Skip to content

Get ready to have your mind blown...

The Browns Board
66 21 2.4k
  • In keeping with the 'mind blown' theme, the current tackle leader in the NFL right now is...Christian Kirksey. OK, so he's played one more game than the other top guys, but scaled back to 9 games, he has 85 tackles, good for 7th in the league. He's on pace for 150 tackles and 2.5 sacks.

  • In keeping with the 'mind blown' theme, the current tackle leader in the NFL right now is...Christian Kirksey. OK, so he's played one more game than the other top guys, but scaled back to 9 games, he has 85 tackles, good for 7th in the league. He's on pace for 150 tackles and 2.5 sacks.

    @gftchris said:

    In keeping with the 'mind blown' theme, the current tackle leader in the NFL right now is...Christian Kirksey. OK, so he's played one more game than the other top guys, but scaled back to 9 games, he has 85 tackles, good for 7th in the league. He's on pace for 150 tackles and 2.5 sacks.

    OK, it's something good. To play devil's advocate...are his numbers up because the rest of the D misses so many?

  • I'm guessing so, but if you look at the guys around him in the league, you've got bobby wagner, luke kuechly, sean lee - good players. Maybe his numbers are bloated by having to cover for Nassib's over-pursuit or whatever, but he's actually making tackles. I'd be very interested to see the average depth from LoS for those tackles. Though, I do recall at one point he was leading in the 'tackles for under 2 yards' category, so he should be good on that front too.

  • And Erving. But I remember Cooper was lauded as the best prospect in that draft, just hurt by the fact he played guard, and was still drafted 7th overall. He got injured in AZ, then dumped to NE for nothing, where he didn't have time to impress before final cuts and was waived.

    Now, he's supposedly healthy and I would be interested to see more of him - I'm surprised (and worried) that we haven't, since Bitonio's been injured, as it's been mostly Bailey/Drango at LG. If he can come close to his pre-draft billing, that'd be swell.

    @gftchris said:

    And Erving. But I remember Cooper was lauded as the best prospect in that draft, just hurt by the fact he played guard, and was still drafted 7th overall. He got injured in AZ, then dumped to NE for nothing, where he didn't have time to impress before final cuts and was waived.

    Now, he's supposedly healthy and I would be interested to see more of him - I'm surprised (and worried) that we haven't, since Bitonio's been injured, as it's been mostly Bailey/Drango at LG. If he can come close to his pre-draft billing, that'd be swell.

    Excuse me Cooper is a bust. He's fat and lazy.
  • @gftchris said:

    Obviously you know more than I do on the topic, but from my untrained eye, he seems slow to react physically, slow to process mentally, and makes bad decisions once he has processed. When engaged he seems OK, apart from when being outright bull-rushed by a big guy (Geno Atkins etc). Once he has processed the information, any new information doesn't seem to get in, so late blitzers don't get picked up, people running across his face don't get picked up.

    I still can't see anything that most of the draft sites were seeing in him to make him a 1st rounder. They all seemed to have whiffed just as badly as he does every week. It's either that or we have the poorest OL coach in all the NFL. Or maybe both.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I still can't see anything that most of the draft sites were seeing in him to make him a 1st rounder. They all seemed to have whiffed just as badly as he does every week. It's either that or we have the poorest OL coach in all the NFL. Or maybe both.

    Did we hire the fired TAMU OL coach? 😉

    As I am sure I posted before... In his LSU tape he was a hot mess at LT, but in limited tape at Center he looked better... when he had no one over him.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I still can't see anything that most of the draft sites were seeing in him to make him a 1st rounder. They all seemed to have whiffed just as badly as he does every week. It's either that or we have the poorest OL coach in all the NFL. Or maybe both.

    Did we hire the fired TAMU OL coach? 😉

    As I am sure I posted before... In his LSU tape he was a hot mess at LT, but in limited tape at Center he looked better... when he had no one over him.

    @tour2ma said:

    Did we hire the fired TAMU OL coach? 😉

    As I am sure I posted before... In his LSU tape he was a hot mess at LT, but in limited tape at Center he looked better... when he had no one over him.

    You may have posted that Tour, but that dos not mean that space limited hard drive here can still bring it up. 😳

  • Once I let it slide. Twice, I have to speak up. Erving played at FSU, not LSU.

  • Hey! I got two of three letters right!

    Next time don't hesitate...

  • Hey! I got two of three letters right!

    Next time don't hesitate...

    @tour2ma said:

    Hey! I got two of three letters right!

    Next time don't hesitate...

    Meatloaf.

  • Hey! I got two of three letters right!

    Next time don't hesitate...

    @tour2ma said:

    Hey! I got two of three letters right!

    Next time don't hesitate...

    F, G, H, I, J, K.................................L. Just a few letters away from 100%. 😛

  • @tour2ma said:

    Hey! I got two of three letters right!

    Next time don't hesitate...

    F, G, H, I, J, K.................................L. Just a few letters away from 100%. 😛

    @texasag1969 said:

    F, G, H, I, J, K.................................L. Just a few letters away from 100%. 😛

    With the Browns there's a lot of Fs, leading quite quickly to a lot of Ls.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    F, G, H, I, J, K.................................L. Just a few letters away from 100%. 😛

    With the Browns there's a lot of Fs, leading quite quickly to a lot of Ls.

    @gftchris said:

    With the Browns there's a lot of Fs, leading quite quickly to a lot of Ls.

    Hardee Har Har, but No cookie for you.

  • Blew my mind dude. Ha ha Metalica dude.