Why McCown for Kessler
-
Im gonna avoid jumping on Hue, other than to say I see LOTS of questionable things and calls during games...but they aren;t the reason we are losing.....
On the flip side, however, he is trying everything he can, cause his team sucks so bad......mixing things up.....which sometimes can go bad and hurt as much as it helps....but if ever there was a team that needed desperate measures, this is it.....
and..."IF" McCown had killed it and won the game....then Hue would be a genius, right?......just a coaches call that didnt work out....
and....PLEASE.....for the love of god.....lets not fire anyone else because of the bad talent.....AND....if we do, let it NOT be the coaches.....
-
^Play calls or Officials' calls???
One last thought... none of us could know in real time, and few likely know now, what Kess was missing/not seeing downfield during his time in the game. Takes an all-22 to know that.
Impressions, like mine that he seemed beat slow, are just that... impressions. A couple days removed I am hard pressed to think of a shot downfield Kess took aside from the TD to Devalve. Contrast that with the shots McC either took, or tried to take. I can think of at least three. For different reasons none worked out, but they were attempted.
It could be that the spark Hue was looking for was simply aggressiveness...
-
^Play calls or Officials' calls???
One last thought... none of us could know in real time, and few likely know now, what Kess was missing/not seeing downfield during his time in the game. Takes an all-22 to know that.
Impressions, like mine that he seemed beat slow, are just that... impressions. A couple days removed I am hard pressed to think of a shot downfield Kess took aside from the TD to Devalve. Contrast that with the shots McC either took, or tried to take. I can think of at least three. For different reasons none worked out, but they were attempted.
It could be that the spark Hue was looking for was simply aggressiveness...
^Play calls or Officials' calls???
One last thought... none of us could know in real time, and few likely know now, what Kess was missing/not seeing downfield during his time in the game. Takes an all-22 to know that.
Impressions, like mine that he seemed beat slow, are just that... impressions. A couple days removed I am hard pressed to think of a shot downfield Kess took aside from the TD to Devalve. Contrast that with the shots McC either took, or tried to take. I can think of at least three. For different reasons none worked out, but they were attempted.
It could be that the spark Hue was looking for was simply aggressiveness...
Mostly play calls.....not trying to beat on Hue, but cant say Ive seen a well coached team....on any level....
In re to Kessler......Hue specifically called out a lack of aggressiveness.....and said Kess was leaving plays on the field.....
My take was that Kess was playing it safe....checking down almost every play......and not seeing the field well......
He just looks kind of slow......and looks like he processes things slowly as well.....Weedenish, but maybe not quite as bad....and, I think, Hue pulling him from the game happened when he just had enough.....(meaning it had been chewing on him for a while)......
Sadly....as much as I want Defense......Im afraid the Browns will plan to spend ANOTHER high pick on QB in 2017 .....
-
^Play calls or Officials' calls???
One last thought... none of us could know in real time, and few likely know now, what Kess was missing/not seeing downfield during his time in the game. Takes an all-22 to know that.
Impressions, like mine that he seemed beat slow, are just that... impressions. A couple days removed I am hard pressed to think of a shot downfield Kess took aside from the TD to Devalve. Contrast that with the shots McC either took, or tried to take. I can think of at least three. For different reasons none worked out, but they were attempted.
It could be that the spark Hue was looking for was simply aggressiveness...
Mostly play calls.....not trying to beat on Hue, but cant say Ive seen a well coached team....on any level....
In re to Kessler......Hue specifically called out a lack of aggressiveness.....and said Kess was leaving plays on the field.....
My take was that Kess was playing it safe....checking down almost every play......and not seeing the field well......
He just looks kind of slow......and looks like he processes things slowly as well.....Weedenish, but maybe not quite as bad....and, I think, Hue pulling him from the game happened when he just had enough.....(meaning it had been chewing on him for a while)......
Sadly....as much as I want Defense......Im afraid the Browns will plan to spend ANOTHER high pick on QB in 2017 .....
Weedenish, but maybe not quite as bad....
Sadly....as much as I want Defense......Im afraid the Browns will plan to spend ANOTHER high pick on QB in 2017 .....
Wheezy was the embodiment of "does not compute", the "lead head" standard... I honestly don't see Kess near him. That said...
Yup... as high as #1 overall...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login