Skip to content

Cowboys Steelers

The Browns Board
30 19 838
  • Omg but that zeke elliot. Holy fuck he's even better than i thought he was gonna be

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @clevfan4life said:

    Omg but that zeke elliot. Holy fuck he's even better than i thought he was gonna be

    I know. He's a treat to watch. So hard to tackle, so fast, and terrific vision. And did I mention a talented receiver as well? He went to the PERFECT team. And how good is Dak Prescott? My lord...some of those plays were so damn good. That two minute drill (well, closer to ONE minute drill) at the very end was so damn good. They had all 3 timeouts (I think), and that drive shows you just how important saving timeouts can be. They were able to attack the middle of the field without panicking. The damn Steelers even got away with a TERRIBLE face mask, only to commit ANOTHER two plays later. Wow.

    As much as I love Zeke, and I love watching Dak....I am the MOST jealous of their offensive line. It's truly a marvel in today's NFL.

  • Its pretty much official now...this whole division sucks.

    Browns may be favored by 1 next week.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @stinkhole said:

    Its pretty much official now...this whole division sucks.

    Browns may be favored by 1 next week.

    yeah, right....

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Elliott is a very good player behind an elite line. He does get a lot of his yards before contact, but that could just as easily be a negative as a reflection of his patience in letting blocks develop, his speed to evade tacklers or whatever.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I just noticed, the Big Ben/Brown fake spike TD - the corner covering Brown was Leon McFadden. Small world.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Based on performances against the Steelers, our defense is on par with Pittsburgh's. How bout them apples?

  • Based on performances against the Steelers, our defense is on par with Pittsburgh's. How bout them apples?

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @wargograw said:

    Based on performances against the Steelers, our defense is on par with Pittsburgh's. How bout them apples?

    Yeah, that's probably about accurate. LOL. That Cowboy offense is VERY difficult to shut down. You'd have to get some turnovers, and probably a big special teams play. They have a lot of weapons, and they use them well.

    The Steelers have laid some eggs this year. They screw around and suck against us, and we might have a ballgame. Would I bet on it? Hell no. My money says they stomp a mud-hole in our ass and walk it dry. But...anything can happen, and our team NEEDS a win. It's time for Collins, Ogbah, Nassib, and Kirksey to bring the pain, and also have Cody learn from his benching and step it up.

  • I just noticed, the Big Ben/Brown fake spike TD - the corner covering Brown was Leon McFadden. Small world.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @gftchris said:

    I just noticed, the Big Ben/Brown fake spike TD - the corner covering Brown was Leon McFadden. Small world.

    Props to Bernie Kosar/Dan Marino on that one.

  • dislike both teams very much. have extended family members (twin nephews) who are each separately a steeler and cowboy fan. it's like civil war.

    but what a great Fing game. that's what football is supposed to look like.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #27

    @miktoxic said:

    dislike both teams very much. have extended family members (twin nephews) who are each separately a steeler and cowboy fan. it's like civil war.

    but what a great Fing game. that's what football is supposed to look like.

    +1 and ditto for the 'Hawks/Pats last night. Even included a lovely no call on the shot Thomas laid on The Gronk. Probably one of the best officiated games I've seen this year... even acknowledging the wrong facemask call on Sherman. Damned if he didn't have the shoulder pad...

    @texasag1969 said:

    Nah, we are just an old fashioned group playing the same old two opening in any suit is the strongest demand bid. We're mostly there for the women's talk about grandkids anyway so no one plays anything serious. I'm about the only one that ever asks for aces looking for a slam contract. But at least they usually understand I'm asking. We've had the same group 30+ years of 8, supplemented by two new ones since two deaths of husbands. And it's just me, the other surviving husband and 6 women, so you get the idea, right? 🥷

    ALERT! I play "weak 2's"... or at least I did once upon a time. Played contract, "speed bridge" most lunches during my 28 years of working after falling in love with the game at college.

    8? Playing duplicate?

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #28

    He's only added to their OL too as he's a good blocker in his own right.

  • Elliott is a very good player behind an elite line. He does get a lot of his yards before contact, but that could just as easily be a negative as a reflection of his patience in letting blocks develop, his speed to evade tacklers or whatever.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @gftchris said:

    Elliott is a very good player behind an elite line. He does get a lot of his yards before contact, but that could just as easily be a negative as a reflection of his patience in letting blocks develop, his speed to evade tacklers or whatever.

    Last I checked, Zeke was leading the NFL in yards after contact as well.

  • @gftchris said:

    Elliott is a very good player behind an elite line. He does get a lot of his yards before contact, but that could just as easily be a negative as a reflection of his patience in letting blocks develop, his speed to evade tacklers or whatever.

    Last I checked, Zeke was leading the NFL in yards after contact as well.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @tiamat63 said:

    Last I checked, Zeke was leading the NFL in yards after contact as well.

    What? It's not Henry? 😛

    Zeke's been seeing a lot of DBs in his road... Henry not so much. But you know who else has been? Murray... hmmmmmm...