Movies You Never Thought You Would Like, But...
-
Looking at WSS's review of The Magnificent Seven... a movie I had hopes for, but was apprehensive about... led me to think of another "western" I knew I was going to hate, but ended up liking more than a little, Cowboys & Aliens. The reasons for my pre-viewing slant were pretty clear: ludicrous title, long history of "this vs. that" time-wasters, e.g., Alien Vs. Predator, etc. However, during the viewing I found myself enjoying it and ultimately liking it.
Other times it is harder to know why I had made up my mind before viewing a given flick. I can think of no better example of this than The Right Stuff. I've no idea why I had no interest in seeing this, but I had no interest whatsoever. When I finally watched it on HBO it joined Tour's Top Ten* immediately. I hope it comes back to the "big screen" someday.
I have the feeling I am not alone here...
===========================================================================
* Note: It is not uncommon to have 20 or more entries in the various Tour's Top Ten lists...
-
White Chicks
My statement after seeing that movie was: "It was funnier than it had the right to be".
-
Strange Brew Bob and Doug McKenzie.
WSS
-
Pitch Perfect. Though that may be Anna Kendrick related.
-
Click. Kate Beckinsale was so freaking hot.
-
Psycho with Vince Vaughn.
WSS
-
Psycho with Vince Vaughn.
WSS
Never seen that I'll check it out.Psycho with Vince Vaughn.
WSS
-
I would love a back tattoo of the Bates motel with the house in the background. I'd like the old woman in the window too. The kicker would be to have some cars I've owned over the years parked at the hotel. Of course my '72 roadrunner would be in it I wish I would've hung on to that car it's worth a lot now.
-
A Beautiful Mind but now it is my favorite movie or one of them!
-
Psycho with Vince Vaughn.
WSS
Psycho with Vince Vaughn.
Certainly qualifies as I movie I'd expect to hate.
A Beautiful Mind but now it is my favorite movie or one of them!
Not sure it's one of my top movies, but I do have a weakness for ones that go into the workings of a mind and do it well. A Beautiful Mind certainly qualifies. Pollock is another.
-
Krampus, sometimes we take the world too seriously
-
"World on a wire"...... The original matrix. I had never heard of it and man is it fucking mind blowing......
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login