Skip to content

Dawgpound Proud

The Browns Board
7 7 1.2k
  • Was that not the loudest sound you ever heard, that rejection from the goalpost upright?

    It sounded of death and finality. It sounded of one walking face first into a stop sign. That sound of the funeral bell tolling and the game was just put to rest on the Browns. In a season of such woe, that God awful soul sucking sound echoing "it just isn't your day again today, Charlie Brown" seemed to be liken of hitting the rock bottom of this franchise. The Browns' win coffers an empty hollow drum of success in the National Football League with nary a lonesome win to sate the thirst of it's parched fanbase.

    I haven't seen it like this since my first season as a Browns Fan. That was back in '99. I don't remember all the losing, just that it sucked, a lot. But I do remember to this day the game vs. the Saints, Kevin Johnson catching that Hail-Mary to taste that first victory. After that I was hooked. History is repeating itself gentlemen, let's remember that soon that team went to the playoffs. Let's not repeat our mistakes. Let's move forward with this team and continue to support them and root them on. They will make us proud when they turn this around. Let's not be like the 'what have you done for me lately' fans of other teams. That's why we are different, we are a family. We are together through thick and thin. This is when the team needs us the most.

    I'll be back for more in a little while but I just want you to remember that sound. That sound was hitting the bottom and now we're going the opposite direction, there are good things in store but they need your love and support more than ever before.

  • +1 !!!

  • Was that not the loudest sound you ever heard, that rejection from the goalpost upright?

    It sounded of death and finality. It sounded of one walking face first into a stop sign. That sound of the funeral bell tolling and the game was just put to rest on the Browns. In a season of such woe, that God awful soul sucking sound echoing "it just isn't your day again today, Charlie Brown" seemed to be liken of hitting the rock bottom of this franchise. The Browns' win coffers an empty hollow drum of success in the National Football League with nary a lonesome win to sate the thirst of it's parched fanbase.

    I haven't seen it like this since my first season as a Browns Fan. That was back in '99. I don't remember all the losing, just that it sucked, a lot. But I do remember to this day the game vs. the Saints, Kevin Johnson catching that Hail-Mary to taste that first victory. After that I was hooked. History is repeating itself gentlemen, let's remember that soon that team went to the playoffs. Let's not repeat our mistakes. Let's move forward with this team and continue to support them and root them on. They will make us proud when they turn this around. Let's not be like the 'what have you done for me lately' fans of other teams. That's why we are different, we are a family. We are together through thick and thin. This is when the team needs us the most.

    I'll be back for more in a little while but I just want you to remember that sound. That sound was hitting the bottom and now we're going the opposite direction, there are good things in store but they need your love and support more than ever before.

    @poeticg said:

    Was that not the loudest sound you ever heard, that rejection from the goalpost upright?

    Yes. Yes, I remember thinking, 'Man that was loud'.

    It's almost as loud as the fans of the 'other' team(s) in our stadium.

  • Beautiful prose. Beautiful post. Love it.

  • Send not for whom the goal tolls, it tolls for thee. 😉

  • Very prophetic PoG, when you hit rock bottom there's only one way left to go.

    Go Browns!

  • Post of the year !