Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. A prayer and a few expectations for President Elect Trump from a black Democrat

A prayer and a few expectations for President Elect Trump from a black Democrat

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
5 Posts 5 Posters 244 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • marcus marcusM
    • 595 Posts
    • 104 Reputation
    marcusM marcus wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I pray that President Elect Trump seeks guidance and wisdom from God. I pray that with God's wisdom and guidance he makes decisions that helps him govern this diverse and wonderful country. I pray that he is led to heal and bridge the gap of a great racial divide. Most of all I pray that Mr. Trump stays in good health and has a safe presidency.

    While I did not vote for him the veteran in me compels me to back him as our Commander in Chief. I simply want him to represent this great nation well. When he visits another country I expect him not to make a fool of us all back home. When he hosts leaders from other nations I expect him to do so in a fashion that paints a picture of a United States that is tolerant and respectful of that visiting nation's customs and culture. When he makes a mistake I expect him to be accountable and put forth the best effort to correct said error. I think these are more than reasonable expectations. God Bless President Trump and God Bless the United States of America.

    hoortaH C 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • marcusM marcus

      I pray that President Elect Trump seeks guidance and wisdom from God. I pray that with God's wisdom and guidance he makes decisions that helps him govern this diverse and wonderful country. I pray that he is led to heal and bridge the gap of a great racial divide. Most of all I pray that Mr. Trump stays in good health and has a safe presidency.

      While I did not vote for him the veteran in me compels me to back him as our Commander in Chief. I simply want him to represent this great nation well. When he visits another country I expect him not to make a fool of us all back home. When he hosts leaders from other nations I expect him to do so in a fashion that paints a picture of a United States that is tolerant and respectful of that visiting nation's customs and culture. When he makes a mistake I expect him to be accountable and put forth the best effort to correct said error. I think these are more than reasonable expectations. God Bless President Trump and God Bless the United States of America.

      hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 20k Posts
      • 5k Reputation
      hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @marcus said:

      I pray that President Elect Trump seeks guidance and wisdom from God. I pray that with God's wisdom and guidance he makes decisions that helps him govern this diverse and wonderful country. I pray that he is led to heal and bridge the gap of a great racial divide. Most of all I pray that Mr. Trump stays in good health and has a safe presidency.

      While I did not vote for him the veteran in me compels me to back him as our Commander in Chief. I simply want him to represent this great nation well. When he visits another country I expect him not to make a fool of us all back home. When he hosts leaders from other nations I expect him to do so in a fashion that paints a picture of a United States that is tolerant and respectful of that visiting nation's customs and culture. When he makes a mistake I expect him to be accountable and put forth the best effort to correct said error. I think these are more than reasonable expectations. God Bless President Trump and God Bless the United States of America.

      Well said, my feelings exactly. The time acting like a xenophobic racist buffoon are over. You represent every one of us President Trump- time to act presidential.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
        • 33k Posts
        • 3k Reputation
        MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Let's hope for the best I guess.

        Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • marcusM marcus

          I pray that President Elect Trump seeks guidance and wisdom from God. I pray that with God's wisdom and guidance he makes decisions that helps him govern this diverse and wonderful country. I pray that he is led to heal and bridge the gap of a great racial divide. Most of all I pray that Mr. Trump stays in good health and has a safe presidency.

          While I did not vote for him the veteran in me compels me to back him as our Commander in Chief. I simply want him to represent this great nation well. When he visits another country I expect him not to make a fool of us all back home. When he hosts leaders from other nations I expect him to do so in a fashion that paints a picture of a United States that is tolerant and respectful of that visiting nation's customs and culture. When he makes a mistake I expect him to be accountable and put forth the best effort to correct said error. I think these are more than reasonable expectations. God Bless President Trump and God Bless the United States of America.

          calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
          • 64k Posts
          • 8k Reputation
          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @marcus said:

          I pray that President Elect Trump seeks guidance and wisdom from God. I pray that with God's wisdom and guidance he makes decisions that helps him govern this diverse and wonderful country. I pray that he is led to heal and bridge the gap of a great racial divide. Most of all I pray that Mr. Trump stays in good health and has a safe presidency.

          While I did not vote for him the veteran in me compels me to back him as our Commander in Chief. I simply want him to represent this great nation well. When he visits another country I expect him not to make a fool of us all back home. When he hosts leaders from other nations I expect him to do so in a fashion that paints a picture of a United States that is tolerant and respectful of that visiting nation's customs and culture. When he makes a mistake I expect him to be accountable and put forth the best effort to correct said error. I think these are more than reasonable expectations. God Bless President Trump and God Bless the United States of America.

          Five star post (out of five, of course). It couldn't have been written better. I'm with you 100%. I wonder how many times

          on Veterans day upcoming, this sentiment will come up around the country, when veterans go out for free lunches

          and dinners.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • gftChris gftChrisG
            • 13k Posts
            • 428 Reputation
            gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Indeed, well said. On that topic, it is poignant what Angela Merkel's comment were.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            Theme
            • System
            • Light
            • Dark
            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Forums
            • Recent
            • Popular
            • Users
            • Donate