devale
WR Donte Stallworth
WR Steve Sanders
OL Kurt Quarterman
DL Melila Purcell
LB Titus Brown
LB David Holloway
LB Leon Williams
DB Hazma Abdullah
Take your pick.
Not just to pick you out, but were all of these guys active last year??
I don't think we can cut off practice squad players and expect to arrive at the number.
Just thinking out loud here.
-
@shepwrite said:
Lewis is in another contract year. I expect him to come in buff and hungry, looking to squeeze out one last deal. A lot of his fall off last year can be blamed on Fraley, who got bitched all year long. Mack and hopefully Tucker make this a power running team again.The more I think about it, the more this situation is perfect for Quinn. He's going to have a nice set of receivers, a terrific line, and a hungry Jamal Lewis.
It does add up for Quinn....I will assume he is the guy.
I think as much that went wrong last season might go our way this season.
We might be much better than people think...and face it, Mangini has to be a better game coach...that will have to add something towards possibly pulling out a extra game or two.
-
@inspecta said:
Ahhh even the most cynical of us are now optimistic. I just hope the national media stays cynical when it comes to us. We seem to do our best when everybody has counted us out.Kind of like opening day in baseball......you are tied for first.

-
Quinn for sure.
The guy's a douche and has yet to figure out how to win the Lombardi from the practice field.
Plus if he starts this year then we have to pay him some money. Can you imagine that? Paying your starting QB money? Who would be stupid enough to do that?
Quinn's a goner, so get ready to see DA continue to "dissect" the defenses of the league.

Quinn for sure.
The guy's a douche and has yet to figure out how to win the Lombardi from the practice field.
Plus if he starts this year then we have to pay him some money. Can you imagine that? Paying your starting QB money? Who would be stupid enough to do that?
Quinn's a goner, so get ready to see DA continue to "dissect" the defenses of the league.

couldn't you have replied with that in the right thread? he was on a tear at 9am, you'd probably be sitting on a big rubber ring right now. he actually showed you a little respect in the reply too. pretty weak i must say but whatever, not my battle.
-
the less intelligent ones:
Beau Bell
Lawrence Vickers
Kamerian Wimbley
HAHA. Let's just let a pro bowl FB who has done a GREAT job, our former 1st round/only pass rush threat walk... RIIIGHT. I'd be shocked to see Bell dropped this early as well. He is cheap and in a position of need.
HAHA. Let's just let a pro bowl FB who has done a GREAT job, our former 1st round/only pass rush threat walk... RIIIGHT. I'd be shocked to see Bell dropped this early as well. He is cheap and in a position of need.
Vickers was barely an alternate and Ali is a better blocker and hitter, and cheaper. great job? i can distinctly recall two drives he singlehandedly killed due to a)lack of intelligence b)me-first atttitude. not the recipe for Mangini core values he has continually listed. Vickers will either be utilized as a hybrid TE utilizing his hands or he's gone. if he has value that's exactly why he'd be traded.
Wimbley and Bell are safe bets for the axe. Bell needs to beat the former Jet "measuring sticks" to make the team and Kam needs to outshine the new hand-picked youth. i don't think they will.
remind me again what predictions you have been right about before? i currently have bets running on Lewis and Edwards, made months ago. put some of your own ideas out there so i can hold you to them, you see sisky's. oh wait, weren't you the b-mac=breakout year guy? where'd that go?
-
Wright signed with Arizona I believe.
We've got Lewis, Harrison, Herron and Davis at RB.
I think Orr and S. Smith are goners for sure.
We might keep Steptoe and get rid of Sanders and Hubbard.
-
I wouldn't be shocked to see Steptoe go before Norwood.
I agree.
If it comes down to someone Mangini brings in and someone Savage brings in, go with the Mangini guy.
It works that way in all walks of life, so football won't be any different.
I haven't seen Steptoe do anything to distinguish himself, so I think he has to be on thin ice.
-
HAHA. Let's just let a pro bowl FB who has done a GREAT job, our former 1st round/only pass rush threat walk... RIIIGHT. I'd be shocked to see Bell dropped this early as well. He is cheap and in a position of need.
Vickers was barely an alternate and Ali is a better blocker and hitter, and cheaper. great job? i can distinctly recall two drives he singlehandedly killed due to a)lack of intelligence b)me-first atttitude. not the recipe for Mangini core values he has continually listed. Vickers will either be utilized as a hybrid TE utilizing his hands or he's gone. if he has value that's exactly why he'd be traded.
Wimbley and Bell are safe bets for the axe. Bell needs to beat the former Jet "measuring sticks" to make the team and Kam needs to outshine the new hand-picked youth. i don't think they will.
remind me again what predictions you have been right about before? i currently have bets running on Lewis and Edwards, made months ago. put some of your own ideas out there so i can hold you to them, you see sisky's. oh wait, weren't you the b-mac=breakout year guy? where'd that go?
Vickers was barely an alternate and Ali is a better blocker and hitter, and cheaper. great job? i can distinctly recall two drives he singlehandedly killed due to a)lack of intelligence b)me-first atttitude. not the recipe for Mangini core values he has continually listed. Vickers will either be utilized as a hybrid TE utilizing his hands or he's gone. if he has value that's exactly why he'd be traded.
Wimbley and Bell are safe bets for the axe. Bell needs to beat the former Jet "measuring sticks" to make the team and Kam needs to outshine the new hand-picked youth. i don't think they will.
remind me again what predictions you have been right about before? i currently have bets running on Lewis and Edwards, made months ago. put some of your own ideas out there so i can hold you to them, you see sisky's. oh wait, weren't you the b-mac=breakout year guy? where'd that go?
Wimbley is not a safe bet for the axe at all. I will say it now, you can pencil him in as starting OLB. The new staff is going to give him a shot. Guys that record 11 sacks as a rookie are going to be given a chance by a new staff. One move or not, he is the only sort of proven pass rusher they have on the roster. They are not going to give the job to a rookie. Plus the guy they drafted fits in in McGinests/Halls spot last season, not Wimbley's.
Bell, he's a crap shoot if he stays or not. My guess, he stays because he plays ST.
-
I agree that Wimbly isn't in a position where the staff is pretty much set of dumping him, but on the other hand i don't think he has anything locked up.
He needs to show up for camp with open ears, open mind, be sharp, and play hard.
-
I agree that Wimbly isn't in a position where the staff is pretty much set of dumping him, but on the other hand i don't think he has anything locked up.
He needs to show up for camp with open ears, open mind, be sharp, and play hard.
I agree that Wimbly isn't in a position where the staff is pretty much set of dumping him, but on the other hand i don't think he has anything locked up.
He needs to show up for camp with open ears, open mind, be sharp, and play hard.
I am kind of expecting he'll do the things you noted he needs to do. Everything I have ever read or seen about him leads me to believe he'll do all those things.
-
I agree that Wimbly isn't in a position where the staff is pretty much set of dumping him, but on the other hand i don't think he has anything locked up.
He needs to show up for camp with open ears, open mind, be sharp, and play hard.
I am kind of expecting he'll do the things you noted he needs to do. Everything I have ever read or seen about him leads me to believe he'll do all those things.
Masters said:
I am kind of expecting he'll do the things you noted he needs to do. Everything I have ever read or seen about him leads me to believe he'll do all those things.This is what....his 4th year??
The career is 1/4 over. This should be the prime for the guy.
Time to step up. No excuses now.
-
Masters said:
I am kind of expecting he'll do the things you noted he needs to do. Everything I have ever read or seen about him leads me to believe he'll do all those things.This is what....his 4th year??
The career is 1/4 over. This should be the prime for the guy.
Time to step up. No excuses now.
-
the less intelligent ones:
Beau Bell
Lawrence Vickers
Kamerian Wimbley
the less intelligent ones:
Beau Bell
Lawrence Vickers
Kamerian Wimbley
Wimbley may have underachieved, but I'll say this straight out- the guy is not stupid.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login