Skip to content

***Official Browns @ Titans Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
123 40 4.5k
  • sydS syd

    poyer lacerated kidney

    @syd said:

    poyer lacerated kidney

    Ouch doesn't sound like he will be playing next week!!
  • Agree on the "Go Browns"...

    While I admire our continuing to fight after failing to convert the 2-pt try, I doubt there's a player on the team that was not crestfallen when it failed. At that point... still down by 9... they knew... I knew... you knew... that we had no shot at winning this game.

    Please explain how kicking the extra point removed the option of Kicking deep when the situation had we converted the 2-pt try still left us a TD behind.

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree on the "Go Browns"...

    While I admire our continuing to fight after failing to convert the 2-pt try, I doubt there's a player on the team that was not crestfallen when it failed. At that point... still down by 9... they knew... I knew... you knew... that we had no shot at winning this game.

    Please explain how kicking the extra point removed the option of Kicking deep when the situation had we converted the 2-pt try still left us a TD behind.

    It doesn't completely, eliminate the option. It just makes it harder because you know even if you get the stop and get the score but then fail the two point conversion you potentially lost a lot of time because you gave them a possession and spent timeouts but still need an onside after the failed conversion. Where as if they got that first two point conversion then they can kick knowing they get a stop and It only takes a touchdown and extra point. I mean in that circumstance you are planning and thinking in the back of your head you won't get the two point conversion which obviously is the wrong line of thinking. I guess in my mind and why I can see why Hue made the decision and I agree with it is because you need a two point conversion so get it as soon as you can. To an extent. I don't like chasing points in the first three quarters.
  • The Poyer hit was damn scary. League wants to stop head hits but that defenders shoulder pad hit Poyer square in the chest, not leaving anywhere else for his helmet to go but head. At that speed, just damn crazy $$..Good Luck, Jordon (contract season too)

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree on the "Go Browns"...

    While I admire our continuing to fight after failing to convert the 2-pt try, I doubt there's a player on the team that was not crestfallen when it failed. At that point... still down by 9... they knew... I knew... you knew... that we had no shot at winning this game.

    Please explain how kicking the extra point removed the option of Kicking deep when the situation had we converted the 2-pt try still left us a TD behind.

    It doesn't completely, eliminate the option. It just makes it harder because you know even if you get the stop and get the score but then fail the two point conversion you potentially lost a lot of time because you gave them a possession and spent timeouts but still need an onside after the failed conversion. Where as if they got that first two point conversion then they can kick knowing they get a stop and It only takes a touchdown and extra point. I mean in that circumstance you are planning and thinking in the back of your head you won't get the two point conversion which obviously is the wrong line of thinking. I guess in my mind and why I can see why Hue made the decision and I agree with it is because you need a two point conversion so get it as soon as you can. To an extent. I don't like chasing points in the first three quarters.

    @bjh2130 said:

    It doesn't completely, eliminate the option. It just makes it harder because you know even if you get the stop and get the score but then fail the two point conversion you potentially lost a lot of time because you gave them a possession and spent timeouts but still need an onside after the failed conversion. Where as if they got that first two point conversion then they can kick knowing they get a stop and It only takes a touchdown and extra point. I mean in that circumstance you are planning and thinking in the back of your head you won't get the two point conversion which obviously is the wrong line of thinking. I guess in my mind and why I can see why Hue made the decision and I agree with it is because you need a two point conversion so get it as soon as you can. To an extent. I don't like chasing points in the first three quarters.

    Stop_sign.gif

  • sydS syd

    poyer lacerated kidney

    @syd said:

    poyer lacerated kidney

    not good....hope he gets better soon...

  • Watching some highlights of what I missed... Ricardo Louis with hands issues?? Gee Whiz, who would have guessed it?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Watching some highlights of what I missed... Ricardo Louis with hands issues?? Gee Whiz, who would have guessed it?

    yep, that's our wonderful analytics dept at their best....NOT....

  • The Poyer hit was damn scary. League wants to stop head hits but that defenders shoulder pad hit Poyer square in the chest, not leaving anywhere else for his helmet to go but head. At that speed, just damn crazy $$..Good Luck, Jordon (contract season too)

    @gumby73 said:

    The Poyer hit was damn scary. League wants to stop head hits but that defenders shoulder pad hit Poyer square in the chest, not leaving anywhere else for his helmet to go but head. At that speed, just damn crazy $$..Good Luck, Jordon (contract season too)

    it sucks as all the improvement he has shown since being a udfa

  • @ghoolie said:

    I am saying FIRE HUE. And what time will prove again? That Ghoolie was CORRECTAMUNDO.

    Hue must go.

    Except Hue didn't cost us shit and you know it, you just don't like him. You might be right but fuck it if he really does suck i'll let him suck for a couple years while our players remain in a constant environment. In a few years reevaluate...sometimes coaches also grow it's part of the game. If he's legitimately a problem in a few years than fire him for someone who's gonna come in and by and large run the same systems. No more scheme changes. Even you have to agree that the Browns are never going to build anything if we're changing schemes every 1-2 years.

  • I agree, and the players seem to love playing for Hue so let's see where this one goes. Give Hue 3 seasons atleast

  • I would just love to know why we can NEVER stop a team from scoring on the first drive of a game. 7 plays 75 yards straight down the field making us look like a joke

  • I would just love to know why we can NEVER stop a team from scoring on the first drive of a game. 7 plays 75 yards straight down the field making us look like a joke

    @medicineman said:

    I would just love to know why we can NEVER stop a team from scoring on the first drive of a game. 7 plays 75 yards straight down the field making us look like a joke

    Um, because we don't have enough high quality players on the DL, LB, S or CB positions.

    As far as when to do the 2 point conversion...one could argue that you HAVE to try it at some point. If you miss it at the end of the game, you lose. If you miss it after the 1st TD then you know what you need to do to Still try and win the game.

  • I get what you are saying Orion, but we should be addressing this in practice and get better at some point. WE ARE NOT AN AWFUL TEAM we do have some decent guys, we just need to find the right fit at the right position. I do see some improvement

  • Medicineman, i don't get ur posts at all.

    In one sentence u say give hue 3 seasons but then wonder why we can't stop a team from scoring.....????

    In other posts u say quit bitching about the draft but then go on to question why there is no good talent on the team...???

    I mean, wtf??

  • Drugs, and beer and weed.

  • still a Browns fan and thanks for reading my posts

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree on the "Go Browns"...

    While I admire our continuing to fight after failing to convert the 2-pt try, I doubt there's a player on the team that was not crestfallen when it failed. At that point... still down by 9... they knew... I knew... you knew... that we had no shot at winning this game.

    Please explain how kicking the extra point removed the option of Kicking deep when the situation had we converted the 2-pt try still left us a TD behind.

    It doesn't completely, eliminate the option. It just makes it harder because you know even if you get the stop and get the score but then fail the two point conversion you potentially lost a lot of time because you gave them a possession and spent timeouts but still need an onside after the failed conversion. Where as if they got that first two point conversion then they can kick knowing they get a stop and It only takes a touchdown and extra point. I mean in that circumstance you are planning and thinking in the back of your head you won't get the two point conversion which obviously is the wrong line of thinking. I guess in my mind and why I can see why Hue made the decision and I agree with it is because you need a two point conversion so get it as soon as you can. To an extent. I don't like chasing points in the first three quarters.

    @bjh2130 said:

    It doesn't completely, eliminate the option.

    Thanks for trying... seriously... I appreciate you took the time. I simply disagree...

    Go Browns...

    @gumby73 said:

    The Poyer hit was damn scary. League wants to stop head hits but that defenders shoulder pad hit Poyer square in the chest, not leaving anywhere else for his helmet to go but head. At that speed, just damn crazy $$..Good Luck, Jordon (contract season too)

    I would love to know what a legal block looks like in that situation. As I said in the Tavern... Punt Return Team ST'ers live for that set up.

    @medicineman said:

    I would just love to know why we can NEVER stop a team from scoring on the first drive of a game. 7 plays 75 yards straight down the field making us look like a joke

    ... and the start of the 2nd half today as well.

    But opening drive scoring is not every week... it just seems that way.

  • To repeat, the choice to go for two was a terrible, terrible coaching decision. Simply put (and to repeat), going for one there instead of two means you only need one onside kick to potentially tie the game as you are 8 points downs. Going for two and not getting it means you need two possessions (and thus two onside kicks) because you are down 9. Again, that is literally coaching 101 and Hue failed the test.

  • Chose to replace my mom's hot water tank instead of watching the game, probably a good decision.

  • To repeat, the choice to go for two was a terrible, terrible coaching decision. Simply put (and to repeat), going for one there instead of two means you only need one onside kick to potentially tie the game as you are 8 points downs. Going for two and not getting it means you need two possessions (and thus two onside kicks) because you are down 9. Again, that is literally coaching 101 and Hue failed the test.

    @jrb12711 said:

    To repeat, the choice to go for two was a terrible, terrible coaching decision. Simply put (and to repeat), going for one there instead of two means you only need one onside kick to potentially tie the game as you are 8 points downs. Going for two and not getting it means you need two possessions (and thus two onside kicks) because you are down 9. Again, that is literally coaching 101 and Hue failed the test.

    Yes, that is what the announcer was saying. However, if you go for two and DO make it, it's a 7 point game. And then

    they just get the onside kick and don't have to go for two, they just kick the extra point and tie the game and go into overtime.

    Without Joe Haden, the already weak secondary was going to get gored.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    To repeat, the choice to go for two was a terrible, terrible coaching decision. Simply put (and to repeat), going for one there instead of two means you only need one onside kick to potentially tie the game as you are 8 points downs. Going for two and not getting it means you need two possessions (and thus two onside kicks) because you are down 9. Again, that is literally coaching 101 and Hue failed the test.

    Yes, that is what the announcer was saying. However, if you go for two and DO make it, it's a 7 point game. And then

    they just get the onside kick and don't have to go for two, they just kick the extra point and tie the game and go into overtime.

    Without Joe Haden, the already weak secondary was going to get gored.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Yes, that is what the announcer was saying. However, if you go for two and DO make it, it's a 7 point game. And then

    they just get the onside kick and don't have to go for two, they just kick the extra point and tie the game and go into overtime.

    Without Joe Haden, the already weak secondary was going to get gored.

    ..yes, that's theoretically how it would have played out. It doesn't change the fact at all that it was a terrible coaching decision for the reasons noted.