Skip to content

Sashi's Real Plan (supposedly)

The Browns Board
96 35 4.3k
  • I really don't know why the Browns would tank, do they want to be the first team in NFL history to select 2 top 10 busts in the same year?

  • This isn't the movie Major League or The Natural. The Browns are going 0-16 because of their last three drafts! We still need a quarterback and we need the first pick!

  • Like the Browns have to tank to lose.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    We'll get the first pick and trade it for a shit load of 2nd and 3rd rounders...........

    This scenario is what I fear the most.

    @canton-dawg said:

    This scenario is what I fear the most.

    I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.

    Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?

    Screw trading down.

  • I wish someone would Men In Black Flashy Thingie me, and tell me I was never a Browns fan and have never even liked the NFL.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    This scenario is what I fear the most.

    I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.

    Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?

    Screw trading down.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.

    Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?

    Screw trading down.

    Do you mean so we can get 'better' players instead of backups and special teamers?

    Blasphemy!

    ...how are you ballpeen? It's me, aka VetteDawg...

  • Not to change the topic but are any of you watching the Raiders/Broncos? Raiders punter just pinned them down inside the 5 and was celebrating "ridein the Pony" and no flag at all. I am still pissed about the bullshit call on Pryor for throwing the ball to the ref and the no good worthless cocksucker pos called it taunting. I hope he dies in a single car accident BLAH. 🙂

  • And yes Ballpeen!!! I haven't seen you in a bit, How you doing?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    This scenario is what I fear the most.

    I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.

    Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?

    Screw trading down.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.

    Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?

    Screw trading down.

    @medicineman said:

    And yes Ballpeen!!! I haven't seen you in a bit, How you doing?

    Agreed- 'Peen- missed seeing you at the Tailgate today, and sorry about those 'Gators.

  • I call B.S.

    Even if Hue was told to lose, you think he'd tell his players to purposely lose?

    Do you think McCown would try to lose?

    @stillmotion said:

    Do you think McCown would try to lose?

    doesn't have to try to hard. record speaks for itself.

  • with the missed tackles it is almost like the coaches told our players to go out and lose, it looks way to fixed.

  • The only reason you trade the #1 pick is of there is no blue chip QB. That looks like the case this year.

  • Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

  • Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

    @mudfly said:

    Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

    Never happen. Haslam is in chronic denial.

  • Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

    @mudfly said:

    ...and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it...

    Doesn't Sashi owe us a mid-season, "State-of-the-team" presser?

  • We'll get the first pick and trade it for a shit load of 2nd and 3rd rounders...........

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    We'll get the first pick and trade it for a shit load of 2nd and 3rd rounders...........

    Hopefully.

    WSS

  • Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

    @mudfly said:

    Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

    The plan was to suck ass for year one so I'm not too sure what there is to say to be honest. They maybe didn't expect to suck this badly, but I doubt the brass thought we'd have more than 1-2 wins at this point.

  • Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

    @mudfly said:

    Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

    Oddly enough, didn't see this until after I started my thread. This is interesting insight. But I'm not sure what he expects Sashi to do. Come out and say "we are absolutely tanking this season so we can load up with the top pick in every round next May"? I mean, I wouldn't mind it one bit but everyone knows that's just not how things work.

    I do think they'd have been smart during the offseason to just admit "we're trying to get younger and anyone we can't see being on this team in 2019, we're not going to prioritize." I think people can hear that and feel alright. Straight up admitting you're tanking though, I doubt that would fly (even though it's true).

  • @mudfly said:

    Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

    Oddly enough, didn't see this until after I started my thread. This is interesting insight. But I'm not sure what he expects Sashi to do. Come out and say "we are absolutely tanking this season so we can load up with the top pick in every round next May"? I mean, I wouldn't mind it one bit but everyone knows that's just not how things work.

    I do think they'd have been smart during the offseason to just admit "we're trying to get younger and anyone we can't see being on this team in 2019, we're not going to prioritize." I think people can hear that and feel alright. Straight up admitting you're tanking though, I doubt that would fly (even though it's true).

    @wargograw said:

    Straight up admitting you're tanking though, I doubt that would fly (even though it's true).

    More "true" as a byproduct of the youth approach than as a goal I think.

    If you want to maximize the sifting of players to confirm talent, then you create roster slots by simply clearing out all save the core veterans.

  • I see what you're saying but I think the #1 pick is the goal, not a mere byproduct. No way to really know unless we can get our spy suits on and sneak into Berea though, and it's likely to happen regardless of the intention of course.