I called it before the season started that some of you wouldn't make it halfway through before..
-
Gregg was 18-23. Not great then but by today's standards...lol. I saw him as a good type to build with then get the players coach.
-
Gregg was 18-23. Not great then but by today's standards...lol. I saw him as a good type to build with then get the players coach.
Gregg was 18-23. Not great then but by today's standards...lol. I saw him as a good type to build with then get the players coach.
Then after he left here, he took the Bungholes to a Super Bowl.
-
Gregg was 18-23. Not great then but by today's standards...lol. I saw him as a good type to build with then get the players coach.
Then after he left here, he took the Bungholes to a Super Bowl.
Then after he left here, he took the Bungholes to a Super Bowl.
If I recall correctly, some of the players bitched that he was too strict. It was dumb to fire him, he brought a 3-11 team to 9-5 in '76, but the wheels fell off in '77.
-
Then after he left here, he took the Bungholes to a Super Bowl.
If I recall correctly, some of the players bitched that he was too strict. It was dumb to fire him, he brought a 3-11 team to 9-5 in '76, but the wheels fell off in '77.
If I recall correctly, some of the players bitched that he was too strict. It was dumb to fire him, he brought a 3-11 team to 9-5 in '76, but the wheels fell off in '77.
Right now, if a guy came in here and won 18 out of 41 games? People would be throwing rose petals at his feet as he walked.
-
If I recall correctly, some of the players bitched that he was too strict. It was dumb to fire him, he brought a 3-11 team to 9-5 in '76, but the wheels fell off in '77.
Right now, if a guy came in here and won 18 out of 41 games? People would be throwing rose petals at his feet as he walked.
Right now, if a guy came in here and won 18 out of 41 games? People would be throwing rose petals at his feet as he walked.
Yep.
It wasn't long ago they were 6-3 after kicking Cincy's ass.
The city was buzzing, and then.......phuuuuuuu
-
Well the problem I see with signing FAs in the offseason is that we could not even convince our own to stay. So how do we attract anyone else to an 0-16 team?
-
Well the problem I see with signing FAs in the offseason is that we could not even convince our own to stay. So how do we attract anyone else to an 0-16 team?
Well the problem I see with signing FAs in the offseason is that we could not even convince our own to stay. So how do we attract anyone else to an 0-16 team?
Money. Money wins the type of FA we want every day of the week.
We don't want a ring chasing veteran near the end of his career. We want rookies that we drafted, or guys coming off their rookie contracts that can't be retained by their team.
We want the TJ Wards to come to us, not the other way around.
Sure, we'll overspend initially. But getting quality young talent in Cleveland will change our culture and spur wins, which will then lower the barrier of entry for future FA's. Then we lop off the initial overpriced FA's and start bringing in guys with friendlier contracts over time.
-
Oakland managed to attract some really nice FAs despite pretty bad seasons.
-
Jags too - Julius Thomas, Malik Jackson, Gipson, and don't forget in 2014 it was them who Mack originally signed with. Money talks.
-
Gregg was 18-23. Not great then but by today's standards...lol. I saw him as a good type to build with then get the players coach.
Then after he left here, he took the Bungholes to a Super Bowl.
Then after he left here, he took the Bungholes to a Super Bowl.
... and then Cinci back to mediocrity before leaving to lead a mediocre Packers team to the cellar.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login