I HATE RAY HORTON
-
This thread needs revived. We need Horton gone. The defensive problems this team has are far far beyond just having young, unproven talent.
The defensive schemes are atrocious. The tackling is atrocious. Players are absolutely confused about what their assignments are. There is some seriously pathetic coaching going on. How can Horton last?
-
I totally agree Gip. I think its time to promote someone and get rid of this waste of a scheme. And note that I use the word scheme quite loosely here. Get a DC who wants to be down there and on the field like a real DC should be (especially when the HC is not a defensive guy) and knows how to find the passion in these men. Horton isn't putting anyone in position to be successful with this read and react bs of a defense. We need to let the wolves off of their leashes and attack. How could it possibly be much worse?
-
Screw Jim Oneil all his fault we can't pressure the QB
So I read this and just laughed and laughed.....
Just went back and read a bunch of old threads, with all the ranting about Oneills "scheme" and how the coaches made this D so bad by mis using players and having a bad scheme etc.....one poster(Cal) said the team would be 4 games better just by switching coaches......haaaaaaaaaahahahaha.....
After giving up on the battle, trying to convince the lynch mob that talent was the answer(not coaching), I posted......"I cant wait till they fire Oneill and when the new defensive coordinator still cant stop the run or win a game cause he has shit players, then ya'll can start blaming the new coach"...
And it didnt take long(at all)......(or course most of those people are completely awol right now.....and I also notice the board has zero chatter about "good" stuff, up and coming players, general sunshine pumping, great plays, etc.......why?......
So, which is it??......Horton sucks? Oneill sucks? the players suck?......all of the above?.......or blame it on Who?......anyone?
Haaaaaaaaaahahahaha....... it's so bad, it's become funny......
So I read this and just laughed and laughed.....
Just went back and read a bunch of old threads, with all the ranting about Oneills "scheme" and how the coaches made this D so bad by mis using players and having a bad scheme etc.....one poster(Cal) said the team would be 4 games better just by switching coaches......haaaaaaaaaahahahaha.....
After giving up on the battle, trying to convince the lynch mob that talent was the answer(not coaching), I posted......"I cant wait till they fire Oneill and when the new defensive coordinator still cant stop the run or win a game cause he has shit players, then ya'll can start blaming the new coach"...
And it didnt take long(at all)......(or course most of those people are completely awol right now.....and I also notice the board has zero chatter about "good" stuff, up and coming players, general sunshine pumping, great plays, etc.......why?......
So, which is it??......Horton sucks? Oneill sucks? the players suck?......all of the above?.......or blame it on Who?......anyone?
Haaaaaaaaaahahahaha....... it's so bad, it's become funny......
Eh, I'm not sure if we can't eliminate the variable that both guys just suck equally. Before you go crazy on me, I get the players blow really, really, bad. There's no way in hell any DC in the league could have this unit better than bottom three, and I get that. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean the DC doesn't suck too. I have never gotten the Horton buzz, the dude has had an mediocre track record and more often than not team defense doesn't hurt after he gets the boot. I get the guy may have the mind for it but I just don't see it playing out on paper. There's so many times when I just think to myself "why would you possibly put guys in that position?" I can literally call the play the offense is going to run and yep, there's the gainer.
Again, I get it and I always clamored the same speech for O'Neil at the time too. But just because players suck doesn't mean the coordinator can't equally suck too. The problem is, unless we get the "organic" candidate no self-respecting DC worth a lick would come here.
-
They need an up and coming college level DC that can grow along side of the youth.
-
Thanks, old friend, but I shit you not... I've really not had to put any effort into it.
Maybe Im just blinded by anger.....and NOW, only great players and wins will get me my sight back...dont know...
I promise, I positively did not choose to lose faith.....or hate what I see.....it just kind of happened on it own......
Maybe Im just blinded by anger.....and NOW, only great players and wins will get me my sight back...dont know...
I promise, I positively did not choose to lose faith.....or hate what I see.....it just kind of happened on it own......
I realize talent is sorely lacking on defense, but that isn't the entire problem. There were two totally blown coverages Sunday that resulted in ridiculously easy TDs for the Cowboys. Three defensive line ups offsides on one series? Someone should have called a timeout and reamed the offending party for being that dumb.
I don't know about losing Faith Mud- but I'm starting to lose Hope that this edition of the Browns has a 2016 win in their future. The Browns have shown a considerable amount of Charity to opposing teams- they're just penciling in a win when they see the Browns on their schedule.
Mud, if you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention. I've said some things I really regret, and I've had my fair share of posts that I went back and deleted. I wouldn't mind the losing if we didn't keep inventing new ways to lose. The Jets loss was the worst, as we started the season with our first 5-7 on the road, and I was REALLY hoping for the team to give the home crowd JUST ONE DAMN WIN. But as I saw us with a nice halftime lead, I sat back in my chair and knew what was coming. We all did.
Our defense is terrible and lacks PLAYMAKERS. We were in deep trouble when we lost Boddy-Calhoun on the Jets' 3rd play of the game. We didn't have anybody in the second half make a play. Nobody stopped the bleeding. Nobody stepped up and took it upon themselves to be the leader. Perhaps Jamie Collins is the guy we need to help things move along. I've been saying for YEARS that I want a middle linebacker that makes plays and can do it all. I BEGGED to find a way to get Luke Kuechly. We needed a badass linebacker, and now we have one. Now, we just have to figure out a way to keep him AND Pryor.Coaching, players, I don't much care anymore who's to blame. All I know is this current Browns product stinks to high heaven. Just when I think they can't possibly suck any worse, they exceed my already low expectations. I hope that Cowboys game was the rock bottom. Don't get out the jackhammers, dynamite and start blasting a crater to China.
-
Yeah, fire Horton because a talentless defense sucks. That will really endear you to potential replacements.
-
No! Fire Horton because he sucks! Not just because the defense is talentless.
-
Screw Jim Oneil all his fault we can't pressure the QB
So I read this and just laughed and laughed.....
Just went back and read a bunch of old threads, with all the ranting about Oneills "scheme" and how the coaches made this D so bad by mis using players and having a bad scheme etc.....one poster(Cal) said the team would be 4 games better just by switching coaches......haaaaaaaaaahahahaha.....
After giving up on the battle, trying to convince the lynch mob that talent was the answer(not coaching), I posted......"I cant wait till they fire Oneill and when the new defensive coordinator still cant stop the run or win a game cause he has shit players, then ya'll can start blaming the new coach"...
And it didnt take long(at all)......(or course most of those people are completely awol right now.....and I also notice the board has zero chatter about "good" stuff, up and coming players, general sunshine pumping, great plays, etc.......why?......
So, which is it??......Horton sucks? Oneill sucks? the players suck?......all of the above?.......or blame it on Who?......anyone?
Haaaaaaaaaahahahaha....... it's so bad, it's become funny......
Funny thing is the Browns are the 2nd worst defense in the NFL only the 49ers are worse and guess who is their defensive coordinatorSo I read this and just laughed and laughed.....
Just went back and read a bunch of old threads, with all the ranting about Oneills "scheme" and how the coaches made this D so bad by mis using players and having a bad scheme etc.....one poster(Cal) said the team would be 4 games better just by switching coaches......haaaaaaaaaahahahaha.....
After giving up on the battle, trying to convince the lynch mob that talent was the answer(not coaching), I posted......"I cant wait till they fire Oneill and when the new defensive coordinator still cant stop the run or win a game cause he has shit players, then ya'll can start blaming the new coach"...
And it didnt take long(at all)......(or course most of those people are completely awol right now.....and I also notice the board has zero chatter about "good" stuff, up and coming players, general sunshine pumping, great plays, etc.......why?......
So, which is it??......Horton sucks? Oneill sucks? the players suck?......all of the above?.......or blame it on Who?......anyone?
Haaaaaaaaaahahahaha....... it's so bad, it's become funny......
-
Funny thing is the Browns are the 2nd worst defense in the NFL only the 49ers are worse and guess who is their defensive coordinatorSo I read this and just laughed and laughed.....
Just went back and read a bunch of old threads, with all the ranting about Oneills "scheme" and how the coaches made this D so bad by mis using players and having a bad scheme etc.....one poster(Cal) said the team would be 4 games better just by switching coaches......haaaaaaaaaahahahaha.....
After giving up on the battle, trying to convince the lynch mob that talent was the answer(not coaching), I posted......"I cant wait till they fire Oneill and when the new defensive coordinator still cant stop the run or win a game cause he has shit players, then ya'll can start blaming the new coach"...
And it didnt take long(at all)......(or course most of those people are completely awol right now.....and I also notice the board has zero chatter about "good" stuff, up and coming players, general sunshine pumping, great plays, etc.......why?......
So, which is it??......Horton sucks? Oneill sucks? the players suck?......all of the above?.......or blame it on Who?......anyone?
Haaaaaaaaaahahahaha....... it's so bad, it's become funny......
Funny thing is the Browns are the 2nd worst defense in the NFL only the 49ers are worse and guess who is their defensive coordinator
LOL! Let me see. An ex Brown DC?

-
This thread needs revived. We need Horton gone. The defensive problems this team has are far far beyond just having young, unproven talent.
The defensive schemes are atrocious. The tackling is atrocious. Players are absolutely confused about what their assignments are. There is some seriously pathetic coaching going on. How can Horton last?
This thread needs revived.
lol... I'll give you a pass this time...

There's so many times when I just think to myself "why would you possibly put guys in that position?" I can literally call the play the offense is going to run and yep, there's the gainer.
I'm no Horton fan from his first stint with us, but shouldn't your criticism in part be aimed at the player on the field responsible for calling adjustments?
I know that player has to be coached up and that goes back to Horton, but it sounds like you are blaming Ray for not being psychic when he undoubtedly is fed down and distance tendencies by the advanced scouts?
We do have advanced scouts, right?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login