Sashi's Real Plan (supposedly)
-
Like the Browns have to tank to lose.
-
We'll get the first pick and trade it for a shit load of 2nd and 3rd rounders...........
This scenario is what I fear the most.
This scenario is what I fear the most.
I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.
Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?
Screw trading down.
-
This scenario is what I fear the most.
I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.
Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?
Screw trading down.
I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.
Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?
Screw trading down.
Do you mean so we can get 'better' players instead of backups and special teamers?
Blasphemy!
...how are you ballpeen? It's me, aka VetteDawg...
-
Not to change the topic but are any of you watching the Raiders/Broncos? Raiders punter just pinned them down inside the 5 and was celebrating "ridein the Pony" and no flag at all. I am still pissed about the bullshit call on Pryor for throwing the ball to the ref and the no good worthless cocksucker pos called it taunting. I hope he dies in a single car accident BLAH.

-
And yes Ballpeen!!! I haven't seen you in a bit, How you doing?
-
This scenario is what I fear the most.
I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.
Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?
Screw trading down.
I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.
Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?
Screw trading down.
And yes Ballpeen!!! I haven't seen you in a bit, How you doing?
Agreed- 'Peen- missed seeing you at the Tailgate today, and sorry about those 'Gators.
-
I call B.S.
Even if Hue was told to lose, you think he'd tell his players to purposely lose?
Do you think McCown would try to lose?
Do you think McCown would try to lose?
doesn't have to try to hard. record speaks for itself.
-
with the missed tackles it is almost like the coaches told our players to go out and lose, it looks way to fixed.
-
The only reason you trade the #1 pick is of there is no blue chip QB. That looks like the case this year.
-
Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....
Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....
But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?
Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....
-
Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....
Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....
But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?
Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....
Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....
Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....
But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?
Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....
Never happen. Haslam is in chronic denial.
-
Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....
Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....
But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?
Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....
-
We'll get the first pick and trade it for a shit load of 2nd and 3rd rounders...........
We'll get the first pick and trade it for a shit load of 2nd and 3rd rounders...........
Hopefully.
WSS
-
Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....
Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....
But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?
Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....
Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....
Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....
But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?
Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....
The plan was to suck ass for year one so I'm not too sure what there is to say to be honest. They maybe didn't expect to suck this badly, but I doubt the brass thought we'd have more than 1-2 wins at this point.
-
Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....
Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....
But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?
Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....
Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....
Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....
But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?
Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....
Oddly enough, didn't see this until after I started my thread. This is interesting insight. But I'm not sure what he expects Sashi to do. Come out and say "we are absolutely tanking this season so we can load up with the top pick in every round next May"? I mean, I wouldn't mind it one bit but everyone knows that's just not how things work.
I do think they'd have been smart during the offseason to just admit "we're trying to get younger and anyone we can't see being on this team in 2019, we're not going to prioritize." I think people can hear that and feel alright. Straight up admitting you're tanking though, I doubt that would fly (even though it's true).
-
Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....
Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....
But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?
Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....
Oddly enough, didn't see this until after I started my thread. This is interesting insight. But I'm not sure what he expects Sashi to do. Come out and say "we are absolutely tanking this season so we can load up with the top pick in every round next May"? I mean, I wouldn't mind it one bit but everyone knows that's just not how things work.
I do think they'd have been smart during the offseason to just admit "we're trying to get younger and anyone we can't see being on this team in 2019, we're not going to prioritize." I think people can hear that and feel alright. Straight up admitting you're tanking though, I doubt that would fly (even though it's true).
Straight up admitting you're tanking though, I doubt that would fly (even though it's true).More "true" as a byproduct of the youth approach than as a goal I think.
If you want to maximize the sifting of players to confirm talent, then you create roster slots by simply clearing out all save the core veterans.
-
I see what you're saying but I think the #1 pick is the goal, not a mere byproduct. No way to really know unless we can get our spy suits on and sneak into Berea though, and it's likely to happen regardless of the intention of course.
-
Meet you in the middle at "desirable byproduct?"
The problem of course is that barring a standout QB prospect,which appears to be the case at present, then the first pick is not worth what it otherwise would be.
Of course were there a standout QB prospect, I can't imagine us not tabbing him...
-
I cant get with the idea that they are trying to lose or that the #1 was their goal.....not seeing it.....Especially since there is no clear target at the #1.....ala an Andrew Luck or something...that is worth losing a whole season over.....
(and, as Tour so astutely pointed out, the value drops w/o a super prospect at the top)....so tank a whole season for ???? who?
Grossi was on the radio yesterday and played a Shashi sound bite from earlier this season....and the basic gist was Shashi saying they are planning to win this year and show immediate, measurable improvement......and when asked how many wins would be an improvement 4 or 5?.....his reply was "any less than that would be a major disappointment.....soooo, less than 4-5 wins are a major disappointment, as per Shashi(the plans architect)....so, what would that make 0-16, a major what?....success?.....nope
I dont think he would have said that if tanking all the games was his plan......he woulda talked around it......
Honestly think "he" thought they would win......and was wrong....simple as that
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login