Skip to content

Steeler Week

The Browns Board
97 29 3.3k
  • @the-gipper said:

    Ultimately I still think the Bengals are the most talented team in the division ....and should ultimately win it. But...they ARE the Bungles...and are doing what they can to bungle this AFCW race.

    Not sure about "most talented" anymore... even in the relatively weak AFCN... 😉

    It had clearly been the case for a couple years, but they lost too many WRs. Plus losing Hue seems to have hurt as well. May hinge on Eifert's contributions, which when healthy are considerable.

    Most balanced? I think that title is still theirs and it's really not close. Run/pass and Off/Def... no one else in our division is even close.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not sure about "most talented" anymore... even in the relatively weak AFCN... 😉

    I think man for man they are more talented than the other 2 teams...errr, 3 teams.

    Now.....along with that seems to be the fact they they are certainly underachieving this year so far.

    It had clearly been the case for a couple years, but they lost too many WRs. Plus losing Hue seems to have hurt as well. May hinge on Eifert's contributions, which when healthy are considerable.

    Still, with AJ Green they have one of the most talented players in the game at WR. Not sure about their other WRs. And yes, the intangible of losing Hue is a factor we can't really quantify....unless you want to look at their W/L record.

    Most balanced? I think that title is still theirs and it's really not close. Run/pass and Off/Def... no one else in our division is even close.

    Yes...but, again, there is that underachieving thing.

  • But were the Bengals in the AFCW?

    I see at least two teams would give them a run for the "talented" crown: OAK and KC, and the balanced crown as well.

    Side note: We could have some fun with swapping around teams on various bases and debating divisional impacts.

  • Nobody really talks about the Chiefs they've won 16 of their last 18 matches or something?

    That's a bloody good football team

  • @tour2ma said:

    Not sure about "most talented" anymore... even in the relatively weak AFCN... 😉

    I think man for man they are more talented than the other 2 teams...errr, 3 teams.

    Now.....along with that seems to be the fact they they are certainly underachieving this year so far.

    It had clearly been the case for a couple years, but they lost too many WRs. Plus losing Hue seems to have hurt as well. May hinge on Eifert's contributions, which when healthy are considerable.

    Still, with AJ Green they have one of the most talented players in the game at WR. Not sure about their other WRs. And yes, the intangible of losing Hue is a factor we can't really quantify....unless you want to look at their W/L record.

    Most balanced? I think that title is still theirs and it's really not close. Run/pass and Off/Def... no one else in our division is even close.

    Yes...but, again, there is that underachieving thing.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes...but, again, there is that underachieving thing.

    Not really buying that argument... not this deep into the season when "you are what your record says you are" has meaning.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes...but, again, there is that underachieving thing.

    Not really buying that argument... not this deep into the season when "you are what your record says you are" has meaning.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not really buying that argument... not this deep into the season when "you are what your record says you are" has meaning.

    Yes, their record says that they are an underachieving bunch.. 😎

  • FUCK THE STEELERS AND STEELER BULLSHIT TALK!

  • FUCK THE STEELERS AND STEELER BULLSHIT TALK!

    @one-post said:

    FUCK THE STEELERS AND STEELER BULLSHIT TALK!

    OK, well, now lets put that to the tune of the old Houston Oilers Fight Song:

    Fuck the Steelers, Fuck the Steelers, Fuck the Steelers yes we will.

    Fuck the Steelers, Fuck the Steelers Fuck the Steelers yes we will.

    They got no offense, they got no defense,

    They give the other team great hope.

    'Cause we fuck the Steelers, Fuck the Steelers

    You know they're gonna bone a goat.

    (repeat chorus)

  • The Dolphins still use that... it was extra nauseating.

  • The Dolphins still use that... it was extra nauseating.

    @tour2ma said:

    The Dolphins still use that... it was extra nauseating.

    It was OK for the Oilers. The Dolphins should never have been allowed to steal it.

  • FUCK THE STEELERS AND STEELER BULLSHIT TALK!

    "One said:

    FUCK THE STEELERS AND STEELER BULLSHIT TALK!

    Next time I want to post ill message you first for approval. That how it works?

  • @tour2ma said:

    The Dolphins still use that... it was extra nauseating.

    It was OK for the Oilers. The Dolphins should never have been allowed to steal it.

    @the-gipper said:

    It was OK for the Oilers. The Dolphins should never have been allowed to steal it.

    TBH I wasn't sure it originated with the Oilers, but seems it did...

    During the "Luv Ya Blue" days, yes, but it lingered much longer than that. One thing that helped was that it did have this adaptation by Oiler Center, Carl Mauck to make the Fight Song more palatable...

  • "One said:

    FUCK THE STEELERS AND STEELER BULLSHIT TALK!

    Next time I want to post ill message you first for approval. That how it works?

    @londonbrown said:

    Next time I want to post ill message you first for approval. That how it works?

    Root for the Steelers then.
  • @londonbrown said:

    Next time I want to post ill message you first for approval. That how it works?

    Root for the Steelers then.

    "One said:

    Root for the Steelers then.

    How do I do that? Just so I know I'm doing it properly

  • "One said:

    Root for the Steelers then.

    How do I do that? Just so I know I'm doing it properly

    @londonbrown said:

    How do I do that? Just so I know I'm doing it properly

    Gee I would tell you but I wouldn't know. I can't even post on your thread without you being a dick. Brush your teeth.
  • Just what the Steelers need too.

    Lose to your team and the Rooney's might have to overcome their franchises arthritic pace of firing coaches who need fired.

  • @the-gipper said:

    It was OK for the Oilers. The Dolphins should never have been allowed to steal it.

    TBH I wasn't sure it originated with the Oilers, but seems it did...

    During the "Luv Ya Blue" days, yes, but it lingered much longer than that. One thing that helped was that it did have this adaptation by Oiler Center, Carl Mauck to make the Fight Song more palatable...

    @tour2ma said:

    TBH I wasn't sure it originated with the Oilers, but seems it did...

    During the "Luv Ya Blue" days, yes, but it lingered much longer than that. One thing that helped was that it did have this adaptation by Oiler Center, Carl Mauck to make the Fight Song more palatable...

    You call THAT palateable?

    I never want to drive long distance with you.

  • Still the all time best fan breaking tv video. First time i saw this i lost my shit at the end when he was like "nigga dont stomp my tv i stomp my tv". I was done

  • "One said:

    Root for the Steelers then.

    How do I do that? Just so I know I'm doing it properly

    @londonbrown said:

    How do I do that? Just so I know I'm doing it properly

    I think it starts with piss stained Hankys. Then it just gets worse. You really don't want to know.

  • @tour2ma said:

    TBH I wasn't sure it originated with the Oilers, but seems it did...

    During the "Luv Ya Blue" days, yes, but it lingered much longer than that. One thing that helped was that it did have this adaptation by Oiler Center, Carl Mauck to make the Fight Song more palatable...

    You call THAT palateable?

    I never want to drive long distance with you.

    @the-gipper said:

    You call THAT palateable?

    I never want to drive long distance with you.

    Ummm.... no... I did not call THAT palatable. Please reread post... and get a refund for the extra vowel you bought...

  • @the-gipper said:

    You call THAT palateable?

    I never want to drive long distance with you.

    Ummm.... no... I did not call THAT palatable. Please reread post... and get a refund for the extra vowel you bought...

    @tour2ma said:

    Ummm.... no... I did not call THAT palatable. Please reread post... and get a refund for the extra vowel you bought...

    Gips got Pat Sajack on speed dial.