Skip to content

Just to stir it up and ask???

The Browns Board
23 11 1.7k
  • S Solon16 wrote on last edited by Solon16
    #1

    A: Mack

    Robiskie

    Massaquoi

    Veikune

    or

    B: Machlin

    Alphonzo Smith

    Shonn Green

    Antoine Caldwell

    Along with Elam Coleman and Ratliff

    Taking into account we have Bowens(olb), Moseley, Barton.

    I already know what you guys are going to vote but...I vote B!

    Poll results from the old forum

    Choose which you'd rather have

    • A: Mack, robiskie, Massaquoi Veikune: 36 votes
    • B: Machlin, Smith, Green , Caldwell: 6 votes
  • S Solon16 wrote on last edited by Solon16
    #2

    I edited it... so you vote for A...LOL

  • I edited it... so you vote for A...LOL

    ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @solon16 said:

    I edited it...

    Solon why don't you keep tabs on all these players you think we should have picked and give us an update in 2 years.

  • @solon16 said:

    I edited it...

    Solon why don't you keep tabs on all these players you think we should have picked and give us an update in 2 years.

    S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    AdaM said:

    Solon why don't you keep tabs on all these players you think we should have picked and give us an update in 2 years.

    oH i WILL...JUST LIKE i'LL REMIND YOU TWICE A YEAR WHEN WE PLAY THE bENGALS...LOL

  • Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by Oldcrow1945
    #5

    @choco said:

    maybe your in the wrong line of work, solon.......if your so xxxxing good, why are you just bitching on the internets?

    lemme say it another way...we dont give a flying xxxx what you think.

    K? anything unclear?

    If you don't like it then go to another thread. This stuff of saying you don't care about another person's opinion on an opinion foum is possibly the most ridiculous statement anyone can make.

    If you aren't prepared for someone making his opinions known then don't come here. Other than that, give the guy some respect.

    I think the question is a legimate question. I'm not sure which lineup of draftees I'd vote for. But I'm not going to rip into him like a monkey rips into a cupcake just because I disagree.

  • S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Just asking for a vote....?

  • Just asking for a vote....?

    T Timugen wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @solon16 said:

    Just asking for a vote....?

    poll, perhaps?

  • sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
    #8

    then maybe a poll format would have been better? just my $.02

    i think my vote goes w/out saying.

    **edit** i guess it doesn't have to now.

  • sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
    #9

    doh! you beat me Timmy!

    **edit** i didn't know you could change the thread once it had posted.

    hey Solon you just taught me something.

    any chance we could get a cap on "r"obiskie? the guy might read this and take it personally. 😄

  • S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    DONE!

  • hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #11

    what horrible human being voted b? 😆

  • what horrible human being voted b? 😆

    S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @hammertime said:

    what horrible human being voted b? 😆

    I am that horrible human you speak of.... 🙂

  • DONE!

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @solon16 said:

    DONE!

    You of all people know it takes 3 years to evaluate a draft. So, whoever you like now doesn't really matter until they suit it up and get a chance to play.

    Remember when you and me critized the taking of Wimbley over Ngota and were shouted out of the ABJ because we wanted Merriman and everybody said he was a reach. We also didn't want Edwards.

    Know we can judge those drafts. Guys aren't a reach if you feel he is the best on your board and will be a big impact on your team. Nobody knew that NFL security sent every team a report about Maualuga. Teams backed off and he fell. In a couple of years we will know if those concerns were real or maybe the guy turns out to be a stud. But to say we blew it at this point doesn't mean a thing. I remember thing Cincy had their future LBs for many years, I wanted Thurman so bad. What a beast he could have been.

    The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

    We knew going into the draft that we had 5 picks and big needs at WR, OLB, Safety and Center. They also wanted to upgrade the DL, DBs and RB. I think they did pretty damn good filling those needs with players and picks. I also believe that nobody can give this draft a grade or say the team picked the wrong guys until you see them suit up and play. Maybe our guys bomb and the guys you wanted become stars, but you can't rag on the picks until we get some feedback from the field.

    Hey, they didn't pick all the guys I wanted either, but I hope they had more info to make better decisions.

    We'll know before the 2012 season kicks off.

  • Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    The only reason I might vote for 'A' is due to the fact that I'm not a Green fan.

  • @solon16 said:

    DONE!

    You of all people know it takes 3 years to evaluate a draft. So, whoever you like now doesn't really matter until they suit it up and get a chance to play.

    Remember when you and me critized the taking of Wimbley over Ngota and were shouted out of the ABJ because we wanted Merriman and everybody said he was a reach. We also didn't want Edwards.

    Know we can judge those drafts. Guys aren't a reach if you feel he is the best on your board and will be a big impact on your team. Nobody knew that NFL security sent every team a report about Maualuga. Teams backed off and he fell. In a couple of years we will know if those concerns were real or maybe the guy turns out to be a stud. But to say we blew it at this point doesn't mean a thing. I remember thing Cincy had their future LBs for many years, I wanted Thurman so bad. What a beast he could have been.

    The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

    We knew going into the draft that we had 5 picks and big needs at WR, OLB, Safety and Center. They also wanted to upgrade the DL, DBs and RB. I think they did pretty damn good filling those needs with players and picks. I also believe that nobody can give this draft a grade or say the team picked the wrong guys until you see them suit up and play. Maybe our guys bomb and the guys you wanted become stars, but you can't rag on the picks until we get some feedback from the field.

    Hey, they didn't pick all the guys I wanted either, but I hope they had more info to make better decisions.

    We'll know before the 2012 season kicks off.

    S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Remember when you and me critized the taking of Wimbley over Ngota and were shouted out of the ABJ because we wanted Merriman ...

    um yes I do!

  • @solon16 said:

    DONE!

    You of all people know it takes 3 years to evaluate a draft. So, whoever you like now doesn't really matter until they suit it up and get a chance to play.

    Remember when you and me critized the taking of Wimbley over Ngota and were shouted out of the ABJ because we wanted Merriman and everybody said he was a reach. We also didn't want Edwards.

    Know we can judge those drafts. Guys aren't a reach if you feel he is the best on your board and will be a big impact on your team. Nobody knew that NFL security sent every team a report about Maualuga. Teams backed off and he fell. In a couple of years we will know if those concerns were real or maybe the guy turns out to be a stud. But to say we blew it at this point doesn't mean a thing. I remember thing Cincy had their future LBs for many years, I wanted Thurman so bad. What a beast he could have been.

    The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

    We knew going into the draft that we had 5 picks and big needs at WR, OLB, Safety and Center. They also wanted to upgrade the DL, DBs and RB. I think they did pretty damn good filling those needs with players and picks. I also believe that nobody can give this draft a grade or say the team picked the wrong guys until you see them suit up and play. Maybe our guys bomb and the guys you wanted become stars, but you can't rag on the picks until we get some feedback from the field.

    Hey, they didn't pick all the guys I wanted either, but I hope they had more info to make better decisions.

    We'll know before the 2012 season kicks off.

    S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    You of all people know it takes 3 years to evaluate a draft. So, whoever you like now doesn't really matter until they suit it up and get a chance to play.

    Remember when you and me critized the taking of Wimbley over Ngota and were shouted out of the ABJ because we wanted Merriman and everybody said he was a reach. We also didn't want Edwards.

    Know we can judge those drafts. Guys aren't a reach if you feel he is the best on your board and will be a big impact on your team. Nobody knew that NFL security sent every team a report about Maualuga. Teams backed off and he fell. In a couple of years we will know if those concerns were real or maybe the guy turns out to be a stud. But to say we blew it at this point doesn't mean a thing. I remember thing Cincy had their future LBs for many years, I wanted Thurman so bad. What a beast he could have been.

    The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

    We knew going into the draft that we had 5 picks and big needs at WR, OLB, Safety and Center. They also wanted to upgrade the DL, DBs and RB. I think they did pretty damn good filling those needs with players and picks. I also believe that nobody can give this draft a grade or say the team picked the wrong guys until you see them suit up and play. Maybe our guys bomb and the guys you wanted become stars, but you can't rag on the picks until we get some feedback from the field.

    Hey, they didn't pick all the guys I wanted either, but I hope they had more info to make better decisions.

    We'll know before the 2012 season kicks off.

    Better yet....I was laughed at for screaming for maurice jones drew.... 😆

  • B Bronx Cheer wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I'll out myself as someone who voted B. We had a chance to get an impact player at 17 and the first pick in the second, and went safe on both. I understand we needed depth, but this team has absolutely zero playmakers (O or D) outside of Cribbs, and he only gets 5-6 plays per game. I like Robiskie, but his absolute ceiling is fairly low for a 2nd. I'd also be completely shocked if we get anything out of the other 2nd rounders for the next 3 years.

    Mack I am on the fence about. No doubt he'll be starting day 1, but will he be a significant upgrade over Hadnot or someone else we could have gotten from cut downs? To develop interior o-linemen, aren't you supposed to draft 3-year-starting smart 275 lbs kids from Purdue and BC, and then place them on a strict "protein shake" and workout regimen for two years? You can bulk up a skinny but smart lineman, but you can't teach instincts, hands, or vision at the skill positions.

    All told, I felt we had the chance to get two impact players out of the first two rounds and fear we didn't even net one.

  • I'll out myself as someone who voted B. We had a chance to get an impact player at 17 and the first pick in the second, and went safe on both. I understand we needed depth, but this team has absolutely zero playmakers (O or D) outside of Cribbs, and he only gets 5-6 plays per game. I like Robiskie, but his absolute ceiling is fairly low for a 2nd. I'd also be completely shocked if we get anything out of the other 2nd rounders for the next 3 years.

    Mack I am on the fence about. No doubt he'll be starting day 1, but will he be a significant upgrade over Hadnot or someone else we could have gotten from cut downs? To develop interior o-linemen, aren't you supposed to draft 3-year-starting smart 275 lbs kids from Purdue and BC, and then place them on a strict "protein shake" and workout regimen for two years? You can bulk up a skinny but smart lineman, but you can't teach instincts, hands, or vision at the skill positions.

    All told, I felt we had the chance to get two impact players out of the first two rounds and fear we didn't even net one.

    GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #18

    @bronx-cheer said:

    I'll out myself as someone who voted B. We had a chance to get an impact player at 17 and the first pick in the second, and went safe on both. I understand we needed depth, but this team has absolutely zero playmakers (O or D) outside of Cribbs, and he only gets 5-6 plays per game. I like Robiskie, but his absolute ceiling is fairly low for a 2nd. I'd also be completely shocked if we get anything out of the other 2nd rounders for the next 3 years.

    Mack I am on the fence about. No doubt he'll be starting day 1, but will he be a significant upgrade over Hadnot or someone else we could have gotten from cut downs? To develop interior o-linemen, aren't you supposed to draft 3-year-starting smart 275 lbs kids from Purdue and BC, and then place them on a strict "protein shake" and workout regimen for two years? You can bulk up a skinny but smart lineman, but you can't teach instincts, hands, or vision at the skill positions.

    All told, I felt we had the chance to get two impact players out of the first two rounds and fear we didn't even net one.

    The same can be said of maclin,green,smith and caldwell actually robiskie will most likely out produce maclin and crabtree by careers end..and when its all said and done Veikune will be an absolute rock in our defense will we be able to say the same about big name rey rey?

    This makes me anxious to beat on the bungles just to see!

    I obviously voted "A" hehehe 😉

  • S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    if that aint a homer Buckeye/browns I don't know what is...good on ya

  • W why cant we win wrote on last edited by
    #20

    ill put myself out there and say that i voted b to im not one that likes the safe picks all the time a flashy pick here and there would have been nice like a rey rey or a rb in the 2nd round im happy with the wrs we got tho