Camp Trubisky
-
He's not the answer! Besides, this could all be a moot point if we draft Myles Garret. San Fransisco will draft Trubisky. I think Garret and Jaime Collins would be a start in actually having a defense.
He's not the answer! Besides, this could all be a moot point if we draft Myles Garret. San Fransisco will draft Trubisky. I think Garret and Jaime Collins would be a start in actually having a defense.
If he is not the answer, then the answer will not come to the Browns for another 10 years.
He is as good an answer as we will will have had since the Browns drafted Bernie Kosar in the supplemental draft.
-
I dunno i think you only go defense over qb in our situation if charles woodson is in the draft and I'm not seeing anyone of that talent here.
I dunno i think you only go defense over qb in our situation if charles woodson is in the draft and I'm not seeing anyone of that talent here.
Charles Woodson? He wasn't the best CB the year he came out.
Antoine Winfield was a better pure corner. Woodson could probably float between safety and corner.
But, no....this morning Tony Grossi basically said that the one thing that would put this team on the road to respectability is a QB. Of course there are other holes that need desperately filled......trenches and DB. But QB is primary.
If there is not franchise QB to be had, then yes, you go defense.....but I believe there is a franchise QB to be had.
-
At the gym but I got a text from a friend that UNC is down 21-0. If you want to give solid input, I'd suggest flipping on the game now.
Watched most of it...
Regarding Mitch...he did have some rare accuracy issues and seemed flustered in the 1st half.
... and the second.
One game does not an assessment make, but I saw no #1 overall worthy QB today.
Positives included fairly short, quick release, more than adequate arm strength and quick feet.
Attributes MIA included restricted reads, pocket presence, TOR, and accuracy.
More work to do, but not enough seen for a QB who runs a lot of read option and gets his play adjustments from the sideline.
On the bright side I was reintroduced to Bradley Chubb, NS State DE... had not seen him since last season. Nice looking 4-3 DE prospect.
Watched most of it...
... and the second.
One game does not an assessment make, but I saw no #1 overall worthy QB today.
Positives included fairly short, quick release, more than adequate arm strength and quick feet.
Attributes MIA included restricted reads, pocket presence, TOR, and accuracy.
I think you are dead wrong on both the pocket presence and the accuracy. As Hoorta said...he stood in there and many many on the button throws while defenders were in his face. As for accuracy...no, he wasn't 1000 percent perfect....but I saw only two throws that were not throwaways that were off target...and one of those was by a cunt hair.
As for restricted reads...I think that is a scheme/coaching matter. And I don't know what you mean by TOR.
More work to do, but not enough seen for a QB who runs a lot of read option and gets his play adjustments from the sideline.
Sure, more work to do....but read option and getting adjustment from the sidelines is the way 99.4% of college offenses are run now. I don't like it much...but it is what it is.
On the bright side I was reintroduced to Bradley Chubb, NS State DE... had not seen him since last season. Nice looking 4-3 DE prospect.
What round do you see him going?
-
I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered
-
I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered
I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered
Glad you are you and not a scout.
-
I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered
I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered
I'm on board but I'm a homer
-
Just Ask Gipper. All the results will be just as he says.
And my recollection was correct: See this article where Goff was ranked no higher than #7 and Wentz wasn't even in the Top 25:
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/133373274/college-football-2015-quarterback-rankings
Three Buckeye QBs were rated higher.
And here: SI....Goff a second rounder:
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/03/nfl-draft-2016-big-board-joey-bosa-jalen-ramsey
I didn't make this up. Anyone that disagrees with me can look in the mirror and say to themselves: I am a dickwad.
Anyone that disagrees with me can look in the mirror and say to themselves: I am a dickwad.
"Gip is a dickwad."
Hey! The mirror agreed with me!
-
Anyone that disagrees with me can look in the mirror and say to themselves: I am a dickwad.
"Gip is a dickwad."
Hey! The mirror agreed with me!
LOL!"Gip is a dickwad."
Hey! The mirror agreed with me!
Also in regards to my post i mean as far as college QBs go i think mitch is nearly undisputed the top QB available in 2017. Doesn't mean we wont take allen or Garrett but i think i would prefer Allen tbh
I still think we will take mitch because the need is so great to stabilise our QB spot but you never know they may decide to wait for lamar
-
I'd take mitch second round
-
LOL!"Gip is a dickwad."
Hey! The mirror agreed with me!
Also in regards to my post i mean as far as college QBs go i think mitch is nearly undisputed the top QB available in 2017. Doesn't mean we wont take allen or Garrett but i think i would prefer Allen tbh
I still think we will take mitch because the need is so great to stabilise our QB spot but you never know they may decide to wait for lamar
LOL!
Also in regards to my post i mean as far as college QBs go i think mitch is nearly undisputed the top QB available in 2017. Doesn't mean we wont take allen or Garrett but i think i would prefer Allen tbh
I still think we will take mitch because the need is so great to stabilise our QB spot but you never know they may decide to wait for lamar
If they wait for a 6'2 undersized college running QB, then they deserve to get fired.
-
I'd take mitch second round
I'd take mitch second round
You must not have taken into account that he says he wants to play here. That bumps him up a round.
-
I'd take mitch second round
You must not have taken into account that he says he wants to play here. That bumps him up a round.
You must not have taken into account that he says he wants to play here. That bumps him up a round.
Johnny said that too. Worked for him.

-
You must not have taken into account that he says he wants to play here. That bumps him up a round.
Johnny said that too. Worked for him.

Johnny said that too. Worked for him.

I was definitely being sarcastic. I know that there will be a few here who go insane over Trubisky because he said he wanted to play here.
-
Me too.
-
Me too.
Me too.
Haha
-
Just watched him vs Pitt. Very impressive. When you watch the film, you can see the Tar Heels' o-line is possibly worse than the Browns'. If he had time, he could be deadly.
More to watch...
-
Against Duke, he had better protection in the first half and it showed. He was solid and deadly. In the second half, Duke brought pressure and the UNC o-line got exposed. Trubisky fell apart and looked very shaky all the way until he threw the game losing INT.
More to go...
-
Came out "on fire" against Florida State. Knew he had to get rid of the ball quickly, and did with great success. Almost perfect in the first half, then had a few bad plays holding onto it too long in the 2nd half; however, he did lead 2 4th quarter drives to get the "W".
Overall so far, plays great despite a weak line. Impressive arm strength, anticipates well, and is quick to get the ball out. He also has good wheels and isn't afraid to tuck and run. He can be a little over-aggressive at times, and loses his accuracy occasionally. Stats may be inflated due to all the screen passes they throw.
More to go...
-
Somewhat concerning, in the rain against Virginia Tech he was awful. No time to throw, woefully inaccurate, and the WRs couldn't catch. All-around terrible. Zero positives.
-
Somewhat concerning, in the rain against Virginia Tech he was awful. No time to throw, woefully inaccurate, and the WRs couldn't catch. All-around terrible. Zero positives.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login