Skip to content

Camp Trubisky

The Browns Board
548 53 13.4k
  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    Watched the entire game- my input. DAMN, IT WAS JUST LIKE WATCHING THE BROWNS. NC defense sucks, their o-line sucks, receivers drop passes that hit them in the hands.

    Now regarding Mitch. Good pocket awareness, fairly mobile. Shows nice touch on intermediate throws, and fairly accurate on the deep stuff. Tossed an effortless 50 yard bomb, I'd guess he could heave it 60+ yards if he had to. Stood in the pocket and made several accurate throws with a defender in his face. Threw a bullet completion into tight coverage, and made an NFL throw looping the ball over a defender. Should mention made a nice completion rolling to his left. (that was the knock on Johnny Football) Just missed a completion on 4th and 20 that might have been overthrown by a foot- would have continued that last minute drive. Noticed he checked out of a play a couple of times when he didn't like what he saw. Certainly went through his progressions when his primary was covered.

    Now the observations that he relies too much on Switzer to bail him out might be accurate. & BTW, I wouldn't mind the Browns drafting Switzer at an appropriate draft slot. Reminds me a little of Brian Brennan.

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by

    Switzer is New England bound, BB loves him some white receivers.

  • Switzer is New England bound, BB loves him some white receivers.

    C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by

    @roycerolls said:

    Switzer is New England bound, BB loves him some white receivers.

    or denver.

    Regarding Mitch he did not do anything to hurt his draft stock but his performance did not particularly help it either. Going by the numbers nearly 300 yds passing and 3 TD with 50 some yards rushing he had another good game. but he did have some rare accuracy issues and seemed flustered in the 1st half. actually the whole team looked a bit un-prepared. Totally agree it WAS like watching the browns!

  • @roycerolls said:

    Switzer is New England bound, BB loves him some white receivers.

    or denver.

    Regarding Mitch he did not do anything to hurt his draft stock but his performance did not particularly help it either. Going by the numbers nearly 300 yds passing and 3 TD with 50 some yards rushing he had another good game. but he did have some rare accuracy issues and seemed flustered in the 1st half. actually the whole team looked a bit un-prepared. Totally agree it WAS like watching the browns!

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Totally agree it WAS like watching the browns!

    with the exception we never get 3 TD passes in one game or in 4 consecutive games.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by

    He's not the answer! Besides, this could all be a moot point if we draft Myles Garret. San Fransisco will draft Trubisky. I think Garret and Jaime Collins would be a start in actually having a defense.

  • He's not the answer! Besides, this could all be a moot point if we draft Myles Garret. San Fransisco will draft Trubisky. I think Garret and Jaime Collins would be a start in actually having a defense.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @opal312 said:

    He's not the answer! Besides, this could all be a moot point if we draft Myles Garret. San Fransisco will draft Trubisky. I think Garret and Jaime Collins would be a start in actually having a defense.

    That would be a start, and I emphasize START. Two down and around 7-8 to go, depending on how you're counting. Kirksey is adequate, and by the time you build that D up to SB standards, Haden will be near done, if he isn't already. Guys like JJ Watt, Suh and Clowney may get you to the playoffs- I still say you have to have the quarterback. I doubt Griffin and Kessler are the long term answer.

    The 2015 Broncos had Ware, Miller, Talib, and Ward

    The Ravens Super Bowl teams were loaded with defensive stars.

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by

    I dunno i think you only go defense over qb in our situation if charles woodson is in the draft and I'm not seeing anyone of that talent here.

  • Switzer is New England bound, BB loves him some white receivers.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @roycerolls said:

    Switzer is New England bound, BB loves him some white receivers.

    LOL! He's an old school guy bringing back that old Boston Celtics mentality to the area.

  • cvcanedyC cvcanedy wrote on last edited by

    Nah, no qb.

  • At the gym but I got a text from a friend that UNC is down 21-0.

    If you want to give solid input, I'd suggest flipping on the game now.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    At the gym but I got a text from a friend that UNC is down 21-0. If you want to give solid input, I'd suggest flipping on the game now.

    Watched most of it...

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Regarding Mitch...he did have some rare accuracy issues and seemed flustered in the 1st half.

    ... and the second.

    One game does not an assessment make, but I saw no #1 overall worthy QB today.

    Positives included fairly short, quick release, more than adequate arm strength and quick feet.

    Attributes MIA included restricted reads, pocket presence, TOR, and accuracy.

    More work to do, but not enough seen for a QB who runs a lot of read option and gets his play adjustments from the sideline.

    On the bright side I was reintroduced to Bradley Chubb, NS State DE... had not seen him since last season. Nice looking 4-3 DE prospect.

  • @the-gipper said:

    remember, this time last year Goff/Wentz were touted as maybe second rounders

    You're the only one who remembers that.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/why-jared-goff-is-the-best-qb-prospect-in-the-country/

    Note this article from last October stating Goff is expected to go #1

    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/27/jared-goff-nfl-draft-2016-top-quarterback-qb-prospect

    Or this 55 week old article which posits that Goff could be chosen #5 overall.

    http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/11/05/49ers-qb-of-the-future-could-be-cals-jared-goff/

    Well what do ya know?! Here's an article from may of 2015 touting Goff as the top QB prospect entering the draft....

    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2469137-meet-jared-goff-the-2016-nfl-drafts-top-qb-heading-into-next-season#

    A ten minute google search proves you're objectively wrong about expectations for Jared Goff in 2015. I'm sure there are plenty of very "reputable" articles that you remember to support your idea that Goff was a 2nd rounder a year ago.

    The problem is that, oddly enough, those articles aren't the ones showing up. I'm sure it's my fault, maybe I should use a more trust worthy search engine like Ask Jeeves.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @roycerolls said:

    You're the only one who remembers that.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/why-jared-goff-is-the-best-qb-prospect-in-the-country/

    Note this article from last October stating Goff is expected to go #1

    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/27/jared-goff-nfl-draft-2016-top-quarterback-qb-prospect

    Or this 55 week old article which posits that Goff could be chosen #5 overall.

    http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/11/05/49ers-qb-of-the-future-could-be-cals-jared-goff/

    Well what do ya know?! Here's an article from may of 2015 touting Goff as the top QB prospect entering the draft....

    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2469137-meet-jared-goff-the-2016-nfl-drafts-top-qb-heading-into-next-season#

    A ten minute google search proves you're objectively wrong about expectations for Jared Goff in 2015. I'm sure there are plenty of very "reputable" articles that you remember to support your idea that Goff was a 2nd rounder a year ago.

    The problem is that, oddly enough, those articles aren't the ones showing up. I'm sure it's my fault, maybe I should use a more trust worthy search engine like Ask Jeeves.

    I would say that it was probably the preseason rankings that applied. I mean, before the beginning of last year it was all about Hackenberg...and Prescott...and Connor Cook.

  • @roycerolls said:

    The problem is that, oddly enough, those articles aren't the ones showing up. I'm sure it's my fault, maybe I should use a more trust worthy search engine like Ask Jeeves.

    Just Ask Gipper. All the results will be just as he says.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    Just Ask Gipper. All the results will be just as he says.

    And my recollection was correct: See this article where Goff was ranked no higher than #7 and Wentz wasn't even in the Top 25:

    http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/133373274/college-football-2015-quarterback-rankings

    Three Buckeye QBs were rated higher.

    And here: SI....Goff a second rounder:

    http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/03/nfl-draft-2016-big-board-joey-bosa-jalen-ramsey

    I didn't make this up. Anyone that disagrees with me can look in the mirror and say to themselves: I am a dickwad.

  • @the-gipper said:

    remember, this time last year Goff/Wentz were touted as maybe second rounders

    You're the only one who remembers that.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/why-jared-goff-is-the-best-qb-prospect-in-the-country/

    Note this article from last October stating Goff is expected to go #1

    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/27/jared-goff-nfl-draft-2016-top-quarterback-qb-prospect

    Or this 55 week old article which posits that Goff could be chosen #5 overall.

    http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/11/05/49ers-qb-of-the-future-could-be-cals-jared-goff/

    Well what do ya know?! Here's an article from may of 2015 touting Goff as the top QB prospect entering the draft....

    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2469137-meet-jared-goff-the-2016-nfl-drafts-top-qb-heading-into-next-season#

    A ten minute google search proves you're objectively wrong about expectations for Jared Goff in 2015. I'm sure there are plenty of very "reputable" articles that you remember to support your idea that Goff was a 2nd rounder a year ago.

    The problem is that, oddly enough, those articles aren't the ones showing up. I'm sure it's my fault, maybe I should use a more trust worthy search engine like Ask Jeeves.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @roycerolls said:

    You're the only one who remembers that.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/why-jared-goff-is-the-best-qb-prospect-in-the-country/

    Note this article from last October stating Goff is expected to go #1

    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/27/jared-goff-nfl-draft-2016-top-quarterback-qb-prospect

    Or this 55 week old article which posits that Goff could be chosen #5 overall.

    http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/11/05/49ers-qb-of-the-future-could-be-cals-jared-goff/

    Well what do ya know?! Here's an article from may of 2015 touting Goff as the top QB prospect entering the draft....

    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2469137-meet-jared-goff-the-2016-nfl-drafts-top-qb-heading-into-next-season#

    A ten minute google search proves you're objectively wrong about expectations for Jared Goff in 2015. I'm sure there are plenty of very "reputable" articles that you remember to support your idea that Goff was a 2nd rounder a year ago.

    The problem is that, oddly enough, those articles aren't the ones showing up. I'm sure it's my fault, maybe I should use a more trust worthy search engine like Ask Jeeves.

    Again....all articles were basically post or late season. Preseason, it was other people.

  • @roycerolls said:

    Switzer is New England bound, BB loves him some white receivers.

    or denver.

    Regarding Mitch he did not do anything to hurt his draft stock but his performance did not particularly help it either. Going by the numbers nearly 300 yds passing and 3 TD with 50 some yards rushing he had another good game. but he did have some rare accuracy issues and seemed flustered in the 1st half. actually the whole team looked a bit un-prepared. Totally agree it WAS like watching the browns!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    or denver.

    Regarding Mitch he did not do anything to hurt his draft stock but his performance did not particularly help it either. Going by the numbers nearly 300 yds passing and 3 TD with 50 some yards rushing he had another good game. but he did have some rare accuracy issues and seemed flustered in the 1st half. actually the whole team looked a bit un-prepared. Totally agree it WAS like watching the browns!

    A lot of those "accuracy issues" involved the fact that he had 6 drops of his passes by his receivers. Had those been connected his completion percentage would have been much better. Was he perfectly 100% accurate? No.

    I didn't like a lot of the play calling that team made. But his performance was definitely worthy.

    And yea....bad defense, bad O-Line. He fits in perfect here.

  • He's not the answer! Besides, this could all be a moot point if we draft Myles Garret. San Fransisco will draft Trubisky. I think Garret and Jaime Collins would be a start in actually having a defense.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @opal312 said:

    He's not the answer! Besides, this could all be a moot point if we draft Myles Garret. San Fransisco will draft Trubisky. I think Garret and Jaime Collins would be a start in actually having a defense.

    If he is not the answer, then the answer will not come to the Browns for another 10 years.

    He is as good an answer as we will will have had since the Browns drafted Bernie Kosar in the supplemental draft.

  • I dunno i think you only go defense over qb in our situation if charles woodson is in the draft and I'm not seeing anyone of that talent here.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    I dunno i think you only go defense over qb in our situation if charles woodson is in the draft and I'm not seeing anyone of that talent here.

    Charles Woodson? He wasn't the best CB the year he came out.

    Antoine Winfield was a better pure corner. Woodson could probably float between safety and corner.

    But, no....this morning Tony Grossi basically said that the one thing that would put this team on the road to respectability is a QB. Of course there are other holes that need desperately filled......trenches and DB. But QB is primary.

    If there is not franchise QB to be had, then yes, you go defense.....but I believe there is a franchise QB to be had.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    At the gym but I got a text from a friend that UNC is down 21-0. If you want to give solid input, I'd suggest flipping on the game now.

    Watched most of it...

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Regarding Mitch...he did have some rare accuracy issues and seemed flustered in the 1st half.

    ... and the second.

    One game does not an assessment make, but I saw no #1 overall worthy QB today.

    Positives included fairly short, quick release, more than adequate arm strength and quick feet.

    Attributes MIA included restricted reads, pocket presence, TOR, and accuracy.

    More work to do, but not enough seen for a QB who runs a lot of read option and gets his play adjustments from the sideline.

    On the bright side I was reintroduced to Bradley Chubb, NS State DE... had not seen him since last season. Nice looking 4-3 DE prospect.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Watched most of it...

    ... and the second.

    One game does not an assessment make, but I saw no #1 overall worthy QB today.

    Positives included fairly short, quick release, more than adequate arm strength and quick feet.

    Attributes MIA included restricted reads, pocket presence, TOR, and accuracy.

    I think you are dead wrong on both the pocket presence and the accuracy. As Hoorta said...he stood in there and many many on the button throws while defenders were in his face. As for accuracy...no, he wasn't 1000 percent perfect....but I saw only two throws that were not throwaways that were off target...and one of those was by a cunt hair.

    As for restricted reads...I think that is a scheme/coaching matter. And I don't know what you mean by TOR.

    More work to do, but not enough seen for a QB who runs a lot of read option and gets his play adjustments from the sideline.

    Sure, more work to do....but read option and getting adjustment from the sidelines is the way 99.4% of college offenses are run now. I don't like it much...but it is what it is.

    On the bright side I was reintroduced to Bradley Chubb, NS State DE... had not seen him since last season. Nice looking 4-3 DE prospect.

    What round do you see him going?

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by

    I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered

  • I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered

    cvcanedyC cvcanedy wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered

    Glad you are you and not a scout.

  • I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered

    I'm on board but I'm a homer