Week 10 NCAA FOOTBALL, top 25, games and more, B1G still BIG
-
Gotta beat OSU in Cbus 1st
-
Why is OSU ranked ahead of A&M other than preseason ranking?
-
Why is OSU ranked ahead of A&M other than preseason ranking?
Welcome to a Big Ten fans world when asking about 1 and 2 loss SEC teams the last 5-6 years.
-
Why is OSU ranked ahead of A&M other than preseason ranking?
As an OSU homer, even I have to admit they were ranked way too high at the start. Lost a ton of talent and there would be some learning/growing pains.
I figured they'd get better as the season progressed. That's not the case.
They're re definitely in a funk right now. While it's possible they may win out, I highly doubt that happens.
But to answer your question (lol), maybe they get a pass because of Urban Meyer. You know, even 'Bama got passes due to Saban...even when they lost on their home field in consecutive years, they never fell far in the polls.
-
If you all remember OHIO STATE was rather busy stocking the NFL Draft last year, this is still a pretty young team except for JT and a few others. They will get somewhat better this year and next.
And you see how big Ezekiel Elliott was to this team last year. ....and my FL this year

-
Why is OSU ranked ahead of A&M other than preseason ranking?
First 6 and 7 are close in the AP I believe OSU is lower in other pools. Plus the B1G is still well represented in the top 20 here so obviously the voters here are weighting it that way.
-
Why is OSU ranked ahead of A&M other than preseason ranking?
Welcome to a Big Ten fans world when asking about 1 and 2 loss SEC teams the last 5-6 years.
Welcome to a Big Ten fans world when asking about 1 and 2 loss SEC teams the last 5-6 years.
Did you guys have some dominant wins against the SEC this season or something? Wisconsin narrowly beat LSU in effectively a home game. Any others?
Looking over the full rankings again, I guess I understand it. Three of our ranked wins have now dropped out of the top 25 while Penn State has creeped into it.
-
"SEC Fan" complaining about rankings..... Haha
-
Suck it, all. Ohio State/A&M arguments aside, I think we can all agree Washington hasn't done much yet.
-
Suck it, all. Ohio State/A&M arguments aside, I think we can all agree Washington hasn't done much yet.
Suck it, all. Ohio State/A&M arguments aside, I think we can all agree Washington hasn't done much yet.
I was real flipping drunk last Saturday didn't they just squeak by Utah for a win ? also the pac 12 is really down this year so they could win out except for maybe the apple cup game vs Washington state (rivalry game)
-
-
Suck it, all. Ohio State/A&M arguments aside, I think we can all agree Washington hasn't done much yet.
Suck it, all. Ohio State/A&M arguments aside, I think we can all agree Washington hasn't done much yet.
.....as long as they don't miss the bus to the airport.

-
Suck it, all. Ohio State/A&M arguments aside, I think we can all agree Washington hasn't done much yet.
I was real flipping drunk last Saturday didn't they just squeak by Utah for a win ? also the pac 12 is really down this year so they could win out except for maybe the apple cup game vs Washington state (rivalry game)
I was real flipping drunk last Saturday didn't they just squeak by Utah for a win ? also the pac 12 is really down this year so they could win out except for maybe the apple cup game vs Washington state (rivalry game)
The winning score was a punt return for TD where there were three pretty blatant blocks in the back that went uncalled. Ridiculous.
The Pac 12 is down, but 3 of 4 of Washington's remaining opponents (4 of 5 if they make the PAC 12 championship game) are P5 teams with winning records. USC has as much talent as anyone besides Alabama. Cal loves to sneak up on teams. And the CCG will be difficult.
I see no way Washington wins out.
-
o.k lets play this fichigan wins out untill they play The Buckeyes pediphile state wins out all teams have one loss fich beat the pediphiles they beat us we beat the team from up north,,,so who go's to the champoinship game ?
o.k lets play this fichigan wins out untill they play The Buckeyes pediphile state wins out all teams have one loss fich beat the pediphiles they beat us we beat the team from up north,,,so who go's to the champoinship game ?
Don't know about the B1G but in the SEC it basically ends up coming down to the conference records of the teams they played from the OTHER division. And if that's all equal then it's a coin flip.
-
OSU would make the playoffs.
PSU gets eliminated from the tiebreaker from having a worse overall record. Then OSU gets by Michigan on the head to head...
... or it is the highest CFP Ranking. Which would also be OSU.
-
You can never forget about that SEC bias though...
-
They factor in overall records to determine division champions? That's trash.
SEC bias my ass. I'd bet a ton of money Washington isn't traveling to Tuscaloosa and Auburn and coming out 1-1. Their schedule is a joke. They have one ranked win, and the winning TD on the punt return had 3 blatant blocks in the back that went uncalled.
Don't know why I'm ranting though. Washington will lose a game. Book it. A&M may well do the same, but Washington is more likely to.
-
And btw, OSU could very well move ahead of A&M if both teams win this weekend.
-
Woods, 11-1 Michigan with loss to OSU or 11-1 A&M? That could get interesting.
-
Well we got fucked on a rematch 10 years ago so...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login