Camp Trubisky
-
Draft Mitch, a center, a right guard, and a right tackle in that order and all is good.
I have been listening to the radio and several people have stated how ultimately important the Offensive Line is today....and how no team without a good one will get anywhere.
But our geniuses let Mitch Schwartz walk because perhaps they were Ghoolie Devotees who believe offensive linemen are a dime a dozen.
To my mind, this year completely disproves that theory.
-
Honestly, I'm surprised he's getting this much love here. He's played what? One full year? In a spread offense? In the ACC?
Sorry for crop dusting the shiny, new camp but I'm having a hard time seeing a first round pick, much less first overall.
Most scouting services have him, RIGHT NOW....as a Top Ten pick....the best QB that could come out in the draft. Even if his experience is limited, his skill is first rate enough to give him that rating.
Plus, remember, this time last year Goff/Wentz were touted as maybe second rounders, yet they went 1-2 (and imo aren't as good)
So, even if you think he may currently be overvalued....it will be nothing compared to what happened last year.
remember, this time last year Goff/Wentz were touted as maybe second rounders
You're the only one who remembers that.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/why-jared-goff-is-the-best-qb-prospect-in-the-country/
Note this article from last October stating Goff is expected to go #1
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/27/jared-goff-nfl-draft-2016-top-quarterback-qb-prospect
Or this 55 week old article which posits that Goff could be chosen #5 overall.
http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/11/05/49ers-qb-of-the-future-could-be-cals-jared-goff/
Well what do ya know?! Here's an article from may of 2015 touting Goff as the top QB prospect entering the draft....
A ten minute google search proves you're objectively wrong about expectations for Jared Goff in 2015. I'm sure there are plenty of very "reputable" articles that you remember to support your idea that Goff was a 2nd rounder a year ago.
The problem is that, oddly enough, those articles aren't the ones showing up. I'm sure it's my fault, maybe I should use a more trust worthy search engine like Ask Jeeves.
-
remember, this time last year Goff/Wentz were touted as maybe second rounders
You're the only one who remembers that.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/why-jared-goff-is-the-best-qb-prospect-in-the-country/
Note this article from last October stating Goff is expected to go #1
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/27/jared-goff-nfl-draft-2016-top-quarterback-qb-prospect
Or this 55 week old article which posits that Goff could be chosen #5 overall.
http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/11/05/49ers-qb-of-the-future-could-be-cals-jared-goff/
Well what do ya know?! Here's an article from may of 2015 touting Goff as the top QB prospect entering the draft....
A ten minute google search proves you're objectively wrong about expectations for Jared Goff in 2015. I'm sure there are plenty of very "reputable" articles that you remember to support your idea that Goff was a 2nd rounder a year ago.
The problem is that, oddly enough, those articles aren't the ones showing up. I'm sure it's my fault, maybe I should use a more trust worthy search engine like Ask Jeeves.
The problem is that, oddly enough, those articles aren't the ones showing up. I'm sure it's my fault, maybe I should use a more trust worthy search engine like Ask Jeeves.
Just Ask Gipper. All the results will be just as he says.
-
At the gym but I got a text from a friend that UNC is down 21-0.
If you want to give solid input, I'd suggest flipping on the game now.
-
21-7 now.
-
28-21 now
-
One negative I read was that he's not a big time clutch guy, so this could be big for him.
-
One negative I read was that he's not a big time clutch guy, so this could be big for him.
One negative I read was that he's not a big time clutch guy, so this could be big for him.
not enough evidence in his college career for that, if you were to base that statement on his high school career then that statement is 1000% incorrect.
If only UNC would have brought their D to the game.
-
Watched the entire game- my input. DAMN, IT WAS JUST LIKE WATCHING THE BROWNS. NC defense sucks, their o-line sucks, receivers drop passes that hit them in the hands.
Now regarding Mitch. Good pocket awareness, fairly mobile. Shows nice touch on intermediate throws, and fairly accurate on the deep stuff. Tossed an effortless 50 yard bomb, I'd guess he could heave it 60+ yards if he had to. Stood in the pocket and made several accurate throws with a defender in his face. Threw a bullet completion into tight coverage, and made an NFL throw looping the ball over a defender. Should mention made a nice completion rolling to his left. (that was the knock on Johnny Football) Just missed a completion on 4th and 20 that might have been overthrown by a foot- would have continued that last minute drive. Noticed he checked out of a play a couple of times when he didn't like what he saw. Certainly went through his progressions when his primary was covered.
Now the observations that he relies too much on Switzer to bail him out might be accurate. & BTW, I wouldn't mind the Browns drafting Switzer at an appropriate draft slot. Reminds me a little of Brian Brennan.
-
Switzer is New England bound, BB loves him some white receivers.
-
Switzer is New England bound, BB loves him some white receivers.
Switzer is New England bound, BB loves him some white receivers.
or denver.
Regarding Mitch he did not do anything to hurt his draft stock but his performance did not particularly help it either. Going by the numbers nearly 300 yds passing and 3 TD with 50 some yards rushing he had another good game. but he did have some rare accuracy issues and seemed flustered in the 1st half. actually the whole team looked a bit un-prepared. Totally agree it WAS like watching the browns!
-
Switzer is New England bound, BB loves him some white receivers.
or denver.
Regarding Mitch he did not do anything to hurt his draft stock but his performance did not particularly help it either. Going by the numbers nearly 300 yds passing and 3 TD with 50 some yards rushing he had another good game. but he did have some rare accuracy issues and seemed flustered in the 1st half. actually the whole team looked a bit un-prepared. Totally agree it WAS like watching the browns!
Totally agree it WAS like watching the browns!
with the exception we never get 3 TD passes in one game or in 4 consecutive games.
-
He's not the answer! Besides, this could all be a moot point if we draft Myles Garret. San Fransisco will draft Trubisky. I think Garret and Jaime Collins would be a start in actually having a defense.
He's not the answer! Besides, this could all be a moot point if we draft Myles Garret. San Fransisco will draft Trubisky. I think Garret and Jaime Collins would be a start in actually having a defense.
That would be a start, and I emphasize START. Two down and around 7-8 to go, depending on how you're counting. Kirksey is adequate, and by the time you build that D up to SB standards, Haden will be near done, if he isn't already. Guys like JJ Watt, Suh and Clowney may get you to the playoffs- I still say you have to have the quarterback. I doubt Griffin and Kessler are the long term answer.
The 2015 Broncos had Ware, Miller, Talib, and Ward
The Ravens Super Bowl teams were loaded with defensive stars.
-
I dunno i think you only go defense over qb in our situation if charles woodson is in the draft and I'm not seeing anyone of that talent here.
-
Switzer is New England bound, BB loves him some white receivers.
Switzer is New England bound, BB loves him some white receivers.
LOL! He's an old school guy bringing back that old Boston Celtics mentality to the area.
-
Nah, no qb.
-
At the gym but I got a text from a friend that UNC is down 21-0.
If you want to give solid input, I'd suggest flipping on the game now.
At the gym but I got a text from a friend that UNC is down 21-0. If you want to give solid input, I'd suggest flipping on the game now.
Watched most of it...
Regarding Mitch...he did have some rare accuracy issues and seemed flustered in the 1st half.
... and the second.
One game does not an assessment make, but I saw no #1 overall worthy QB today.
Positives included fairly short, quick release, more than adequate arm strength and quick feet.
Attributes MIA included restricted reads, pocket presence, TOR, and accuracy.
More work to do, but not enough seen for a QB who runs a lot of read option and gets his play adjustments from the sideline.
On the bright side I was reintroduced to Bradley Chubb, NS State DE... had not seen him since last season. Nice looking 4-3 DE prospect.
-
remember, this time last year Goff/Wentz were touted as maybe second rounders
You're the only one who remembers that.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/why-jared-goff-is-the-best-qb-prospect-in-the-country/
Note this article from last October stating Goff is expected to go #1
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/27/jared-goff-nfl-draft-2016-top-quarterback-qb-prospect
Or this 55 week old article which posits that Goff could be chosen #5 overall.
http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/11/05/49ers-qb-of-the-future-could-be-cals-jared-goff/
Well what do ya know?! Here's an article from may of 2015 touting Goff as the top QB prospect entering the draft....
A ten minute google search proves you're objectively wrong about expectations for Jared Goff in 2015. I'm sure there are plenty of very "reputable" articles that you remember to support your idea that Goff was a 2nd rounder a year ago.
The problem is that, oddly enough, those articles aren't the ones showing up. I'm sure it's my fault, maybe I should use a more trust worthy search engine like Ask Jeeves.
You're the only one who remembers that.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/why-jared-goff-is-the-best-qb-prospect-in-the-country/
Note this article from last October stating Goff is expected to go #1
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/27/jared-goff-nfl-draft-2016-top-quarterback-qb-prospect
Or this 55 week old article which posits that Goff could be chosen #5 overall.
http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/11/05/49ers-qb-of-the-future-could-be-cals-jared-goff/
Well what do ya know?! Here's an article from may of 2015 touting Goff as the top QB prospect entering the draft....
A ten minute google search proves you're objectively wrong about expectations for Jared Goff in 2015. I'm sure there are plenty of very "reputable" articles that you remember to support your idea that Goff was a 2nd rounder a year ago.
The problem is that, oddly enough, those articles aren't the ones showing up. I'm sure it's my fault, maybe I should use a more trust worthy search engine like Ask Jeeves.
I would say that it was probably the preseason rankings that applied. I mean, before the beginning of last year it was all about Hackenberg...and Prescott...and Connor Cook.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login