Skip to content

***Official Browns @ Ravens Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

The Browns Board
93 35 4.4k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #54

    Just when you think you've finally hit bottom... a trap door opens...

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #55

    They're pretty good at "laughingstock"

  • Fire HUE rt after game

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @medicineman said:

    Fire HUE rt after game

    And who's gonna be our HC?

    Chirs Tabor? Al Sanders? Peppy La Pue?

    ...right at this moment.....sitting here wearing my Browns sweatshirt....after just shutting the TV off.....being very sports depressed.....I don't care which one they choose as long as they fire Hue.

  • Why pull Kessler? Stupid.

    F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @snaxdelrio said:

    Why pull Kessler? Stupid.

    Beyond STUPID, if it's not coming from above Jackson, than he is a FUCKING IDIOT!

  • I agree, they looked dejected. What Hue did tonight with a slim lead was unexplainable? The team looked capable, they had energy and Devalve caught a nice pass. I never thought I'd live to see the day our head coach purposely removed the better player with a future for an immobile 37 year old journeyman career backup!

    Hue let the air out of their tires on National Television with Sachi, Podesta and Haslam all sitting there taking up space like the "yes men" that they are. This team is hopeless and I'm done for good. Fifty-five years a Browns fan ends tonight! I wish I still lived in Cleveland because I would egg Hue's house before I went to bed tonight.

    Anyone interested I will reimburse you the 2bucks

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #58

    @opal312 said:

    I agree, they looked dejected. What Hue did tonight with a slim lead was unexplainable? The team looked capable, they had energy and Devalve caught a nice pass. I never thought I'd live to see the day our head coach purposely removed the better player with a future for an immobile 37 year old journeyman career backup!

    Hue let the air out of their tires on National Television with Sachi, Podesta and Haslam all sitting there taking up space like the "yes men" that they are. This team is hopeless and I'm done for good. Fifty-five years a Browns fan ends tonight! I wish I still lived in Cleveland because I would egg Hue's house before I went to bed tonight.

    Anyone interested I will reimburse you the 2bucks

    HAHAHAHA, Still think the TANK isn't in play Tour? How in the world can you play a competitive 1st half, and come out in the second like a D III team? AND bench your potential QBOTF? I'll have to look it up- but Tampa's 0-26 streak will fall around game 6 next year.

    @medicineman said:

    Fucking challenge? 28-7 lead and 3 min to go and you want a safety? Suck a dick Ravens

    THAT was truly Bush league.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #59

    Another Browns fan bites the dust!

  • Why pull Kessler? Stupid.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @snaxdelrio said:

    Why pull Kessler? Stupid.

    Baseball move?

  • Another Browns fan bites the dust!

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @wargograw said:

    Another Browns fan bites the dust!

    No, more like, The Browns Suck!

  • @snaxdelrio said:

    Why pull Kessler? Stupid.

    Baseball move?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Baseball move?

    Hueless is no Tito!

  • Fucking challenge? 28-7 lead and 3 min to go and you want a safety? Suck a dick Ravens

    F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @medicineman said:

    Fucking challenge? 28-7 lead and 3 min to go and you want a safety? Suck a dick Ravens

    Yea, FUCK the RATBIRDS! I didn't think I could hate them more than I already do... FUCK john harbaugh and his idiot brother to!

  • @wargograw said:

    Another Browns fan bites the dust!

    No, more like, The Browns Suck!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    No, more like, The Browns Suck!

    Yeah, we're here for the long haul, but this is a truly epic level of suckitude.

    @nickers said:

    Hueless is no Tito!

    Pulls his starting pitcher who's having a semi-decent game, goes to the bullpen to have McCown totally blow the game. Shades of Hargrove in Game 7 against the Marlins when he pulls his hot setup guys and brings in Jose Make-a-mess-a. When he wasn't throwing interceptions, old Josh was standing back there like a pinata waiting for the Ravens to cream him. The TO on the first offensive play was just special too. THAT is on the coaches.

  • @opal312 said:

    I agree, they looked dejected. What Hue did tonight with a slim lead was unexplainable? The team looked capable, they had energy and Devalve caught a nice pass. I never thought I'd live to see the day our head coach purposely removed the better player with a future for an immobile 37 year old journeyman career backup!

    Hue let the air out of their tires on National Television with Sachi, Podesta and Haslam all sitting there taking up space like the "yes men" that they are. This team is hopeless and I'm done for good. Fifty-five years a Browns fan ends tonight! I wish I still lived in Cleveland because I would egg Hue's house before I went to bed tonight.

    Anyone interested I will reimburse you the 2bucks

    HAHAHAHA, Still think the TANK isn't in play Tour? How in the world can you play a competitive 1st half, and come out in the second like a D III team? AND bench your potential QBOTF? I'll have to look it up- but Tampa's 0-26 streak will fall around game 6 next year.

    @medicineman said:

    Fucking challenge? 28-7 lead and 3 min to go and you want a safety? Suck a dick Ravens

    THAT was truly Bush league.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @hoorta said:

    HAHAHAHA, Still think the TANK isn't in play Tour?

    Yup... still don't.

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Baseball move?

    Relief pitcher...

    In retrospect the writing was on the wall when Hue said last week it was a QB's job "to win the game". Seemed odd at the time on a number of levels, but I didn't translate it to "short leash".

    As it turned out Kess was in for the 1st "drive" of the 2nd half... went 3 and out... BLT took the lead... and Kess, no longer winning, got yanked.

  • @hoorta said:

    HAHAHAHA, Still think the TANK isn't in play Tour?

    Yup... still don't.

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Baseball move?

    Relief pitcher...

    In retrospect the writing was on the wall when Hue said last week it was a QB's job "to win the game". Seemed odd at the time on a number of levels, but I didn't translate it to "short leash".

    As it turned out Kess was in for the 1st "drive" of the 2nd half... went 3 and out... BLT took the lead... and Kess, no longer winning, got yanked.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup... still don't.

    Relief pitcher...

    In retrospect the writing was on the wall when Hue said last week it was a QB's job "to win the game". Seemed odd at the time on a number of levels, but I didn't translate it to "short leash".

    As it turned out Kess was in for the 1st "drive" of the 2nd half... went 3 and out... BLT took the lead... and Kess, no longer winning, got yanked.

    OK, some honest musings Tour. Yup- teams don't tank- on purpose. Those guys are professionals, have pride and play as hard as they can.

    Now, regarding Hue- he had his "conviction" the team needed a "spark". I hope he realizes his spark got put out by an industrial grade fire extinguisher in McCown. Seriously- if he had put Hogan in, instead- could he possibly have done any worse? As they say about convictions- "if you listen to the fans in the stands, pretty soon you're going to be sitting there with them. "

    Now something we haven't brought up to date yet- I think. The old thing about halftime adjustments. How many times have we had the lead going into the third quarter, and then gotten beat? Not just beat, but creamed? I'm not going to go back and count, but IIRC it's a LOT. That many- you can't put the blame on inexperience, or certainly not lack of conditioning, as the Browns are the youngest team in the league. That points the finger directly at the coaching staff for making piss-poor halftime adjustments, no? I'll appreciate your thoughts. 🙂

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #67

    So about the only thing to do is bash the Stools and their fans. At least I can vent some on them too.

    And for the life of me, I can't see anything that would lead to a SB contending team in 5 years without a big dose of blind luck. The expansion year was more fun and a way better team than this one. And how many times have we said that we can only go up from here and fall deeper yet. And from what I've heard is that RG3 is about ready to return. And he may play. Maybe he gets it this time.....lol

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yup... still don't.

    Relief pitcher...

    In retrospect the writing was on the wall when Hue said last week it was a QB's job "to win the game". Seemed odd at the time on a number of levels, but I didn't translate it to "short leash".

    As it turned out Kess was in for the 1st "drive" of the 2nd half... went 3 and out... BLT took the lead... and Kess, no longer winning, got yanked.

    OK, some honest musings Tour. Yup- teams don't tank- on purpose. Those guys are professionals, have pride and play as hard as they can.

    Now, regarding Hue- he had his "conviction" the team needed a "spark". I hope he realizes his spark got put out by an industrial grade fire extinguisher in McCown. Seriously- if he had put Hogan in, instead- could he possibly have done any worse? As they say about convictions- "if you listen to the fans in the stands, pretty soon you're going to be sitting there with them. "

    Now something we haven't brought up to date yet- I think. The old thing about halftime adjustments. How many times have we had the lead going into the third quarter, and then gotten beat? Not just beat, but creamed? I'm not going to go back and count, but IIRC it's a LOT. That many- you can't put the blame on inexperience, or certainly not lack of conditioning, as the Browns are the youngest team in the league. That points the finger directly at the coaching staff for making piss-poor halftime adjustments, no? I'll appreciate your thoughts. 🙂

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #68

    @hoorta said:

    OK, some honest musings Tour. Yup- teams don't tank- on purpose. Those guys are professionals, have pride and play as hard as they can.

    Now, regarding Hue- he had his "conviction" the team needed a "spark". I hope he realizes his spark got put out by an industrial grade fire extinguisher in McCown. Seriously- if he had put Hogan in, instead- could he possibly have done any worse? As they say about convictions- "if you listen to the fans in the stands, pretty soon you're going to be sitting there with them. "

    Now something we haven't brought up to date yet- I think. The old thing about halftime adjustments. How many times have we had the lead going into the third quarter, and then gotten beat? Not just beat, but creamed? I'm not going to go back and count, but IIRC it's a LOT. That many- you can't put the blame on inexperience, or certainly not lack of conditioning, as the Browns are the youngest team in the league. That points the finger directly at the coaching staff for making piss-poor halftime adjustments, no? I'll appreciate your thoughts. 🙂

    As if you had to ask.... 😛

    First thought: I am crestfallen to even consider that you have ever not been honest with me...

    Second thought: (This guy still owes me a photo of a wine label...)

    Third thought... now that the road is clear... and I had not thought of this until just now...

    When you are as limited as we are on Offense, what "adjustments" can you make? How easy is it for the opponent's D to take away the little bit that has worked for us in the 1st half?

    When you are as vulnerable as we are on Defense, how many opportunities are there for the opponent to exploit?

    I will even go so far (since I'm on a self-perceived role) to say that there may be opponents that know how to attack us from tape, but keep much of that plan hidden for a half.

    Hey... it worked for the 4077th... "Did you remember to press the bet, Henry?"

    Maybe more thoughts later, but going out to dinner...

  • @hoorta said:

    OK, some honest musings Tour. Yup- teams don't tank- on purpose. Those guys are professionals, have pride and play as hard as they can.

    Now, regarding Hue- he had his "conviction" the team needed a "spark". I hope he realizes his spark got put out by an industrial grade fire extinguisher in McCown. Seriously- if he had put Hogan in, instead- could he possibly have done any worse? As they say about convictions- "if you listen to the fans in the stands, pretty soon you're going to be sitting there with them. "

    Now something we haven't brought up to date yet- I think. The old thing about halftime adjustments. How many times have we had the lead going into the third quarter, and then gotten beat? Not just beat, but creamed? I'm not going to go back and count, but IIRC it's a LOT. That many- you can't put the blame on inexperience, or certainly not lack of conditioning, as the Browns are the youngest team in the league. That points the finger directly at the coaching staff for making piss-poor halftime adjustments, no? I'll appreciate your thoughts. 🙂

    As if you had to ask.... 😛

    First thought: I am crestfallen to even consider that you have ever not been honest with me...

    Second thought: (This guy still owes me a photo of a wine label...)

    Third thought... now that the road is clear... and I had not thought of this until just now...

    When you are as limited as we are on Offense, what "adjustments" can you make? How easy is it for the opponent's D to take away the little bit that has worked for us in the 1st half?

    When you are as vulnerable as we are on Defense, how many opportunities are there for the opponent to exploit?

    I will even go so far (since I'm on a self-perceived role) to say that there may be opponents that know how to attack us from tape, but keep much of that plan hidden for a half.

    Hey... it worked for the 4077th... "Did you remember to press the bet, Henry?"

    Maybe more thoughts later, but going out to dinner...

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @tour2ma said:

    When you are as limited as we are on Offense, what "adjustments" can you make? How easy is it for the opponent's D to take away the little bit that has worked for us in the 1st half?

    When you are as vulnerable as we are on Defense, how many opportunities are there for the opponent to exploit?

    Maybe more thoughts later, but going out to dinner...

    Having thought about this and the second half collapses.....and trying to be fair to Hues limited resources...I agree with you that its not really poor half time adjustments, more than no real options with the available talent...

    The better first halves could be a sign of strong game planning, that eventually gets adjust to, and beaten......and because the other teams talent is more adaptable, they will usually have the advantage.....and, eventually, win....

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #70

    Shallow teams can hang around for a half. Lack of depth catches up with you later in the game.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #71

    ravsac.0.gif

    The Ghoul said that a good QB makes the OL good.

    Obviously, McCown must be a bad QB

  • Shallow teams can hang around for a half. Lack of depth catches up with you later in the game.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @wargograw said:

    Shallow teams can hang around for a half. Lack of depth catches up with you later in the game.

    What about game planning and half time adjustments? We get killed on that week in and out. And that's the coaches job. The fucker must be lazy because they flat out don't!

  • @wargograw said:

    Shallow teams can hang around for a half. Lack of depth catches up with you later in the game.

    What about game planning and half time adjustments? We get killed on that week in and out. And that's the coaches job. The fucker must be lazy because they flat out don't!

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    What about game planning and half time adjustments? We get killed on that week in and out.

    Like I said above....game planning could be reflected in our strong first half play.....which is where most of that would show up....

    Adjustments are gonna be harder, since it's us planning against them.....

    Good teams come at you with their game and challenge you to stop them......they dont adjust to bad teams...

    Bad teams(thats us, btw) can not come at you the same way.....we HAVE to game plan for each team and try to find their weakness.....sometimes it isnt enough.....and to adjust to beat MUCH better talent, just isnt something bad teams are capable of doing.....

    We get killed....week in and out.....because of talent.....talent......talent....

    Why is this so hard to see????

    If you see a movie and all the actors suck.....do you think it's the directors fault?.....or is the casting guy?