Skip to content

Corey Coleman and Cody Kessler back at practice.

The Browns Board
41 16 1.3k
  • If Cody plays, and plays well again, I think we can move the ball. We have to get 7, and not settle for FG's. Conversely, our defense needs to force some FG's, because Dallas is going to move the ball on us. Game might be a touch closer than predicted. Just a hunch.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Game might be a touch closer than predicted. Just a hunch.

    From Poly(anna)tech? 😉

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #7

    It matters not who gets the QB start if we cannot run the ball.

    But, yes, give Kess the nod. Since McC has now healed, RG3 cannot be far behind... and when recalled from IR, he will get the starts again.

  • It matters not who gets the QB start if we cannot run the ball.

    But, yes, give Kess the nod. Since McC has now healed, RG3 cannot be far behind... and when recalled from IR, he will get the starts again.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @tour2ma said:

    It matters not who gets the QB start if we cannot run the ball.

    But, yes, give Kess the nod. Since McC has now healed, RG3 cannot be far behind... and when recalled from IR, he will get the starts again.

    Gotta disagree with you here T, but you're wrong that RG will get the starts........ The 's' indicates plural, and there's no way in hell he can stay healthy for multiple games.......... Hell, maybe not even for multiple quarters. 😉

  • Browns1216B Browns1216 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I really hope Cody gets the start over Josh. I like McCown, but he's hit his ceiling already. Let's see what Kessler can do.

  • I really hope Cody gets the start over Josh. I like McCown, but he's hit his ceiling already. Let's see what Kessler can do.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @browns1216 said:

    I really hope Cody gets the start over Josh. I like McCown, but he's hit his ceiling already. Let's see what Kessler can do.

    Hue Jackson is starting to irritate me a little now. I can tell during his press conferences that he's getting pissed off, and his snarky attitude is coming through. I can't blame the guy, I'm sure I'd be in a lousy mood if my team was 0-8. For example, Cody was cleared to practice fully, yet Hue Jackson refused to name Cody the starter yesterday. It's like...really coach? He said it's, "Way too early to talk about that." Uh......why? Why not say something like, "If Cody is feeling good and practices well, then he'll start." But it comes off as Hue being spiteful and not wanting to give the media ANYTHING.

    I still think Hue Jackson is the right man for the job, but cmon man...just name the kid the starter and quit with the bullshit.

  • McCown managed to lose to a very bad Jets team. 2 ints, 70 something qbr. I've seen enough of Josh. I hope Hue has too.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @hoorta said:

    McCown managed to lose to a very bad Jets team. 2 ints, 70 something qbr. I've seen enough of Josh. I hope Hue has too.

    Maybe im not remembering the game right but werent those two ints, at least one of them, tipped by the receiver? Mccown didnt strike me as the reason they list to the jeys unless ur srsly expecting him to put up 40 pts a game. We scored 28 pts and still lost, surely josh geys some credit for that side of the ball no?

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #12

    And theres nothing kessler is doing right now that josh cant. Id rather wait a game or two si kessler is certain to be 100%. But remember browns fans, kessler could be needed 5 minutes into the 1st quarter cause josh is being stretchered out.

  • @browns1216 said:

    I really hope Cody gets the start over Josh. I like McCown, but he's hit his ceiling already. Let's see what Kessler can do.

    Hue Jackson is starting to irritate me a little now. I can tell during his press conferences that he's getting pissed off, and his snarky attitude is coming through. I can't blame the guy, I'm sure I'd be in a lousy mood if my team was 0-8. For example, Cody was cleared to practice fully, yet Hue Jackson refused to name Cody the starter yesterday. It's like...really coach? He said it's, "Way too early to talk about that." Uh......why? Why not say something like, "If Cody is feeling good and practices well, then he'll start." But it comes off as Hue being spiteful and not wanting to give the media ANYTHING.

    I still think Hue Jackson is the right man for the job, but cmon man...just name the kid the starter and quit with the bullshit.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Hue Jackson is starting to irritate me a little now. I can tell during his press conferences that he's getting pissed off, and his snarky attitude is coming through. I can't blame the guy, I'm sure I'd be in a lousy mood if my team was 0-8. For example, Cody was cleared to practice fully, yet Hue Jackson refused to name Cody the starter yesterday. It's like...really coach? He said it's, "Way too early to talk about that." Uh......why? Why not say something like, "If Cody is feeling good and practices well, then he'll start." But it comes off as Hue being spiteful and not wanting to give the media ANYTHING.

    I still think Hue Jackson is the right man for the job, but cmon man...just name the kid the starter and quit with the bullshit.

    I'm OK with it, as it gives the Cowboys something else to scheme for as Cody and Josh play two different games.......... Treat the media like mushrooms, keep em in the dark and feed em nothing but shit.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I don't want McCown starting if Kessler is healthy! It's counter productive. Is a win going to solve the QB problem of the future? How can we determine who's going to be here for the long run if Josh McCown is in at Quarterback. How is this helping? I personally don't think Kessler has the arm strength or the athleticism to be a starting QB in the NFL and would like for him too prove me wrong. Kessler, Hogan and McCown would be my depth chart. They are 0-8 and not a good team. Play the Rookies now!

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Maybe hue doesn't want to name a starter automatically because he doesn't want the cowboys to plan against one guy.

  • A ahitz3 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    No good feels about this one especially after being at that shitshow of a jets game. This will be our biggest blowout of the year 🙁

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #17

    If Kessler has been medically cleared to play, then I'd like to see him play......because that's what our QB of the future would be expected to do.

    McCown was not the reason that we lost the last game....but he wasn't the reason that we won it either...we could really use a QB that can 'win' the game. I'm certain that it's a little unfair to judge him in that way since he's been out since game two and only had what, three or four days of practice.......but Kessler has been the one playing all this time. And he's been playing ok...and might be improving a little bit. With a 0-7 record, why would you start the old guy at this point?

  • @hoorta said:

    McCown managed to lose to a very bad Jets team. 2 ints, 70 something qbr. I've seen enough of Josh. I hope Hue has too.

    Maybe im not remembering the game right but werent those two ints, at least one of them, tipped by the receiver? Mccown didnt strike me as the reason they list to the jeys unless ur srsly expecting him to put up 40 pts a game. We scored 28 pts and still lost, surely josh geys some credit for that side of the ball no?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    That's right... three is not enough... make them prepare for all four of the QBs they might see... 🙂

    @clevfan4life said:

    Maybe im not remembering the game right but werent those two ints, at least one of them, tipped by the receiver? Mccown didnt strike me as the reason they list to the jeys unless ur srsly expecting him to put up 40 pts a game. We scored 28 pts and still lost, surely josh geys some credit for that side of the ball no?

    The deep pass to Pryor looked overthrown, but Pryor had pulled up with the ball in the air. The short pass to Duke on a quick post trailing off a stack was late. The ball arrived the same time as the Safety and was popped back towards the line.

    Josh played well for a QB that had been out a few weeks. He certainly gave us our best chance to win vs. Jets. Same is probably true this week, but the QB decision is closer... much closer than the game is likely to be.

  • I really hope Cody gets the start over Josh. I like McCown, but he's hit his ceiling already. Let's see what Kessler can do.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @browns1216 said:

    I really hope Cody gets the start over Josh. I like McCown, but he's hit his ceiling already. Let's see what Kessler can do.

    shit man I would rather see Kevin Hogan play over josh at this point in the season

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #20

    Great, Cam will be there right after getting turn-styled to help pick up Cody off his ass in pocket. And now Shon Coleman & Durango can get sent out wide to watch Coleman get blasted on a inside slant. Not in time for a block but, damn we'll get there to pick you up..Is this by chance called the Avis package or Hertz?

  • It matters not who gets the QB start if we cannot run the ball.

    But, yes, give Kess the nod. Since McC has now healed, RG3 cannot be far behind... and when recalled from IR, he will get the starts again.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @tour2ma said:

    It matters not who gets the QB start if we cannot run the ball.

    But, yes, give Kess the nod. Since McC has now healed, RG3 cannot be far behind... and when recalled from IR, he will get the starts again.

    Tour- I'm done with McCown- I'm even more done with Griffin. Hue trots that loser out there- to quote Ghoolie- it will punch his ticket out of town.

    @stillmotion said:

    Maybe hue doesn't want to name a starter automatically because he doesn't want the cowboys to plan against one guy.

    Like it will matter?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Please don't quote Ghoolie...

  • Please don't quote Ghoolie...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tour2ma said:

    Please don't quote Ghoolie...

    But I already miss him. NOT!!!

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I can still see the Pryor bomb play in my head. I jumped out of my chair and clenched my drink so hard I crumpled the can in anticipation of the crowd going crazy for a deep TD...

    After that incompletion, I knew the game was over. Apparently Pryor said he didn't "open up" or something, and said it was his fault. I didn't watch the play again because I was busy cursing.

  • I can still see the Pryor bomb play in my head. I jumped out of my chair and clenched my drink so hard I crumpled the can in anticipation of the crowd going crazy for a deep TD...

    After that incompletion, I knew the game was over. Apparently Pryor said he didn't "open up" or something, and said it was his fault. I didn't watch the play again because I was busy cursing.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @jiggins7919 said:

    ... I crumpled the can ...

    Once upon a time that was a feat...